Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,602 members, 7,812,969 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:20 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (56) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (794013 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Audt: 9:27am On Sep 18, 2018
Hello everyone, I have a bank statement I used in July 13 when going for Student Visa Interview in US embassy, can I still use same bank statement this month or I will need to get a new bank statement please I need responds on time... thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by folmus: 9:41am On Sep 18, 2018
Audt:
Hello everyone, I have a bank statement I used in July 13 when going for Student Visa Interview in US embassy, can I still use same bank statement this month or I will need to get a new bank statement please I need responds on time... thank you

Get a new one.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ubah1(m): 9:44am On Sep 18, 2018
Audt:

Get a new one. Three months gap is alot, V.O will like to know what happened to the funds in that 3months.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by 4peace4: 10:35am On Sep 18, 2018
Audt:
See it all depends on the VO interviewing you. I know of someone that printed in march and used in August another in may and used in august as well they all got their visa approved If you can lay your hands on a recent one fine, but if you cant your july is still very much ok it hasn't exceeded six months it's barely 3 months old.A VO can never deny you because you didn't show up with a recent SOA if they so wish that's why we have what is called administrative processing for you to go get whatever suits him/her.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Spotlighte: 11:46am On Sep 18, 2018
mhizdee:
Been following this thread since late last month and I must thank everyone that took their time to post their transcripts here.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by herrlicher: 12:59pm On Sep 18, 2018
That's right. Honestly I'd love to talk about the so called H1b but I think it would be highly discouraging especially nowadays and i'd rather let everyone pursue their American dreams. I wish y'all best of luck. Thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Sheq: 1:17pm On Sep 18, 2018
LagosismyHome:

There are so many schools in the USA so really I don't know about 99 percent of them. Please do some research and it would help guide you if the school is right for you
okay thank you...i will keep doing that
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Sheq: 1:19pm On Sep 18, 2018
Spotlighte:
People between the ages of 20 and 25 who go through this admission process themselves (including monies paid for travels, living expenses, tuition, visa fees and others) without so much support from family, how do you do it?

Also, is it possible to travel to other countries for visit sake with one's F1 visa while living in America?

I am asking for a friend. I am that friend.
let me hang with you.....someone should please reply...edakun

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Spotlighte: 1:25pm On Sep 18, 2018
herrlicher:
That's right. Honestly I'd love to talk about the so called H1b but I think it would be highly discouraging especially nowadays and i'd rather let everyone pursue their American dreams. I wish y'all best of luck. Thank you.
I'm actually interested in this discussion. It's good you share what you know with us, plis dear.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by alibi499: 2:20pm On Sep 18, 2018
Hello my people. Please i need your advice regarding my documentation. Can i use a bank statement of a company belonging to my uncle who is from the eastern part of the country, while am from the southern part?. This statement is required by the school before the release of i-20.

Your advice please?
Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by GboyegaD(m): 2:33pm On Sep 18, 2018
thePiou:

Thanks Man!! Someone is trying to do the application from London on my behalf, let me say as AN AGENT. BUT what I need is thoroughly information about the institution.. cos wen I asks few questions on wetin I don read online his response was always No worry about that.

This might be late but oga, run away oooo. I know of the Washington State University at Pullman and it is a very good school. I know a friend who finished from there and his wife is still studying there and a couple who finished from there. What are your questions?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ubah1(m): 2:35pm On Sep 18, 2018
4peace4:
See it all depends on the VO interviewing you. I know of someone that printed in march and used in August another in may and used in august as well they all got their visa approved If you can lay your hands on a recent one fine, but if you cant your july is still very much ok it hasn't exceeded six months it's barely 3 months old.A VO can never deny you because you didn't show up with a recent SOA if they so wish that's why we have what is called administrative processing for you to go get whatever suits him/her.

Someone has been denied before for presenting Statememt of Account that was printed 3months before his interview and was told to reapply with current SOA. Also you don't know if those approved have some form of GA that just required few balance which wasn't an issue for the V.O to approve. For him to be on safer side, he should get a new one. It won't cost him much

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ubah1(m): 2:42pm On Sep 18, 2018
alibi499:
Hello my people. Please i need your advice regarding my documentation. Can i use a bank statement of a company belonging to my uncle who is from the eastern part of the country, while am from the southern part?. This statement is required by the school before the release of i-20.

