Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,532 members, 7,816,300 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:06 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (98) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (795664 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by tactmayor: 6:11pm On Oct 18, 2018
GboyegaD:

For graduate studies in Sciences, the standardized examination required is GRE. For funding purpose, most schools will require a Language test score.
A good way to search for programs might be to start with www.usnews.com. Another good site to follow up to know when schools start making admission decision and sometimes to judge how competitive you may be for your program of choice is to use www.thegradecafe.com and navigate to your program of choice.
Evaluating your credentials depends on what school(s) you are applying to. Not every school requires this since some of them have in house evaluators that does evaluation on international credentials.
Lastly, on visa application process, you might want to follow this thread and learn what the next step is and how to prepare for interviews.
Above all, I wish you the best in your academic pursuit.

I guess many might have skipped it unintentionally.

Are you saying that if I apply to a University that does not require Nigerians to submit language scores, then I wont be offered funding?. I dont think that is true!!!

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by AyLuxury(m): 6:26pm On Oct 18, 2018
uniquefurlife:
You having a sealed transcript comes with a condition. The cover letter inside your transcript must have been addressed to wes, You must submit your school's details to which ever courier service you chose as the sender of the transcript and you must submit the number of the contact person in charge of transcript from your school. The advantage of all this is that it makes your evaluation process faster. Some schools takes forever to send your transcript to wes or which ever evaluation body u chose.
The transcipt wasn't addressed to WES. It was mailed to a relation's establishment and I picked it up there. How then do I go about this?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Superbrain(m): 6:30pm On Oct 18, 2018
tactmayor:

Are you saying that if I apply to a University that does not require Nigerians to submit language scores, then I wont be offered funding?. I dont think that is true!!!

You must have misread him- he said "most schools will require..." not "all schools" and I can attest to that. There would be a few exceptions.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by uniquefurlife: 6:30pm On Oct 18, 2018
AyLuxury:

The transcipt wasn't addressed to WES. It was mailed to a relation's establishment and I picked it up there. How then do I go about this?
You have to get another transcript from your school then. If your school would accept giving it to you by hand make sure you follow the procedure i mentioned earlier else request your school to send it directly to wes.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Gewezzy1(f): 6:47pm On Oct 18, 2018
How long will it take for them to send my I20 na tired of waiting
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by GboyegaD(m): 8:05pm On Oct 18, 2018
tactmayor:

The conditional word there is most would not offer you funding without language test scores.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Freeman59: 10:05pm On Oct 18, 2018
Guys I need your help. How do you fill the information below on your ds-160. Or do I just fill in the address of my school? Cuz I don't even know where I'll stay til I get there

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LadyCaty(f): 10:11pm On Oct 18, 2018
Freeman59:
Guys I need your help. How do you fill the information below on your ds-160. Or do I just fill in the address of my school? Cuz I don't even know where I'll stay til I get there

Yes fill the school address
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by krett(m): 10:44pm On Oct 18, 2018
[quote author=krett post=72182020]Please I'm looking for school in the US to do my Master's but based on scholarship or when I get there I will work and pay

Any one with idea should help me out

Please guys help me out with this and also put me through on the whole process

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by thirdpage: 10:48pm On Oct 18, 2018
BarristerAlarig:

No school in the US will admit you into an M.sc with an HND except you evaluate your transcript with WES. If you evaluate your transcript, it will be evaluated as the equivalent of a US bachelor's degree. You can then apply for M.sc admission.

Why sounding so sure about this? Do you know all the schools in US? Anyway, there are schools that evaluates transcripts in-house and yes they give admissions to HND into their masters program without WES. However its advisable to always have the WES evaluation.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Flaame(m): 11:07pm On Oct 18, 2018
Freeman59:
put school address,and pls if u do not know where to stay,go to the sch to avoid deportation
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by abimbolar: 2:50am On Oct 19, 2018
thirdpage:

Why sounding so sure about this? Do you know all the schools in US? Anyway, there are schools that evaluates transcripts in-house and yes they give admissions to HND into their masters program without WES. However its advisable to always have the WES evaluation.

Examples of such schools please?!?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by 100kobo(m): 6:16am On Oct 19, 2018
thirdpage:

I can't agree any less with the bolded part.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Adhheir: 6:59am On Oct 19, 2018
I need thoughts on how long admission decisions take, I applied to msu since August, no decision made yet, anyone in my shoes?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Philadelphia: 7:28am On Oct 19, 2018
Adhheir:
I need thoughts on how long admission decisions take, I applied to msu since August, no decision made yet, anyone in my shoes?

MSU as in Moriri State University or what? grin
How do you expect us to decode what MSU is?
And check whether you exceeded the application deadline for international students.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by omofola93: 8:27am On Oct 19, 2018
Hello everyone, I'm trying to get my transcript evaluated towards application for fall 2019, but this waec Wahala that Wes just started is complicating stuffs as I would have to travel down to Lagos for it, Now my prospective school accepts ECE, and I would like to know how good and fast their services are or make I just chill and do Wes jeje.. Application for my program ends by December 15 too.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by homirefacuny(m): 9:50am On Oct 19, 2018
Hi everyone.
I had my interview for the fall semester semester this morning in Abuja. I was delayed.. Here goes the transcript. I was interviewed by one black woman in window 11. The other two people before me were denied too.

