Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,812 members, 7,813,682 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:11 PM

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! - Travel (149) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! (455096 Views)

Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! / Travelling To Russia For The 2018 World Cup Let’s Meet Here / Those Intending To Travel Out, Let's Meet Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) ... (182) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by aurorae1: 1:20pm On Jul 08, 2022
79733139:
Please are there any C1/C2 level speakers that could help check out my writings?

Definitely not me grin, yet anyways.
But you can also try Reddit...
r/French
r/Frenchhelp
r/writestreak
And others.
You can ask people to correct your writing, there are native speakers there.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by 79733139(m): 2:36pm On Jul 08, 2022
Thanks, I will do that.
aurorae1:

Definitely not me grin, yet anyways.
But you can also try Reddit...
r/French
r/Frenchhelp
r/writestreak
And others.
You can ask people to correct your writing, there are native speakers there.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by cutebear: 11:21am On Jul 09, 2022
I didn't get NOI...my score is 506 cry
GraciousWords:
There were OINP French Speaker's Draws on June 9 and June 21 for CRS 481 and 440 and above respectively so Cutebear, Sweetoma and others should have got NOI from Ontario....if they are still in the Canny run. Congrats!

https://www.ontario.ca/page/oinp-express-entry-notifications-interest
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by cutebear: 11:31am On Jul 09, 2022
*Extra thoughts*
I think the best solution to controlling this bribery for french results issue is for the TEF body to adopt the same biometric registration as IELTS. On the day of the IELTS exam, your fingerprint and photo are taken by a British council officer on that day before you can even enter the examination hall. They will even look at your passport document and your face to verify your identity before entering. The picture they take on that day is what will appear on your exam results. I don't know how anyone can do runs for IELTS. It's almost impossible. If TEF/TCF can adopt this method, there won't be fraudulent issues like this.

3 Likes

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by shutupareyouGOD: 11:56am On Jul 09, 2022
The person has just a certificate…you are bilingual…focus
cutebear:
I've been expecting the main TEF body to react to this. I remember speaking to someone last year when I had just passed my exam. I called to give him the good news and that was when he told me that his friend is finding it difficult to learn french but he planned to pay N2 million to someone in Alliance Francaise so that someone would write the exam for him. I was so shocked but at the same time very angry because look at me, who had spent years learning french and then someone else is trying to game the system with bribery!!! I really hope they catch all the people involved in this rubbish act. Nigeria already has a bad enough reputation angry

2 Likes

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by 79733139(m): 12:05pm On Jul 09, 2022
shutupareyouGOD:
The person has just a certificate…you are bilingual…focus

At least 50% of Nigerians are bilingual, we speak at least one ethnic language and English.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by GraciousWords: 12:07pm On Jul 09, 2022
cutebear:
I didn't get NOI...my score is 506 cry

Sorry to hear that. Just realised there were both French Speakers' Draws but they targeted specific NOCs.

https://www.ontario.ca/page/2022-ontario-immigrant-nominee-program-updates
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by 79733139(m): 12:12pm On Jul 09, 2022
GraciousWords:

Sorry to hear that. Just realised there were both French Speakers' Draws but they targeted specific NOCs.

https://www.ontario.ca/page/2022-ontario-immigrant-nominee-program-updates

Hello, were tech NOCs included?
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by GraciousWords: 12:14pm On Jul 09, 2022
79733139:

Hello, were tech NOCs included?

Details of the NOCs are in the OINP link in my post.

1 Like

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by 79733139(m): 12:28pm On Jul 09, 2022
GraciousWords:

Details of the NOCs are in the OINP link in my post.

Okay, thanks. I just checked.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by shutupareyouGOD: 12:58pm On Jul 09, 2022
Nigerian ethnic language doesn’t count outside Nigeria that’s why I said bilingual
79733139:

At least 50% of Nigerians are bilingual, we speak at least one ethnic language and English.

