Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,914 members, 7,810,510 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:21 AM

Which Nigerian Language Is The Easiest To Learn? - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Which Nigerian Language Is The Easiest To Learn? (17406 Views)

Which Nigerian Languages can You Speak? / Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? / Yoruba Language Is The Most Influential Nigerian Language Outside Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Nigerian Language Is The Easiest To Learn? by drrionelli(m): 10:13pm On Aug 23, 2007
@jo-z:

No, my dear, I'm sorry. I'm afraid I'm not Nigerian. cry

I hope you don't think any less of me. Really, I'm trying to become familiar with some of the different languages I encounter here, but for someone who isn't exposed to them on a regular basis, it's very difficult.
Re: Which Nigerian Language Is The Easiest To Learn? by lovemajek(f): 12:56am On Aug 25, 2007
dont be afraid to be a nigerian, because if you're a blackman you're a nigerian.
Re: Which Nigerian Language Is The Easiest To Learn? by younghoodi(m): 4:32pm On Aug 25, 2007
my friend in school said nigayrian.
Re: Which Nigerian Language Is The Easiest To Learn? by joz(f): 5:39am On Aug 26, 2007
@drrioneli
so where r u from? grin
Re: Which Nigerian Language Is The Easiest To Learn? by drrionelli(m): 7:51pm On Aug 27, 2007
@jo-z:
I live in Michigan.

@lovemajek:
I don't fear being a Nigerian. The fact is I'm not a Nigerian. Circumstance of my birth did not allow that to happen. I was born in Canada.
Re: Which Nigerian Language Is The Easiest To Learn? by joz(f): 1:57am On Aug 28, 2007
@drrionelli
so r u trying to deny ur native land
Re: Which Nigerian Language Is The Easiest To Learn? by drrionelli(m): 5:56pm On Aug 28, 2007
@jo-z:
What do you mean by :
so r u trying to deny your native land
Re: Which Nigerian Language Is The Easiest To Learn? by joz(f): 10:21pm On Aug 28, 2007
@drrionell
i asked u where u from, and u said that u live in michigan, u could have simply said that u r nigerian, cool
Re: Which Nigerian Language Is The Easiest To Learn? by soulpatrol(f): 10:30pm On Aug 28, 2007
um, why are u guys drying up this thread now? undecided
Re: Which Nigerian Language Is The Easiest To Learn? by drrionelli(m): 12:31am On Aug 29, 2007
@jo-z:
I suppose I could have said that I was Nigerian, but doing so would misrepresent me.  I was born in Canada and have lived in the United States since I was a child.  I've yet to even visit Nigeria, but I am looking forward to doing so at some point in the (preferably) near future.

Why would I wish to deny the background that is mine?  I've no reason to be ashamed or embarrassed of it or by it.  Does the fact that I'm[i] not [/i] Nigerian make you uncomfortable with my presence on this site?  If so, may I respectfully ask why that is so?

@soulpatrol:
My apologies for going off-topic, but I do wish to address those things which are addressed to me.
Re: Which Nigerian Language Is The Easiest To Learn? by soulpatrol(f): 1:10am On Aug 29, 2007
@drrionelli. hmm on a normal day, i would have retorted by telling u to get off this thread as y'all are digressing, but then again, we're all guilty of doing so, right? cool
anyway, i was reading the convesation btw u and the 2 other guys and couldn't resist butting in (yeah, talk about breaking the rules ehn? grin)

@lovemajek and joz. sheesh, the guy already explained to u where he was born etc, why can't u just accept that not everyone claims to be Naija. he's a Canadian by birth, lives in the States, hasn't even been to Naija. finish! let him rest. besides, he doesn't even owe u guys an explanation. na by force? chei! shocked
Re: Which Nigerian Language Is The Easiest To Learn? by acidrop(f): 1:20am On Aug 29, 2007
edo of course
Re: Which Nigerian Language Is The Easiest To Learn? by drrionelli(m): 6:48pm On Aug 29, 2007
@soulpatrol:
Actually, I don't consider it "butting in" when it's offered in the spirit of a meaningful exchange, which your addendum was.   smiley

Indeed, I had begun to fear that I was not making myself clear.  That you understood my posting has assuaged my apprehensions in the matter.  Thank you!

