Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,574 members, 7,816,412 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:47 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (70) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (795705 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Sooredaniel(m): 10:44pm On Sep 30, 2018
Hi guys. I need some enlightenment on SSN. My GA required me to apply for it which I did. I received my social security card now and don't know much about it. If I decide to use it to get a job outside school, are there any risk involved?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Larox: 10:53pm On Sep 30, 2018
Greetings gurus,
Please, how do one go about enrolling SAT?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by PstTobi: 11:15pm On Sep 30, 2018
I want to apply for Civil engineering at University of New Haven with 2.6gpa,please can I get assistantship?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by femi312: 11:17pm On Sep 30, 2018
Sooredaniel:
Hi guys. I need some enlightenment on SSN. My GA required me to apply for it which I did. I received my social security card now and don't know much about it. If I decide to use it to get a job outside school, are there any risk involved?
You have a GA, what else do you want? Yes there is a lot of risk, don't even try it. Dont let few dollars spoil your future. That is if you are not caught before that said future, you can be deported.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Sooredaniel(m): 1:11am On Oct 01, 2018
I went through your pages and I saw this peremptory act is consistent with you. If this is how Imperriox, Lagosismyhome and other informed peeps reply people on here, people wld shy off here. Even Twoods’s brusque responses always have informative facts. I needed information not abstract reasoning! Hope you get paid for taking advantage of people inquisitiveness to gain relevance?
femi312:
You have a GA, what else do you want? Yes there is a lot of risk, don't even try it. Dont let few dollars spoil your future. That is if you are not caught before that said future, you can be deported.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by femi312: 1:33am On Oct 01, 2018
Sooredaniel:
I went through your pages and I saw this peremptory act is consistent with you.
Okay, keep speaking English, the truth they say is bitter. How can you be asking that kind of question on here? Its a common knowledge that international students can only work on campus. Question like yours is what has made the process tougher.

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Northeastern: 1:45am On Oct 01, 2018
Sooredaniel:
I went through your pages and I saw this peremptory act is consistent with you. If this is how Imperriox, Lagosismyhome and other informed peeps reply people on here, people wld shy off here. Even Twoods’s brusque responses always have informative facts. I needed information not abstract reasoning! Hope you get paid for taking advantage of people inquisitiveness to gain relevance?

Oga no need for this. The guy was not hatch na, all I could read from his post is he's trying to tell you not to consider it at all.

What I can read from your question is that you are looking for who would show you how to beat the system because the answer to your question is on the social security card.

If you think you stipend and the money you have would not be enough, look for ways to cut your expenses. Those with experience will always come off like Femi. When the say the immigration dynamics in the US is changing fast and unfavorable to non-citizens, it is not a joke. It is real. They are just tightening holes that are not even loopholes.

Please in case you are not aware, run away from whoever is offering to get you jobs under the table, they'll rope you tomorrow. This is no Nigeria, once you were stamped in, they are monitoring every of your moves. PLEASE STAY LEGAL, DON'T EVEN TAKE ANY BENEFIT.

11 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Sooredaniel(m): 1:53am On Oct 01, 2018
Thanks for the information. I was asking to know if its legal to get a job outside school during break or summer. I never considered working during school session, I don't have the time.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Sooredaniel(m): 2:02am On Oct 01, 2018
Ive been informed bro.
femi312:
Okay, keep speaking English, the truth they say is bitter. How can you be asking that kind of question on here? Its a common knowledge that international students can only work on campus. Question like yours is what has made the process tougher.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by ponpon(m): 2:49am On Oct 01, 2018
Baba leave English. He told you fact!!!! No use small mess spoil yansh
Sooredaniel:

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Positivity101: 3:01am On Oct 01, 2018
Not true. He can use only the company statement of account. So far it has enough funds in it. He can go to embassy with other documents like the certificate of incorporation of the company just to show the VO his level of prepared ness even though they might not even look at it. Embassy will do their own due diligence on the account in their own way.
Ysakaws1:
My brother is about to apply for his USA study visa. He will be sponsored by our father but there is something confusing us now. My Dad has already printed out his company’s SOA (Dad is the CEO). However, a particular agent told us that apart from the company’s SOA, my bro MUST also submit my Dad’s personal SOA.

