Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,616 members, 7,816,533 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:45 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (83) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (795726 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Gloryemo(f): 12:44pm On Oct 07, 2018
Hello house. Please who knows anyone at Bowie State University doing the doctorate program in computer science or who recently went to Bowie State University or got admitted there? I want to know about their notarize bank and sponsor documents thing. I'm confused.

Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Philadelphia: 12:50pm On Oct 07, 2018
Gloryemo:
Hello house. Please who knows anyone at Bowie State University doing the doctorate program in computer science or who recently went to Bowie State University or got admitted there? I want to know about their notarize bank and sponsor documents thing. I'm confused.

Thanks.
As far as I know, Bowie State University does not or let me say hardly give admission to Nigerians. Were you admitted there?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Philadelphia: 12:52pm On Oct 07, 2018
Good afternoon great minds,
Please is it safer to interview at Lagos consulate or will Abuja embassy be the preferred?
Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Gloryemo(f): 1:00pm On Oct 07, 2018
I'm talking of Bowie State University at Maryland. There are so many Nigerians in that school according to a friend but I lost the person contact so I need information from here.
How come you are saying they hardly admit Nigerians

Philadelphia:

As far as I know, Bowie State University does not or let me say hardly give admission to Nigerians. Were you admitted there?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Philadelphia: 1:02pm On Oct 07, 2018
Gloryemo:

I'm talking of Bowie State University at Maryland. There are so many Nigerians in that school according to a friend but I lost the person contact so I need information from here.
How come you are saying they hardly admit Nigerians

I'm talking about same Bowie State University, MD. Maybe it's because many Nigerians are there so they don't admit more there.
Were you admitted there?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Gloryemo(f): 1:08pm On Oct 07, 2018
My cousin was admitted and a friend resumed there in January.

Why will you conclude they don't admit more? Do you work there??

Philadelphia:

I'm talking about same Bowie State University, MD. Maybe it's because many Nigerians are there so they don't admit more there.
Were you admitted there?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Gloryemo(f): 1:20pm On Oct 07, 2018
Please I need information about how to l notarize bank documentation?? If a school asks for all documents to be notarized, how do I go about it pls??

Thanks

Gloryemo:

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Philadelphia: 1:28pm On Oct 07, 2018
Gloryemo:

6 persons I'm aware of applied and haven't heard from the school. About 2 of them are first class materials.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by hybeenoni: 2:03pm On Oct 07, 2018
hybeenoni:
Good everyone and I appreciate the way you respond to different questions asked here, I have a troubling issue on my mind and would appreciate your kind response.

Graduated since 2011 and since jobs was not forthcoming, had to resort to personal hustling to keep body and soul together.

Now issue is this, plan to go for a graduate program in US and already written the gre, though didn't hit my target score but the score is sufficient to get me admission and funding in US

Now I'm worried on how to answer the question ' what have you been doing since you graduate? '

Does replying that teaching mathematics is enough?
Will applying for and getting admission for a PhD Mathematics cover me in this regards or just MSc admission with funding be enough?

I'm really worried.
Thanks in anticipation
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Gloryemo(f): 2:17pm On Oct 07, 2018
Really? Did they try calling the school to ask about their application? And hope they sent Wes evaluated transcript

ote author=Philadelphia post=71865266]

6 persons I'm aware of applied and haven't heard from the school. About 2 of them are first class materials. [/quote]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Rytefish: 3:06pm On Oct 07, 2018
hybeenoni:
Good everyone and I appreciate the way you respond to different questions asked here, I have a troubling issue on my mind and would appreciate your kind response.

Graduated since 2011 and since jobs was not forthcoming, had to resort to personal hustling to keep body and soul together.

Now issue is this, plan to go for a graduate program in US and already written the gre, though didn't hit my target score but the score is sufficient to get me admission and funding in US

Now I'm worried on how to answer the question ' what have you been doing since you graduate? '

Will applying for and getting admission for a PhD Mathematics cover me in this regards or just MSc admission with funding be enough?

I'm really worried.
Thanks in anticipation
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Frankaka8(m): 3:29pm On Oct 07, 2018
Philadelphia:
Good afternoon great minds,
Please is it safer to interview at Lagos consulate or will Abuja embassy be the preferred?
Thanks.
both are kool.... tho i prefer abj
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 4:38pm On Oct 07, 2018
Rytefish:

Brother, please, do yourself a favor, delete this post, then, go and focus on how people respond to the question, 'What have you been doing after graduation?'
Because no one here can tell about your activities so far after graduation from university.

