Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,610 members, 7,816,511 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:25 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (81) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (795722 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Spotlighte: 9:47pm On Oct 05, 2018
Baggiopreshy:
Please am 26 years of age I do t know if am too old to us a Bsc program to apply for a student visa to usa. Please I need to know my chances of getting the visa and have got little traveling history, Ghana cameroon and south africa. Please I really need advice please please
Why not go for your masters?
Don't you have a Bachelors already?

The VOs can be objective as well as subjective. To one, you may have a good reason for your decision, to another, you just want to migrate and never return.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Emusan(m): 9:57pm On Oct 05, 2018
Please house, is it advisable for someone in early 30 to apply to a COLLEGE in US?

If admission was given, hope there won't be any hindrance at embassy? Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Spotlighte: 9:58pm On Oct 05, 2018
4peace4:
Bros some first class are not typically an achievement especially those from private institutions. The real first class are those who graduated from a typical rigorus public institutions. A 2:1 and 2:2 holder from a public institution is better than a first class from all these private institutions in naija.
I'm refuting this. You guys should stop saying and thinking this please.

What do you mean by a real first class? You can't undermine somebody's efforts and time and grades and money in school because they attended private unis, please.

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Emmyirab(m): 10:07pm On Oct 05, 2018
GboyegaD:

Oga, if e no be bank account, it can never be bank account. W4 and 401k are not considered bank statements.
Noted, thanks!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Spotlighte: 10:09pm On Oct 05, 2018
femi312:
Fallacy! I never knew there is a real and fake 1st class. Dont make yourself feel good by down playing the achievement of others. What you wrote up there is BS.
Total BS.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Spotlighte: 10:31pm On Oct 05, 2018
Gabbybanks:
Hello guys. I am so confused ryt now. I have gotten my admission letter with my i20 now I wan to proceed to visa application and sevis. At this point I don't know my left from my right.

My i20 has a sevis ID number those that mean I don't need to fool the sevis form but just pay.

How do I even make payments as online payment is not possible for Nigeria. What is the fastest way for payment.
As for visa. How do I apply and book a date

Please I need a blueprint of what I am to do. Please any person that has concrete answer sud explain.

For the sevis fee, contact Walspring on this thread.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Gabbybanks: 11:50pm On Oct 05, 2018
Please oh I am still learning to Navigate this site. How do. I contact him. Is there a way to chat him. From here
Spotlighte:

For the sevis fee, contact Walspring on this thread.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Baggiopreshy: 11:56pm On Oct 05, 2018
Spotlighte:

Why not go for your masters?
Don't you have a Bachelors already?

The VOs can be objective as well as subjective. To one, you may have a good reason for your decision, to another, you just want to migrate and never return.
well i have a degree In accounting Education . My uncle told me told me to go for a pure accounting and he said it is left for me to make the VO see the reasons why am going for another degree in pure accounting and he said I should let the VO know that it my second degree as an undergraduate. He said my age26 would not be a barrier , that I should make my point clare. Point like: how I was forced to study account education in Nigeria institution , secondly how the present knowledge would help and guide me and makes me more prosperous as an accounting student. Please gurus what do you think.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by bigwizzy001(m): 12:43am On Oct 06, 2018
Is penetration testing not hacking?
If yes, is it ethical or unethical?
Can I pm you?

Whytelyon:

Good , i have a discipline in Computer sciences , apparently i am a Programmer / Solutions Architect with a Major Bank in Nigeria. I work as a vendor for them. I also have skills with Penetration Testing and using Kali and all that, and currently thinking of writing an Exam with CiSA probably CISSP
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by bigwizzy001(m): 12:50am On Oct 06, 2018
Thanks so much. Do I need to appear at the embassy with her or I can go first while she comes to join me some months later?

GboyegaD:

Yes they do the last time I knew about it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by bigwizzy001(m): 12:51am On Oct 06, 2018
Thanks so much. Do I need to appear at the embassy with her or I can go first while she comes to join me some months later? I mean my dependent...

GboyegaD:

Yes they do the last time I knew about it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by doublezero7(m): 2:47am On Oct 06, 2018
uniquefurlife:
uncle them don rest since na this ur post aint neccessary don't sound bias *peace*

Lol!

Have a nice day sir! smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by johnmattew: 7:03am On Oct 06, 2018
anyone studying at Auburn university?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Spotlighte: 7:05am On Oct 06, 2018
Gabbybanks:
Please oh I am still learning to Navigate this site. How do. I contact him. Is there a way to chat him. From here
Yes please.

-Type "Walspring" in the search box. His posts would pop up.
-Click on his name until you get to his profile.
-Send him a message.

