Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,063 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:31 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (485) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (796403 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (482) (483) (484) (485) (486) (487) (488) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by tyleer(m): 10:36pm On May 22, 2019
Haba, the VO clearly stated desperation as his reason for denial. I was also interviewed on May 16th by the Old white VO, these interviews are subjective, he was just acting angry on the said date, maybe I should let you know that all through my interview, he was standing and rushing everything, he only asked me profile based questions like when did I graduate and what I have been doing, which I answered well, the next thing was to return my I20 and passport, he even forgot to give me the yellow paper, to show you how ruthless he was.
I'm not saying you're wrong, but in this particular case I don't think the research issue earned him a deniaI. I have friends who flopped during their interview but were still approved cos of "full funding." Your advice should be noted buh it doesn't guarantee approval
bracelum:

Keep beating around the bush and dribbling yourself. A simple LinkedIn research would tell you that most graduates of this program find their way into the industry even with the "research-focus" of the program.

I'm not here to debate about professional or research programs. I just wanted to tell you that you screwed yourself up and you don't have to accept it because it doesn't change anything.

If your career goal is research, you have to make it very clear to the VO to avoid them second-guessing. You clearly did not do that and you can't blame the VO for denying you.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by pierre92(m): 10:39pm On May 22, 2019
hansmond93:

I respect your input a lot but I think u made a mistake.
He's going for Msc Computer science this year with a focus in Software Engineering.... It's a research MSC because it's Computer science,

And a lot of schools offering Computer Science have a software engineering research laboratory to conduct research in software engineering.... So u can also do research in Software Engineering even though Msc software engineering is a professional Msc.
This doesn’t make sense
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 10:40pm On May 22, 2019
hansmond93:

I respect your input a lot but I think u made a mistake.
He's going for Msc Computer science this year with a focus in Software Engineering.... It's a research MSC because it's Computer science,

And a lot of schools offering Computer Science have a software engineering research laboratory to conduct research in software engineering.... So u can also do research in Software Engineering even though Msc software engineering is a professional Msc.

I have already treated this issue. Go back and read my previous posts.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 10:43pm On May 22, 2019
tyleer:
Haba, the VO clearly stated desperation as his reason for denial. I was also interviewed on May 16th by the Old white VO, these interviews are subjective, he was just acting angry on the said date, maybe I should let you know that all through my interview, he was standing and rushing everything, he only asked me profile based questions like when did I graduate and what I have been doing, which I answered well, the next thing was to return my I20 and passport, he even forgot to give me the yellow paper, to show you how ruthless he was.
I'm not saying you're wrong, but in this particular case I don't think the research issue earned him a deniaI. I have friends who flopped during their interview but were still approved cos of "full funding." Your advice should be noted buh it doesn't guarantee approval

Baba, all these things na excuses! Just take responsibilities for what happened and improve on your lapses.

Or are you trying to say the VO did not approve anyone that day? No dey talk this thing jare

If you share your transcript now, we may identify some of the lapses (I seriously encourage you to do that so you can avoid a repeat). If to say I no mention that guy error now, he for make everybody believe say the VO was harsh on him.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by oluwaisgreat(m): 10:44pm On May 22, 2019
bracelum:

I have already treated this issue. Go back and read my previous posts.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Brown2Green(m): 10:46pm On May 22, 2019
tyleer:

You for drop your own transcript too na

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 10:48pm On May 22, 2019
Come and hug me and bring sharwama for me too
sharwama:
My heart goes out to everyone who got hurt in here today. I wish I could hug you right now; you didn't deserve to be "casualties" of a war of words that should never have begun in the first place, a war you neither saw coming nor was "prepared" to fight.
People often say "sticks and stones may break my bones but words would never hurt me". That's not true. Words spoken or written can hurt a lot.
If someone gets hit by a bullet, chances are they'd survive if they get swift medical attention. I mean they could undergo surgery and the bullet could be taken out, right?
But when words hit you, especially hurtful, harsh or bitter remarks, who do you run to? I mean surgeons can't stitch emotional wounds, they can't even see it, to start with.
You are the only one who knows how much it hurts and where exactly it hurts.
Sharwama believes words should be used to build people up and not tear them apart.
She wishes people would be more careful with their choice of words.
It's okay to call a spade a spade but HOW we call it, is also very important. No one has ever died from giving or receiving constructive criticism, maybe we could choose that more often. Maybe we could choose kindness more often. Maybe we could imagine walking in someone else's shoes more often...
Once again, my heart goes out to anyone who got hurt in here today. I'm so sorry. I see you, I wrote this for you my friend.
I hope this gets to you in time, I hope I'm not too late.
May the force be with you!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by hansmond93: 10:51pm On May 22, 2019
pierre92:
This doesn’t make sense
He's going for a research Msc not a Profesional Msc.
Msc Computer Science (software engineering track)
Not Msc Software Engineering. Clear?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by tyleer(m): 10:51pm On May 22, 2019
Sure, I agree improvement is key.
bracelum:

Baba, all these things na excuses! Just take responsibilities for what happened and improve on your lapses.

