Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,159 members, 7,818,528 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:59 PM

American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread - Travel (66) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread (117876 Views)

US Based Nigerian Lady Shares How She Spends All Her Finances On Bills (pix/vid) / Us-based Ghanaian Lady Arrested In Attempt To Open Plane Door Mid-flight / Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (73) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by stonemasonn: 1:51am On Jul 05, 2019
Happy 4th of July everybody. Hope you’ll catching fun, mine started with a 10secs earthquake, but it’s been all fun so far.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jul 05, 2019
stonemasonn:
Happy 4th of July everybody. Hope you’ll catching fun, mine started with a 10secs earthquake, but it’s been all fun so far.

Hey, how are you?
I heard about the earthquake, I thought it was in LA
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by stonemasonn: 6:46pm On Jul 05, 2019
Backfornow:

Hey, how are you?
I heard about the earthquake, I thought it was in LA
southern California mostly, I was at Bakersfield.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jul 06, 2019
stonemasonn:

Are you good? I heard there was another one last night.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jul 06, 2019
stonemasonn:

Are you ok? I heard there was another one last night.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by stonemasonn: 8:24pm On Jul 06, 2019
Backfornow:

Are you ok? I heard there was another one last night.
Yes. Was taking a walk this time, I wasn't as freaked as the previous one. Thanks.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by radautoworks: 4:56am On Jul 09, 2019
stonemasonn:

Yes. Was taking a walk this time, I wasn't as freaked as the previous one. Thanks.

Yeeeaaah... Noooo... I'll take Texas flooding over quakes any day. Glad you're okay.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Dremca(m): 6:57am On Jul 09, 2019
Am just imagining how the ground will be shaking. It seems earthquake is one of the common natural disaster that happens in california.
radautoworks:

Yeeeaaah... Noooo... I'll take Texas flooding over quakes any day. Glad you're okay.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by stonemasonn: 9:49pm On Jul 20, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qy3REaKk2Q

It appeared recommended on my YouTube.
Just wanted to share.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nobody: 11:29am On Jul 23, 2019
SirWahl1:

I will give it a shot too. Been using WorldRemit since bossmoney gave me issues. The rate could go up to as much as $20 and as low as $5.
So am definitely going to try out wave next time.

Every dollar counts
Xoom is the better options, see more here: https://www.questechie.com/2019/07/how-to-transfer-paypal-funds-to-local-bank.html
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Holocene(m): 12:19pm On Jul 23, 2019
Hi guys, it's been a while. How are ya'll coping with this weather. I heard about some death due to the heat wave in the Eastern coast. Summer is my worst time of the year
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Thedream1900: 3:59pm On Jul 23, 2019
questechie:

Xoom is the better options, see more here: https://www.questechie.com/2019/07/how-to-transfer-paypal-funds-to-local-bank.html

Wave is way better than xoom. As of today 7/23/2019 (9AM Mountain Time), the exchange rate for xoom is 1$ to N350 plus $4.99 transaction fee for sending $100 to Nigeria.

However, for wave, the exchange rate is $1 to 353 with no transaction fee. With wave, sending $100 will deliver N35,300 to your recipient in Nigeria and you pay no transaction fee. In contrast, sending the same amount with Xoom will deliver N35,000 with $4.99 as transaction fee.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Drenimarcus(m): 4:09pm On Jul 23, 2019
Thedream1900:

Wave is way better than xoom. As of today 7/23/2019 (9AM Mountain Time), the exchange rate for xoom is 1$ to N350 plus $4.99 transaction fee for sending $100 to Nigeria.

However, for wave, the exchange rate is $1 to 353 with no transaction fee. With wave, sending $100 will deliver N35,300 to your recipient in Nigeria and you pay no transaction fee. In contrast, sending the same amount with Xoom will deliver N35,000 with $4.99 as transaction fee.

World remit is 353 per $1 and 4.99 charge.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jul 23, 2019
Holocene:
Hi guys, it's been a while. How are ya'll coping with this weather. I heard about some death due to the heat wave in the Eastern coast. Summer is my worst time of the year

It sucks! I've complained and whined about it since summer started. I'm ready for fall already.
Currently,i'm happy to go to work my 12 hr shifts bc I know that the AC will be blasting at needing sweater like levels. Plus I go in before it gets hot and leave after the sun has gone down, so I dont really need to use my AC.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Holocene(m): 9:16pm On Jul 23, 2019
Backfornow:

It sucks! I've complained and whined about it since summer started. I'm ready for fall already.
Currently,i'm happy to go to work my 12 hr shifts bc I know that the AC will be blasting at needing sweater like levels. Plus I go in before it gets hot and leave after the sun has gone down, so I dont really need to use my AC.
Yeah, I'm also on 12 hrs night shifts so I miss the freaking heat. I've been a night owl for a while now and loving it.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Holocene(m): 9:19pm On Jul 23, 2019
Thedream1900:

I'm still stuck with Western Union because my bank flags xoom and Wave as fraudulent activity and blocks the transaction. WU is 348 as at yesterday with $2 charge for me
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nobody: 10:57pm On Jul 23, 2019
Hey guys,
There is this lovely, Nigerian-American we be talking for many months now. She is single mother.
We been talking about getting married when she comes to Naija and then process a visa that will bring me over there. She said it only take between 2-3 months to get the visa after processing.

