Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,765 members, 7,817,107 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:57 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (507) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (796016 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (504) (505) (506) (507) (508) (509) (510) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by laboldkid(m): 3:45pm On May 29, 2019
Time2win:

Then don't give answer like a visa offer

Don't tell me what to say.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Time2win(m): 3:46pm On May 29, 2019
laboldkid:

Don't tell me what to say.

Okay sir

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by laboldkid(m): 3:48pm On May 29, 2019
Time2win:

Okay sir
No disrespect to you.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Johnolukolade(m): 4:01pm On May 29, 2019
Leeeeemmmaaaaaooooooo

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ifesinachi22(m): 4:49pm On May 29, 2019
Please, apart from memorizing page number which somehow looks old fashioned in this computer age, What else should I do so i can start reading from where i stopped whenever i come online?
I've missed so many things by forgetting the page number.

I use Nairaland App on an Android Phone
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Johnolukolade(m): 5:00pm On May 29, 2019
Ifesinachi22:
Please, apart from memorizing page number which somehow looks old fashioned in this computer age, What else should I do so i can start reading from where i stopped whenever i come online?

Use opera mini and thank me later.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Talksub(m): 6:08pm On May 29, 2019
Hello , I need some help.

I want to do my masters in engineering management. Please do you know any university that offer tuition waiver and full scholarship . How do I apply . I plan to join the spring session , since it is already late to apply for fall session .
I am about to write GRE and IELTS academic.

Please I need a list of university that offer Graduate Assistant or teaching Assistant.

Note : I have a job , will be going on 2 years study leave .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Oasishavenng: 6:11pm On May 29, 2019
Nobody really has the time to do the research for you.
My advice is go online, get schools that offer the course, contact the grad cord to enable you prune the list you have

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by wintabotom: 6:23pm On May 29, 2019
please should i try again @fairheart @justwise and other experienced members [quote author=wintabotom post=75042973][/quote]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by wintabotom: 6:29pm On May 29, 2019
Good evening

@fairheart @justwise and other experienced members please should i try again this fall. If i hve a better and more articulated transcript, do you think i have a chance? Please dont forget that i was denied 2ce..

PS i am going with my daughter.

wintabotom:

i would post the little details of my interview that i can remember after passing 120 and passport
1st interview Dec 17, 2nd was jan 2

VO: WHY MSC IN PUBLIC ADMIN

ME: I beleive due to my 10 years work experience, i am due to hve a masters. i chose masters in public admin, due to my experience at my place of work, i have been a volunteer member of ........ where we help children living with ... and source for funds ....... at my place of work i have been moved to ..... desk where we help women ......... also i intend to own y own NGO in the future. with the masters in PUB Admin, i beleive it would give a boost to my career advancement and opportunity. i have been made the head of ... desk and after taking a study leave for this course it would help me gather the knowledge required to perform on the role.

VO: who is funding for this trip

ME: it is co sponsored by my husband and i

VO: Can i have your bank statement (i passed it and explained its our joint account statement.. which was sufficiently funded as indicated in the i 20)

VO: I just saw an inflow, why such all of a sudden.

ME: This was as a liquidation of our fixed deposit investment. (passed him a copy of the fixed deposit certificate) this is a copy of the fixed deposit certificate which shows it was liquidated yesterday. Its no longer valid because the investment was just liquidated due to todays interview. If you look at the statement you would notice the funds have been in the account since october but we had to invest it to get interests.

VO: ok this is fine, i see you stayed in the usa for over 2 months, what was this about

ME: I HAD OBTAINED A MEDICAL VISA IN 2017, AS I went to have a baby, this was indicated at my interview that i would be in the usa for that length of time.

VO: Do you have your receipts

ME: YES (PASSED the zero balance statement)

VO: (studied it for a while) how much did you pay for this, was it normal delivery or CS

me: Normal delivery, total was about $5k , this was the contract signed in the hospital for self pay

VO: OK , but i want you to note that these hospitals do some things behind you, and give you an affordable bill, a standard bill for delivery in the usa should be about $20k.

ME: i didnt know this, i met with the hospital and this was the bill given to me on a contract for self pay

VO: i know you dont know, but its ok. excuse me for a minute (he goes to meet one witch with the statement that had denied every single soul, probably his supervisor)

VO: sorrry about that i had to make a little clarification. (looks at the 1-20) Your i20 states that English proficiency is required, where is your English proficiency test.