Your advice please?
Thanks.

Yes you can use it to get your i20 but they might write the company as sponsor on your i20. Company statement of accounts are not advisable for visa interviews. So i will advise you use your uncle's personal account but if the only option available is company account, you can use it.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by AmaSophy: 3:23pm On Sep 18, 2018
[quote author=haywhizzy21 post=71285872][.you did ur job and Onise iyanu stamped it, congrats and enjoy ur new mission..i tap into this..

quote author=soulpiano23 post=71279876]Hallelu juah---Got my Visa approved on the 14/09/18.This is Heavenly favour!
Had never been to any embassy in my life(even Benin Replublic if that exist)

Most people with scholarship or funding/tuition waiver oftentimes get the visa. Not to forget the fact that God works miracles too.

I am.seriousky praying for scholarship too. I TRUST God! Co congratulations.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Senatorbee(m): 3:39pm On Sep 18, 2018
Please I need someone who can help me peruse my Statement of purpose (SOP)
I will send it to you and make necessary corrections
Thanks in anticipation
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Audt: 4:13pm On Sep 18, 2018
Do they consider age when issuing F1 visa to undergraduate? The reason am asking is that I am 26yrs and I have gone once and preparing to go again... I have every other documents including my Toefl and Sat... Pleaae how can go about tit my dear friends
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by alibi499: 5:43pm On Sep 18, 2018
[quote author=Ubah1 post=71308022]

Yes you can use it to get your i20 but they might write the company as sponsor on your i20. Company statement of accounts are not advisable for visa interviews. So i will advise you use your uncle's personal account but if the only option available is company account, you can use it.[thanks]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by djlaqua91(m): 7:47pm On Sep 18, 2018
Good day folks,

I understand this isn't student related but in need of some insight.

My sister got married around December 2017 and her husband is based in the US and he's filed for her to come over there through marriage.
The issue at hand is that the names on her birth certificate were spelt wrongly and unfortunately was used on the I-130 Form (petition for alien relative). So she can't go to the visa interview with such details.

Solution : Does She swear affidavit, effect the name change on the birth certificate and forward to her husband to restart or edit the I-130 FORM process? Or there is another way around this.

Your wise input will be gladly appreciated here. Forgive my intrusion
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by xdamson: 9:21pm On Sep 18, 2018
Ubah1:

Yes, Some school do give.

I got one when I was coming.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by xdamson: 9:24pm On Sep 18, 2018
AmaSophy:
I need urgent help from an experienced person.

My parents had their Interview in the US embassy on Thursday for visiting visa and it was approved. My worry now is that the passport/visa was erroneously sent to a wrong location (Abuja) which is too too far from our location.

How do I get it sent back to PH. I have made several calls without any result. Everyone kept redirecting me till I even got to call a US number which is the help line yet it ended up that they should go themselves to Abuja to pickup. That is a heavy problem.on me now because they are old and the stress of going and returning same day would be too hectic coupled with been fragile. How do I help my aged parents get their passports from the Abuja embassy (fraudulent people stay off this message please)

Thank you

they can sign off the white paper in your name and you can go pick up.

i did same too
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by CapitoneMax(m): 9:42pm On Sep 18, 2018
Hi, I would be willing to help review your S.O.P.
This forum is an opportunity for us all to learn
Senatorbee:
Please I need someone who can help me peruse my Statement of purpose (SOP)
I will send it to you and make necessary corrections
Thanks in anticipation
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Phatkayconcept: 11:37pm On Sep 18, 2018
[quote author=Flaame post=71284491][/quote]congratulations to you Ma. Can you kindly share the name of the university. ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by herrlicher: 1:29am On Sep 19, 2018
Tell him/her to get an immigration lawyer. He/she should sort you guys out.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by YoungTesla: 6:26am On Sep 19, 2018
Hi everyone, pls I have a quick question. Is online tutoring with the likes of Varsity Tutors and Chegg count as an unauthorized job against one’s SSN?

