Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,165 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:15 AM

How Much Should I Expect To Pay For My Repair? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Much Should I Expect To Pay For My Repair? (49059 Views)

How Much Should I Expect To Pay To Replace An Alternator On 2012 Toyota Avensis / Dad Forced To Pay ₦3.6m After 3-Year Old Daughter Scratched 10 Brand New Audis / I Want To Buy A Small Bus From Ladipo What Documents Do I Expect? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Should I Expect To Pay For My Repair? by radautoworks: 5:00pm On Aug 26, 2018
ProKracker:
I mean to buy a new gear or do a repair to the I have there. Now my question is how much is a new gear or how much would it cost to repair the faulty one? The gear is not moving at all

A rack and pinion with 1 year warranty from Carquest is N124,100 so don't pay more than that. I'm sure you could find cheaper. We already gave you cost for labor so Max you should pay for the whole replacement is N139,100 parts and labor.

http://weblink.carquest.com/acl/?mfgName=RPR&partNumber=26-1615

We do not recommend repairing them so we can't give you a guide on that.

1 Like

Re: How Much Should I Expect To Pay For My Repair? by thebigkendo(m): 9:54pm On Aug 26, 2018
radautoworks:

A rack and pinion with 1 year warranty from Carquest is N124,100 so don't pay more than that. I'm sure you could find cheaper. We already gave you cost for labor so Max you should pay for the whole replacement is N139,100 parts and labor.

http://weblink.carquest.com/acl/?mfgName=RPR&partNumber=26-1615

We do not recommend repairing them so we can't give you a guide on that.

Lol "gear" means transmission grin grin
He is asking for transmission replacement on his 2000 Toyota sienna
Re: How Much Should I Expect To Pay For My Repair? by radautoworks: 12:12am On Aug 27, 2018
thebigkendo:

Lol "gear" means transmission grin grin
He is asking for transmission replacement on his 2000 Toyota sienna

Oh! I thought he meant steering gear! Make I add this entry to Naija-america translator!

1 Like

Re: How Much Should I Expect To Pay For My Repair? by radautoworks: 12:36am On Aug 27, 2018
ProKracker:
I mean to buy a new gear or do a repair to the I have there. Now my question is how much is a new gear or how much would it cost to repair the faulty one? The gear is not moving at all

Now that I understand what you're asking, no one can quote transmission repair accurately without taking apart the actual transmission in question. They can only quote you replacement.

To replace this transmission takes 9.2 hours x labor rate (which in this case would be N46,000).

I can't quote you for the replacement transmission assembly itself since we are not importing those yet.

1 Like

Re: How Much Should I Expect To Pay For My Repair? by GreenWorld: 11:34am On Aug 27, 2018
Lexus RX330 2005 Burnt head gasket
Re: How Much Should I Expect To Pay For My Repair? by radautoworks: 2:04pm On Aug 27, 2018
GreenWorld:
Lexus RX330 2005 Burnt head gasket

Hello,

Labor
One head gasket 9.5 hrs x N5,000/hr = N47,500
Both head gaskets 12.7hrs = 63,500

Parts
Full head gasket set which include intake manifold gaskets, exhaust manifold gaskets, valve seals, both valve cover gaskets and everything needed for a reconditioning or valve grind
Fel-Pro head gasket set N104,510 6 month warranty against defects
http://weblink.carquest.com/acl/?mfgName=FEL&partNumber=HS26266PT

Also recommended is replacing the head bolts
Fel-Pro head bolts set N20,440 http://weblink.carquest.com/acl/?mfgName=FEL&partNumber=ES71036

CARQUEST Timing Kit With Water Pump Includes: Water Pump, Timing Belt, Hydraulic Timing Belt Actuator, Camshaft Belt Tensioner, Camshaft Belt Idler, Water Pump Driven by Timing Belt N93,805 http://weblink.carquest.com/acl/?mfgName=DAY&partNumber=WP257K3A

N282,255 is the maximum it will cost you to have it done properly as should come with at least a 6 month warranty. Once it goes over three months, you are okay for years. The alternative is to replace the engine but I have no idea what engines cost in Nigeria. Ours are definitely expensive because they are factory remans.
Re: How Much Should I Expect To Pay For My Repair? by obidevine(m): 5:14am On Aug 30, 2018
i have a 2002 Nissan pathfinder I want to put back to shape, the 4 shocks need changing, the tie rod needs to be changed, steering rack needs changing, brake pads need changing, the ac needs over hauling, I need to oven bake it as well. I'm thinking of going to ladipo, please advice

I have a mechanic I use but the guy's "wuru -wuru" is too much, I don't want to use him anymore.
Re: How Much Should I Expect To Pay For My Repair? by radautoworks: 5:45am On Aug 30, 2018
obidevine:
i have a 2002 Nissan pathfinder I want to put back to shape, the 4 shocks need changing, the tie rod needs to be changed, steering rack needs changing, brake pads need changing, the ac needs over hauling, I need to oven bake it as well. I'm thinking of going to ladipo, please advice

I have a mechanic I use but the guy's "wuru -wuru" is too much, I don't want to use him anymore.