ME: The school waived English test on my behalf as my B.SC was done in English, also i had done an IELTS test before the school waived it.

VO: (Getting Angry) WHERE IS IT

ME: unfortunately its nt here with me. I had obtained an admission from the school because i was qualified and submitted the necessary documents to the school. i wont have been offered the admission if i wasn't Proficient, can you please allow me to bring the documents later or send via email.

VO: Based on som conditions your VISA is not approved. You can come back for B1 B2 visa but you dont qualify for this visa.

ME: Please does this mean i cant school in the USA..

VO: It depends on who you meet but this is my decision.

I Didnt give up, i reapplied for Jan 2nd at Abuja

i would like to point out that every single soul was denied that day only 2 VOs were interviewing, the ambiance was sooooo tense

VO: I see you had come for an interview for weeeks ago, what has changed

ME: SCHOOLS Resumes Jan 7, however, at the last interview, i wasnt able to provide my English test because i didnt take itwith me to the interview, I also have a letter from the school to explain the waiver on English.

VO: OK, why this school Tarleton State University

me: It affordable, the school is in Texas which has a great wether. Also, after various research, i realised that the school is highly rate for the course , and one of the Top schools in the USA.. (she cuts me)

VO: What other schools did you apply to

ME: Florida Atlantic uni and university of Massasuchets, I didnt get Florida Atlantic Uni

VO: under the immigration laws in the USA you dont qualify for this VISA(same old story to every soul at the embassy)

GUYS please what do you think should i go to another country or reapply. i am already processing other options but i need your thoughts on this.

kindly advise what i should have done better. i work in a reputable organisation. at the first interview it looked like i was getting it after spending 30 mins. i feel like the guy got upset cos he had moved on on the affordable hospital bill, then i now didnt bring my test result or letter from the school.

i only need advise

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Time2win(m): 6:40pm On May 29, 2019
wintabotom:
Good evening

@fairheart @justwise and other experienced members please should i try again this fall. If i hve a better and more articulated transcript, do you think i have a chance? Please dont forget that i was denied 2ce..

Tell your school to remove the English proficiency is required from your i20 or change school before trying again. You will definitely get it
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by KatyDee: 7:40pm On May 29, 2019
Can you withdraw the treasury bills before the maturity date? If yes get a letter from the bank and add it to your documents

handoffire:

My treasury bill was not accepted on Tuesday, that was why I was placed on A.P.

The V.O stated that she wanted Liquid funds or bank statement.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 7:40pm On May 29, 2019
Talksub:
Hello , I need some help.

I want to do my masters in engineering management. Please do you know any university that offer tuition waiver and full scholarship . How do I apply . I plan to join the spring session , since it is already late to apply for fall session .
I am about to write GRE and IELTS academic.

Please I need a list of university that offer Graduate Assistant or teaching Assistant.

Note : I have a job , will be going on 2 years study leave .

Engineering Management is a wonderful degree! However, it is a professional degree (just like the MBA) and it will be extremely difficult to get full tuition waiver for that program from a good school.

If getting a job is a priority for you, I will advice you seek financing means to attend any of the best engineering management programs in the US. It will pay for its cost. The best engineering management programs in the US are those by Dartmouth College, Duke and Cornell University. I strongly recommend Dartmouth or Duke.

One good thing with this degree is that you have several career options open to you. Depending on your background, you can go into consulting, finance, product management or data analytics management after this degree.

Most of my friends in this program end up at Product Management roles.

If getting a job is not important for you (ie, you want to return back home), then make sure you attend a program with a good coursework.

7 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Brown2Green(m): 7:56pm On May 29, 2019
wintabotom:
Good evening

Before going for your next interview, you need to get a good drill.

For the delivery , I think you got some benefits that you were not supposed to get as a noncitizen.

Response to ' why this school?' was not convincing at the second interview.
Also you should consider Canada express entry as a backup since you have a family.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ifesinachi22(m): 8:03pm On May 29, 2019
Johnolukolade:

Use opera mini and thank me later.

OK thanks.

Please how much do WES charge to send copies of Transcripts to schools
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 8:14pm On May 29, 2019
Fucccck all VOs making money for tha USA, fuuuuuck you all. I wouldnt be coming to your useless country though, so fuckkk youuuuuuuuuu

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by SOJ2019: 8:22pm On May 29, 2019
bracelum:

Engineering Management is a wonderful degree! However, it is a professional degree (just like the MBA) and it will be extremely difficult to get full tuition waiver for that program from a good school.