Many Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Adhheir: 8:29am On Sep 19, 2018
Hello house, I got admitted for MSc ISE at NIU for spring next year, I've heard securing funding for spring is quite challenging & competitive. Nevertheless, I plan to try; is anyone currently studying at NIU? I really need an insider's help. I refresh their jobs page a million times daily. Any help/tips will really come in handy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by AndroidToly: 9:23am On Sep 19, 2018
Hello house, is there anybody currently at Kennesaw State University? I'm a prospective applicant shooting for Spring 2019. Just need to iron some stuffs out. Kindly hit me on Tolyabv@hi2.in

Looking forward to your reply.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Flaame(m): 9:34am On Sep 19, 2018
Ogakings:
You

No fake documents... Jezz, can't do that.
Well the first interview, the VO asked
VO: what's your purpose of travelling?
Me: for studies
VO: how do you got to know about the school?
Me: through my elder brothers friend
VO: who's your brother
Me: he's my sponsor called his name with some other explanation
Vo: when did he travel to America
Me: he's a banker I goes often for business
VO: know I mean Mr uche(uche is my uncle who stays and work in America, I used his name in my ds 160 because I was asked if I had any relative staying their)
Me: I became dumbfounded because I list expected the question of family members, and I started explaining my relation with uche the VO kept on asking question
Vo: which school did he study at
Vo: how long has he been in America
Vo: what dose he do
Vo: wow... It's a pity you don't know you brother too well that's bad... Then the blue papers and the try again grammar
Me: almost about to cry with a straight face working out disappointed .. ..

The second interview.. My DS160 has expired so I didn't get to meet with the VO, the lady checking in turned me back and rescheduled
Then the next appointment I missed it because my SOA did not arrive earlier.

The 4th one was at Lagos with the 1million people attending, after checking in...
VO: can I have your passport?
Me: yes of course, morning to you, nice outfit..
VO: thanks dear
Vo: what's your purpose of traveling
Me: for studies
Vo: what's the name of the school
Me: McLennan community college
Vo: how did you get to know about
Me: it's through online search and my uncle suggested it
VO: why did you chose the school
Me: because they recorded a great remarks on bio medical course among other schools in Texas with great reception and audience from the student coordinator(amanda straten) with a good atmosphere and it's location located towards the northern river of something something like that with noteable alumni like bla..bla bla..
Vo: why did you choose bio-medical course..
Me: it effect in Morden medicine which has not been incoroprated in Nigeria health sector bla bla bla....
Vo: what courses will you be undertaking
Me: us English 101..maths, 112..maths 102 history.. 101 etc
VO: did take any international exam?
Me: no
Did you apply to other schools and which one
Me: yes.. I started naming the schools...
VO... With the blue paper and their normal try again later grammar...
Me: sorry if I may ask, why the denial?
VO: sorry it's confidential
Me: did I say anything improper?
Vo: No,its confidential and protocol!
Me: thanks and have a great day...
Vo: smiled.. You are welcome

This has been my experience..
Well,no insult intended,but your performance was poor. You need to improve well.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by dk2baba(m): 10:53am On Sep 19, 2018
I want to go for an undergraduate program in USA and I already have a degree certificate here in Nigeria am 25 would age not b a barrier?? Pls I need an urgent response from an experienced person
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by harriseen(m): 11:28am On Sep 19, 2018
Hello fellow nairalanders.

So I got the blue paper today at the Abuja embassy. Feels very sad, but I hope to try again. School resumes Oct. 22, 2018.
Despite the outcome, I really do thank y’all here, cos the extent to which I prepared was because of what I learned from you guys

Below is my transcript and please I will need your assessment. I don’t mind overly frank comments. My own na to learn, refire and get my visa approved

VO: Good morning.

Me: Good morning.

VO: passport and I20

(I passed it)

VO: So I see you’re going to Westcliff University in Irvine.

Me: that’s correct. Irvine California

VO: what program are you going there for?

