Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,207 members, 7,829,318 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:01 AM

Aondokaa,barred From Entering The United States - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aondokaa,barred From Entering The United States (10571 Views)

Police Prevents Wike And Amaechi From Entering Mile One Police Station (Pics) / Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb / Igbinedion Barred From Entering US - SaharaReporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aondokaa,barred From Entering The United States by Eddeux(m): 9:29pm On Jun 25, 2010
It's a shame that a foreign country had to call this guy out.
Re: Aondokaa,barred From Entering The United States by majesty12(m): 10:21pm On Jun 25, 2010
Obama has made naija people proud. There's something bothering me though,they should also place a ban on much dollars they move about with.
Re: Aondokaa,barred From Entering The United States by kech(f): 4:11am On Jun 26, 2010
Guys whats all these arguing back and forth. I'm glad to see this development from the US and I totally understand those of you who said the children should have been left out of it. Infact, believe it or not, I'm starting to feel a little bit sorry for them shocked or so I think undecided But I'm amazed at how personal some people are taking it. The US must really be the "all and all" then. If a country says you are not welcome, you go somewhere else. Abi you sef no get country? For those of you bringing God into the equation, this is not about God. Those of you saying [i]"How would you feel if God punishes you for the sins of your father" [/i]and all that. Well, that's why God is God and man is man. I get you. Really. But that's not the point. This Aondokaa's issue with the US and his kids is not about religion or forgiveness or punishment. Everyone knows the US has ZERO tolerance on immigration issues; moreso when it involves foreign corrupt officials, criminals, dictators and their families. They don't do it to punish the families of these people, they do it mainly to seal ALL loopholes and ties the corrupt official/criminal may have to the US. This way, the family
1)The families CAN NOT exile to the US; which is what most of them eventually do.
2)The families CAN NOT easily open businesses/ accounts which may be used as proxies to store or launder ill gotten wealth. Remember, the  US can freeze the criminal's accounts but they can't freeze those of the families. The family didn't commit the crime; doesn't mean they can't be used to siphon money.

It is harsh, I know, but some times you gotta do what you gotta do. When the US wants to hit you, they hit hard and sometimes people around you suffer. Right now I have an uncle who can not enter the US because his ex- wife overstayed her visitors visa and stayed back in the US until she got a green card. Would you say that's fair?. No. The poor man could not attend any of his son's weddings and baby dedications in the US because of the "sins" of his ex-wife. He never knew of her plan until she was supposed to return and didn't. Anytime he goes to the embassy they give him the same reason. [i]"We can't issue you a visa cos your wife defaulted on immigration rules." [/i]Chikena! That's it! And there's nothing you can do! To them, he may have been in on it, and no amount of appeals can convince them otherwise. The only way he can ever enter the US again is if any of his sons eventually becomes a citizen and files for him to come into the US as an immigrant. When children who are citizens of the US file for their parents to come over, it usually goes through. Unless you are on the US blacklist.

The point is. Rules are rules. It may not be fair but thats just the way the cookie crumbles. The same rule applies to other corrupt officials and their families. If their kids are in the US today or are able to visit, its because they were probably already US citizens or Green Card holders before whatever sanction was placed. If they are US citizens the US can't do anything to them; If they are green card holders, the US may or may not revoke their status. That will depend on further investigation of their lifestyles and woe betide them if they find any link of corrupt activities. Perfect excuse for deportation. The Aondokaa kids, and I guess other family members unfortunately, have no link to the US, so the US will make sure it stays so. How will they do that? By blocking access. It's as easy as that.

You guys should relax. If the US says "don't come", there are other countries. I doubt if the UK will follow suit. They are usually not tough with these things, unless he/she is the person involved. Even if they do, like someone said, China no send. They can always go there. Or maybe stay in Naija kpa kpa. They should go to their state, live in opulence, and go to babangida and obasanjo private schools. Shikena. No one will do anything. Abi no be naija again? Their likes are walking around free in naija with no hassles. In fact, they will even have more fun in Naija.  If they really need to live and school "abroad" they can go Australia or New Zealand. At least they speak English there. So you see, it's not that bad for the kids. grin
Re: Aondokaa,barred From Entering The United States by 1Emmy: 4:35am On Jun 26, 2010
But his kids will also enjoy his money, so let them also suffer his sins
Re: Aondokaa,barred From Entering The United States by Nobody: 4:37am On Jun 26, 2010
1Emmy:

But his kids will also enjoy his money, so let them also suffer his sins
There's a possibility that they wont. . . depends on how close the family is undecided
Re: Aondokaa,barred From Entering The United States by 1Emmy: 4:41am On Jun 26, 2010
FL Gators:

There's a possibility that they wont. . . depends on how close the family is undecided
who caters for them in abroad? i hope you know we are not kids
Re: Aondokaa,barred From Entering The United States by Nobody: 4:43am On Jun 26, 2010
1Emmy:

who caters for them in abroad? i hope you know we are not kids
Oh really? oops.

