Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,611 members, 7,820,177 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:56 AM

How Much Should I Expect To Pay For My Repair? - Car Talk (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Much Should I Expect To Pay For My Repair? (49280 Views)

How Much Should I Expect To Pay To Replace An Alternator On 2012 Toyota Avensis / Dad Forced To Pay ₦3.6m After 3-Year Old Daughter Scratched 10 Brand New Audis / I Want To Buy A Small Bus From Ladipo What Documents Do I Expect? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Should I Expect To Pay For My Repair? by Lush100(m): 8:12pm On Nov 23, 2020
It is......what it is.

Blackbishop:

Bro I want to believe this is a Joke
Re: How Much Should I Expect To Pay For My Repair? by radautoworks: 9:01pm On Nov 23, 2020

Re: How Much Should I Expect To Pay For My Repair? by radautoworks: 9:42pm On Nov 23, 2020

Re: How Much Should I Expect To Pay For My Repair? by AshipaEk0: 12:07pm On Dec 11, 2020
@radautoworks

I need a quote to replace the valve stem seals on a Volvo 2.5T Engine

2004 XC90 5 Cyl

Can't figure out right link for that on the site
Re: How Much Should I Expect To Pay For My Repair? by radautoworks: 1:36pm On Dec 11, 2020
AshipaEk0:
@radautoworks

I need a quote to replace the valve stem seals on a Volvo 2.5T Engine

2004 XC90 5 Cyl

Can't figure out right link for that on the site

http://weblink.carquest.com/acl/?mfgName=FEL&partNumber=SS71180 $66

Part is cheap but labor is about 18 hours.

Re: How Much Should I Expect To Pay For My Repair? by AshipaEk0: 10:02pm On Dec 12, 2020
radautoworks:

http://weblink.carquest.com/acl/?mfgName=FEL&partNumber=SS71180 $66

Part is cheap but labor is about 18 hours.

Wow. 18 hours!!! Damn.

Any stop gap measures?

Probably cheaper/easier to get a used engine
Re: How Much Should I Expect To Pay For My Repair? by radautoworks: 10:07pm On Dec 12, 2020
AshipaEk0:

Wow. 18 hours!!! Damn.

Any stop gap measures?

Probably cheaper/easier to get a used engine

If you can get a used engine for 90k (18*N5,000), yes. Also make sure the used your buy is not worse off than yours. We will be replacing ALL your seals not just the valve stem seals.

On a serious note, it makes no sense to get a used one. Whoever does it, make sure they replace all seals not just the valve seals to avoid story later.
Re: How Much Should I Expect To Pay For My Repair? by chronos00: 8:08am On Dec 13, 2020
radautoworks:

If you can get a used engine for 90k (18*N5,000), yes. Also make sure the used your buy is not worse off than yours. We will be replacing ALL your seals not just the valve stem seals.

On a serious note, it makes no sense to get a used one. Whoever does it, make sure they replace all seals not just the valve seals to avoid story later.

Good morning ma'am

i need this dye, also need the light but I couldn't find the light on your site

Re: How Much Should I Expect To Pay For My Repair? by radautoworks: 6:00pm On Jan 10, 2021
Please watch. Covid-19 is alive and thriving in Nigeria. The people I know died in the past week in Nigeria.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tv4mG7xvTTU
Re: How Much Should I Expect To Pay For My Repair? by radautoworks: 2:10am On Jan 23, 2021
February specials

Re: How Much Should I Expect To Pay For My Repair? by kyinusa: 6:42am On Jan 25, 2021
Pls brothers, what is d cost of Hyundai county 2009 engine
Re: How Much Should I Expect To Pay For My Repair? by radautoworks: 1:38pm On Jan 25, 2021
kyinusa:
Pls brothers, what is d cost of Hyundai county 2009 engine
you'll have better luck with this in one of the other threads because we don't sell used parts..
Re: How Much Should I Expect To Pay For My Repair? by radautoworks: 7:08pm On Jan 28, 2021
2006 Ford Explorer with starting issues, ac issues and in need of a tune-up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XumEQ-sQWVM
Re: How Much Should I Expect To Pay For My Repair? by radautoworks: 4:10pm On Feb 05, 2021
Re: How Much Should I Expect To Pay For My Repair? by radautoworks: 8:59pm On Feb 12, 2021
This took too long to set up but it's almost here. Rapid in and out oil changes for those who just need that and no diagnosis.
IT WILL BE GET IN, GET OUT, GET GONE! WALK-IN WELCOME NO APPOINTMENT NECESSARY

Re: How Much Should I Expect To Pay For My Repair? by radautoworks: 1:45pm On Feb 14, 2021
Awon "replace geng" are not going to like this grin

This is why we don't like remote diagnosis and I tend not to answer diagnosis questions on NL- well that and I'm tired of providing free education to the same "gurus" who insult me only to turn around and use the same knowledge they condemned.

