Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,269 members, 7,849,961 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 12:13 PM

Aondokaa,barred From Entering The United States - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aondokaa,barred From Entering The United States (10580 Views)

Police Prevents Wike And Amaechi From Entering Mile One Police Station (Pics) / Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb / Igbinedion Barred From Entering US - SaharaReporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aondokaa,barred From Entering The United States by dexmond: 8:20am On Jun 27, 2010
[size=14pt]The father has eaten sour grape, but the childrens' teeth are set on edge! Andoaaka, see what you caused your children, they are now seen as children of a criminal. [/size]
Re: Aondokaa,barred From Entering The United States by ROCKJ1(m): 12:37pm On Jun 27, 2010
I’ve not been banned from U.S. –Aondoakaa
From Taiwo Amodu, Abuja
Sunday, June 27, 2010

Aondoakaa
Photo: Sun News Publishing
More Stories on This Section
Former Attorney-General of the Federation and Justice Minister, Michael Aondoakaa, has denied media reports that he has been banned from entering the United States. An online publication had reported that the entry visa of the former justice minister who is on an international assignment with the United Nations has been revoked.

It also reported that a foreign account in South Africa, with staggering sum of $44 million, belonging to the former AGF had also been frozen.
Reacting to the report yesterday in Abuja through his special assistant (media), Mr. Onov Tyuluugh, the former justice minister dismissed it as unfounded.

Aondoakaa who told journalists that his entry visa to the United States remains intact, said: “I have not been banned from entering the United States and I have my visa intact. Secondly, none of my relatives has a student visa to the United States as claimed by a media report. Therefore, the US Government cannot revoke what they did not issue.

“The publication is a great misconception of how the US State Department works. The issue of revocation of visa of any foreigner, including student visa, cannot be a matter for the President of the US, who is considered to be the leader of the world. It is a matter of State Department which ends on the table of the Secretary of State.”
He also denied that a sum of $44 million belonging to him in a South African bank was allegedly frozen, submitting that he has no such account and has never visited the country.

“I have no single bank account in the United States or any foreign bank account anywhere in the world, including South Africa. I have not visited South Africa throughout my lifetime. The allegation of freezing $44million transaction and linking me with it is an April Fool story. I have not done any transaction with anybody anywhere in the world.”

He expressed surprise that the United States, which endorsed his candidature and gave him maximum support when he was nominated into the Governing Council of the United Nations, was now being linked with a spurious allegation of visa denial.

“My being a member of the Governing Council of a UN body was through an election and the U.S. Government voted for my candidature. There was an agreement sent by Nigerian Foreign Affairs Ministry to all countries, including the U.S. before I was elected. The US Government supported and voted for me during the election in 2009 in Rome. Apart from the US, France, Britain, Germany and all the superpowers voted for me. The records are there.”
Re: Aondokaa,barred From Entering The United States by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jun 27, 2010
What do you expect from a drowning man ? Rubbish
Re: Aondokaa,barred From Entering The United States by paddylo1(m): 1:10pm On Jun 27, 2010
^^

It is not rubbish,cause u Nigerians like to hyper ventilate over nothing
Aandokaa was never banned

I suspected this story was bogus all along,Now its 10pages of arguing over nothing
Whomever posted this crap should be barred from entering Nairaland. . . . cool
Re: Aondokaa,barred From Entering The United States by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jun 27, 2010
Does that change the status quo that he's corrupt and fraudulent;therefore,should be prosecuted.
Re: Aondokaa,barred From Entering The United States by dexmond: 1:26pm On Jun 27, 2010
Who do we now believe? I think it is reasonable to still go with the report as a drowning man will cleave to a straw.
Re: Aondokaa,barred From Entering The United States by Kobojunkie: 2:12pm On Jun 27, 2010
dexmond:

Who do we now believe? I think it is reasonable to still go with the report as a drowning man will cleave to a straw.

I have, from day one, not been able to verify this story and the article has it that Aondoakaa was elected back in 2008. I am however, still not certain about what his current status is, and there is the chance that this man is actually not as dirty as we would like to think either.
Re: Aondokaa,barred From Entering The United States by paddylo1(m): 4:00pm On Jun 27, 2010
I have, from day one, not been able to verify this story and the article has it that Aondoakaa was elected back in 2008. I am however, still not certain about what his current status is, and there is the chance that this man is actually not as dirty as we would like to think either.

