Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,686 members, 7,816,796 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:23 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (509) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (795782 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (506) (507) (508) (509) (510) (511) (512) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by tactmayor: 10:08am On May 30, 2019
wintabotom:

This picture means you showed that you were proficient na....my thoughts tho
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by wintabotom: 10:11am On May 30, 2019
my tots too but i didnt ave any evidence of why i am proficient.. u get no IELTS result or evidence of waiver
tactmayor:

This picture means you showed that you were proficient na....my thoughts tho
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by tactmayor: 10:12am On May 30, 2019
If one edits the ds 160, can one reprint the appointment confirmation page?? Or one will have to get a new appointment with the new ds 160 form?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by solihp(f): 10:15am On May 30, 2019
wintabotom:
my tots too but i didnt ave any evidence of why i am proficient.. u get no IELTS result or evidence of waiver

I noticed something on the i20, the i20 was for spring, hope you know you need to get another i20 for this fall if you're trying to go for the interview anytime soon.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by solihp(f): 10:18am On May 30, 2019
tactmayor:
If one edits the ds 160, can one reprint the appointment confirmation page?? Or one will have to get a new appointment with the new ds 160 form?

You don't need to book a new appointment, just change the DS160 application ID on the visa page from the old one to the new one, at least 3 days to your interview.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 10:19am On May 30, 2019
keji157:
Good morning everyone. I recently gained admission at the East Tennessee State University study Digital Media as my second degree. I already had a first degree from the university of Ibadan in 2014. My i20 has been shipped but am still in doubt if Vo will accept or reject my Visa application cos I already had a first degree.

Why not do a Master's degree? The US educational system is so flexible that you can study Arts in undergrad and do computer science in graduate school.

A graduate degree would be better. And it has been 5 years since you graduated.

It will be a tough nut to crack
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Brown2Green(m): 10:24am On May 30, 2019
dejakif:
Hello Guys,

I just got an appointment Interview for US VISA, a friend working in the US invited me but i am sponsoring myself as i have a good job here in Nigeria and a family of 2.

This is the first time i will be going for an interview but I have traveled to China about 4years ago (Spent 4 months in china), sponsored by the Chinese embassy. I have a new passport as the one i used to travel to china already expired.

What are the possible questions that will be asked during the interview & what documents should i take along to the interview?

Where you've traveled to and what you went to do there.
What do you do for a living?
How much do you earn?
Home tie.. Family, Job, investment
How long will you be there?
And questions about the person that invited you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by wintabotom: 10:26am On May 30, 2019
yea i would
solihp:

I noticed something on the i20, the i20 was for spring, hope you know you need to get another i20 for this fall if you're trying to go for the interview anytime soon.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by dejakif: 10:29am On May 30, 2019
Brown2Green:

Where you've traveled to and what you went to do there.
What do you do for a living?
How much do you earn?
Home tie.. Family, Job, investment
How long will you be there?
And questions about the person that invited you.

Thank you very much for the response, What document am i mearnt to take along?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Brown2Green(m): 10:29am On May 30, 2019
keji157:
Good morning everyone. I recently gained admission at the East Tennessee State University study Digital Media as my second degree. I already had a first degree from the university of Ibadan in 2014. My i20 has been shipped but am still in doubt if Vo will accept or reject my Visa application cos I already had a first degree.

Kindly DON'T go for a second Bsc.

You have a very high possibility of getting straight denial.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 10:30am On May 30, 2019
Tooyib:

UPS is 92$. That’s the cheapest you can get.

FedEX charged me $65
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Time2win(m): 10:32am On May 30, 2019
keji157:

FedEX charged me $65

Was there a promo or discount?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Brown2Green(m): 10:36am On May 30, 2019
dejakif:

Thank you very much for the response, What document am i mearnt to take along?

Passport – All original passports including old and expired.
DS 160 form copy.
US embassy Visa interview appointment confirmation copy.
Form i797A or B (H1B approval notice) – Original is best. If not possible, then carry color copy of i797 approval.
Form i129 (H1B application) copy – Carry color or Black and white copy of form i-129.
H1B LCA copy – Carry color or Black and white copy of LCA posting.
Statement of account
Last 3 months payslips..
Landed documents (if available)

Take any relevant document that can prove strong home tie.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by tactmayor: 10:38am On May 30, 2019
solihp:

You don't need to book a new appointment, just change the DS160 application ID on the visa page from the old one to the new one, at least 3 days to your interview.

But the appointment confirmation page printout has the old application ID on it
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by wintabotom: 11:07am On May 30, 2019
ok noted
solihp:

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by solihp(f): 11:11am On May 30, 2019
tactmayor:

But the appointment confirmation page printout has the old application ID on it

That's why I said you should change the DS160 application ID on your visa page from the old one to the new one. Have you done that?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by tactmayor: 11:15am On May 30, 2019
solihp:

That's why I said you should change the DS160 application ID on your visa page from the old one to the new one. Have you done that?

Yes
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by solihp(f): 11:16am On May 30, 2019
tactmayor:

Yes
I don't think it gets reflected immediately.

