Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,550 members, 7,816,337 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:45 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (80) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (795675 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by 100kobo(m): 12:03pm On Oct 05, 2018
stastra:
I didn't get much advice from my last thread on the main page..

I've heard I was denied because I am 29 old that is single, with my father as my sponsor which is actually true..In fact all my details in the last form was very correct and true, but now [b]I am being told you'd rather lie to get the visa..[/b]Weird isnt it? Now I've been advice to apply as married, probably with a kid and change a few things in the form, since it's over two months from my last application....Can this help pls and does it have an consequences? Time is running out and I am yet to book an appointment..PLEASE HELP!!!

Consistency is key to interview success. Do not change vital details in a hurry. You may need to let us in on your general profile and your interview transcript for a postmortem and useful recommendations.
If you've come here to get approval for misrepresentation, I won't even support with my 100kobo.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Humble11: 12:55pm On Oct 05, 2018
100kobo:

Do you have problem with comprehension? I referred him strictly to part 13, you faulted it, only to corroborate that advice again. Don't be quick to condemn. Look before you leap.

Oh sorry, didn’t read well grin. No vex. Thought you said from part 1 to part 13

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Rytefish: 12:59pm On Oct 05, 2018
100kobo:

Do you have problem with comprehension? I referred him strictly to part 13, you faulted it, only to corroborate that advice again. Don't be quick to condemn. Look before you leap.

Something must be wrong somewhere, we used to correct one another with love, can we all please trace back our steps to what went wrong?

Let love lead please.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LagosismyHome(f): 1:10pm On Oct 05, 2018
uniquefurlife:
Hahahahaha funji house of commotion.

smiley cheesy grin...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by mrkhaynoni: 1:26pm On Oct 05, 2018
Whytelyon:

Good , i have a discipline in Computer sciences , apparently i am a Programmer / Solutions Architect with a Major Bank in Nigeria. I work as a vendor for them. I also have skills with Penetration Testing and using Kali and all that, and currently thinking of writing an Exam with CiSA probably CISSP

It appears you have a very good head on your shoulders bro. Goodluck
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by npmi(f): 1:47pm On Oct 05, 2018
Please I need universities that don't require GRE for their masters. Although I am writing GRE.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by JoyceMbatu: 2:16pm On Oct 05, 2018
Alliant University
npmi:
Please I need universities that don't require GRE for their masters. Although I am writing GRE.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by 100kobo(m): 2:46pm On Oct 05, 2018
Humble11:

Oh sorry, didn’t read well grin. No vex. Thought you said from part 1 to part 13

You're truly Humble. We only disagree to agree. You've earned my respect.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by yacha77: 2:55pm On Oct 05, 2018
The end goal is to fly. I want to know what kind of questions that will be ask. For instance, how many schools did you apply to and how many offered admission? This question might not be relevant because you get admitted for sure once you have the funds for training. So no point applying to many schools,just pick the best and apply. What is the approval rate and likely interviews mistake for flight skl m1 visa .
fairheart:
Ask your questions and let those with informed mind help you out. What exactly do you want to know? Admission is simple, if you know the rule. Getting visa for such program is not an exception; in fact, you have a chance because we all know we lack the techniques to train pilots (I assume this is the end goal) in Nigeria.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by npmi(f): 3:06pm On Oct 05, 2018
JoyceMbatu:
Alliant University
They don't offer my course, plz I need more schools
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Whytelyon(m): 3:14pm On Oct 05, 2018
mrkhaynoni:

It appears you have a very good head on your shoulders bro. Goodluck

Thing is , i have both Study visa I-20 and Visitor (Conference) just confused of which i should follow
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by kfrosh: 3:47pm On Oct 05, 2018
University of Michigan, Dearborn.
npmi:

They don't offer my course, plz I need more schools
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Emmyirab(m): 4:25pm On Oct 05, 2018
Good day everyone!
Can a tax return alone, be used as proof of availability of finance, in the embassy?

The sponsor is in the USA and he wants to send his tax return instead of a bank statement.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by GboyegaD(m): 4:44pm On Oct 05, 2018
bigwizzy001:
So F2 visa applicant will also have an I20? Will she apply differently to the same school as mine or will I tell the school to send 2 I20s?

Thanks

Just tell the international office she is accompanying you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by GboyegaD(m): 4:46pm On Oct 05, 2018
homirefacuny:
Hi everyone.
I would like to know if mentioning that I got a GTA offer that covers the full cost of tuition is a good idea when the VO asks the question.. Who is your sponsor?

NB. IT'S MY UNCLE THAT IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THAT AND I HAVE A SOA TO THAT EFFECT.

Please do and tell her that your uncle will support you with the cost of living. Do not leave that details please as it implies you are not a burden on the society and a great potential should you choose to stay back. You could get the international office to effect it on your I-20 and generate a new one for you asap.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by homirefacuny(m): 4:56pm On Oct 05, 2018
GboyegaD:

Please do and tell her that your uncle will support you with the cost of living. Do not leave that details please as it implies you are not a burden on the society and a great potential should you choose to stay back. You could get the international office to effect it on your I-20 and generate a new one for you asap.
Thank you for the insight. The GTA was well stated on the I20. I will state all as you said. Thanks again!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by npmi(f): 5:13pm On Oct 05, 2018
kfrosh:
University of Michigan, Dearborn.
Thanks, but most of their courses are offered online. I don't need an online /evening university.
Plz I need more schools that don't require GRE.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by GboyegaD(m): 5:32pm On Oct 05, 2018
Icongold2006:
good day my people... I have a sister in United States and she sent MBA link to me so I can apply for it...bur she called me today that I shouldn't go ahead with the application here in Nigeria ...she said she will help me to do it over there in United States where she is living... so I want to know those necessary documents I need to get here including my transcript.... please I need a quick response.

