Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,802 members, 7,827,950 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:57 PM

A Nairalander Teaches Guys How To Prepare Nigerian Jollof Rice - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / A Nairalander Teaches Guys How To Prepare Nigerian Jollof Rice (26117 Views)

The Best Food - American Man Tastes Nigerian Jollof Rice, Egusi & Fufu / Oyinbo People Queue To Buy Nigerian Jollof Rice From "Mama Put" In London. / Egg Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Egg Stew For Yam/rice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nairalander Teaches Guys How To Prepare Nigerian Jollof Rice by KingLennon(m): 5:05pm On Aug 21, 2018
Born2Breed:

You tried but still learning.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Teaches Guys How To Prepare Nigerian Jollof Rice by iheartellah(m): 5:07pm On Aug 21, 2018
People like me we no sabi cook anything need this! Thank you op!!

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Teaches Guys How To Prepare Nigerian Jollof Rice by GreatManBee: 5:09pm On Aug 21, 2018
consultancy:
Sunday 19th August 2018, i decide to walk into the kitchen and prepare jollof rice from scratch to finish. A feat i last actualized in 2010 during my last days in Unizik. Also thought it necessary to document all stages for my fellow guys who may not know how to cook; Ya'all can learn from this free tutorial.

First off I'l list all ingredients i used. You can use more or less, but have it in mind that the outcome of ur jollof rice depends on the ingredients used to prepare it and at what point they were added.

(1) 3 cups of rice
(2)chicken(or fish)
(3) 1 big ball of onion
(4)ginger and garlic
(5)pepper
(6)fresh tomato(or tin ones)
(7)crayfish
(coolnormal food spices
(9)seasoning powder( i used knnow cubes)
(10)Salt to taste
(11)2 fingers of plantain
(12)vegetable oil
(13)curry powder (or leaves)

Please be my friend.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Teaches Guys How To Prepare Nigerian Jollof Rice by ola12(m): 5:11pm On Aug 21, 2018
Its only in nigeria dat it's a special tin for men to knw how to cook. I used to think the same until I started watching food network nd realized that men cook even more than women

8 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Teaches Guys How To Prepare Nigerian Jollof Rice by boiz2men(m): 5:11pm On Aug 21, 2018
Born2Breed:

Nice one!

Breakfast...

Are you serious

Did you make this

I'm in love alalready
Re: A Nairalander Teaches Guys How To Prepare Nigerian Jollof Rice by Nobody: 5:13pm On Aug 21, 2018
consultancy:
Now wash your meat and place on fire. Add seasoning cubes, salt, curry, onion and thyme.
With the way I saw the meat stock I suspect that is chicken
Re: A Nairalander Teaches Guys How To Prepare Nigerian Jollof Rice by Goahead(m): 5:14pm On Aug 21, 2018
So Ghana is exporting Voltic to Nigeria too? undecided
Re: A Nairalander Teaches Guys How To Prepare Nigerian Jollof Rice by LilSmith55(m): 5:17pm On Aug 21, 2018
frbona:
how many chefs competitions have you won

The last time I checked the guy's cabinet it's seven....
Re: A Nairalander Teaches Guys How To Prepare Nigerian Jollof Rice by omooba969(m): 5:20pm On Aug 21, 2018
ola12:
Its only in nigeria dat it's a special tin for men to knw how to cook. I used to think the same until I started watching food network nd realized that men cook even more than women

Do you mean 'men are better cooks'?

Re: A Nairalander Teaches Guys How To Prepare Nigerian Jollof Rice by lalanice(f): 5:20pm On Aug 21, 2018
Born2Breed:

Nice one!

Breakfast...
shocked this cannot be one person's food.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Teaches Guys How To Prepare Nigerian Jollof Rice by MissMich(f): 5:21pm On Aug 21, 2018
you tried Op, I commend you for whipping up something as nice as this..although there's room for improvement
Re: A Nairalander Teaches Guys How To Prepare Nigerian Jollof Rice by Nobody: 5:21pm On Aug 21, 2018
Nice one, sir.

It's good that Nigerian men are cooking these days.. women aren't cooking machines.

When you get married I hope you continue with your nice dishes.

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Teaches Guys How To Prepare Nigerian Jollof Rice by Nobody: 5:22pm On Aug 21, 2018
IamAirforce1:
Cooking is the work of women .

I ain't learning shiit
You better learn it before they use that to deal with you.
Re: A Nairalander Teaches Guys How To Prepare Nigerian Jollof Rice by Nobody: 5:25pm On Aug 21, 2018
ola12:

You're not the only one that have noticed it. There was a particular time a guy cooked egusi soup and it hit FP, the soup was bad.. he even complained that the soup was bad yet ladies were absorbing him from blame by saying "it's okay you're a man " ,I was like 'so Nigerian men don't cook'?

5 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Teaches Guys How To Prepare Nigerian Jollof Rice by Rocktation(f): 5:25pm On Aug 21, 2018
Born2Breed:

Nice one!

Breakfast...

Is that the picture that is reigning for you people now? I have seen it on NL, nothing less than 10 times this August...

