Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,619 members, 7,816,542 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:55 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (97) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (795728 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 9:13am On Oct 18, 2018
Ubah1:

Seeing Oct 19th for lagos
I don taya o. I don't understand why I'm seeing December 31

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 9:32am On Oct 18, 2018
Humble11:

It’s true. Login and check
you posted this
""Even if you have been refused within the last 2 months, emergency option still works for F1 visa anytime but might not work for B1/B2 visa if it’s less than 6months of refusal"" how does this work my bro. I was denied in July and I can't see emergency option on my dashboard again and the nearest date appearing on my dashboard is December 31. Are you sure F1 people who have been denied can make use of this because what I read today on their site (USTRAVELDOCS) is that you are ineligible if you have been denied in the last 6 months
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by 100kobo(m): 9:33am On Oct 18, 2018
Oegbeyem1:
yes I meant expedited. I'm still seeing December 31 as the earliest date when I login, on the CGI home page. I don't know why. But with my denial history, am I eligible for an expedited appointment? I have only applied for visa (F1) once (in July) and was denied and I have never used an expedited appointment.
Book as Regular since you interviewed in July. You will be able to see the October date. But if you book as "Previously interviewed", December 31 is the earliest date. You're eligible to book as Regular.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 9:48am On Oct 18, 2018
100kobo:

Book as Regular since you interviewed in July. You will be able to see the October date. But if you book as "Previously interviewed", December 31 is the earliest date. You're eligible to book as Regular.
I mean no offense, how am I eligible to book as regular when I was interviewed in July and denied. Because it is written there that misrepresentation can lead to a visa denial during the interview. Again I mean no offense, I just want to know what I don't know.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Philadelphia: 9:49am On Oct 18, 2018
Oegbeyem1:
Good evening everyone, I was denied f1 visa in July. Now I want to go another school and reapply for visa for spring 2019 but the visa interview dates I'm seeing are very late. Can I make use of expited appointment considering I was denied in July?

I'm sure your last denial was in July 29th or 30th right?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 9:50am On Oct 18, 2018
Philadelphia:

July 23rd
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Philadelphia: 9:50am On Oct 18, 2018
tunji5558:
Hello Everyone, I need a clarification on this. I was denied F1 on August 8 and defrred my admission till Spring, i want to apply again now, can I use the old DS-1600 or complete another one?

You better apply early. The earliest date for you is January 6th and you're resuming in January 13th or so ( if you defer).
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Philadelphia: 9:51am On Oct 18, 2018
Oegbeyem1:
Good evening everyone, I was denied f1 visa in July. Now I want to go another school and reapply for visa for spring 2019 but the visa interview dates I'm seeing are very late. Can I make use of expited appointment considering I was denied in July?

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 9:54am On Oct 18, 2018
Philadelphia:

July 23rd
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by 100kobo(m): 10:07am On Oct 18, 2018
Oegbeyem1:
I mean no offense, how am I eligible to book as regular when I was interviewed in July and denied. Because it is written there that misrepresentation can lead to a visa denial during the interview. Again I mean no offense, I just want to know what I don't know.
You are eligible because it is now more than 2 months since you were interviewed. You have no business booking as Previously Interviewed. Book straight as Regular.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 10:14am On Oct 18, 2018
100kobo:

You are eligible because it is now more than 2 months since you were interviewed. You have no business booking as Previously Interviewed. Book straight as Regular.
I just saw it now myself on the site. Thanks a lot.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Flaame(m): 11:25am On Oct 18, 2018
tunji5558:
Hello Everyone, I need a clarification on this. I was denied F1 on August 8 and defrred my admission till Spring, i want to apply again now, can I use the old DS-1600 or complete another one?
new one
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by MyAmericandream(f): 11:51am On Oct 18, 2018
Philadelphia:

From the bolded, it's obvious that you went through an agent. Surely, your bank statement was an oluyole statement.
which one be oluyole own again? grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by bujebudanu1(m): 11:58am On Oct 18, 2018
MyAmericandream:

Oluwole express grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 12:02pm On Oct 18, 2018
MyAmericandream:
oluyole estate for Ibadan grin

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Gifty28(f): 12:22pm On Oct 18, 2018
use WES.org to convert your Gpa to 4.0, i think it should be more than 3.0/4.

Ragnnar:

Thanks. You got me by the way you called the name. The man's (Ragnnar) character in that movie inspires me. Guess my search for new lands starts now.
Most schools there GP requirement is 2.5 gp on a 4 scale grading while here in Nigeria GP is been calculated on a 5 Scale grading. I don't even know how to convert from 5 scale to 4 scale.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by tunji5558: 12:36pm On Oct 18, 2018
thank you
Ubah1:

You need a new ds 160 confirmation number. You can't use the old one that has been refused on their system again
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Mayorsmart005(m): 1:38pm On Oct 18, 2018
Good day guys. Please do you think Dec 6, would be appropriate for GRE retake? By my calculation, the official score would be ready by 15th December (10 days after the test). And this same 15th is the deadline of some of the schools I want to apply to.