They're adults that can support themselves. And are you assuming that their father should not support them? There's a possibility that they're innocent in all this shenanagans.
Re: Aondokaa,barred From Entering The United States by ElRazur: 4:47am On Jun 26, 2010
Gator you no dey tire?

Come over to romance jare, let's play. I'm lonely. grin
Re: Aondokaa,barred From Entering The United States by 1Emmy: 4:51am On Jun 26, 2010
FL Gators:

Oh really? oops.

They're adults that can support themselves. And are you assuming that their father should not support them? There's a possibility that they're innocent in all this shenanagans.
Don't misunderstand me, they father is in charge of everything, and the man's family is not in any kind of controversy.
You know Andoaakaa and you know how stringent U.S is in dealing with corruption.
Re: Aondokaa,barred From Entering The United States by Nobody: 4:54am On Jun 26, 2010
1Emmy:

Don't misunderstand me, they father is in charge of everything, and the man's family is not in any kind of controversy.
You know Andoaakaa and you know how stringent U.S is in dealing with corruption.
ROTFLMAO, WTF? How are you so sure? Have you sat with them at a dinner table?

I have friends that are their own dependents. They financially support themselves. . . .so. . . . anymore assumption you want to make? smiley

ElRazur:

Gator you no dey tire?

Come over to romance jare, let's play. I'm lonely. grin
No thanks.
Re: Aondokaa,barred From Entering The United States by 1Emmy: 4:57am On Jun 26, 2010
FL Gators:

ROTFLMAO, WTF? How are you so sure? Have you sat with them at a dinner table?

I have friends that are their own dependents. They financially support themselves. . . .so. . . . anymore assumption you want to make? smiley

No thanks.
lol
You are beginning to lie.
Re: Aondokaa,barred From Entering The United States by Nobody: 4:58am On Jun 26, 2010
1Emmy:

lol
You are beginning to lie.
About what exactly?
Re: Aondokaa,barred From Entering The United States by ROCKJ1(m): 11:54am On Jun 26, 2010
ban or no ban into the US, There is Dubai, there is Canada, there is the schengen states, they will relocate to other places. these politicians are clever too.
Re: Aondokaa,barred From Entering The United States by Abadu: 1:53pm On Jun 26, 2010
the kids are not innocent , after all, some actually steal our money so that their children will never be poor
Re: Aondokaa,barred From Entering The United States by prodam(m): 2:07pm On Jun 26, 2010
this is a development
and also a something of reference
can such BAN by Nigeria be placed on any foreigner especially one from the most powerful nation U.S.A
why does his illegitimate and superfluous immunity not wok for him
our leaders act right and no compromise of rule of law
great Obama !!!
but am not in support of that done on his kids
Re: Aondokaa,barred From Entering The United States by sessy2(f): 3:07pm On Jun 26, 2010
Aondokaa don use mikano generator as pendant let him enjoy.
Re: Aondokaa,barred From Entering The United States by Princek12(m): 6:42pm On Jun 26, 2010
ROCK-J:

ban or no ban into the US, There is Dubai, there is Canada, there is the schengen states, they will relocate to other places. these politicians are clever too.