With that having been said, let me ask this:  Which of Nigeria's languages would likely be easiest for a non-Nigerian to learn?  (I'm thinking that Pidgin might be my best bet. undecided)

Suggestions?
Re: Which Nigerian Language Is The Easiest To Learn? by naijadiva2(f): 6:55pm On Aug 29, 2007
pidgin in not a language, its an english dialect but i guess its okay to consider it one.
Re: Which Nigerian Language Is The Easiest To Learn? by drrionelli(m): 7:45pm On Aug 29, 2007
That's why I think it might be my best bet!  It might not prove as challenging for me to learn as Yoruba, Igbo, Hausa et al!   grin

(Although from the posts I've read in Pidgin, I could very well be wrong about that!)
Re: Which Nigerian Language Is The Easiest To Learn? by kojeiwa(m): 10:26pm On Aug 29, 2007
I would say yoruba is the easiest, but when you speak it, you have to keep your mouth open and they tend to speak

it loud. So watch out for that incase you decided to learn it. The Calaber speak like they are singing, so be ready to

sing if you decided to learn ibibio or efik. Edo language is actually difficult to learn, but its the smootest and sweetest

Nigeria language. Hausa is kind of easy too. Igbo, is moderate.
Re: Which Nigerian Language Is The Easiest To Learn? by drrionelli(m): 7:32pm On Aug 30, 2007
Hmmm--These are interesting observations!

@kojeiwa:

What is it about Edo that makes it difficult to learn? The actual sounds? The vocabulary? Is it the fact that it is such a smooth language?

I have an ear for music, so maybe Ibibio or Efik is what I should try.

Which languages would you say, as a whole, are spoken with the most frequency in Nigeria?
Re: Which Nigerian Language Is The Easiest To Learn? by kojeiwa(m): 7:54pm On Aug 30, 2007
Edo is difficult because their words are difficult to pronounce, there are lots of vbo, gho, mwen, gba, vben and etc in

most of the words. People that speak English usually can't pronounce those words right. But if you can learn to

pronounce those words, Edo becomes almost the easiest and smoothest language. Ibibio is a good language to

learn too. I would say Yoruba is spoken with the most frequency in Nigeria. You will probably be better off learning

yoruba if you want to learn a Nigeria language.
Re: Which Nigerian Language Is The Easiest To Learn? by emekae: 10:52pm On Aug 30, 2007
Guyz abeg na calaber b d easiest language make una try learn am, kpon tio dat it undiluted effik @ it peak
Re: Which Nigerian Language Is The Easiest To Learn? by drrionelli(m): 7:41pm On Aug 31, 2007
I'm sorry, emekae, but I'm afraid I don't understand what you're saying.
Re: Which Nigerian Language Is The Easiest To Learn? by debosky(m): 7:43pm On Aug 31, 2007
drrionelli the easiest language to learn is Hausa, its not too tonal, they dont have many words with multiple meanings depending on the tone (such as yoruba and igbo), the words don't flow into each other with difficult pronunciation as much as Edo, Ijaw and a few others.

I think that will be your best bet wink
Re: Which Nigerian Language Is The Easiest To Learn? by iyaaje(m): 8:43pm On Aug 31, 2007
a be be bi bo bo bu,
a ba baba a baaaaa
Re: Which Nigerian Language Is The Easiest To Learn? by joz(f): 10:55pm On Aug 31, 2007
@soulpatrol
u better watch what u say, cos i wasn't talking to u. i can ask anybody any question as much as i want and that should not be ur problem.