If by advice you mean cost, here you go. I'm not going to bother putting parts prices since you're looking at Ladipo. I'll just give you labor times and costs with our hourly rate of N5,000. Ladipo rates should be significantly lower. Anything more than this is gouging.

For Ladipo parts costs, ask Gazzuzz. I think he's over that way if I'm not mistaken.

Front shocks 4.2 hrs. N21,000

Rear shocks. 0.8 hrs. N4,000

Tie rod outer 1.1 hrs. N5,500

Tie rod inner 1.7 hrs. N8,500

Steering rack 2.2 hrs. N11,000

Brake pads front 0.9 hrs. N4,500

Brake shoes rear 1.2 hrs. N6,000

AC unknown without diagnosis

Total if done individually N41,600

Total if all at once. N29,600
Re: How Much Should I Expect To Pay For My Repair? by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:59am On Aug 30, 2018
radautoworks:

If by advice you mean cost, here you go. I'm not going to bother putting parts prices since you're looking at Ladipo. I'll just give you labor times and costs with our hourly rate of N5,000. Ladipo rates should be significantly lower. Anything more than this is gouging.

For Ladipo parts costs, ask Gazzuzz. I think he's over that way if I'm not mistaken.

I don de learn chom chim cool

2 Likes

Re: How Much Should I Expect To Pay For My Repair? by LeJeun3: 9:21am On Aug 30, 2018
radautoworks:

Rear shocks. 0.8 hrs.
N4,000

Shocked it takes longer to change rear brake pads than shock absorber...

Re: How Much Should I Expect To Pay For My Repair? by obidevine(m): 9:35am On Aug 30, 2018
radautoworks:

Thanks for this, what if I want you to get the parts for me, what are the prices for the parts?
Re: How Much Should I Expect To Pay For My Repair? by radautoworks: 8:35pm On Aug 30, 2018
obidevine:

Thanks for this, what if I want you to get the parts for me, what are the prices for the parts?

I'd rather not. That's an extensive list and will be discouraging to you.

1 Like

Re: How Much Should I Expect To Pay For My Repair? by radautoworks: 8:40pm On Aug 30, 2018
LeJeun3:

Shocked it takes longer to change rear brake pads than shock absorber...

They're not pads. They're shoes that's why.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Should I Expect To Pay For My Repair? by Besto(m): 9:58am On Aug 31, 2018
radautoworks:

?
How can you be contacted
Re: How Much Should I Expect To Pay For My Repair? by radautoworks: 7:55pm On Aug 31, 2018

1 Like

Re: How Much Should I Expect To Pay For My Repair? by menstrualpad: 12:00am On Sep 04, 2018
I get 550-600km to 80litres of fuel in my car instead of factory 764km should I replace engine or a rebuild? or what do I do to get back up?

radautoworks:

https://www.nairaland.com/4501821/milex-carquest-2nd-largest-usa#67520230
Re: How Much Should I Expect To Pay For My Repair? by radautoworks: 12:18am On Sep 04, 2018
menstrualpad:
I get 550-600km to 80litres of fuel in my car instead of factory 764km should I replace engine or a rebuild? or what do I do to get back up?

It's perfectly normal to not meet factory gas mileage especially with the kind of gas, driving habits, filters and engine oil you use. Unless something else is wrong and you suddenly lost gas mileage, thinking about the engine is Overkill.

4 Likes

Re: How Much Should I Expect To Pay For My Repair? by menstrualpad: 12:23am On Sep 04, 2018
radautoworks:

It's perfectly normal to not meet factory gas mileage especially with the kind of gas, driving habits, filters and engine oil you use. Unless something else is wrong and you suddenly lost gas mileage, thinking about the engine is Overkill.
I use recommended engine oils, liquimolly, I really want to at least close the gap maybe by 120km, what can I do?
Re: How Much Should I Expect To Pay For My Repair? by radautoworks: 12:35am On Sep 04, 2018
SEPTEMBER SPECIAL- WINDSHIELD WIPERS BUY ONE, GET ONE FREE!