Please, how long can this take? And what other vital informations do you think I should know regarding this.

Thanks
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Drenimarcus(m): 1:11am On Jul 24, 2019
peerless0012:
Hey guys,
There is this lovely, Nigerian-American we be talking for many months now. She is single mother.
We been talking about getting married when she comes to Naija and then process a visa that will bring me over there. She said it only take between 2-3 months to get the visa after processing.

Please, how long can this take? And what other vital informations do you think I should know regarding this.

Thanks

Kindly check Uscis.gov. All you need is all there including the processing times. Goodluck

2 Likes

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nobody: 6:37am On Jul 24, 2019
Drenimarcus:

Kindly check Uscis.gov. All you need is all there including the processing times. Goodluck

Thank you
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nobody: 10:51am On Jul 24, 2019
What is your chance of getting employment in the States if you are educated in Naija up to Master's level.

Do one still have to start afresh?
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by 7Alexandre: 10:59am On Jul 24, 2019
Holocene:

I'm still stuck with Western Union because my bank flags xoom and Wave as fraudulent activity and blocks the transaction. WU is 348 as at yesterday with $2 charge for me

Have you tried Transferwise?

Transferwise offers a better rate than Western Union...

That's what I use to send money back home to Family Members in Nigeria...

It goes directly to their Bank Accounts...
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jul 24, 2019
peerless0012:
What is your chance of getting employment in the States if you are educated in Naija up to Master's level.
Do one still have to start afresh?
Master in what? It depends.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jul 24, 2019
123JohnF:

Master in what? It depends.

Science based course Medical/Health Physics
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nobody: 3:46pm On Jul 24, 2019
peerless0012:

Science based course Medical/Health Physics
Maybe, more jobs in teaching in Universities but some high schools hire teachers with Master. Jobs in Universities it's hard to get, high school teacher can be at the beginning. Research jobs also and also hard to get. This is generic. Here you will need to specialize in a specific field for to see more opportunities. and in what location will you live.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jul 24, 2019
123JohnF:

Maybe, more jobs in teaching in Universities but some high schools hire teachers with Master. Jobs in Universities it's hard to get, high school teacher can be at the beginning. Research jobs also and also hard to get. This is generic. Here you will need to specialize in a specific field for to see more opportunities. and in what location will you live.

Please, can I chat with you outside of here? I do not want to reveal too much information here. thanks
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by stonemasonn: 8:49pm On Aug 04, 2019
My pipu in Texasand Oregon, hope you'll safe?.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by AlanKlein: 5:19pm On Aug 21, 2019
Good evening all,
Please I would like to know if it's possible for a Nigerian student Studying in another country to land a summer job in the Us?
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nobody: 12:23am On Aug 22, 2019
AlanKlein:
Good evening all,
Please I would like to know if it's possible for a Nigerian student Studying in another country to land a summer job in the Us?
Google Visa Work & Travel
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by stonemasonn: 4:56pm On Aug 25, 2019
Hello all, I've been hearing talks about a looming recession. What do you all think?

I aslo watched this interesting video on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvymyRS0Vug#
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by radautoworks: 11:57am On Aug 27, 2019
AlanKlein:
Good evening all,

Nope
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by oluwarichie(m): 1:28am On Aug 29, 2019
Hello house, a friend was granted asylum, and now hold a 10year P.R. wants to know if she can visit other african countries?
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by hammed71(m): 10:09am On Aug 29, 2019
oluwarichie:
Hello house, a friend was granted asylum, and now hold a 10year P.R. wants to know if she can visit other african countries?
As long as it is not her country, she can visit other African countries because when she gets back to the us and the CBP sees she got her green card through asylum they would ask her if she visited her country if she says yes they would revoke her green card , because why would you go to the country they are persecuting you. I sent you a pm, I want to make some enquiries.

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (73) (Reply)

Students In Switzerland/ Nigerians Living In Switzerland, your Experiences Here! / Port Harcourt Lockdown: What I Saw Around The City Yesterday- PICTURES / The Following Countries Are Visa-free For Nigerian Passport Holders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.