VO...... Good morning
Me..... Good morning ma'am

VO.... You are going to the the USA to do what?
Me.... To pursue my MSc degree in Computer science and quantitative methods with a concentration in Information assurance and security

VO.... Since when have you been processing this?
Me... April.

VO.... You didn't state why you are here in April? I can see you were going for a graduation ceremony
Me.... Yes it was my cousins graduation in Texas... I had some time off work and I wanted to use that opportunity to see a couple of schools over there before making my decision on which schools to go for.

VO... Where do you work?
Me...I have a contract job with NNPC Ibadan depot and I do so so so and so

VO.... How long you been working there?
Me.... Stated it

VO... You married?
Me... Yes

VO... Any kids?
Me.... No

VO... Sorry we can't bla bla bla.

My GTA was not even considered embarassed
The entire room became cloudy to me�

I have been trying to see if I can get an expedited appointment but I cant find it on my page. What's going on pls??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Deyemzy(m): 9:55am On Oct 19, 2018
Libber:

Your uncle need beating, he has truncated your USA dream with a 10years ban

Libber please check your DM.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by 100kobo(m): 10:44am On Oct 19, 2018
homirefacuny:
Hi everyone.
I had my interview for the fall semester semester this morning in Abuja. I was delayed.. Here goes the transcript. I was interviewed by one black woman in window 11. The other two people before me were denied too.

VO...... Good morning

Me.... To pursue my MSc degree in Computer science and quantitative methods with a concentration in Information assurance and security

Me... April.

VO.... You didn't state why you are here in April? I can see you were going for a graduation ceremony
Me.... Yes it was my cousins graduation in Texas... I had some time off work and I wanted to use that opportunity to see a couple of schools over there before making my decision on which schools to go for.

VO... Where do you work?
How about putting it simply that you have a job with NNPC. This fact is non controvertible and would have indicated a stronger economic tie, rather than mentioning "contract job". Sometimes people give out too much information that only serve to hurt their chances. You were easily denied for lacking home ties.

Me.... Stated it

VO... You married?
Me... Yes

VO... Any kids?
Me.... No

I have been trying to see if I can get an expedited appointment but I cant find it on my page. What's going on pls??
Nothing is going on. You will need to schedule an appointment before applying for an expedited process. Do not let the experience of the past deter you. Visa decisions are largely made on the merits of your current application only if you've not given yourself away in your past outing(s).

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 11:05am On Oct 19, 2018
homirefacuny:
Hi everyone.

VO...... Good morning

Me... April.

VO... Where do you work?

Me.... Stated it

VO... You married?
Me... Yes

VO... Any kids?
Me.... No

Is your GTA half or full?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by homirefacuny(m): 11:16am On Oct 19, 2018
Oegbeyem1:
Is your GTA half or full?

100%
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 11:19am On Oct 19, 2018
homirefacuny:

100%
how come you are just going for interview for fall resumption. We are in october
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by homirefacuny(m): 11:20am On Oct 19, 2018
[quote author=100kobo post=72223328][/quote]
Are you saying I have to pay another visa fee?? It's well. I really frustrated
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by homirefacuny(m): 11:21am On Oct 19, 2018
Oegbeyem1:
how come you are just going for interview for fall resumption. We are in october
It's fall II semester for Austin Peay State university.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by homirefacuny(m): 11:26am On Oct 19, 2018
[quote author=100kobo post=72223328][/quote]

I really spoke the truth as it is o. I don't know I will be nailed for it. Can I get an early date as 22 if I pay another visa fee now. Mhen it's so frustrating to be denied o lol
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Munix(m): 11:45am On Oct 19, 2018
I concur to this point. God help us all
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by 100kobo(m): 11:50am On Oct 19, 2018
homirefacuny:

Are you saying I have to pay another visa fee?? It's well. I really frustrated
Do not despair. Many have endured even more frustrating experiences. Take it as a crucible and tonic for greater triumph. And yes, you'll pay another visa fee.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by 100kobo(m): 11:51am On Oct 19, 2018
homirefacuny:

I really spoke the truth as it is o. I don't know I will be nailed for it. Can I get an early date as 22 if I pay another visa fee now. Mhen it's so frustrating to be denied o lol
You must say the truth at all times. Discretion is the better part of valour.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by BarristerAlarig: 11:52am On Oct 19, 2018
thirdpage:

We learn everyday. Kindly give me a name of any US school that admits HND holders into an academic Masters program.

Mind you, don't advice anyone to use those in-house evalutors in America schools. They would NEVER evaluate an HND as the US bachelor's degree equivalent.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by BarristerAlarig: 11:58am On Oct 19, 2018
Superbrain:

You must have misread him- he said "most schools will require..." not "all schools" and I can attest to that. There would be a few exceptions.

I doubt if there are exceptions.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 11:59am On Oct 19, 2018
homirefacuny:

apply again, pick any date you see first, then you may see emergency appointment option, then you can use it to apply for expedited appointment
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Nobody: 12:06pm On Oct 19, 2018
homirefacuny:

when is your resumption date on your i20? Did you go for the visa interview with any bank statement? And what happened in April when you went for visitor visa interview?

You have to apply again because your denial is ununderstable

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) ... (536)

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.