Or are you trying to say the VO did not approve anyone that day? No dey talk this thing jare

If you share your transcript now, we may identify some of the lapses (I seriously encourage you to do that so you can avoid a repeat). If to say I no mention that guy error now, he for make everybody believe say the VO was harsh on him.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 10:53pm On May 22, 2019
tyleer:
Sure, I agree improvement is key.

Goodluck!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 10:55pm On May 22, 2019
oluwaisgreat:
pls check your inbox

send me an email instead... bracelum@gmail.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by pierre92(m): 11:09pm On May 22, 2019
hansmond93:

He's going for a research Msc not a Profesional Msc.

Msc Computer Science (software engineering track)

Not Msc Software Engineering.
Clear?
I was referring to the statement in bold. No issues here.Shalom
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by makaba10: 11:15pm On May 22, 2019
I know your type without a second guess. �
bracelum:

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by makaba10: 11:19pm On May 22, 2019
You dismiss personal experiences, and want to form kingkong with “If to say I no mention that guy error now”, when you are obviously displaying poor judgement.
bracelum:

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by tyleer(m): 11:22pm On May 22, 2019
Visa Delayed May16th

Walter Carrington Lagos Consulate. 7am
School: Grand valley state university. (No funding)

Me: Good morning (with a smile)
VO: Pass me your Docs please! (While standing)
Me: passed I20 and passport
VO: You were denied last year? Why apply again??
Me: I got a study leave approval at work
VO: When did u complete undergraduate studies? ( Obviously looking at my ds160 on his system)
Me 2014
VO: afterwards?
Me: I observed my compulsory National youth Service at bla bla bla
Me: I gained employment to work with *** Cinemas ltd in 2017 as an account officer.
VO: *Nods his bald head* so you're going for Msc Accounting?
Me: yes
VO: I can see you're paying some money?
Me: My dad will sponsor my program
VO: What does he do
Me: He is a senior Manager at Zenith bank and also invests in real estate (at this point I was expecting him to at least collect my dad's statement)
VO: Started romancing my passport front n back and eventually returns it with my I20 *you still do not qualify*
Me: Thanks.

He forgot to give me the yellow paper. I got outside even d security me laff say Baba dem no even give u any paper grin. Some said I shouldn't have booked 7am that the stuff is quota based bla bla bla. I need corrections if I was at fault and if it's due to no funding, ild take my time and refire!

Brown2Green:

You for drop your own transcript too na

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Mudicua: 11:27pm On May 22, 2019
Thank you mama...
Kindness goes a long way.

sharwama:
My heart goes out to everyone who got hurt in here today. I wish I could hug you right now; you didn't deserve to be "casualties" of a war of words that should never have begun in the first place, a war you neither saw coming nor was "prepared" to fight.
People often say "sticks and stones may break my bones but words would never hurt me". That's not true. Words spoken or written can hurt a lot.
If someone gets hit by a bullet, chances are they'd survive if they get swift medical attention. I mean they could undergo surgery and the bullet could be taken out, right?
But when words hit you, especially hurtful, harsh or bitter remarks, who do you run to? I mean surgeons can't stitch emotional wounds, they can't even see it, to start with.
You are the only one who knows how much it hurts and where exactly it hurts.
Sharwama believes words should be used to build people up and not tear them apart.
She wishes people would be more careful with their choice of words.
It's okay to call a spade a spade but HOW we call it, is also very important. No one has ever died from giving or receiving constructive criticism, maybe we could choose that more often. Maybe we could choose kindness more often. Maybe we could imagine walking in someone else's shoes more often...
Once again, my heart goes out to anyone who got hurt in here today. I'm so sorry. I see you, I wrote this for you my friend.
I hope this gets to you in time, I hope I'm not too late.
May the force be with you!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Devilcalibour: 11:29pm On May 22, 2019
tyleer:
Visa Delayed May16th

VO: When did u complete undergraduate studies? ( Obviously looking at my ds160 on his system)
Me 2014
Me: I gained employment to work with *** Cinemas ltd in 2017 as an account officer.
Me: He is a senior Manager at Zenith bank and also invests in real estate (at this point I was expecting him to at least collect my dad's statement)
VO: Started romancing my passport front n back and eventually returns it with my I20 *you still do not qualify*

He forgot to give me the yellow paper. I got outside even d security me laff say Baba dem no even give u any paper grin. Some said I shouldn't have booked 7am that the stuff is quota based bla bla bla. I need corrections if I was at fault and if it's due to no funding, ild take my time and refire!

the way they sip their coffee annoys me

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 11:30pm On May 22, 2019
You had a huge opportunity right there! Could you add up the rest of your response to the bolded part of your transcript below? Grand Valley may not offer you admission, but you could get a GA. Don't pay another visa fee yet. By the way, how much if the total cost of the program?
tyleer:
Visa Delayed May16th