All of a sudden u are unable to verify the story abi?

When i was telling u 5pages back that this so-called ban is redundant and irrelevant,u were arguing with me like your life depended on it. . lol

better stick to supporting the fake ban. . dont try and wriggle out now. . lol
Re: Aondokaa,barred From Entering The United States by Kobojunkie: 4:17pm On Jun 27, 2010
ElRazur

@Kobo remember say you go born pickin one day sha o. Your sins would be taken out on them.

I can't believe I missed that.

I already consider that today, and everyday, and that is the major reason why I try as much as I can to stay clean so my Children can openly BOAST of how, even when life leads me through the valley of death/hell, I walked through it with my hands clean. Above all things, I want to die a non-tribalist, non thieving, successful( not in how much I have or am worth) Nigerian. Break that mold!
Re: Aondokaa,barred From Entering The United States by igboboy1(m): 8:33pm On Jun 27, 2010
US state department surces told Saharareporters that the travel ban on Aondoakaa would also be extended two of his children or relative who were granted student visas. We could not confirm if these two are currently in the US. However, we could confirm three  of Aondoakaa's daughters are currentliving in London with his second wife Susan.

Two of them are attending college in London while a third one attends a private school.
Elizabeth Aondoakaa attends  City University Of London and Anna Aondoakaa is a student at the University of  Surrey, the youngest daughter Susan Nwese Aondoakaa is at private primary school in Lonodn.

Our sources further revealed that two boys Akugha Aondoakaa and Samuel Aondoakaa and another daughter from his second wife, now lives in London with Aondoakaa's first wife, Susan. [b]The second wife lives in a secret mansion in the Rayfield GRA area in Jos [/b]where Aondoakaa mostly hid exotic cars he received from various extortion schemes while he was AGF are kept.

rubbish article, is susan the first or second wife? Is she in London or in jos, Please saharanews na tabloid and no be authenthic journalistic media, Make una dey look article critically including the source before commenting like anuofias
Re: Aondokaa,barred From Entering The United States by ElRazur: 9:19pm On Jun 27, 2010
So the story is rubbish and the Daughters are free to ride in their alleged Lamborghinis in London while the majority lavish in poverty in Nigeria? I don't know about you, but sounds like a happy ending to me. grin

What a useless thread! grin
Re: Aondokaa,barred From Entering The United States by Kobojunkie: 10:03pm On Jun 27, 2010
I am pissed that this is likely not true. I still hope the US bans all the lot of those corrupt mongrels, and other countries follow suit. It is not enough anymore to freeze assets, if suggesting they and accomplices be banned, is the next move by the EFCC, I am with it.
Re: Aondokaa,barred From Entering The United States by Kobojunkie: 3:31pm On Jul 02, 2010
Oya, round 2!
Re: Aondokaa,barred From Entering The United States by bkbabe99: 5:43pm On Jul 02, 2010
Ok, this story is weird, and I dont know who to believe. hehehehehhe. Here's my suggestion:

Dear Mr Aoddomkaaaka (I hope I spelled your name right, if not forgive me),

It has been claimed that the U.S govt has barred u from entering this heaven on earth, you've denied it as the rabid rantings of your detractors. This is clearly a "call-out" by haters. And, in the hood "all call-outs are mandatory"! Meaning, u gotta show us that your haters are just sipping on Haterade cus of your success. So, here's what u gotta do! Buy a ticket to J.F.K airport, let us know the date of your arrival so we can have cameras handy. If u arent detained by the U.S Govt on arrival, and are not hauled off disgracefully in shackles, then clearly your detractors have been guzzling bucketfuls of Hater-juice. If this is the case, remember to head first to 5th Ave and take maaad pictures of u shopping like a Hollywood ho; I'll gleefully help u post the pics on here to show your haters. Now, if the opposite is the case and those big, burly, scary-looking white-boy Govt agents handcuff your nuts to your neck while connecting it to your wrists, then, oh boy. . . dont write me or call "collect" cus I dont like doing all that 3-way call shiyyt for locked up folks! Remember, if u make it in here; 5th Ave baaabbeeyyy, 5th motherrrfuckixng Ave!!!
Re: Aondokaa,barred From Entering The United States by agabaI23(m): 9:28am On Jul 03, 2010
ROCK-J:

I’ve not been banned from U.S. –Aondoakaa
From Taiwo Amodu, Abuja
Sunday, June 27, 2010

Aondoakaa
Photo: Sun News Publishing
More Stories on This Section
Former Attorney-General of the Federation and Justice Minister, Michael Aondoakaa, has denied media reports that he has been banned from entering the United States. An online publication had reported that the entry visa of the former justice minister who is on an international assignment with the United Nations has been revoked.