If getting a job is a priority for you, I will advice you seek financing means to attend any of the best engineering management programs in the US. It will pay for its cost. The best engineering management programs in the US are those by Dartmouth College, Duke and Cornell University. I strongly recommend Dartmouth or Duke.

One good thing with this degree is that you have several career options open to you. Depending on your background, you can go into consulting, finance, product management or data analytics management after this degree.

If getting a job is not important for you (ie, you want to return back home), then make sure you attend a program with a good coursework.
bracelum:

What are the several career options for a program like criminal justice/safety studies (MS) in the united states?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Drekales: 8:22pm On May 29, 2019
grin grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

Wetin dem do you?

camobri:
Fucccck all VOs making money for tha USA, fuuuuuck you all. I wouldnt be coming to your useless country though, so fuckkk youuuuuuuuuu

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 8:28pm On May 29, 2019
SOJ2019:

What are the several career options for a program like criminal justice/safety studies (MS) in the united states?

I can't say I know much about criminal justice. However, career opportunities will be limited for international students because a lot of roles will be with the FDI, CIA and other security agencies, which will only hire Americans. So, if that is your desired course of study, you need to be aware of these limitations if you want a career in the US.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 8:32pm On May 29, 2019
camobri:
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by kekenation(m): 9:34pm On May 29, 2019
Make I tell hamm? grin grin grin
camobri:
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Olalekank(m): 10:15pm On May 29, 2019
Ifesinachi22:

You can use the one on the browser

Click on "follow" to follow the topic

When next you come online, you just click on your "followed topics" at the top of the page

If there are new posts under the topic, you'd see a small picture showing "new". Click on the picture

It'd take you to where you left off

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Olalekank(m): 10:16pm On May 29, 2019
camobri:
Them don enter my guy
No vex bro

How many visa interviews you don do?

Hope you're not the guy the US sent a message not to apply again after 7 times?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Talksub(m): 10:19pm On May 29, 2019
bracelum:

Thanks for yours response.

I do not have any fund , that’s is why I am looking for university that offer full tuition waiver or ga or TA . I have a first degree in chemical engineering and I have been working for 8years now in an engineering firm in naija . I don’t mind do master in chemical engineering or engineering management. Depending on what course will sell well for me .

Sorry I am asking a lot of questions. I am new here . Please what is best way to get a scholarship or Tuition fee waiver . Currently reading for GRE. Please what school do you think I should check . Note I have already started my research on schools but my most important fact is school with funding . Any recommendations?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ifesinachi22(m): 10:24pm On May 29, 2019
Olalekank:

You can use the one on the browser

Click on "follow" to follow the topic

When next you come online, you just click on your "followed topics" at the top of the page

If there are new posts under the topic, you'd see a small picture showing "new". Click on the picture

It'd take you to where you left off

Thanks my dear.

Done it already
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Kay100: 10:28pm On May 29, 2019
Olalekank:

Them don enter my guy
No vex bro

How many visa interviews you don do?

Hope you're not the guy the US sent a message not to apply again after 7 times?
lol, bro you serious?..dem send person msg say mk him no apply again, diz one serious o

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by jossywayne(m): 10:34pm On May 29, 2019
camobri:

Maybe the nigga may have been denied several times. If that’s so, sorry bro. May we know the reason of your anger?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Olalekank(m): 12:15am On May 30, 2019
Kay100:
lol, bro you serious?..dem send person msg say mk him no apply again, diz one serious o
beejhay69:
Lol.
you don't mean it...
Na just joke ooo
No mind me
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 2:21am On May 30, 2019
Talksub:

Thanks for yours response.

I do not have any fund , that’s is why I am looking for university that offer full tuition waiver or ga or TA . I have a first degree in chemical engineering and I have been working for 8years now in an engineering firm in naija . I don’t mind do master in chemical engineering or engineering management. Depending on what course will sell well for me .

Sorry I am asking a lot of questions. I am new here . Please what is best way to get a scholarship or Tuition fee waiver . Currently reading for GRE. Please what school do you think I should check . Note I have already started my research on schools but my most important fact is school with funding . Any recommendations?

There are better chances for you getting full financial aid from an MS or PhD in Chemical Engineering than from Engineering Management. If you want to learn how to get full aid, then read the thread from page 1.

Also, you need to understand that Chemical Engineering and Engineering Management have different career paths. So, choose the one that suits your career goal the most.

(1) (2) (3) ... (504) (505) (506) (507) (508) (509) (510) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.