Me 2014

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by tyleer(m): 11:34pm On May 22, 2019
Tuition $12,900
Living $10,000
Just $22,900 total.

fairheart:
You had a huge opportunity right there! Could you add up the rest of your response to the bolded part of your transcript below? Grand Valley may not offer you admission, but you could get a GA. Don't pay another visa fee yet. By the way, how much if the total cost of the program?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by tyleer(m): 11:38pm On May 22, 2019
grin grin grin 59,200 is working na, not their fault
Devilcalibour:
the way they sip their coffee annoys me
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Tochillz: 11:44pm On May 22, 2019
V

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 11:52pm On May 22, 2019
Thank God for this approval!! grin grin cheesy cheesy
Tochillz:
Visa approved today for 7:45am
No GRE no TOEFEL
It’s God
Thanks to this family..I learnt a lot

I will be posting my transcript later
Please if you are going to University of New Haven
Say hi!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 11:54pm On May 22, 2019
I will tell a student to contact you. She is going to the same school!
Tochillz:
No GRE no TOEFEL
It’s God

Say hi!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 11:55pm On May 22, 2019
How old are you?
tyleer:
Tuition $12,900
Living $10,000
Just $22,900 total.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Adedayo65: 11:56pm On May 22, 2019
Hehehehe! Baba abi na Oga Twood will be angry with this ‘it’s God’ again...��

Tochillz:
No GRE no TOEFEL
It’s God

Say hi!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 11:59pm On May 22, 2019
tyleer:
Visa Delayed May16th

Me 2014

You see what I was saying? If you no share transcript now, you go make everyone believe say na VO fault.

BOLD 1: So, you did not take a leave last year during your application? That was not a good reason and I feel you set a sad impression from that point. You can say stuff like "I couldn't articluate my study plan properly to the VO and I was rejected". A follow-up question might be "So, tell me about your study plan". Then, you can climb the wheel and murder your interview there.

BOLD 2: You nailed your coffin at this point. You should have connected your jobs to this current degree. Something like " I did my NYSC and due to my passion in accounting, I taught high school students basic knowledge on bookkeeping, cashflows etc(don't lie o! Make sure it's true). Thereafter, I secured a job as an Account Manager in Bleep where I prepared annual financial records and performed several accounting functions like X, X and X".

Since your dad is financing the trip, I don't think the funding was a problem.

Also, ignore all those things they told you about applying at 7am bla bla bla. Prepare well for your visa interview and you will nail it even though you do it in the middle of the night.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 12:06am On May 23, 2019
Sounds very good! This will save him when next he reapply. I was particularly interested in the section he cut off. He could have earn the interest of the VO from there too.
bracelum:

You see what I was saying? If you no share transcript now, you go make everyone believe say na VO fault.

BOLD 1: So, you did not take a leave last year during your application? That was not a good reason and I feel you set a sad impression from that point. You can say stuff like "I couldn't articluate my study plan properly to the VO and I was rejected". A follow-up question might be "So, tell me about your study plan". Then, you can climb the wheel and murder your interview there.

BOLD 2: You nailed your coffin at this point. You should have connected your jobs to this current degree. Something like " I did my NYSC and due to my passion in accounting, I taught high school students basic knowledge on bookkeeping, cashflows etc(don't lie o! Make sure it's true). Thereafter, I secured a job as an Account Manager in Bleep where I prepared annual financial records and performed several accounting functions like X, X and X".

Also, ignore all those things they told you about applying at 7am bla bla bla. Prepare well for your visa interview and you will nail it even though you do it in the middle of the night.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by tyleer(m): 12:09am On May 23, 2019
Thanks I appreciate, those points are noted. I guess I'm motivated to give it a better shot. I was already thinking funding is the only way
bracelum:

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 12:12am On May 23, 2019
tyleer:
Thanks I appreciate, those points are noted. I guess I'm motivated to give it a better shot. I was already thinking funding is the only way

Don't be deceived! You can get your visa with or without financial aid. Do the right thing and prepare well for your interview. You can do mock interviews with friends or do mock interview in front of a mirror in case you are nervous.

Goodluck

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Allylic(f): 12:13am On May 23, 2019
Left for just a day and I was faced with more than 8 pages..To all those that got their visa approved,congratulations. And to all those that got their visa refused for one reason or the other,please refire..All will be well
I am short of words at the moment but let me drop this here for fellow nairalander anybody.
There are two ways to live your life.
1) live your life as if nothing is a miracle
2) live your life as if everything is a miracle.

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by tyleer(m): 12:15am On May 23, 2019
I only said I served at the ministry of commerce as an account officer. I really appreciate your response
fairheart:
Sounds very good! This will save him when next he reapply. I was particularly interested in the section he cut off. He could have earn the interest of the VO from there too.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by tyleer(m): 12:24am On May 23, 2019
Nice School
fairheart:
I will tell a student to contact you. She is going to the same school!

(1) (2) (3) ... (482) (483) (484) (485) (486) (487) (488) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.