Bring the car for us to lay hands on and then we can tell you the problem. Even brain box sef dem don change undecided

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4DTU4xDRoQ
Re: How Much Should I Expect To Pay For My Repair? by Crocif: 10:19am On Mar 04, 2021
Hi,

How much would it cost to repair an Acura MDX 2007/2008 model with the following codes: P0134, P2647 and P0325
Re: How Much Should I Expect To Pay For My Repair? by radautoworks: 4:43pm On Mar 04, 2021
Crocif:
Hi,

How much would it cost to repair an Acura MDX 2007/2008 model with the following codes: P0134, P2647 and P0325
what are the car's symptoms? These are most likely to do with wiring and could just be chewed wires. We cannot be diagnosised or quoted accurately remotely. Please email support@radautoworks.com or https://www.mrtransmissionmilexnigeria.com/appointments to request an appointment for free diagnosis with service.
Re: How Much Should I Expect To Pay For My Repair? by Crocif: 5:01pm On Mar 04, 2021
radautoworks:
what are the car's symptoms? These are most likely to do with wiring and could just be chewed wires. We cannot be diagnosised or quoted accurately remotely. Please email support@radautoworks.com or https://www.mrtransmissionmilexnigeria.com/appointments to request an appointment for free diagnosis with service.

Okay, thanks.
Re: How Much Should I Expect To Pay For My Repair? by Crocif: 11:27am On Mar 05, 2021
radautoworks:

I just left my car at your office. I noticed a few things (positive and negative) I may talk about later after I get the second bill.

PS: The diagnosis is not free.
Re: How Much Should I Expect To Pay For My Repair? by radautoworks: 1:11pm On Mar 05, 2021
Crocif:

I just left my car at your office. I noticed a few things (positive and negative) I may talk about later after I get the second bill.

PS: The diagnosis is not free.

We would love the feedback. Yes, the diagnosis is free with service. The only time we charge is if you just want us to tell you what's wrong so you can fix it elsewhere. If you paid, it will be deducted from the total cost of repair.
Re: How Much Should I Expect To Pay For My Repair? by Crocif: 5:06pm On Mar 05, 2021
radautoworks:

We would love the feedback. Yes, the diagnosis is free with service. The only time we charge is if you just want us to tell you what's wrong so you can fix it elsewhere. If you paid, it will be deducted from the total cost of repair.

I appreciate your response.

I am actually a fee-paying customer and my current bill includes N7,500 for the diagnostic test. I would have preferred not to talk about this but since this promise was made on your website wink

PS: I am impressed with your technicians so far. They seem to know exactly what they are talking about. I hope it translates to action.
Re: How Much Should I Expect To Pay For My Repair? by radautoworks: 5:59pm On Mar 05, 2021
Crocif:

I appreciate your response.

I am actually a fee-paying customer and my current bill includes N7,500 for the diagnostic test. I would have preferred not to talk about this but since this promise was made on your website wink

PS: I am impressed with your technicians so far. They seem to know exactly what they are talking about. I hope it translates to action.

Thank you so much for the feedback. I'm a big believer in transparency. The 7,500 will be removed when the repair is done. No worries.
Re: How Much Should I Expect To Pay For My Repair? by aieromon(m): 6:51pm On Mar 05, 2021
radautoworks:

Thank you so much for the feedback. I'm a big believer in transparency. The 7,500 will be removed when the repair is done. No worries.

This is an affordable cost judging by the type of services you render and compared with some of the other automobile diagnostic centres.

Well done

2 Likes

Re: How Much Should I Expect To Pay For My Repair? by Ayo8(m): 6:19am On Mar 07, 2021
radautoworks:

We would love the feedback. Yes, the diagnosis is free with service. The only time we charge is if you just want us to tell you what's wrong so you can fix it elsewhere If you paid, it will be deducted from the total cost of repair.

I'm holding unto this... cool

1 Like

Re: How Much Should I Expect To Pay For My Repair? by Crocif: 4:42pm On Mar 08, 2021
radautoworks:

Hi,

You may believe in transparency, but my experience in the past few days proved different.

I wouldn't want to complain much because I requested that your team go ahead with the repairs even when I felt a little disappointed.
Re: How Much Should I Expect To Pay For My Repair? by radautoworks: 5:24pm On Mar 08, 2021
Crocif:

Hi,

You may believe in transparency, but my experience in the past few days proved different.