Me: Master of Business Administration with a concentration in International Business

VO: So where did you first learn about this school.

Me: I first saw it on LinkedIn, on a former schoolmate’s profile, he did his MBA there. I then went further to do a personal online research on the school, including on the school’s website.

VO: so what kind of school is this (honestly this kicked me off balance, until this moment I thought I was very confident and fluent in my expressions, didn’t really understand what she meant. I sha answered that it’s a school that offers both undergraduate and graduate programs, they basically got only a faculty of Education and a college of Business. She cuts in and asks: “is it an online school or what?”)

Me: oh, that... they offer both online and hybrid options, but I chose the hybrid option as it is more involving and robust. There’s student mentoring and the cross cultural learning to gain. Besides Westcliff has an arrangement for hybrid students to have a few days internship experience at selected firms. (Nodding her head and typing seriously, and not smiling at all)

VO: what’s your schedule for this program?

Me: (this was where I feel my problem started). So classes are once in a week. (She cuts in and asks: “So what will you be doing on other days?” “Cos one problem with these hybrid programs and in your case where you go to school just once in a week, is that students end up working, and that’s illegal.” I sha told her, apart from classes with lecturers there are student discussion groups and engagement, “besides I don’t intend to go doing anything illegal, that’s something I have never done in my life”). We will be doing courses in Organization behavior, managerial accounting, financial management, marketing management, strategic management in globalized economy, managerial economics and of course my concentration- International business.

VO: when did you finish your first degree.

Me: 2011, although the session was officially 2009/2010, the semester dragged into the first quarter of 2011.

VO: So what have you been doing since you graduated.

Me: oh, so much. After my NYSC in 2012, I worked briefly as an intern producer with abc tv station. I then joined xyz bank as service quality officer in the loans department in 2014, later that year I moved to abc bank where I was a customer service officer and funds transfer officer. Since 2015 till date I have been with xyz bank as head abc unit in one of the branches where I’m responsible for xyz of the branch, supervise a team of xyz who are in charge of “this this this and that”

VO: So what will this degree do for you?

Me: (I feel I also messed up here, some how I failed to mention how this degree would enhance my growth with the bank or give opportunity for a specific role). Even though I have had this vast experience in banking operations for about 4 years, there still is that foundational gap, as my first degree was in the arts- English and Literature ( at this point she stopped looking at me, quickly typed and was staring at her monitor); so this program would help me with in-depth understanding of organizational capabilities needed for operations, especially in specialized functions as Finance, marketing and Human Resources. (I know I didn’t really do well here, somehow I didn’t say all I had prepared to say, and the way she was staring at me didn’t even help. Lol).

VO: who will be paying for this program?

Me: I have been able to save up over the course of... (she cuts in)

VO: Pointedly, tell me who’s paying (tapping her wrist), time, time.

Me: oh, I will be partly paying, my uncle takes care of other expenses. (Almost forgot to add) I also have a certain percentage of scholarship.

VO: can I have documents for that. ( handed her my statement, uncle’s and scholarship letter)

Me: (while she was going through the SOAs) my statement is a money market account statement, but I have a letter of introduction here from the bank stating that it could be liquidated at anytime.

VO: why would your uncle wanna pay for you?

Me: he’s my foster father, he’s been very much involved in my education, especially after my dad’s sight got inpaired, also I’m like the child he doesn’t have.

VO: what does he do?

Me: Primarily he owns a bureau de change and also imports and sells tiles.

She then types ooooooo, next thing na blue paper, stating that I have not proven strong home ties.

I need very candid advice here on what next to do. Sch resumes Oct. 22.

Also one guy got pink paper, he left frowning and very embittered. But what does the pink paper mean?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Humble11: 11:39am On Sep 19, 2018
harriseen:
Hello fellow nairalanders.

So I got the blue paper today at the Abuja embassy. Feels very sad, but I hope to try again. School resumes Oct. 22, 2018.
Despite the outcome, I really do thank y’all here, cos the extent to which I prepared was because of what I learned from you guys

Below is my transcript and please I will need your assessment. I don’t mind overly frank comments. My own na to learn, refire and get my visa approved

VO: Good morning.