2 Likes

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Emmaesty(f): 9:20pm On Jul 09, 2022
madayaya:

They have stated it as technical issue and you are posting a rumour without evidence online. If this rumour gets to the wrong hands what will you think will be the effect on everyone who has worked hard to be here? Please let’s talk with posterity in mind.
It has been suspended

1 Like

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by 79733139(m): 10:33pm On Jul 09, 2022
It is not a technical issue after all. Suspension from the main TEF organisation?
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by aurorae1: 7:37am On Jul 10, 2022
79733139:
It is not a technical issue after all. Suspension from the main TEF organisation?

Most likely. Options are to write TCF(only in Port Harcourt for now), or TEF in neighboring countries... Benin is next door.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Remmrem: 10:11am On Jul 10, 2022
It`s really devastating to hear that Nigeria has been suspended for now. We might not be able to write this exam for a while except we go to a neighboring country like Benin which would be so stressful. We really need to guide our utterances especially on a public forum like this, it`s most likely that the rumour on bribes to passing Tef exams was seen here by appropriate officials. Some of us have paid tutors and are studying genuinely for this exam, is this effort being put to a waste? I went through this thread and its unfortunate that those who started the fire aren't writing the exams or have written it. If we continue spreading such rumours, if we do not suffer from them our loved ones might. Fingers crossed, let`s hope and pray that the portal is opened again. It is well with a country like Nigeria and it`s People.....

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by titibaby: 11:52am On Jul 10, 2022
I agree with you. Suddenly the focus of this thread is on frauds and fraudsters and not improving French skills or guiding applicants. I think we should focus on ourselves and not what others are doing. Nobody on this thread has engaged anyone to carry out the exams on their behalf successfully so why do we immediately believe what is being said and use it to jeopardise our chances? There have also been rumours of IELTS fraud since 2018, however people don't focus on that and actually work to improve their chances. A fraudster will always look for a way out, and a lot of times, they get burnt in the process and can't share their experiences.

I think we really should be mindful of our utterances as many people have urged. The impact on others unfair. People cannot easily pick a date and write the exams anytime soon, all because some people alleged. Please let us all delete our posts concerning the fraud and scrub the thread clean of them. Let's think of others as we are normally inclined to do in this thread.

Remmrem:
It`s really devastating to hear that Nigeria has been suspended for now. We might not be able to write this exam for a while except we go to a neighboring country like Benin which would be so stressful. We really need to guide our utterances especially on a public forum like this, it`s most likely that the rumour on bribes to passing Tef exams was seen here by appropriate officials. Some of us have paid tutors and are studying genuinely for this exam, is this effort being put to a waste? I went through this thread and its unfortunate that those who started the fire aren't writing the exams or have written it. If we continue spreading such rumours, if we do not suffer from them our loved ones might. Fingers crossed, let`s hope and pray that the portal is opened again. It is well with a country like Nigeria and it`s People.....

2 Likes

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by 79733139(m): 12:00pm On Jul 10, 2022
Is there anyone who has written TEF in Benin Republic? I'm trying to find out about the process, I need to write the exam this month of first week of next month.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by 79733139(m): 12:10pm On Jul 10, 2022
titibaby Remmrem
They had already been suspended before I raised the issue that maybe it was because of the cheating allegations. If their hands were clean, this wouldn't have happened, TEF cannot suspend them based on mere allegations from a faceless forum (there would always be sore losers who just can't accept their failures), someone must have exposed them with concrete evidence or TEF might have used software/A.I to catch them. The damage had already been done before we started discussing it... the Cotonou option and Port Harcourt (TCF) is what we have to figure out now.

And with the way IELTS conduct their exams, it is a lot more difficult to cheat.

1 Like

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by cutebear: 5:26pm On Jul 10, 2022
It's not a rumour. The main TEF body can't just suspend Nigeria based on lies. I am VERY sure that they had investigated the matter and found the exam centres that were guilty of this. What is now important is for people to start focusing on trying to improve their french in order to write TCF in Port Harcourt or go to Benin Republic or Cameroon
Remmrem:
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by cutebear: 5:40pm On Jul 10, 2022
Now that TEF is no longer available in Nigeria, I strongly recommend that people shift their focus to TCF (unless they want to travel out of the country for TEF). Both exams are in french but the formats are completely different. Just like how you can't use TOEFL study methods for IELTS. Therefore, if you were 100% ready to write TEF before this suspension, you can just spend the next 2 months practising very well to write TCF in Port Harcourt. Last year, I wrote mine there and it went smoothly. Although TCF is the less popular exam, I still think it is a lot easier than the TEF exam.
Nevertheless, I will try to look for some resources that I used to study last year and I'll post the links for those who are interested in writing the exam at the PHC centre.