I hope Dubai and Canada ban them, too. Why must they seek enjoyment in other countries with stolen funds, when they can develop their homeland with the said stolen funds?
Re: Aondokaa,barred From Entering The United States by OAM4J: 4:23am On Jun 27, 2010

I Was Not Banned From Entering The US, Says Aondooaka

FORMER Attorney of the Federation and Minister for Justice, Mr. Michael Aondooaka, yesterday strongly denied speculations that he had been banned from entering the United States. He has also denied that any relative of his had his student visa revoked.
Reacting to media reports on his banking and business interests in South Africa and other parts of the world, the former chief law officer of the country, in a statement by his Special Assistant, Mr. Onov Tyuluugh, said: “I have not been banned from entering the United States and I have my visa intact. Secondly, none of my relatives has a student visa to the United States, as claimed by some publications. Therefore, the US Government cannot revoke what they did not issue.
“The publication is a great misconception of how the US State Department works. The issue of revocation of visa of any foreigner, including student visa, cannot be a matter for the President of the US, who is considered to be the leader of the world. It is a matter of State Department, which ends on the table of the Secretary of State.
“I have no single bank account in the United States and any foreign bank account anywhere in the world, including South Africa. I have not visited South Africa throughout my lifetime. The allegation of freezing a $44million transaction and linking me with it is an April fool story. I have no foreign account anywhere in the world and I have not done any transaction with anybody anywhere in the world.
“When the publication came online on Wednesday and several newspapers brought it to my attention, I contacted the US Embassy in Nigeria, and a person, who described himself as the Deputy Head of Mission, told me that they have no instruction from Washington to revoke my visa.
“My being a member of the Governing Council of a UN body was through an election and the US Government voted for my candidature. The US Government supported and voted for me during the election, in 2009, in Rome. Apart from the US, France, Britain, Germany and all the super powers voted for me. The records are there for anybody to access. So, it is a blatant and reckless story calculated to embarrass me. I am not a security risk anywhere in the world.”

http://ww2.guardiannewsngr.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=15027:i-was-not-banned-from-entering-the-us-says-aondooaka&catid=1:national&Itemid=559
Re: Aondokaa,barred From Entering The United States by Kobojunkie: 4:30am On Jun 27, 2010
Oh boy!!! Sahara Reporters pulled one on us again!! So, who is going to make sure that such does not happen again? cry
Re: Aondokaa,barred From Entering The United States by Nobody: 4:33am On Jun 27, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Oh boy!!! Sahara Reporters pulled one on us again!! So, who is going to make sure that such does not happen again? cry
This is what I was talking abt.

These reporters should be sued.

Reporting news they're unsure of.

Even if he wasnt banned, doesnt mean he might not be a scammer.
Re: Aondokaa,barred From Entering The United States by Kobojunkie: 4:37am On Jun 27, 2010
I did find it suspicious that no other news outlet had reported similar. Well, since Aondoakaa is a lawyer, I would ideally expect him to make sure that this paper and any other does not repeat similar but I doubt the man will do much more than just telling us that it is all false.
Re: Aondokaa,barred From Entering The United States by Nobody: 4:39am On Jun 27, 2010
Kobojunkie:

I did find it suspicious that no other news outlet had reported similar. Well, since Aondoakaa is a lawyer, I would ideally expect him to make sure that this paper and any other does not repeat similar but I doubt the man will do much more than just telling us that it is all false.
So do I get some kinda apology from you?

The fact that the kids were also ban should have been enough to tell ya that it is false. USA is not that. . . . whatz the word?
Re: Aondokaa,barred From Entering The United States by Kobojunkie: 4:45am On Jun 27, 2010
FL Gators:

So do I get some kinda apology from you?

The fact that the kids were also ban should have been enough to tell ya that it is false. USA is not that. . . . whatz the word?

Apology for?
Re: Aondokaa,barred From Entering The United States by Nobody: 4:49am On Jun 27, 2010
Nothing.Good thing I wasnt holding my breath.
Re: Aondokaa,barred From Entering The United States by Kobojunkie: 4:59am On Jun 27, 2010
If you ask me, I think you ought to be the one out there apologizing to the DOJ (US). You jumped to some really serious conclusions on this which I tried to get you to see earlier but I guess you were already set that they were clean and so the US had to be the wrong party.
** shrugs shoulder***
Re: Aondokaa,barred From Entering The United States by Nobody: 5:05am On Jun 27, 2010
Kobojunkie:

If you ask me, I think you ought to be the one out there apologizing to the DOJ (US). You jumped to some really serious conclusions on this  which I tried to get you to see earlier but I guess you were already set that they were clean and so the US had to be the wrong party.
** shrugs shoulder***
I was protecting the identity of two ppl who were incriminated without any justifiable evidence. I dont need to apologize. Kobojunkie, I never concluded that they were clean or guilty. I was playing with "Possibilities" and "Ifs" and "Buts".