I wouldn't want to complain much because I requested that your team go ahead with the repairs even when I felt a little disappointed.
please tell me what happened while I inquire from them the status.

EDIT: from what I understand they were unable to offer you the additional discount you requested but they did charge you the N5,000 house rate not the N7,500 "bring your own part rate"?

Is this correct?
Re: How Much Should I Expect To Pay For My Repair? by Crocif: 7:14pm On Mar 08, 2021
radautoworks:
please tell me what happened while I inquire from them the status.

EDIT: from what I understand they were unable to offer you the additional discount you requested but they did charge you the N5,000 house rate not the N7,500 "bring your own part rate"?

Is this correct?

Good evening,

The rates applied were a combination of N5,000/hr and N7,500/hr. I am fine with this actually. Just hoping the promise to get my vehicle in top condition is kept.

However, my disappointment (a little I must add) cuts across different areas but to the point of transparency, your website had two incentive categories:

1) The first mentioned a free diagnosis (this has since been taken down).
2) The second mentioned a free diagnosis and 10% discount on all major repairs.

There was no mention of the caveat that accompanies both promises: you get the 'free diagnosis' only when you make an "effective demand" per the first case, while the second case is only fulfilled when one buys parts from your store.

I was set aback when I heard the caveat on the second because it is clear on your website that the only requirement to redeem the promise was to engage in a major repair...the question I asked: "What constitutes a major repair"? and the answer I got: "We gave you the house rate of N5,000" hence you do not qualify for the discount.

That response was funny because it did not answer my question.

I felt a job that requires at least 29.9 hours of work qualifies to be called something "major". At the very least to ensure transparency, I should have been informed that getting parts from your stores has its advantages. I was only told that I would lose the warranty on parts but have the warranty on labour.

Modified: Just thinking...if you had included the phrase "terms and conditions apply" on your website it would have solved it.
Re: How Much Should I Expect To Pay For My Repair? by radautoworks: 7:37pm On Mar 08, 2021
Crocif:

Good evening,

The rates applied were a combination of N5,000/hr and N7,500/hr. I am fine with this actually. Just hoping the promise to get my vehicle in top condition is kept.

However, my disappointment (a little I must add) cuts across different areas but to the point of transparency, your website had two incentive categories:

1) The first mentioned a free diagnosis (this has since been taken down).
2) The second mentioned a free diagnosis and 10% discount on all major repairs.

There was no mention of the caveat that accompanies both promises: you get the 'free diagnosis' only when you make an "effective demand" per the first case, while the second case is only fulfilled when one buys parts from your store.

I was set aback when I heard the caveat on the second because it is clear on your website that the only requirement to redeem the promise was to engage in a major repair...the question I asked: "What constitutes a major repair"? and the answer I got: "We gave you the house rate of N5,000" hence you do not qualify for the discount.

That response was funny because it did not answer my question.

I felt a job that requires at least 29.9 hours of work qualifies to be called something "major". At the very least to ensure transparency, I should have been informed that getting parts from your stores has its advantages. I was only told that I would lose the warranty on parts but have the warranty on labour.

Ah, I see what the problem is.

As with most places promotions are not stackable. In addition, you actually received a courtesy that is not company approved. Company policy is 7,500/hr if you bring your own parts. Normally I would be upset that they gave you 5,000/hr but I give my staff latitude in decision making and I'm sure they'll made that concession against company policy because of the size of your job.

2) Because you were being charged 5,000/hr instead of 7,500/hr for bringing your own parts as well as receiving a free diagnosis, you weren't eligible for the 10%. If you wanted the 10% it would have to be at the N7,500 rate. If you prefer, they can they to the N7,500 rate for the whole job and apply the 10% discount.

As far as 1), the coupons on the website constantly change and are handled by corporate in Chicago. They usually have expiration dates and I'm sure that one expired February 28th.

I'm a little unclear on something though... They didn't tell you the pros and cons of getting your own parts? Please confirm as this is huge.

I hope I was able to explain satisfactorily?
Re: How Much Should I Expect To Pay For My Repair? by Crocif: 9:18am On Mar 09, 2021
radautoworks:

Ah, I see what the problem is.

As with most places promotions are not stackable. In addition, you actually received a courtesy that is not company approved. Company policy is 7,500/hr if you bring your own parts. Normally I would be upset that they gave you 5,000/hr but I give my staff latitude in decision making and I'm sure they'll made that concession against company policy because of the size of your job.

2) Because you were being charged 5,000/hr instead of 7,500/hr for bringing your own parts as well as receiving a free diagnosis, you weren't eligible for the 10%. If you wanted the 10% it would have to be at the N7,500 rate. If you prefer, they can they to the N7,500 rate for the whole job and apply the 10% discount.

