Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,485 members, 7,826,835 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 09:20 PM

Saraki: Tinubu Will Support Buhari On Hospital Stretcher To Succeed Him In 2023 - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki: Tinubu Will Support Buhari On Hospital Stretcher To Succeed Him In 2023 (44149 Views)

Tinubu Insists He Brought Buhari To Power And Will Succeed Him / I Will End Saraki, Tinubu’s Rift - Orji Uzor Kalu / Why Saraki, Tinubu Are Fighting – Afenifere (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Saraki: Tinubu Will Support Buhari On Hospital Stretcher To Succeed Him In 2023 by RexTramadol1: 10:59pm On Aug 20, 2018
APC in severe pains.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki: Tinubu Will Support Buhari On Hospital Stretcher To Succeed Him In 2023 by bibicici(f): 11:15pm On Aug 20, 2018
I believe that

1 Like

Re: Saraki: Tinubu Will Support Buhari On Hospital Stretcher To Succeed Him In 2023 by DAALHAJI: 11:23pm On Aug 20, 2018
Am loving this Saraki guy, he really knows his onions. Carry on, Sir

1 Like

Re: Saraki: Tinubu Will Support Buhari On Hospital Stretcher To Succeed Him In 2023 by senatordave1(m): 11:25pm On Aug 20, 2018
DAALHAJI:
Am loving this Saraki guy, he really knows his onions. Carry on, Sir
Yes and that onion scent will soon upset his sight

1 Like

Re: Saraki: Tinubu Will Support Buhari On Hospital Stretcher To Succeed Him In 2023 by luckyogor(m): 11:37pm On Aug 20, 2018
seunmsg:
Politics is all about interest, whether selfish or altruistic. In 2015, Tinubu wanted the vice presidency position while Saraki wanted to become Senate president. They both pursued their personal ambition that is within their rights. Attacking Tinubu based on his 2015 aspiration is plain silly.

As regards 2019, it is again all about interest, selfish or altruistic. Tinubu is supporting Buhari because his group will stand a good chance of getting the presidency in 2023. Igbo's are supporting Atiku with the hope that south east will get the vice presidency and subsequently get the presidency after his tenure. Atiku, Saraki, Tambuwal, Kwakwanso etc all rejoined PDP simply because of their presidential ambition. Power will go back to the south for 8 years if Buhari wins a second term. So, they have to fight it out with him now. Politics is all about interest, alignment, positioning and calculation.
Try and be fair and sensible in your analysis mr,tinubu is the one doing the fighting here,saraki has faced all laws of the land till date and scaled through,tinubu and saraki are both dogs,none are better than the other.

1 Like

Re: Saraki: Tinubu Will Support Buhari On Hospital Stretcher To Succeed Him In 2023 by reality1010: 11:38pm On Aug 20, 2018
ridwanomooba:
The Tinubu Rhetoric: My Response, by Dr. Abubakar Bukola Saraki

I have always restrained from joining issues in the media with Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu and this is based on my respect for him. However, I will not allow him to create a wrong, false and mischievous impression about the reasons for my decision to exit the All Progressives Congress (APC) and present his prejudice as facts for public consumption.

I have been consistent in my complaints to all leaders of the APC, including Tinubu, that a situation where the National Assembly is not constructively engaged or carried along in key policy decisions, particularly those that will eventually require legislative approval, is not in the best interest of the nation. No genuine leader of the legislature will be comfortable that the Presidency will simply write a terse letter to the National Assembly on key issues which the federal legislature is expected to later deliberate upon and give its approval. The Buhari administration consistently treats the legislature with contempt and acts as if the lawmaking body should be an appendage of the Executive. To me, this is unacceptable.

In the same way, I find it very objectionable that many stakeholders who worked strenuously to get the administration into office have now been excluded in the government and not consulted on key decisions as necessary and expected. In fact, some of them are treated as pariahs. A party that ignores justice, equity and inclusion as basic pre-conditions for peace, unity and stability cannot sustain its membership and leadership.

Let me redirect the attention of the former Governor of Lagos State to the aspect of my July 31, 2018, statement announcing my exit from APC in which I emphasized that the decision "has been inescapably imposed on me by certain elements and forces within the APC who have ensured that the minimum conditions for peace, cooperation, inclusion and a general sense of belonging did not exist".

In that statement, I further noted that those APC elements "have done everything to ensure that the basic rules of party administration, which should promote harmonious relations among the various elements within the party were blatantly disregarded. All governance principles which were required for a healthy functioning of the party and the government were deliberately violated or undermined. And all entreaties for justice, equity and fairness as basic precondition for peace and unity, not only within the party, but also the country at large, were simply ignored, or employed as additional pretext for further exclusion. The experience of my people and associates in the past three years is that they have suffered alienation and have been treated as outsiders in their own party. Thus, many have become disaffected and disenchanted. At the same time, opportunities to seek redress and correct these anomalies were deliberately blocked as a government-within-a-government had formed an impregnable wall and left in the cold, everyone else who was not recognized as “one of us”. This is why my people, like all self-respecting people would do, decided to seek accommodation elsewhere".

Tinubu himself will recall that during the various meetings he had with me at the time he was pursuing reconciliation within the APC, I raised all the above issues. I can also vividly recall that he himself always expressed his displeasure with the style of the government and also mentioned that he had equally suffered disrespect from the same government which we all worked to put in office. I also made the point that whatever travails I have gone through in the last three years belong to the past and will not shape my decisions now and in the future.