3 Likes

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by 79733139(m): 6:53pm On Jul 10, 2022
I just sent an email to Institut français du Bénin asking if they still offer TEF Canada.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by aurorae1: 8:06pm On Jul 10, 2022
cutebear:
Now that TEF is no longer available in Nigeria, I strongly recommend that people shift their focus to TCF (unless they want to travel out of the country for TEF). Both exams are in french but the formats are completely different. Just like how you can't use TOEFL study methods for IELTS. Therefore, if you were 100% ready to write TEF before this suspension, you can just spend the next 2 months practising very well to write TCF in Port Harcourt. Last year, I wrote mine there and it went smoothly. Although TCF is the less popular exam, I still think it is a lot easier than the TEF exam.
Nevertheless, I will try to look for some resources that I used to study last year and I'll post the links for those who are interested in writing the exam at the PHC centre.

Please do. Merci à l'avance...
Hopefully the TEF thing is rectified soon.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by aurorae1: 8:06pm On Jul 10, 2022
79733139:
Is there anyone who has written TEF in Benin Republic? I'm trying to find out about the process, I need to write the exam this month of first week of next month.

Search the thread... I think as far back as 2019. There was someone who did.

1 Like

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by ceecia(f): 8:41pm On Jul 10, 2022
Hi, I just registered for the TCF, I'll be writing in September. I've started preparing for it..... I would love the materials please.

cutebear:
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by ceecia(f): 8:46pm On Jul 10, 2022
A friend of mine was able to register for TEF in Bènin for this month.... As at Wednesday when she registered, they only had one slot left. They said they don't admit more than 10 candidates for the exam. They will be going on holiday in August until September. Reaching the institute where the exam is conducted is very difficult because they don't respond to their messages on time and then even if they respond, you'll have an issue paying for it.

My friend had to take a risk and paid someone over there to help her go to the institute to make the payment on her behalf.

79733139:
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by ceecia(f): 8:47pm On Jul 10, 2022
cutebear:

Can I DM you please? I'd like to ask a few questions. Thanks
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by 79733139(m): 9:12pm On Jul 10, 2022
ceecia:
A friend of mine was able to register for TEF in Bènin for this month.... As at Wednesday when she registered, they only had one slot left. They said they don't admit more than 10 candidates for the exam. They are going on holiday next month which means the next exam will be in September. Reaching the institute where the exam is conducted is very difficult because they don't respond to their messages on time and then even if they respond, you'll have an issue paying for it.

My friend had to take a risk and paid someone over there to help her go to the institute to make the payment on her behalf.

Do you mean 10 candidates per exam day? If they hold the exams 5 times a week then we are looking at a maximum of around 200 candidates per month.

Please can I drop my phone number or email so that I can chat with her? I want to get all the details so that I don't spend extra money as I don't know anyone in Bénin...
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Rosarie(f): 9:46pm On Jul 10, 2022
cutebear:
pls what materials did you use
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by ceecia(f): 9:52pm On Jul 10, 2022
It's 10 candidates per exam. They only hold the exam once a week, that's 4 times per month. But this July, they are only going to do it twice for the whole month. 18th and 25th.

79733139:

Do you mean 10 candidates per exam day? If they hold the exams 5 times a week then we are looking at a maximum of around 200 candidates per month.

Please can I drop my phone number or email so that I can chat with her? I want to get all the details so that I don't spend extra money as I don't know anyone in Bénin...
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by 79733139(m): 10:14pm On Jul 10, 2022
ceecia:
It's 10 candidates per exam. They only hold the exam once a week, that's 4 times per month. But this July, they are only going to do it twice for the whole month. 18th and 25th.

Merci bien, I will send an email now. You can edit your post and remove your email now. I have sent you an email in French.

(1) (2) (3) ... (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) ... (182) (Reply)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Italian Student Visa-help! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.