Do you think it's advisable to consider 6th December for a retake?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by BarristerAlarig: 2:00pm On Oct 18, 2018
Blesso222:
House please I need help. I don Google tire. Have contacted so many schools to no avail.I have HND in business administration(upper credit) and wish to apply for pre-masters program, as few schools I've sent transcript to feel my GPA is not equivalent to USA decree.
Please I need names of schools that offer pre-masters program. Though I still dey Google but any help or information will highly be appreciated. Thanks.
People have been suggesting I go through an agent since I've tried my best, but I don't want any problem in future that's why I'm seeking for help here.

No school in the US will admit you into an M.sc with an HND except you evaluate your transcript with WES. If you evaluate your transcript, it will be evaluated as the equivalent of a US bachelor's degree. You can then apply for M.sc admission.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by haywhizzy21(m): 2:07pm On Oct 18, 2018
Hello aus, does anyone have access to " turn it in "plagiarism App please? Help a brother...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by AyLuxury(m): 2:39pm On Oct 18, 2018
Hello guys. I'm trying to create an account with WES to have them evaluate my transcript. I got to a part asking for my mailing address. Do they mean the school address in US or my address here? This is my first time. Thanks.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by homirefacuny(m): 3:01pm On Oct 18, 2018
AyLuxury:
Hello guys. I'm trying to create an account with WES to have them evaluate my transcript. I got to a part asking for my mailing address. Do they mean the school address in US or my address here? This is my first time. Thanks.
Your own address here in Nigeria
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nerdychukz: 3:19pm On Oct 18, 2018
i also want to apply for university of new haven fall 2019..can I email you?
Macaulay10:
I think funding opportunities are hard for spring aspirants.
I am also processing my admission to New Haven for fall 2019, I was asked during the process if I will like to be considered for both provost assistantship and Dean scholarships which I ticked yes....... So I don't know if that was the case for you spring applicants.

There was a lady on this thread whose admission package came with Automatic Dean scholarship for Fall 2018, but she secured RA position later sha with 2.7 Gpa and GRE 295.

And again the Fundings are for early bird, I think the 1st priority deadline for the fundings are December/January and 2nd priority is March. The school is nice sha, they waived $50 application fee for me.
This to encourage others to apply sha
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by AyLuxury(m): 3:56pm On Oct 18, 2018
homirefacuny:

Your own address here in Nigeria
Thanks. Also, I have a sealed copy of my transcript which I requested from my uni. I want to know if I'm allowed to mail it to WES myself or reqeust the school to send another transcript to them.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by homirefacuny(m): 4:13pm On Oct 18, 2018
AyLuxury:

Thanks. Also, I have a sealed copy of my transcript which I requested from my uni. I want to know if I'm allowed to mail it to WES myself or reqeust the school to send another transcript to them.
Must be sent directly by your school. No exemptions. Then with a copy of your certificate.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by uniquefurlife: 4:32pm On Oct 18, 2018
homirefacuny:

Must be sent directly by your school. No exemptions. Then with a copy of your certificate.
This is not true since it's sealed he's good to go all he need do is to submit his naija school's address as the sender to the courier.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by uniquefurlife: 4:40pm On Oct 18, 2018
AyLuxury:

You having a sealed transcript comes with a condition. The cover letter inside your transcript must have been addressed to wes, You must submit your school's details to which ever courier service you chose as the sender of the transcript and you must submit the number of the contact person in charge of transcript from your school. The advantage of all this is that it makes your evaluation process faster. Some schools takes forever to send your transcript to wes or which ever evaluation body u chose.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by homirefacuny(m): 4:44pm On Oct 18, 2018
uniquefurlife:
This is not true since it's sealed he's good to go all he need do is to submit his naija school's address as the sender to the courier.
This is another twist to it tho. I hope you don't have a ish during the verification process by WES. If you have the time, let your school send it directly.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by uniquefurlife: 4:47pm On Oct 18, 2018
homirefacuny:

This is another twist to it tho. I hope you don't have a ish during the verification process by WES. If you have the time, let your school send it directly.
My friend n i did ours same way since our schools could delay for Africa we didn't encounter any issue.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by homirefacuny(m): 5:06pm On Oct 18, 2018
uniquefurlife:
My friend n i did ours same way since our schools could delay for Africa we didn't encounter any issue.

Good then!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by titoakala: 5:19pm On Oct 18, 2018
hi good people, pls i want to ask if Ds160 expires after a year.. thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Macaulay10(m): 5:30pm On Oct 18, 2018
Nerdychukz:
i also want to apply for university of new haven fall 2019..can I email you?
Go ahead

(1) (2) (3) ... (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.