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Teaches Guys How To Prepare Nigerian Jollof Rice by SocialJustice: 5:27pm On Aug 21, 2018
Mud Jollof Rice. You try sha. I will still eat that sakpa if served by a guy, if girl try am, na yabbing I go take finish her. grin grin grin
Re: A Nairalander Teaches Guys How To Prepare Nigerian Jollof Rice by nextstep(m): 5:27pm On Aug 21, 2018
As for me, I used to cook (better than most girls I've been told), but as man's getting older, I've given up on cooking. Either somebody cooks for me (and I give them money to go to market), or I go out to Iya Ruka. Can't be bothered man.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Teaches Guys How To Prepare Nigerian Jollof Rice by King44(m): 5:28pm On Aug 21, 2018
Gbayi oga op, let me experiment
Re: A Nairalander Teaches Guys How To Prepare Nigerian Jollof Rice by hahahahahaha(m): 5:28pm On Aug 21, 2018
Born2Breed:

Nice one!

Breakfast...

Stealing other peoples picture. You should be ashamed of yourself.
Re: A Nairalander Teaches Guys How To Prepare Nigerian Jollof Rice by Nobody: 5:29pm On Aug 21, 2018
ola12:

Many African men rarely cook as they think cooking is a woman thing.They forget that there are times as a man you must cook for yourself. There are situations were no one would there to do the cooking by then you would understand better. Some may say they can visit restaurant to satisfy themselves but they forget that it cost more to buy cook food than eat outside.

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Teaches Guys How To Prepare Nigerian Jollof Rice by sparkle6(m): 5:30pm On Aug 21, 2018
chinsos! So what have i being cooking since? mellof rice?

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Teaches Guys How To Prepare Nigerian Jollof Rice by kenny714433(m): 5:42pm On Aug 21, 2018
Plz Op and chef in the house, why is it that anytime I steam my meat I normally end up eating it so strong and tasteless.
I do put all the ingredients on ground before boiling it for as long as 30mins hoping it will be soft and tasteful.
Plz watz the secrete of having a soft tasteful meat?

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Teaches Guys How To Prepare Nigerian Jollof Rice by alex81(m): 5:45pm On Aug 21, 2018
asuustrike1:

Many African men rarely cook as they think cooking is a woman thing.They forget that there are times as a man you must cook for yourself. There are situations were no one would there to do the cooking by then you would understand better. Some may say they can visit restaurant to satisfy themselves but they forget that it cost more to buy cook food than eat outside.
I don't understand the bolded.

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Teaches Guys How To Prepare Nigerian Jollof Rice by SarakiBukola: 5:48pm On Aug 21, 2018
Rocktation:

Is that the picture that is reigning for you people now? I have seen it on NL, nothing less than 10 times this August...

Don't mind the liar.

Was just about typing your exact message...

Seen the pix a lot of times here

Very funny some sex-starved goats are "already falling in love" for a fake pix and a very likely fake profile of a man using "f" to fool them

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Teaches Guys How To Prepare Nigerian Jollof Rice by sharpwriter(m): 5:49pm On Aug 21, 2018
alex81:

He simply confused himself grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Teaches Guys How To Prepare Nigerian Jollof Rice by Nobody: 5:49pm On Aug 21, 2018
alex81:
What that means is that you spend more money eating a good meal in a restaurant than one prepared by you.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Teaches Guys How To Prepare Nigerian Jollof Rice by Sterope(f): 5:51pm On Aug 21, 2018
Your food looks really good!

Isn't Jollof rice meant to be a one pot meal?
Re: A Nairalander Teaches Guys How To Prepare Nigerian Jollof Rice by alex81(m): 5:53pm On Aug 21, 2018
asuustrike1:

What that means is that you spend more money eating a good meal in a restaurant than one prepared by you.
okay

sharpwriter:

He simply confused himself grin grin grin
lol grin grin
Re: A Nairalander Teaches Guys How To Prepare Nigerian Jollof Rice by Just2endowed2(m): 5:53pm On Aug 21, 2018
ola12:

Even in bigger hotel, their top chefs are men
Re: A Nairalander Teaches Guys How To Prepare Nigerian Jollof Rice by sharpwriter(m): 5:54pm On Aug 21, 2018
kenny714433:
Plz Op and chef in the house, why is it that anytime I steam my meat I normally end up eating it so strong and tasteless.
I do put all the ingredients on ground before boiling it for as long as 30mins hoping it will be soft and tasteful.
Plz watz the secrete of having a soft tasteful meat?
That is why cooking is a skill...you have to know how to measure salt and maggi. Perhaps for 7-10 pieces of meat, use 4 cubes of magi, then like half teaspoon of salt, but let it be a little more than half. Let your water be at meat level or a little little above the meat because meat also adds water to the cooking. cook for 45 mins. But watch it frequently to prevent burning, and add little water to keep cooking if yu see it getting dried up ( yu may need the water to cook stew or something else). I use fork to test my meat. If fork enters, it is getting done or done (your discretion will help yu with that).

PS: no forget Onions o.....curry ot thyme is not also necessary, yu can only use if yu desire it.....the water remaining after cooking shouldnt be much or too dried up.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Teaches Guys How To Prepare Nigerian Jollof Rice by toprealman: 5:57pm On Aug 21, 2018
frbona:
On behalf of the wealthy bachelors on Nairaland,
I say thank you for this brilliant recipe. Looking forward to trying it myself. Yummy..... Am drolling already
so you must be "wealthy" to eat this type of. meal?
Poverty is a thing of the mind......no be bank statement oo.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Teaches Guys How To Prepare Nigerian Jollof Rice by ephraim18(m): 6:06pm On Aug 21, 2018
the face is not appetizing but might be tasty. anyway u still learning

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Top Five Tasty Nigerian Soups For Tourists / Where To Buy Unrefined SHEA-BUTTER In Lagos:08139458588 / This Thread Is For Food Lovers ( Foodies)..upload The Foods You Eat.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.