Me: Good morning.

VO: passport and I20

(I passed it)

VO: So I see you’re going to Westcliff University in Irvine.

Me: that’s correct. Irvine California

VO: what program are you going there for?

Me: Master of Business Administration with a concentration in International Business

VO: So where did you first learn about this school.

Me: I first saw it on LinkedIn, on a former schoolmate’s profile, he did his MBA there. I then went further to do a personal online research on the school, including on the school’s website.

VO: so what kind of school is this (honestly this kicked me off balance, until this moment I thought I was very confident and fluent in my expressions, didn’t really understand what she meant. I sha answered that it’s a school that offers both undergraduate and graduate programs, they basically got only a faculty of Education and a college of Business. She cuts in and asks: “is it an online school or what?”)

Me: oh, that... they offer both online and hybrid options, but I chose the hybrid option as it is more involving and robust. There’s student mentoring and the cross cultural learning to gain. Besides Westcliff has an arrangement for hybrid students to have a few days internship experience at selected firms. (Nodding her head and typing seriously, and not smiling at all)

VO: what’s your schedule for this program?

Me: (this was where I feel my problem started). So classes are once in a week. (She cuts in and asks: “So what will you be doing on other days?” “Cos one problem with these hybrid programs and in your case where you go to school just once in a week, is that students end up working, and that’s illegal.” I sha told her, apart from classes with lecturers there are student discussion groups and engagement, “besides I don’t intend to go doing anything illegal, that’s something I have never done in my life”). We will be doing courses in Organization behavior, managerial accounting, financial management, marketing management, strategic management in globalized economy, managerial economics and of course my concentration- International business.

VO: when did you finish your first degree.

Me: 2011, although the session was officially 2009/2010, the semester dragged into the first quarter of 2011.

VO: So what have you been doing since you graduated.

Me: oh, so much. After my NYSC in 2012, I worked briefly as an intern producer with abc tv station. I then joined xyz bank as service quality officer in the loans department in 2014, later that year I moved to abc bank where I was a customer service officer and funds transfer officer. Since 2015 till date I have been with xyz bank as head abc unit in one of the branches where I’m responsible for xyz of the branch, supervise a team of xyz who are in charge of “this this this and that”

VO: So what will this degree do for you?

Me: (I feel I also messed up here, some how I failed to mention how this degree would enhance my growth with the bank or give opportunity for a specific role). Even though I have had this vast experience in banking operations for about 4 years, there still is that foundational gap, as my first degree was in the arts- English and Literature ( at this point she stopped looking at me, quickly typed and was staring at her monitor); so this program would help me with in-depth understanding of organizational capabilities needed for operations, especially in specialized functions as Finance, marketing and Human Resources. (I know I didn’t really do well here, somehow I didn’t say all I had prepared to say, and the way she was staring at me didn’t even help. Lol).

VO: who will be paying for this program?

Me: I have been able to save up over the course of... (she cuts in)

VO: Pointedly, tell me who’s paying (tapping her wrist), time, time.

Me: oh, I will be partly paying, my uncle takes care of other expenses. (Almost forgot to add) I also have a certain percentage of scholarship.

VO: can I have documents for that. ( handed her my statement, uncle’s and scholarship letter)

Me: (while she was going through the SOAs) my statement is a money market account statement, but I have a letter of introduction here from the bank stating that it could be liquidated at anytime.

VO: why would your uncle wanna pay for you?

Me: he’s my foster father, he’s been very much involved in my education, especially after my dad’s sight got inpaired, also I’m like the child he doesn’t have.

VO: what does he do?

Me: Primarily he owns a bureau de change and also imports and sells tiles.

She then types ooooooo, next thing na blue paper, stating that I have not proven strong home ties.

I need very candid advice here on what next to do. Sch resumes Oct. 22.

Also one guy got pink paper, he left frowning and very embittered. But what does the pink paper mean?

Abuja embassy uses blue paper and pink paper for visa refusal. It has same content

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.