You on the other hand . . . . YOU. . . . I will not comment.
Re: Aondokaa,barred From Entering The United States by OAM4J: 5:10am On Jun 27, 2010
Gator, did u have a sexchange?

Very funny, you and kobo now have false sex identities. . . sorry, mean sexchange  grin
Re: Aondokaa,barred From Entering The United States by Kobojunkie: 5:13am On Jun 27, 2010
FL Gators:

I was protecting the identity of two ppl who were incriminated without any justifiable evidence. I dont need to apologize. Kobojunkie, I never concluded that they were clean or guilty. I was playing with "Possibilities" and "Ifs" and "Buts".

You on the other hand . . . . YOU. . . . I will not comment.

That is bull!!! You rushed to judgement and made yourself PROTECTOR of two people who are adults and probably guilty. That is A CONCLUSION on your part.

I, on the other hand? If you closely analyze everyone of my post, you will quickly gather than I based it all on the IF this is true platform. That is NOT what you did and continued to do though. wink
Re: Aondokaa,barred From Entering The United States by Nobody: 5:28am On Jun 27, 2010
LMSBO,  shocked

And you've been on the neutral side. Already condemning two people for no reason, if you had any reasonable one. If I'm wrong, plz list the reasons.

Like I said before. . . . I was toying with possibilities. And questioning the USA's legal move/ court judgment. "Innocent until Proven guilty" my flat azz lol.

Well, se oju e wo ni si yin.  undecided

One request: What judgments are you talking about exactly and can you plz quote me?

@OA4MJ
Yes mehn. . . .lol
Re: Aondokaa,barred From Entering The United States by Kobojunkie: 5:36am On Jun 27, 2010
FL Gators:

LMSBO,  shocked
And you've been on the neutral side. Already condemning two people for no reason, if you had any reasonable one. If I'm wrong, plz list the reasons.
Like I said before. . . . I was toying with possibilities. And questioning the USA's legal move/ court judgment. "Innocent until Proven guilty" my flat azz lol.
Well, se oju e wo ni si yin.  undecided
One request: What judgments are you talking about exactly and can you plz quote me?
@OA4MJ
Yes mehn. . . .lol

Sigh . . .  if you cannot see how STRONG and DIRECT and CONCLUSIVE Your tone has been so far on this, then there is no point at all. The good thing is . . . well . . . not really good considering it is possible the man is guilty of crimes and may never be brought to justice in Nigeria or outside. And who knows? The two gals may actually be helping him store stolen money or make use of it, who knows?
Until investigations are carried out by the EFCC( something I hope is already going on), and we hear or read of more on the man's case, we may probably never know. Who knows, we might wake up tommorow and read that Aoandoakaa is not corrupt or is an innocent man. Or we could read that his wife and family aided in funnelling money from the country or something. Who knows.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-468441.160.html
Re: Aondokaa,barred From Entering The United States by Nobody: 5:40am On Jun 27, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Sigh . . .  if you cannot see how STRONG and DIRECT and CONCLUSIVE Your tone has been so far on this, then there is no point at all. The good thing is . . . well . . . not really good considering it is possible the man is guilty of crimes and may never be brought to justice in Nigeria or outside. And who knows? The two gals [size=18pt]may[/size] actually be helping him store stolen money or make use of it, who knows?
Until investigations are carried out by the EFCC( something I hope is already going on), and we hear or read of more on the man's case, we may probably never know. Who knows, we might wake up tommorow and read that Aoandoakaa is not corrupt or is an innocent man. Or we could read that his wife and family aided in funnelling money from the country or something. Who knows.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-468441.160.html

May. . . . you dont say.

Anywaz, since we may never know. . . .
Re: Aondokaa,barred From Entering The United States by bidell1(f): 6:49am On Jun 27, 2010
SAHARA REPORTERS are bunch of liars,
How could they formulate these baseless stories and publish them as news? This is stupid and very unprofessional of them to say the least, The same way the reported that Goodluck paid a visit to Ya'adua when he returned from his treatment abroad and he (GJ) almost fainted. We heard later from the GJ that he never saw Ya'adua until his death, na wa o,

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Meet The Four (4) Biafra War Heroes Who Are Yoruba / "Government Overlooking Leaders Promoting Bloodletting, Brings Violence" - Shehu / I Will Take Nigeria To Greatness, Tinubu Vows

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.