@drrionell
well u could learn any language of ur choice depending on the one that u r more comfortable with. u gonna have to work hard to though and i wish u all the best , cool
Re: Which Nigerian Language Is The Easiest To Learn? by lovemajek(f): 8:42am On Sep 01, 2007
iya aje:

a be be bi bo bo bu,
a ba baba a baaaaa

is this a Nigeria language too?
Re: Which Nigerian Language Is The Easiest To Learn? by hector: 3:35pm On Sep 01, 2007
hei everyone! i am ibibio,i think mine is difficult to speak but the easiest to understand, because when corpers are posted to my state they tend to understand very fast than to speak. But overall i think Yoruba is classic,igbo is sweet, hausa is easy then Efik(calabar) is romantic. Yoruba is the easiest to learn and IBIBIO is the most difficult , they talk like chinese.
Re: Which Nigerian Language Is The Easiest To Learn? by soulpatrol(f): 3:44pm On Sep 01, 2007
@j-oz. dude, i could care less if u were talking to me or not. u were being obnoxious, and i was simply coming to a brotha's rescue so we could get on with the thread. shikena! undecided
Re: Which Nigerian Language Is The Easiest To Learn? by joz(f): 11:14pm On Sep 04, 2007
@soulpatrol
see who is calling me a dude, nama like u, who cares about what u care about or what u think, at least am recognised , can see that u trying to forcefully make urself popular but u aint getting no where. so u better zip ur mouth and show concern about issues concerning U and not other peoples, am sure u get the message BIGGER DUDE , if u think u r not a dude, then u r a DUDET LOL grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cool cool cool cool cool undecided
Re: Which Nigerian Language Is The Easiest To Learn? by soulpatrol(f): 11:37pm On Sep 04, 2007
another ignorant one! when people use the word "dude" they are usually addressing a guy, but it's common place to use it for females as well these days. especially among ur friends. u're in the States aren't u? well get with the times, buddy! cool and FYI i've never ever made an effort to get attention, i'm simply contributing to this thread like everyone on it. judging from ur meagre postings, u're the one that wants to get the attention and probably has some catching up to do!
Re: Which Nigerian Language Is The Easiest To Learn? by soulpatrol(f): 11:38pm On Sep 04, 2007
but then again, i couldn't be bothered if u were a transgendered, just trying to get my point across.
Re: Which Nigerian Language Is The Easiest To Learn? by Nobody: 11:49pm On Sep 04, 2007
@drrionelli

If you want to learn a Nigerian language, you're better off learning Hausa. Not only is it easy to learn, it is the most widely spoken language in West Africa and most importantly, Hausa speakers control Nigeria. If you want to get close to the top, Hausa should be it for you.
Re: Which Nigerian Language Is The Easiest To Learn? by joz(f): 1:58am On Sep 05, 2007
no wonder ,,,,,,, u r a female with no destination, anyway, i have better things to do than to exchange words with a carton like u,,,, u can write whatever u want cos i aint saying nothin to u, u lucky i dont use cause words, i would have showed u what it is like for a cow like u to compete wth a lion, u can keep making noise but this is the last time i' ma say something to u, get some rest and get ya head straight, try looking for a DUDE like u nama, ite ofe like u lol lmfao, grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin undecided . less i forget, there r better ways that u could get ur points accross and u know that , SHIFANTU LOL, another thing, i aint ur buddy, u probably dont know who a buddy is because u aint no where, think b4 u write , chao
Re: Which Nigerian Language Is The Easiest To Learn? by soulpatrol(f): 2:02am On Sep 05, 2007
yawns! undecided ur response is so predictable and boring. keep moving, girl. i've come across way too many of ur kind who have a short fuse. best to just ignore u and keep the thread flowing. sticks and stones, sweety. NEXT!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Edjenu Festival Of The Okpara People Of Agbon Kingdom / Yoruba Cities, Towns And Villages- What Do Their Names Mean? / Photos From The Procession Of Elehinle Festival In Okemesi, Ekiti State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.