Please who knows if this is true
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Icongold2006(m): 7:20am On Oct 01, 2018
please can a successor tell us more how he or she go about his or her general foreign credit evaluation through WES or ECE website .. thanks.. I want to know more about the process concerning the payment and the actual delivery interval .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 7:30am On Oct 01, 2018
Sooredaniel:
Thanks for the information. I was asking to know if its legal to get a job outside school during break or summer. I never considered working during school session, I don't have the time.

I believe your question was not fully understood. If I'm correct, you wanted to know if it's legal to work up to 40 hours during the summer, right? USCIS permits full-time employment (21-40 hours per week) during vacation periods and summer for enrolled and continuing students on F-1 status. Note that it has to be on campus. https://www.ice.gov/sevis/employment

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Sheq: 8:53am On Oct 01, 2018
ziondaughter247:

Wow ... this is so unfair. My friend wrote TOEFL on September 21 and applied via Mafit.. everything cost just 45k. these agents are very wicked and greedy
abi o...people are very wicked... what can i do... the shoe wearer doesnt mind...i will just be looking
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Flaame(m): 11:22am On Oct 01, 2018
KeLcHeE:
Great fellas,

I got admitted into a school in the US for fall 2018. I-20 was processed but was not parceled down to Naija, although SEVIS number and school code were emailed to me in order to fast-track the visa application process and all. I ended up deferring the admission to 2019. Now, I have been admitted into another University for Spring 2019 of which i am bent on attending. Do I have to transfer my SEVIS number? If yes, what is the process?

**Visa application was not initiated. I only generated a payment coupon on the fmjfee website, but ended up not paying the SEVIS fee at the time (since resumption date was around the corner..)

Thanks in advance
yes,u can transfer it....send them a mail and tell them your challenges

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Gabbybanks: 12:38pm On Oct 01, 2018
Hello guy, I have been admitted for spring 2019 graduate degree in communication at Liberty university and West Texas A&M out of 4 schools I applied to. I will choose west Texas though... My i20 is always on the way with DHL... I wud just like to request for assistance with the visa application process... How do I start, what and when do I pay for... Whc location is favorable. Any visa related opinion is much sorted after.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by npmi(f): 12:44pm On Oct 01, 2018
frandies:
I got admitted to study msc In the state without writing TOEFL or IELT because the school said it if not needed. Gurus in the house, hope this will not affect my transcript during my interview at the embassy?
Which school

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by yacha77: 3:09pm On Oct 01, 2018
Hello and happy independence day. Is there any one in house with experience on admission and student visa for flight schools. Interview questions might be a little bit different I suppose. Thanks guys

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Sooredaniel(m): 3:19pm On Oct 01, 2018
Timotee:

I believe your question was not fully understood. If I'm correct, you wanted to know if it's legal to work up to 40 hours during the summer, right? USCIS permits full-time employment (21-40 hours per week) during vacation periods and summer for enrolled and continuing students on F-1 status. Note that it has to be on campus. https://www.ice.gov/sevis/employment
thanks for the link bro. Really appreciate
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by MrMann1(m): 3:57pm On Oct 01, 2018
Sooredaniel:
During summer, if you get a job like internship position. Take the offer for employment to International Student, and ask for approval. You will be given a new i20 and it will state your new offer and the expiry date. Also if you don't have up to 20 hours of job per week on campus at the moment, you can get a job outside, but the job must relate with your major, and the hours you work in total from campus and outside job should be 20 hours.

