Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,886 members, 7,810,402 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:22 AM

Which Nigerian Language Is The Easiest To Learn? - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Which Nigerian Language Is The Easiest To Learn? (17404 Views)

Which Nigerian Languages can You Speak? / Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? / Yoruba Language Is The Most Influential Nigerian Language Outside Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Nigerian Language Is The Easiest To Learn? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 11:30pm On Mar 14, 2007
Donzie being the exception as he supposedly lived in Lagos for a few years and never knew what "oniranu" was until 2 weeks ago.

Boogles my mind that such people exist.
Re: Which Nigerian Language Is The Easiest To Learn? by Nobody: 11:31pm On Mar 14, 2007
Stop arguing over things that are easy. I lived in Lagos myself along with many other Igbos, I do not speak Yoruba. I know alot of Igbos who have lived in the North shorter than I have lived in Lagos, they all speak Hausa.

Infact ask anyone who speaks multiple Nigerian languages, they'll tell you, it's not even an argument, the easiest language to learn is Hausa.

How would you know? Have you ever tried learning either one? Silly people!
Re: Which Nigerian Language Is The Easiest To Learn? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 11:34pm On Mar 14, 2007
who was disputing Hausa?
Re: Which Nigerian Language Is The Easiest To Learn? by LoverBwoy(m): 11:41pm On Mar 14, 2007
well i have tried and since jss2 the only thing i can remember is Onyiochi Oyinra onyeberibe- i just hope that has a meaning

babyoshi ---> Ewu  cheesy
Re: Which Nigerian Language Is The Easiest To Learn? by Nobody: 11:43pm On Mar 14, 2007
ThiefOfHearts:

who was disputing Hausa?

I wonder what point you were trying to make by backing up someone who was disputing Hausa. angry
Re: Which Nigerian Language Is The Easiest To Learn? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 11:46pm On Mar 14, 2007
where was he disputing Hausa?

He just said Yoruba seemed easy for people he knew. Didnt say it was the easiest now did he?
Re: Which Nigerian Language Is The Easiest To Learn? by Nobody: 11:50pm On Mar 14, 2007
He was saying that in opposition to what I said about Hausa. . .Go figure.

Most of those Igbos were probably born in Lagos anyway so why wouldn't they be able to speak Yoruba? Just like Edo is easy for some of my friends who were born in Benin.

The ones I'm speaking of were not born up North, they migrated there at age 15,16,20's. . .they speak Hausa fluently!
Re: Which Nigerian Language Is The Easiest To Learn? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 11:53pm On Mar 14, 2007
yea Donz cos everyone lives to oppose your views cheesy

Egomaniac!
Re: Which Nigerian Language Is The Easiest To Learn? by LoverBwoy(m): 11:54pm On Mar 14, 2007
He was saying that in opposition to what I said about Hausa. . .Go figure.

no im not "same goes for, "

The ones I'm speaking of were not born up North, they migrated there at age 15,16,20's. . .they speak Hausa fluently!
the ones im talking about moved to lagos before they travelled out; some grew up there though.

anyway what does onyiochi mean?
Re: Which Nigerian Language Is The Easiest To Learn? by Nobody: 12:05am On Mar 15, 2007
ThiefOfHearts:

yea Donz because everyone lives to oppose your views cheesy

Egomaniac!

That's the way it often is!

anyway what does onyiochi mean?

This is why Igbo is the most difficult to learn. . .It's onye oshi, a thief!
Re: Which Nigerian Language Is The Easiest To Learn? by dayokanu(m): 9:38am On Mar 15, 2007
I think it is Hausa cause I served in the north for 1 year and could speak some when I came back though I am losing it now. Igbo?? requires a lot of energy to speak and Yoruba has a lot of intricacies the signs, the tones you must get it right.
Re: Which Nigerian Language Is The Easiest To Learn? by nikynike(f): 9:13am On Mar 16, 2007
l think the easiest is Hausa l stayed there during my primary and Secondary school.Hausa is written the way it is pronounced. Igbo languaga is also easy but some vowels and consonants do swallow themselves and some will become silent. For Yoruba ehh No go area.
Re: Which Nigerian Language Is The Easiest To Learn? by uyai(f): 9:17pm On Mar 17, 2007
ibibio is the most romantic and easiest lanquauge to learn
Re: Which Nigerian Language Is The Easiest To Learn? by soulpatrol(f): 10:54pm On Mar 17, 2007
in hausa accent. you tok am po true. grin (true talk) hausa is an easy and sweet language. very easy to pick up on if you're around hausas.
Re: Which Nigerian Language Is The Easiest To Learn? by ogechi84(f): 7:33pm On Mar 18, 2007
the easiest to learn language, is Hausa's,while the worst language to learn is Yoruba's. grin grin
Re: Which Nigerian Language Is The Easiest To Learn? by Nobody: 11:13am On Mar 19, 2007
its hausa, its so easy to read even of one cant speak it,
all others r tongue-twisting,
shikena! grin
Re: Which Nigerian Language Is The Easiest To Learn? by Nobody: 3:19am On Mar 20, 2007
uyai:

ibibio is the most romantic and easiest lanquauge to learn

It is a known South Eastern myth that Ibibio and Efik women are the most romantic and down to earth women,have never heard that about the language though.
It sounds way too nasal to be easy.
During my grandpas time,"Calabar women" were the desire of many Igbo men.
They were said to be great in the kitchen and "fantastic" every where else.
Re: Which Nigerian Language Is The Easiest To Learn? by yaoemi: 11:44pm On Mar 28, 2007
For europeen people every one of the native languages is absolutely hard to learn. In Europe it gives only a small amount of letters which you build in the throat. But all the native languages have lots of them . For Yoruba i know for example that i could live over years in nigeria and native speakers would hear the different by `"gb" Its not possible for me to pronounce it well. the same like africans can`t pronounce "ü". They need many years for it. And to learn a language means to live with the people because to learn it only from books doesn`t mean anything.
Re: Which Nigerian Language Is The Easiest To Learn? by busygirl(f): 4:18am On Mar 31, 2007
Yoruba is the easiest language 2 learn.
Re: Which Nigerian Language Is The Easiest To Learn? by yarikaspo4(f): 4:40am On Mar 31, 2007
grin wink
Re: Which Nigerian Language Is The Easiest To Learn? by Nobody: 10:59pm On Apr 01, 2007
busygirl:

Yoruba is the easiest language 2 learn.

say what?
Re: Which Nigerian Language Is The Easiest To Learn? by OmoEko1(f): 11:01pm On Apr 01, 2007
Yourba is the easiest language to learn. tongue tongue tongue
Re: Which Nigerian Language Is The Easiest To Learn? by naijadiva2(f): 9:31pm On Apr 02, 2007
hausa first, follow by yoruba, and igbo is at the bottom of the list.
Re: Which Nigerian Language Is The Easiest To Learn? by CrazyMan(m): 8:24pm On Apr 03, 2007
They're all easy to learn.
it all depends on how you socialize with people that speak it
Re: Which Nigerian Language Is The Easiest To Learn? by YOUNGDICEs(m): 10:06pm On May 07, 2007
it's so sexy whe igbo girls tryna learn hausa.
Re: Which Nigerian Language Is The Easiest To Learn? by YOUNGDICEs(m): 10:14pm On May 07, 2007
there's hausa on bbc what about igbo and yoruba.
Re: Which Nigerian Language Is The Easiest To Learn? by naijaway(m): 10:45pm On May 07, 2007
pidgin english
Re: Which Nigerian Language Is The Easiest To Learn? by omoge(f): 5:55pm On May 08, 2007
Pidgin followed by Hausa.

babu wahala grin
Re: Which Nigerian Language Is The Easiest To Learn? by mohadana: 6:18pm On May 08, 2007
Hausa.
Re: Which Nigerian Language Is The Easiest To Learn? by Nobody: 1:36am On May 10, 2007
YOUNGDICE$:

there's hausa on bbc what about igbo and yoruba.

That is because the Igbos and Yorubas can understand the regular BBC.
grin grin
Re: Which Nigerian Language Is The Easiest To Learn? by YOUNGDICEs(m): 1:41am On May 10, 2007
no that's because the british cannot stand the igbo and yoruba language.
Re: Which Nigerian Language Is The Easiest To Learn? by Nobody: 1:45am On May 10, 2007
let me tell you something you may not like to hear@youngdice
The British regarded Hausas the least intelligent of the three major tribes,easier to manipulate,will not ask questions and sell their country for even a plate of gworo.
There are well documented articles on this.

They could not stand Igbos and Yorubas because they were obviously better educated and more likely to read between the lines.
The Hausa were said to have signed papers they couldn't even read.
The Oyinbo man preferred to deal with them.

I'm teaching you history you folks won't tell you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Edjenu Festival Of The Okpara People Of Agbon Kingdom / Photos From The Procession Of Elehinle Festival In Okemesi, Ekiti State / Yoruba Cities, Towns And Villages- What Do Their Names Mean?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.