If he sees your post about him before you go through this, he'll reply you on here.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Spotlighte: 7:08am On Oct 06, 2018
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Spotlighte: 7:14am On Oct 06, 2018
Baggiopreshy:
well i have a degree In accounting Education . My uncle told me told me to go for a pure accounting and he said it is left for me to make the VO see the reasons why am going for another degree in pure accounting and he said I should let the VO know that it my second degree as an undergraduate. He said my age26 would not be a barrier , that I should make my point clare. Point like: how I was forced to study account education in Nigeria institution , secondly how the present knowledge would help and guide me and makes me more prosperous as an accounting student. Please gurus what do you think.
Why's your uncle telling you what to do?
You, what do you want?

There is a whole load of information within your grasp today and you can even educate him on how things work now. Are you trying to say you can't tow a pure accounting line because of your accounting education degree?

If you are even really considering this, you would have to come up with better reasons why you are taking this path, and not something about being forced to study what you studied.

Nobody is saying you can't get a visa with this, but considering your age, it'd be wise if you just went through with your masters.

If you insist, then try. You might just be lucky.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 8:20am On Oct 06, 2018
Do people get visas without taking any of the standardized tests?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by kfrosh: 8:39am On Oct 06, 2018
Yes they do.

But remember that Mr A and Mr B don't have the same head.
kayvinci:
Do people get visas without taking any of the standardized tests?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Rytefish: 8:48am On Oct 06, 2018
Emusan:
Please house, is it advisable for someone in early 30 to apply to a COLLEGE in US?

Excuse me, it is not advisable, the VO will be very concerned about what you have been doing since you graduate from High school, in fact, when you say college, it could either mean Highschool or higher institution, either way, at age 30, don't waste your resources if it is not an MSc program.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by angelajuni(f): 9:08am On Oct 06, 2018
Rytefish:

Excuse me, it is not advisable, the VO will be very concerned about what you have been doing since you graduate from High school, in fact, when you say college, it could either mean Highschool or higher institution, either way, at age 30, don't waste your resources if it is not an MSc program.

That is not totally true. My friend applied for a college at 31 and got the visa. While it’s not the best, it’s achievable. Just prepare properly for the interview with right and consistent response and pray. It’s possibe to get a visa to study in college at 30+
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by lasthero: 9:30am On Oct 06, 2018
Baggiopreshy:

That information is wrong.

As science or social science education major, you can always go for masters in pure sciences or social science cos your degree is a double honor. "Bsc(Ed)"

And also, your propose Msc only cares about the majors you did in undergraduate level, they don't care about the education courses.

I did chemistry education as undergraduate and most of my friends are in USA, UK, and Canada running masters in pure chemistry (non education)

I have a lady also who did economics education from naija and she is running Msc accounting in USA presently.

The summary is this, with your accounting education, you can always do accounting major as masters, and I'm sure the V.O also knows cos they have seen several transitions like that in interviews. So, telling them you want to do pure accounting Bsc all over again because you were forced to do accounting education doesn't really sell.

They are same thing. One is single honor, the other is double honor

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by bayocanny: 9:44am On Oct 06, 2018
angelajuni:

That is not totally true. My friend applied for a college at 31 and got the visa. While it’s not the best, it’s achievable. Just prepare properly for the interview with right and consistent response and pray. It’s possibe to get a visa to study in college at 30+
Aunty drop your interview transcript na cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by lasthero: 9:45am On Oct 06, 2018
Emusan:

A college is an associate degree just like polytechnic if I'm right.

And at 30, the V.O would believe you should have finished a university degree because they have seen people of 21,22,23 coming for masters degree interview.

1.It will be hard to convince them that you haven't obtained first degree at 30.

2. It will be harder to convince the v.o that you aren't even applying to a proper university for bachelors at 30, instead, you are aiming a college (poly)

3. It will be the hardest thing to convince the v.o that you already have a degree and now want to go to college. Is like a university graduate going back to start ND1 in a poly.

If I will advice you.
1. You have a good chance applying for a bachelor's

2. You have a better chance applying for masters if you already have bachelor's

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 10:48am On Oct 06, 2018
lasthero:

A college is an associate degree just like polytechnic if I'm right.

And at 30, the V.O would believe you should have finished a university degree because they have seen people of 21,22,23 coming for masters degree interview.

1.It will be hard to convince them that you haven't obtained first degree at 30.

2. It will be harder to convince the v.o that you aren't even applying to a proper university for bachelors at 30, instead, you are aiming a college (poly)

3. It will be the hardest thing to convince the v.o that you already have a degree and now want to go to college. Is like a university graduate going back to start ND1 in a poly.

If I will advice you.
1. You have a good chance applying for a bachelor's

2. You have a better chance applying for masters if you already have bachelor's

In the United States, the word "school" describes any place where people learn. You can call a college a "school." You can even call a university a "school." You can use the word "school" for any English language institute, undergraduate or graduate program, or secondary ("high"wink school.