Allow the gurus to answer you grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nwaobiegue: 11:26am On May 30, 2019
Good day everyone,

I just got my F-1 visa renewed after an interview. My original program start/end date was 14th August 2017 - 15th May 2019. I extended my program till 13th December 2019 (i.e 7 months from now) and it's evident on my I-20. Prior to this renewal, I have a visa valid till 13th July 2019(I.e 2months from now).

Please educate me on the likely validity of the just renewed visa. Is it going to be the 7 months spectrum, less than or the usual 2 years?
Has any student for whatever reason been approved of visa with less than 2 years validity?

Thank you gurus
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by dejakif: 12:02pm On May 30, 2019
Brown2Green:

Passport – All original passports including old and expired.
DS 160 form copy.
US embassy Visa interview appointment confirmation copy.
Form i797A or B (H1B approval notice) – Original is best. If not possible, then carry color copy of i797 approval.
Form i129 (H1B application) copy – Carry color or Black and white copy of form i-129.
H1B LCA copy – Carry color or Black and white copy of LCA posting.
Statement of account
Last 3 months payslips..
Landed documents (if available)

Take any relevant document that can prove strong home tie.

Thank you very much
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 12:11pm On May 30, 2019
Nwaobiegue:
Good day everyone,

I just got my F-1 visa renewed after an interview. My original program start/end date was 14th August 2017 - 15th May 2019. I extended my program till 13th December 2019 (i.e 7 months from now) and it's evident on my I-20. Prior to this renewal, I have a visa valid till 13th July 2019(I.e 2months from now).

Please educate me on the likely validity of the just renewed visa. Is it going to be the 7 months spectrum, less than or the usual 2 years?
Has any student for whatever reason been approved of visa with less than 2 years validity?

Thank you gurus

I think your visa ends on the day your i20 ends. You can then extend your status by applying for your OPT, which should be done 90 days before the end of your program.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 12:18pm On May 30, 2019
Time2win:

Was there a promo or discount?

None of the above
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 12:20pm On May 30, 2019
bracelum:

Why not do a Master's degree? The US educational system is so flexible that you can study Arts in undergrad and do computer science in graduate school.

A graduate degree would be better. And it has been 5 years since you graduated.

It will be a tough nut to crack

I had a 3rd class in my first degree and I did Boatny cos of my dad.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 12:22pm On May 30, 2019
Brown2Green:

Kindly DON'T go for a second Bsc.

You have a very high possibility of getting straight denial.

My i20 has been shipped already and Sevis fee paid for. What do you think can be done?

I had a 3rd class in first degree and I wasnt really interestedin Botany reason why I decided to get another degree in digital Media which am more interested in.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by rtgdbzn: 12:28pm On May 30, 2019
wintabotom:

What school is this, if I may ask?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by freshStarz: 12:33pm On May 30, 2019
Hi all,
Please is this Invitation a red flag

My friend, "an American" is willing to give me an invitation letter to visit the US. I want to take it but afraid cos it's a pure American that is giving me the invitation letter. Though it is a genuine friendship.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by wintabotom: 12:36pm On May 30, 2019
Tarleton State university
rtgdbzn:

What school is this, if I may ask?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LagosismyHome(f): 12:38pm On May 30, 2019
freshStarz:
Hi all,
Please is this Invitation a red flag

My friend, "an American" is willing to give me an invitation letter to visit the US. I want to take it but afraid cos it's a pure American that is giving me the invitation letter. Though it is a genuine friendship.

This is not the right place to post it , there is another group for visiting visa. It might be better to post there

That been said i have seen post here by VO which states they do not read or view Invitation letters . Instead you are access based on your home ties for visiting visa
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by rtgdbzn: 12:49pm On May 30, 2019
wintabotom:
Tarleton State university
Okay...thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Timm89: 12:53pm On May 30, 2019
Hi house. Please I got denied today� (F1). How soon can I reapply?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by ProYouWebsiteUK(f): 12:55pm On May 30, 2019
wintabotom:
oversabi again... well done

There is nothing like oversabi in what he was saying. He was only trying to help by telling you what he thought was the right thing for you to do next.

All the VOs expects all students to take Standardize tests no matter what, and sees students that did not take the test as an unserious student.

What he was trying to say is that, what if you try again without taking the GRE and you get to the interview and the VO ask you if you take the test and you said No. It takes only the Grace of God to be approved Visa if the VO ask about Standardize Test and you said you didn't take it. You wouldn't know the type of question the VO would ask you. The VO might not even ask you about English Proficiency Test in your next interview but ask for Standardize Test.

There is sense in what he was saying, you just chose to hate his words because you don't like him. Stop seeing him like he's acting oversabi. Think over his advice before you reapply. At least, you will be able to tell the VO that something has changed about your application.

Who knows maybe God used him to tell you what might hinder you from getting your Visa in your next attempt so you can work towards it.

My advice though.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Brown2Green(m): 12:58pm On May 30, 2019
keji157:

My i20 has been shipped already and Sevis fee paid for. What do you think can be done?

I had a 3rd class in first degree and I wasnt really interestedin Botany reason why I decided to get another degree in digital Media which am more interested in.

Your Sevis fee is valid for a year.
Do you have professional experience in your intended field?

(1) (2) (3) ... (506) (507) (508) (509) (510) (511) (512) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.