I guess she will need tell you as she progresses on the application.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by GboyegaD(m): 5:42pm On Oct 05, 2018
Sheq:
what is itching your body that makes you want to lie? have you been going to your village frequently these days? or do you think its sewing machine that the consulars use for processing.... Go ahead with your story line bro... we will be waiting for the good news!

enito lori oni fila

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by GboyegaD(m): 5:45pm On Oct 05, 2018
bigwizzy001:
So F2 visa applicant will also have an I20? Will she apply differently to the same school as mine or will I tell the school to send 2 I20s?

Thanks

Yes they do the last time I knew about it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by GboyegaD(m): 5:55pm On Oct 05, 2018
Stevester4620:

My field is Accounting. I won't mind having my Masters in that same field.
Probably if there are better lucrative courses abroad, then I may have a change of mind.
Thanks

The good side is you have a great grade and you can pursue graduate studies in your current field or related fields. The challenge might be the fact that there are not too many Accounting programs at graduate level the last time I checked. I would suggest you start with www.usnews.com to find what schools offer Accounting at graduate level and also, read through them to know their requirements and funding.

You can ask questions from time to time on here.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Predstan: 5:56pm On Oct 05, 2018
npmi:

Thanks, but most of their courses are offered online. I don't need an online /evening university.

University of Lagos, Taraba State University Stellenbosch University university of Capetown

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by GboyegaD(m): 5:58pm On Oct 05, 2018
stastra:
I didn't get much advice from my last thread on the main page..However I am trying again and hope nairaland can turn up for me this time on here and give me some credible advice this time.. This was my last post ;

Please I need your urgent advice concerning my travel plans for my masters in the USA..I was giving admission but denied a Visa at the embassy twice around June, July..However I deferred my admission to Spring 2019 and already got my i20 for about two weeks now..I don't want to do it wrong this time and in need of advice on how to go about reapplying for the Visa..Time is going by and the earlier I book an appointment, the better...Thank you all in advance.

I've heard I was denied because I am 29 old that is single, with my father as my sponsor which is actually true..In fact all my details in the last form was very correct and true, but now I am being told you'd rather lie to get the visa..Weird isnt it? Now I've been advice to apply as married, probably with a kid and change a few things in the form, since it's over two months from my last application....Can this help pls and does it have an consequences? Time is running out and I am yet to book an appointment..PLEASE HELP!!!

If you love yourself and you are not desperate to destroy your future for today's gain, do not lie. I know many around your age who got their visa for graduate studies and today, they are happy for it. Just be as calm as possible and be hopeful. If you are religious, commit your ways into the hands of the God you serve.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by GboyegaD(m): 6:02pm On Oct 05, 2018
Emmyirab:
Good day everyone!
Can a tax return alone, be used as proof of availability of finance, in the embassy?

The sponsor is in the USA and he wants to send his tax return instead of a bank statement.

Oga, if e no be bank account, it can never be bank account. W4 and 401k are not considered bank statements.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by GboyegaD(m): 6:04pm On Oct 05, 2018
npmi:

A better approach would be to search schools that offer your program at graduate level and read through their requirement. That way, you will be more than convinced about why you choose your school of choice and what funding options you could benefit from.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by homirefacuny(m): 6:45pm On Oct 05, 2018
Predstan:

University of Lagos, Taraba State University Stellenbosch University university of Capetown

Damn... You are so mean. Lol
Savage of the century grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ola9292(m): 7:15pm On Oct 05, 2018
GboyegaD:

If you love yourself and you are not desperate to destroy your future for today's gain, do not lie. I know many around your age who got their visa for graduate studies and today, they are happy for it. Just be as calm as possible and be hopeful. If you are religious, commit your ways into the hands of the God you serve.
hello, i was denied in may, the consular didnt give any reason in particular but from what people have been saying, i was advised to write gre and pick a ranked school and also change my sponsor from my uncle to my dad.i used my uncle because as at then my dad didnt have enough money in his account and this my so called uncle is maternal so we dont share the same surname. i am planning to write gre and go for sept2019 admission. what is your advice?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by npmi(f): 7:34pm On Oct 05, 2018
Predstan:

If you don't know what to say, shut up.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by mrkhaynoni: 7:42pm On Oct 05, 2018
Whytelyon:

Thing is , i have both Study visa I-20 and Visitor (Conference) just confused of which i should follow

Both of them essentially starts differently and usually ends differently, with the kind of intelligence you have please make the best decision for your future.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Sheq: 8:42pm On Oct 05, 2018
[quote author=bigwizzy001 post=71797784][/quote] its not me
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Gabbybanks: 9:46pm On Oct 05, 2018
Hello guys. I am so confused ryt now. I have gotten my admission letter with my i20 now I wan to proceed to visa application and sevis. At this point I don't know my left from my right.

My i20 has a sevis ID number those that mean I don't need to fool the sevis form but just pay.

How do I even make payments as online payment is not possible for Nigeria. What is the fastest way for payment.
As for visa. How do I apply and book a date

Please I need a blueprint of what I am to do. Please any person that has concrete answer sud explain.

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.