It also reported that a foreign account in South Africa, with staggering sum of $44 million, belonging to the former AGF had also been frozen.
Reacting to the report yesterday in Abuja through his special assistant (media), Mr. Onov Tyuluugh, the former justice minister dismissed it as unfounded.

Aondoakaa who told journalists that his entry visa to the United States remains intact, said: “I have not been banned from entering the United States and I have my visa intact. Secondly, none of my relatives has a student visa to the United States as claimed by a media report. Therefore, the US Government cannot revoke what they did not issue.

“The publication is a great misconception of how the US State Department works. The issue of revocation of visa of any foreigner, including student visa, cannot be a matter for the President of the US, who is considered to be the leader of the world. It is a matter of State Department which ends on the table of the Secretary of State.”
He also denied that a sum of $44 million belonging to him in a South African bank was allegedly frozen, submitting that he has no such account and has never visited the country.

“I have no single bank account in the United States or any foreign bank account anywhere in the world, including South Africa. I have not visited South Africa throughout my lifetime. The allegation of freezing $44million transaction and linking me with it is an April Fool story. I have not done any transaction with anybody anywhere in the world.”

He expressed surprise that the United States, which endorsed his candidature and gave him maximum support when he was nominated into the Governing Council of the United Nations, was now being linked with a spurious allegation of visa denial.

“My being a member of the Governing Council of a UN body was through an election and the U.S. Government voted for my candidature. There was an agreement sent by Nigerian Foreign Affairs Ministry to all countries, including the U.S. before I was elected. The US Government supported and voted for me during the election in 2009 in Rome. Apart from the US, France, Britain, Germany and all the superpowers voted for me. The records are there.”

He has been banned!
Friday, July 2, 2010
We've revoked Aondoakaa's visa - US

Emeka Madunagu and Comfort Oseghale

The United States Government on Thursday confirmed that it had barred Nigeria's former Attorney-General and Minister of Justice, Chief Michael Aondoakaa, SAN, from entering its territory.

Michael Aondoakaa (SAN)

advertisement

A blog, Saharareporters.com, had reported on Thursday last week that US President Barack Obama ordered the revocation of Aondoakaa's visa for unspecified links to corruption.

Aondoakaa swiftly denied the report, saying that he had not received any communication from either the US Department of State or the US Embassy in Abuja to that effect.

He had said, "In the first instance, the revocation of visa of a citizen entering the US does not go through Obama. It is just a matter of the state department revoking your visa."

However, the US Embassy in Abuja, through one of its top officials, confirmed to one of our correspondents that the former AGF and his family had indeed been barred from entering the United States.

Reading from a prepared text on the telephone, the diplomat said, "The United States has indeed revoked the visa of the former Attorney-General and Minister of Justice, Mr. Michael Aondoakaa, pursuant to Presidential Proclamation 7750, which provides authority to deny entry to the United States to persons with links to corruption."

Prodded for further details, the diplomat said the information was restricted to the text.

By this development, Aondoakaa's position as a member of the governing council of the United Nations Institute for Unification of Private Laws may be hampered.

Former US President George W. Bush had on January 12, 2004 signed Proclamation 7750, to restrict foreign officials and their family members allegedly linked to corruption.

The full text of the proclamation is posted on http://edocket.access.gpo.gov/2004/pdf/04-957.pdf.

The proclamation had earlier been used to bar a former governor of Plateau State, Chief Joshua Dariye, and his family from entering the US in 2004, . . . . .
http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201007023472189

Tell Mr Andoaaka that he lied as usual.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Italian Who Donated Controversial Church To GEJ's Hometown Is Dead / Redrawn Map Of Africa, With New Borders(check The Pic) / I Am Not Under Investigation By EFCC - Okonjo-iweala

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.