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by MrMann1(m): 3:58pm On Oct 01, 2018
frandies:
I got admitted to study msc In the state without writing TOEFL or IELT because the school said it if not needed. Gurus in the house, hope this will not affect my transcript during my interview at the embassy?
Did you at least wrote GRE or GMAT

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by MrMann1(m): 4:03pm On Oct 01, 2018
Icongold2006:
please can a successor tell us more how he or she go about his or her general foreign credit evaluation through WES or ECE website .. thanks.. I want to know more about the process concerning the payment and the actual delivery interval .
WES is your best option. Create an account on the website, and have you naija school send the transcript, keep track of the transcript, and once delivered, it will update on your WES account. Payment mode is best with visa card.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by femi312: 4:15pm On Oct 01, 2018
MrMann1:

During summer, if you get a job like internship position. Take the offer for employment to International Student, and ask for approval. You will be given a new i20 and it will state your new offer and the expiry date. Also if you don't have up to 20 hours of job per week on campus at the moment, you can get a job outside, but the job must relate with your major, and the hours you work in total from campus and outside job should be 20 hours.
Where did you get the info in bold? I believe this is not true except the laws have change which I doubt. As an international student you cant work off campus whether it relates to your course or not. You can only work off-campus if you apply for CPT (summer) which is after 1year of full study or if you file for economic hardship. At no point must you be found working off-campus if its not any of the cases above

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Positivity101: 4:18pm On Oct 01, 2018
If your school say its not needed, then its not needed. Don't bother yourself over nothing. I and so many other people got our study visas without writing any single test. If its a good school, then VO may not even ask you about it. If VO does, tell him/her that your school doesn't require that.
frandies:

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by dk2baba(m): 4:19pm On Oct 01, 2018
Hello guys my interview would b next month can I still write TOEFL before then and still get d result if yes pls how can I go about it fast
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 5:28pm On Oct 01, 2018
dk2baba:
Hello guys my interview would b next month can I still write TOEFL before then and still get d result if yes pls how can I go about it fast

In terms of getting your TOEFL result before your interview date, it's possible if you write the TOEFL exam right away. Typically, TOEFL results are available to view online approximately 10 days after your test date. The more important question, however, is whether you will be prepared enough to get a good score. Some folks study for the TOEFL exam for 2-3 weeks while others study for up to 6 months. It all depends on you; but it's possible to get your results before your interview date next month.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ezehrobinson(m): 6:51pm On Oct 01, 2018
Timotee:

In terms of getting your TOEFL result before your interview date, it's possible if you write the TOEFL exam right away. Typically, TOEFL results are available to view online approximately 10 days after your test date. The more important question, however, is whether you will be prepared enough to get a good score. Some folks study for the TOEFL exam for 2-3 weeks while others study for up to 6 months. It all depends on you; but it's possible to get your results before your interview date next month.

Hello, I beg to differ on duration of preparation. One week is good enough
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by dk2baba(m): 6:52pm On Oct 01, 2018
How much will it cost me to write TOEFL and d procedure kindly help a brother pls
Timotee:

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by aanexplus(m): 7:08pm On Oct 01, 2018
Northeastern:

Oga no need for this. The guy was not hatch na, all I could read from his post is he's trying to tell you not to consider it at all.

What I can read from your question is that you are looking for who would show you how to beat the system because the answer to your question is on the social security card.

If you think you stipend and the money you have would not be enough, look for ways to cut your expenses. Those with experience will always come off like Femi. When the say the immigration dynamics in the US is changing fast and unfavorable to non-citizens, it is not a joke. It is real. They are just tightening holes that are not even loopholes.

Please in case you are not aware, run away from whoever is offering to get you jobs under the table, they'll rope you tomorrow. This is no Nigeria, once you were stamped in, they are monitoring every of your moves. PLEASE STAY LEGAL, DON'T EVEN TAKE ANY BENEFIT.

Well said man. I see nothing wrong in what Femi said

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Sooredaniel(m): 8:31pm On Oct 01, 2018
MrMann1:

Great piece! Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by MrMann1(m): 8:45pm On Oct 01, 2018
femi312:
Where did you get the info in bold? I believe this is not true except the laws have change which I doubt. As an international student you cant work off campus whether it relates to your course or not. You can only work off-campus if you apply for CPT (summer) which is after 1year of full study or if you file for economic hardship. At no point must you be found working off-campus if its not any of the cases above
In my case, I got an offer on campus, but I couldn't start the job until the beginning of the next semester, so I got a job outside as a math tutor in an elementary school, my i20 classified the job as CPT despite the fact that semester was still ON. Maybe things have changed within 2017 and now.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LearnAndObey: 9:57pm On Oct 01, 2018
femi312:

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.