Ambassador Aina

That isn't the way to respond to people. He's looking for guidance and not someone to write him off. We should be courteous and nice when responding to people. I believe his question is valid enough.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 4:52pm On Oct 07, 2018
hybeenoni:

I'm really worried.
Thanks in anticipation

I don't think that should be a problem. I'm not exactly sure who you anticipate asking the question. Is it the programme that you're applying to or the visa officer? If it's the programme, you can package your portfolio that you have been an instructor in xyz school where you taught mathematics to students at various levels and the experience has informed your decision to further improve your knowledge of the field. Hence, you're applying to a masters programme. If it's a PhD programme, you'll have to go further to explain the specific areas in the field of mathematics that you're interested in, as a PhD programme is geared towards research. You can also use your final year project as an unpublished research paper. If it's the visa officer that you anticipate asking the question, I believe the same answer will suffice. Hope this helps.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Sheq: 5:56pm On Oct 07, 2018
dwilliams707:
Please I need advise on this,I studied architecture,is it possible I get accepted for Msc in these courses, environmental science,engineering management,environmental engineering,engineering technology..please house..need your advise on this.
you should search for schools that offer those courses...and directly ask them this question ...if the prerequisites arent stated on their portal....

you may not find your answer here cos many people might not be familiar with this courses.....

me sef i havent seen this... engineering tech environmental engineering.... doesnt it have to do with pollution and cleaning ni..... i only know bio medical engineering sha grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by hybeenoni: 6:08pm On Oct 07, 2018
@ Timotee thanks so much for your kind response, I will surely go with your advice.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Rytefish: 7:26pm On Oct 07, 2018
hybeenoni:
@ Timotee thanks so much for your kind response, I will surely go with your advice.

I am very sorry if you feel offended, I take responsibility for my shortcoming. I hope you will make the best use of Timotee's response.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Rytefish: 7:29pm On Oct 07, 2018
Timotee:

That isn't the way to respond to people. He's looking for guidance and not someone to write him off. We should be courteous and nice when responding to people. I believe his question is valid enough.

Apologies please.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Baggiopreshy: 9:07pm On Oct 07, 2018
lasthero:
Fujii

He should first evaluate his 2.5 to 4.0 us scale using wes free evaluator.

From the final outcome, he can now research for schools that accept that grade.

The probability of getting unconditional admission is slim .
UNCONDITIONAL? If an admittion is given to you , limited with conditions what and what is espected of you not to do? Gurus update abeg
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Olayinkaji(m): 9:23pm On Oct 07, 2018
House, please a quick question. How do I renew a US visa. My parents used an agent the last time they travelled, and now I want to renew it for them personally(agent messed up), but its like u have to login with email and password to print out files. We don't have the emails used in registering then. Or maybe I am the one confused, can someone teach me how to renew. Thanks. @Lagosismyhome
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by lasthero: 9:26pm On Oct 07, 2018
Baggiopreshy:
UNCONDITIONAL? If an admittion is given to you , limited with conditions what and what is espected of you not to do? Gurus update abeg

conditional admission restricts you to a certain number of credits, for example, maximum of 6 credits per semester, it also place you on probation to pass with nothing less than 3.0 gpa at the end of the session with no grades less than C. you will lose your admission and status if you fail to pass the probation condition
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Gabbybanks: 10:41pm On Oct 07, 2018
Guys I have a serious concern. During application I applied with my auntys financial statements it had exactly the required amount and was at of June 2018.i have been admitted and I intend scheduling for visa interview any time from now.

My challenge is this. The bank statement that is used during interviews, is it a new statement or the same one that I submitted to the school?
I hope it's the old one the school took because my aunt is no longer in the country and the money is no longer on that account. I only have a copy of the one submitted to that school dated June 2018.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by OgbeniOptional(m): 11:15pm On Oct 07, 2018
Good evening, my sponsor has little above my first year tuition and living expenses in her account, for example my tuition and living expenses for a year is approximately 15m, can I go to the embassy with a statement account of 18m? In fact we wanted to change the 15m to usd and put it in my personal dorm account and go with my dorm acct and her statement but there would be like 3m+ in her account.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by lawali: 2:34am On Oct 08, 2018
Morning all. First and foremost, I appreciate all efforts and guidance of many gurus in this thread. I have followed this particular part 14 from beginning till this point and it has helped me to take certain decisions like identifying about 6 universities to study, WES evaluation and registering for GRE. I am 40+yrs graduate of Public Administration (ND) and Mass Communication (Bsc). I plan to go for Master in Healthcare Administration in Fall 2019. Kindly advise/guide me on these 3 things:

1. I have a one-letter spelling difference in one of the names that I used for ND against that of Bsc. I actually have an affidavit for change of name after marriage but it doesn't cover the name on my ND statement of result because of that error.
2. I finished my BSc since 2011/12 with no formal work experience. I practically took care of my family and do business after the programme. Will not having formal work experience count against me in getting admission/visa?
3. On SOA, must the balance in account cover the 1st year cost of attendance (tuition, accommodation, etc) or the VO is only going to check if the inflow and outflow (potential) from account can cater for cost of programme? Can I augment SOA with foreign share information of sponsor that can easily be converted to cash? Thanks as I anticipate your feedbacks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ubah1(m): 7:22am On Oct 08, 2018
Gabbybanks:
Guys I have a serious concern. During application I applied with my auntys financial statements it had exactly the required amount and was at of June 2018.i have been admitted and I intend scheduling for visa interview any time from now.

My challenge is this. The bank statement that is used during interviews, is it a new statement or the same one that I submitted to the school?
I hope it's the old one the school took because my aunt is no longer in the country and the money is no longer on that account. I only have a copy of the one submitted to that school dated June 2018.

You will need a new statement of account. June 2018 is almost four months from today and the v.o will like to know what happened within those period
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ubah1(m): 7:28am On Oct 08, 2018
Olayinkaji:
House, please a quick question. How do I renew a US visa. My parents used an agent the last time they travelled, and now I want to renew it for them personally(agent messed up), but its like u have to login with email and password to print out files. We don't have the emails used in registering then. Or maybe I am the one confused, can someone teach me how to renew. Thanks. @Lagosismyhome

You can create a new account with your current mail. while linking your passport number, it will show you have an account with them before, follow the instructions there by narrating your issue through the feedback button. They will move your old details to the new one after verifying the information you gave them.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Ubah1(m): 7:29am On Oct 08, 2018
OgbeniOptional:
Good evening, my sponsor has little above my first year tuition and living expenses in her account, for example my tuition and living expenses for a year is approximately 15m, can I go to the embassy with a statement account of 18m? In fact we wanted to change the 15m to usd and put it in my personal dorm account and go with my dorm acct and her statement but there would be like 3m+ in her account.

Yes you can go with that. No need changing it to usd
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Humble11: 7:50am On Oct 08, 2018
lawali:
Morning all. First and foremost, I appreciate all efforts and guidance of many gurus in this thread. I have followed this particular part 14 from beginning till this point and it has helped me to take certain decisions like identifying about 6 universities to study, WES evaluation and registering for GRE. I am 40+yrs graduate of Public Administration (ND) and Mass Communication (Bsc). I plan to go for Master in Healthcare Administration in Fall 2019. Kindly advise/guide me on these 3 things:

1. I have a one-letter spelling difference in one of the names that I used for ND against that of Bsc. I actually have an affidavit for change of name after marriage but it doesn't cover the name on my ND statement of result because of that error.
2. I finished my BSc since 2011/12 with no formal work experience. I practically took care of my family and do business after the programme. Will not having formal work experience count against me in getting admission/visa?
3. On SOA, must the balance in account cover the 1st year cost of attendance (tuition, accommodation, etc) or the VO is only going to check if the inflow and outflow (potential) from account can cater for cost of programme? Can I augment SOA with foreign share information of sponsor that can easily be converted to cash? Thanks as I anticipate your feedbacks.

40+++, no work experience and going for masters undecided

1. Your bsc is enough, you don’t need your nd result for anything again. So the error shouldn’t bother you since the name on your bsc is okay

2. Yes it can. You need to package your application well if not, hmmmmm undecided

3. Yes the balance must cover your whole tuition fees and living expenses for 1st year. Not just the inflow and outflow. Don’t know about foreign shares but someone has used it here to supplement his SOA and still got his visa.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by OgbeniOptional(m): 8:06am On Oct 08, 2018
Ubah1:

Yes you can go with that. No need changing it to usd
. Thank you so much for.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by angelajuni(f): 9:12am On Oct 08, 2018
Gloryemo:

Thanks.

They give admissions to Nigerians. You can check on linkedin, you will find some Nigerians there, connect with them and ask your questions.
I got in touch with some Nigerian students there through linkedin at some point when I was considering Bowie State.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by angelajuni(f): 9:14am On Oct 08, 2018
Philadelphia:

Were you admitted there?

Dude common! Stop saying stuff that you cannot verify. Its not cool

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Olayinkaji(m): 9:45am On Oct 08, 2018
Ubah1:

You can create a new account with your current mail. while linking your passport number, it will show you have an account with them before, follow the instructions there by narrating your issue through the feedback button. They will move your old details to the new one after verifying the information you gave them.
Alright thank you very much. Would do just that

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.