U.S. university or college follows after high school, or secondary school. A college in the U.S.A. is not a high school or secondary school. College and university programs begin in the thirteenth year of school, when a student is 17 or 18 years old or older. A two-year college offers an associate's degree, as well as certificates. A four-year college or university offers a bachelor's degree. Programs that offer these degrees are called "undergraduate" schools.

: A college can also run four-year program
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ndkings1(m): 11:35am On Oct 06, 2018
Good day all,
I have gone through the previous pages for about 2 days now but don't seem to get the answer to my questions.

I would like to do M.sc. I have 2.2 in animal and environmental biology otherwise known as zoology with GPA of 2.8 in the USA
But in need of vital information to make this dream a reality.
1. What are the required exams to write ;
Sat, TOEFL, GRE ?
2. How do one search for schools in the USA, website , scholarships?
3. How do I evaluate my NeCO result on WES platform?
4. Visa Application process
I would really appreciate it, if the gurus in the house can shed more light.
"A journey you don't adequately prepare for, you can't arrive at the assigned destination on time"
Best Regard
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Whytelyon(m): 11:37am On Oct 06, 2018
bigwizzy001:
Is penetration testing not hacking?
If yes, is it ethical or unethical?
Can I pm you?

Pentesting !=hacking.

Its either you are checking for flaws in a system, a network etc, and correcting them or notifying developers to correct the bugs in their application or those involve in network topology / architecture.

Hacking is illegal, breaking into systems without unauthorised privileges / or rather not having valid authority to do so.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Robert6708: 12:07pm On Oct 06, 2018
It’s kinda funny coz I just noticed most people that give advice about what’s going on in the US on this thread are those guys living somewhere in Lagos. Went to the profiles of lots of the ‘gurus’ here and it so happened that they’re still Somewhere in Naija. I thought to be able to advise, you should have a clear idea (from experience) about what you’re advising on... this is indeed a faceless forum. Bottom line, know who you take advice from. Some people have absolutely no idea what they’re talking about on here. And most times, what you’re looking for is something a google search will give u, and even more.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 12:21pm On Oct 06, 2018
Robert6708:
It’s kinda funny coz I just noticed most people that give advice about what’s going on in the US on this thread are those guys living somewhere in Lagos. Went to the profiles of lots of the ‘gurus’ here and it so happened that they’re still Somewhere in Naija. I thought to be able to advise, you should have a clear idea (from experience) about what you’re advising on... this is indeed a faceless forum. Bottom line, know who you take advice from. Some people have absolutely no idea what they’re talking about on here. And most times, what you’re looking for is something a google search will give u, and even more.
I believe most times some who are not yet in the US do more research than those who are in the US already cos' they might not have the enough time and the aspiration anymore i.e when aspiring you do more research i guess and tend to understand things better .for instance, I was gisting with a brother who had been in the U.S for the 3 yrs now he told me if you're not Age 17 one might not be admitted (is this true)?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Robert6708: 12:34pm On Oct 06, 2018
Godchangemylife:

I believe most times some who are not yet in the US do more research than those who are in the US already cos' they might not have the enough time and the aspiration anymore i.e when aspiring you do more research i guess and tend to understand things better .for instance, I was gisting with a brother who had been in the U.S for the 3 yrs now he told me if you're not Age 17 one might not be admitted (is this true)?

Well, that’s a way to look at it. I’m just amused by the audacity some guys use to pass across their message. No iota of humility, you’ll think they live next to White House and they were signatories to the US immigration laws. Anyways I don’t think there’s any age requirement as regards admissions into school, age might only come into play at the point of interview if the VO decides to factor in a sequence of the applicants growth curve. At the end of the day visa interview is highly subjective, so no hard and fast rule to it.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by telvinfantasy: 1:06pm On Oct 06, 2018
Good evening beautiful people. pls i want to ask if anyone as recieved Bsc admission letter yet from Westcliff University Irvine, california?
Thanks God will keep blessings you all
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by calculator123(m): 1:47pm On Oct 06, 2018
npmi:

If you don't know what to say, shut up.
This is very rude of you. It is nobody's job to search out schools for you. Do it yourself, and out of their on volition, they can decide to add more schools.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ndkings1(m): 3:12pm On Oct 06, 2018
Ndkings1:
Good day all,
I have gone through the previous pages for about 2 days now but don't seem to get the answer to my questions.

I would like to do M.sc. I have 2.2 in animal and environmental biology otherwise known as zoology with GPA of 2.8 in the USA
But in need of vital information to make this dream a reality.
1. What are the required exams to write ;
Sat, TOEFL, GRE ?
2. How do one search for schools in the USA, website , scholarships?
3. How do I evaluate my NeCO result on WES platform?
4. Visa Application process
I would really appreciate it, if the gurus in the house can shed more light.
"A journey you don't adequately prepare for, you can't arrive at the assigned destination on time"
Best Regard
It seems no one wants to answer me

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.