Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,882 members, 7,810,383 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:07 AM

Which Nigerian Language Is The Easiest To Learn? - Culture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Which Nigerian Language Is The Easiest To Learn? (17403 Views)

Which Nigerian Languages can You Speak? / Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? / Yoruba Language Is The Most Influential Nigerian Language Outside Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Nigerian Language Is The Easiest To Learn? by samsilo(m): 12:19am On Sep 07, 2007
I think without contest Hausa is the easiest Nigerian language and one that has words for most things other languages do not.
My Language Efik is one of the harder ones to learn.People should stop claiming their language is the easiest because they speak it
Re: Which Nigerian Language Is The Easiest To Learn? by Flowers212: 1:08pm On Mar 20, 2008
Uhrobo is the easiest Benin is the hardest followed by Igbo
Re: Which Nigerian Language Is The Easiest To Learn? by deola1(m): 7:24pm On Mar 22, 2008
English, lol
Re: Which Nigerian Language Is The Easiest To Learn? by topkin(m): 10:54pm On Mar 22, 2008
I'll stick with HAUSA; it's quite easy to grasp

1 Like

Re: Which Nigerian Language Is The Easiest To Learn? by djcrucifix(m): 3:20pm On Mar 25, 2008
yoruba na! undecided

1 Like

Re: Which Nigerian Language Is The Easiest To Learn? by ifyalways(f): 5:20pm On Mar 25, 2008
honestly i think its HAUSA.quite so easy to grasp cool

1 Like

Re: Which Nigerian Language Is The Easiest To Learn? by mafolayomi(f): 3:31pm On Mar 26, 2008
hausa
Re: Which Nigerian Language Is The Easiest To Learn? by flakylady(f): 12:11am On Mar 27, 2008
edit
Re: Which Nigerian Language Is The Easiest To Learn? by chyk91(m): 3:16am On Jan 10, 2009
hausa
Re: Which Nigerian Language Is The Easiest To Learn? by Nobody: 3:19am On Jan 10, 2009
Yoruba is not easy to learn.

Stop giving the poster wrong info just because you're yoruba. Yoruba and it's similar tone and several meanings!!

The easiest to grasp is Pidgin English, should be one of naija's lang jare
Re: Which Nigerian Language Is The Easiest To Learn? by Muza(m): 4:02pm On Jan 10, 2009
Hausa of course! grin
Re: Which Nigerian Language Is The Easiest To Learn? by SisiJinx: 4:32pm On Jan 10, 2009
top_kin:

I'll stick with HAUSA; it's quite easy to grasp

mafolayomi:

hausa

chyk91:

hausa

Muza:

Hausa of course!  grin

Without a doubt!!  grin grin

The People have Spoken!!!
Re: Which Nigerian Language Is The Easiest To Learn? by Tsiya(m): 12:53pm On Jan 11, 2009
well. Hausa is my second language and I found it hard to learn. Im still finding it very difficult to speak Hausa without the stupid Hausawa laughing at me. I hate them for that. Not only me most of my relatives and ppl from my village find it very difficult to learn. But we have no option than learning. I started learning Hausa from around 11 - 12 or so and can vitually understand everything. I tried to learn other languages like Yoruba and Ibo, but I think Ibo is more difficult to learn. Learning ibo is like learning chinese, all the chus and kwus in d language make it difficult.

If u are trying to learn a Nigerian language, I will advise u to learn hausa. because if u can speak in english, you wont get lost in the south, but in d north u need an interpreter in some cases. The northern ppl, even the educated ones dont like speaking english language. And more over sometime the language is sweet. Listen to these programmes

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediaselector/check/hausa/meta/tx/hausa_0530?size=au&bgc=003399&lang=ha&nbram=1&nbwm=1

and

http://www.voanews.com/hausa/webcasts.cfm
http://www.bbc.co.uk/hausa/

These are BBC and VOA hausa programmes, click the play sign and it will give u the idea of how the language is spoken. It is soft spoken language, with plenty of words, almost word for everything. The language specializes in borrowing from other languages. Infact it is more interesting when they are mixing it with english.
Re: Which Nigerian Language Is The Easiest To Learn? by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jan 11, 2009
If we take the 3 major languages I think Hausa is teh easiest to learn, followed by Yoruba. Igbo is too difficult for me. But if we take all the over 250 languages, then I don't think I can ever learn that Ebira even if i go to school of Ebira studies for 2 years. kai the language is too difficult, as my friends speak it.
Re: Which Nigerian Language Is The Easiest To Learn? by Perle(f): 5:10pm On Jan 15, 2009
I think yoruba language is the easiest language to learn
quite easy to grasp
Re: Which Nigerian Language Is The Easiest To Learn? by Ifygurl: 8:03pm On Jan 15, 2009
For me it's Igbo. Maybe it's because it's my original language.
Re: Which Nigerian Language Is The Easiest To Learn? by IGWEUSA(m): 8:15pm On Jan 15, 2009
Igbo, the universal language

1 Like

Re: Which Nigerian Language Is The Easiest To Learn? by mecylee(f): 10:55am On Jan 16, 2009
to meoo i am an igbo guy but i think house is the easiet to learn
Re: Which Nigerian Language Is The Easiest To Learn? by tamme: 1:38am On May 20, 2009
we know the answer already hausa
Re: Which Nigerian Language Is The Easiest To Learn? by uzwu: 8:58pm On May 27, 2009
Yoruba all the way grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Edjenu Festival Of The Okpara People Of Agbon Kingdom / Photos From The Procession Of Elehinle Festival In Okemesi, Ekiti State / Yoruba Cities, Towns And Villages- What Do Their Names Mean?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.