As far as 1), the coupons on the website constantly change and are handled by corporate in Chicago. They usually have expiration dates and I'm sure that one expired February 28th.

I'm a little unclear on something though... They didn't tell you the pros and cons of getting your own parts? Please confirm as this is huge.

I hope I was able to explain satisfactorily?

Good morning.

I trust you are well.

Well, I understand your comment and I can relate with "company policies" but I am not satisfied with your explanation.

Before I proceed, kindly note that I have gone past the discount thingy. I am okay with the bill. Like I mentioned earlier, I saw the bill and I willingly asked that they continue with the work. I take full responsibility for that.

However, my lack of satisfaction comes with your claim to transparency. I believe you are a decent person, and you try all you can to run a good and legit business but something went wrong. I want to believe it has to do with communication and not a lack of competency of your front desk staff.

I must say that they are courteous (most of the time) and they try their best to please customers but I was not informed of simple things I have a right to know. No one told me that I am required to purchase items from your establishment to gain a 10% discount. No one told me (until yesterday) that a combined rate of N5,000/hr and N7,500/hr was applied as a courtesy for two of the nine services rendered.

Anyways, I will let you know my thoughts when I give my feedback after the work is completed.

PS: See attached a comparison of your bill and my workings. It shows I save N508 if we revert to the proper bill I should have gotten from day 1. The amount I would save is nothing really but it would be the right thing to do.

Thank you and have a lovely day.

Modified: Please note that the items in green were appropriately billed at N5,000/hr because I bought the necessary supplies from your store.

Re: How Much Should I Expect To Pay For My Repair? by radautoworks: 2:38pm On Mar 09, 2021
Crocif:

Good morning.

I trust you are well.

Well, I understand your comment and I can relate with "company policies" but I am not satisfied with your explanation.

Before I proceed, kindly note that I have gone past the discount thingy. I am okay with the bill. Like I mentioned earlier, I saw the bill and I willingly asked that they continue with the work. I take full responsibility for that.

However, my lack of satisfaction comes with your claim to transparency. I believe you are a decent person, and you try all you can to run a good and legit business but something went wrong. I want to believe it has to do with communication and not a lack of competency of your front desk staff.

I must say that they are courteous (most of the time) and they try their best to please customers but I was not informed of simple things I have a right to know. No one told me that I am required to purchase items from your establishment to gain a 10% discount. No one told me (until yesterday) that a combined rate of N5,000/hr and N7,500/hr was applied as a courtesy for two of the nine services rendered.

Anyways, I will let you know my thoughts when I give my feedback after the work is completed.

PS: See attached a comparison of your bill and my workings. It shows I save N508 if we revert to the proper bill I should have gotten from day 1. The amount I would save is nothing really but it would be the right thing to do.

Thank you and have a lovely day.

Modified: Please note that the items in green were appropriately billed at N5,000/hr because I bought the necessary supplies from your store.

Hello,
Thank you for the additional feedback.
You are not required to required to buy items from us for the 10% discount. Many a customer brings their own part and receives the discount. The issue here is that discounts are not stackable. From what I understand they mentioned but didn't go into detail because they gave you a discounted rate lowering your bill that is not usually given.

As you mentioned above, the bill will be reverted to the full rates and the 10% discount applied for the additional N508. They have also been instructed to be clearer to customers when they apply discounts for them. Is that satisfactory?
Re: How Much Should I Expect To Pay For My Repair? by Crocif: 10:09am On Mar 10, 2021
radautoworks:

Hello,
Thank you for the additional feedback.
You are not required to required to buy items from us for the 10% discount. Many a customer brings their own part and receives the discount. The issue here is that discounts are not stackable. From what I understand they mentioned but didn't go into detail because they gave you a discounted rate lowering your bill that is not usually given.

As you mentioned above, the bill will be reverted to the full rates and the 10% discount applied for the additional N508. They have also been instructed to be clearer to customers when they apply discounts for them. Is that satisfactory?

I am satisfied with the bold but not your comment overall.

In order not to get into a 'he said, she said or they said' argument I will stop this dialogue here.

Your team promised that my vehicle would be ready today. I look forward to this.

Have a lovely day.

PS: I was informed some additional supplies were needed for the vehicle yesterday. I am still waiting for the revised invoice so I can make payment before coming to pick the vehicle.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

This Lexus LF-1 Limitless SUV Will Leave Your Jaw Dropping (photos) / Stolen Vehicle: Please My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Yesterday In Lagos / See The Vintage Car Queen Elizabeth Rode When She Visited Nigeria In 1956 - Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.