You know you've been putting it off! Now you have no excuse. For the month of September, buy any windshield wiper, get a second for absolutely free! Any brand is eligible. If it's in stock, you can get one free with purchase of one.

PRICES START AT N1,900!!!
Ask for the "SEPTEMBER MIND WIPE"
Re: How Much Should I Expect To Pay For My Repair? by Folorunsjo(m): 12:36am On Sep 04, 2018
Repairing an automatic gear box is 50/50. You may or may not get the result. Sometimes it even get worse.
The best advice is to replace it.

1 Like

Re: How Much Should I Expect To Pay For My Repair? by radautoworks: 12:37am On Sep 04, 2018
Folorunsjo:
Repairing an automatic gear box is 50/50. You may or may not get the result. Sometimes it even get worse.
The best advice is to replace it.

Not true. Not if they know what they are doing.
Re: How Much Should I Expect To Pay For My Repair? by menstrualpad: 12:52am On Sep 04, 2018
here

menstrualpad:

I use recommended engine oils, liquimolly, I really want to at least close the gap maybe by 120km, what can I do?
radautoworks:

Re: How Much Should I Expect To Pay For My Repair? by radautoworks: 12:57am On Sep 04, 2018
If you didn't receive a sudden drop in fuel economy, this link has great advice.

https://www.moneycrashers.com/ways-improve-gas-mileage/
Re: How Much Should I Expect To Pay For My Repair? by menstrualpad: 1:16am On Sep 04, 2018
I have a
radautoworks:
If you didn't receive a sudden drop in fuel economy, this link has great advice.

https://www.moneycrashers.com/ways-improve-gas-mileage/

I have codes
P200C - Lambda sensor 1, bank 1; aging correction variable exceeded
P200E - Lambda sensor 1, bank 1; low voltage swing

can they be of any effect?
Re: How Much Should I Expect To Pay For My Repair? by radautoworks: 3:47am On Sep 04, 2018
menstrualpad:
I have a

I have codes
P200C - Lambda sensor 1, bank 1; aging correction variable exceeded
P200E - Lambda sensor 1, bank 1; low voltage swing

can they be of any effect?

What kind of car is this? A Ford?
Re: How Much Should I Expect To Pay For My Repair? by menstrualpad: 6:44am On Sep 04, 2018
radautoworks:

What kind of car is this? A Ford?
A Mercedes
Re: How Much Should I Expect To Pay For My Repair? by radautoworks: 6:55am On Sep 04, 2018
menstrualpad:

A Mercedes

What year and model and how long ago did your consumption increase? What's the best it ever was? These are diesel codes.
Re: How Much Should I Expect To Pay For My Repair? by menstrualpad: 7:31am On Sep 04, 2018
radautoworks:

What year and model and how long ago did your consumption increase? What's the best it ever was? These are diesel codes.
2001 E320 just got it so no history... It's petrol
Re: How Much Should I Expect To Pay For My Repair? by radautoworks: 3:49am On Sep 05, 2018
Signing off for a few days. Any inquiries can go to

support@radautoworks.com, 0803 419 7461 and 0908 306 4719 M-F 9-5, Sat 9-2

on Facebook, @CarquestMilexNG

On Instagram, @radautoworks

https://www.mrtransmissionmilexnigeria.com/parts-request

Thanks!
Re: How Much Should I Expect To Pay For My Repair? by amywonda: 9:55am On Sep 22, 2018
So do you guys do gasket replacement ? I called your shop and they said they don’t do cylinder head resurfacing , wondering if you fix gaskets without machining the cylinder heads
Re: How Much Should I Expect To Pay For My Repair? by radautoworks: 7:46pm On Sep 22, 2018
amywonda:
So do you guys do gasket replacement ? I called your shop and they said they don’t do cylinder head resurfacing , wondering if you fix gaskets without machining the cylinder heads

Actually, we do. They are currently under instruction not to accept that type of work till we get back.
Re: How Much Should I Expect To Pay For My Repair? by radautoworks: 10:14am On Sep 23, 2018
Full range of services resumes on Wednesday the 26th of September. Daddy Radu will be back by then cry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

2020 Mercedes GLS Vs. 2019 BMW X7, Which Side Are You On? (Photos) / Some Nigerian Drivers Can Be Dirty!! (pictures) / Jubilation As Cars Drive To 4 Riverine Communities In Bayelsa For The First Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.