However, during those meetings, the point of disagreement between Tinubu and I is that while I expressed my worries that there is nothing on ground to assure me that the administrative style and attitude would change in the next four years in a manner that will enable us to deliver the positive changes we promised to our people, he (Tinubu) expressed a strong opinion that he would rather 'support a Buhari on the hospital stretcher' to get a second term because in 2023, power will shift to the South-west. This viewpoint of Tinubu’s was not only expressed to me but to several of my colleagues. So much for acting in national interest.

It is clear that while my own decision is based on protecting the collective national interest, Tinubu will rather live with the identified inadequacies of the government for the sake of fulfilling and preserving his presidential ambition in 2023. This new position of Tinubu has only demonstrated inconsistency — particularly when one reviews his antecedents over the years.

Again, let me reiterate my position that my uncertain and complex relationship with Tinubu has been continually defined by the event of 2014 when myself and other leaders of the APC opposed the Muslim-Muslim ticket arrangement about to be foisted on the APC for the 2015 polls. It should be noted that he has not forgotten the fact that I took the bull by the horns and told him that in the interest of the country, he should accept the need for the party to present a balanced ticket for the 2015 General Elections in terms of religion and geo-political zones. Since that time he has been very active; plotting at every point to undermine me, both within and outside the National Assembly.

It is a surprise to me that Asiwaju Tinubu is still peddling the falsehood about the fact that my defection is about automatic ticket and sharing of resources. Members of the public will recall that when the issue of my decision to quit APC came to the fore and many APC leaders were holding meetings with me, a newspaper owned by the same Tinubu published a false report about the promise of automatic tickets, oil blocks and other benefits. I immediately rebutted their claims and categorically stated that I never discussed any such personal and pecuniary benefits with anybody. My challenge that anybody who has contrary facts should come forward with them still remains open.

It should be known that Democracy is a system that allows people to freely make their choices. It is my choice that I have decided to join others to present a viable alternative platform for Nigerians in the coming elections. Tinubu and leaders of the APC had better respect this decision or lawfully deal with it. As for me, Allah gives power to whom He wishes. Human beings can only aspire and strive to fulfill their aspirations.

Signed:

Dr. Abubakar Bukola Saraki, CON
President of the Senate
Yorubas are devilish and evil minded.I wonder why God created them. Hope they r not the Moabites tribe we often read in the Bible. No wonder all the killings of Idoma, Tiv, Igbos, Plateau people, Taraba people, Adamawa people, Kaduna people and others never mean anything to them as far as their ambition for 2023 is not jeopardize.They shouted restructure and when given d opportunity they said it s not restructure that we need. From their religious leaders to everyone of them talk from both mouths.They spy ur meetings and play double standard in evry affairs.Always looking for corrupt means to success.Any govt they work with is always indentified with failure because they are afraid of inclusive system.Yorubas will always prefer the status quo to remain because they v nothing to offer. While d North will embark on agricultural revolution, d South south will make money or wealth with their oil and the Southeast have ingenuity in every thing including oil as a resources.Apart from Lagos state foundationed by Federal Government,all d rest states in Lagos r locals.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki: Tinubu Will Support Buhari On Hospital Stretcher To Succeed Him In 2023 by reality1010: 11:44pm On Aug 20, 2018
CSTR1005:

Where are you getting your history from?
it was dora akunyili in the national assembly that fought turai and her kitchen cabinet to force Jonathan to be sworn in .
Don't revise history here.

Jonathan gut 10million votes with his biggest base being igbos and the South South, Buhari got 12 million with unprecedented northern support and majority Yoruba votes .
Common sense shows that it was igbo support that prevented Jonathan from losing woefully given the odds.

Buhari claimed he got just 5% from the south East. Yes, because we didn't vote for him.
95% of our votes went to Jonathan which made the election very close.

The Yoruba on the other hand have always been perpetual opposition.
Hanging on to buhari coattails will not change that.

Apart from the SW states where else can Yoruba votes count? Even in the socalled SW states non Yorubas like Igbos compete very well with them. So what is the votes they r giving? The North has since washed the Yorubas away long ago that it was their votes that brought PMB to power.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Saraki: Tinubu Will Support Buhari On Hospital Stretcher To Succeed Him In 2023 by Nobody: 12:02am On Aug 21, 2018
Amumaigwe:

Saraki only divulged what Tinubu intimated him during a private reconciliatory meeting and you are punching the air refuting it even before Tinubu who is at the centre of the accusations. Were you at the meeting please? You so called sophisticated lots are really as funny as moro-ns.

It is only empty noise maker & weak minds that accepts propaganda as truth. The bitterness of mind & empty chest beating can make a falling man or generation to resort to blackmail. Saraki is a liar. That is why I reminded him that it was Obasanjo that advised APC to pick Buhari instead of Atiku, and it was Obj that advised against Muslim - Muslim ticket. You & your people are frustrated. No intelligent person will ever believed what you & your kinsmen have been busy analyzing on nairaland. If Tinubu had come up to say something, people like you would have still rejected it.
Re: Saraki: Tinubu Will Support Buhari On Hospital Stretcher To Succeed Him In 2023 by Nobody: 12:14am On Aug 21, 2018
obinoral1179:
the north will be enjoying the fight between the SE, SS and SW.... If buhari wins and APC decide to field a SW come 2023 if The PDP field a northern the north might win which will take them to 16 years rule so the SE better play their games well..... Because 2023 is between them and south west

No Northerner will ever vote for SE to be president of Nigeria, this is as ingrained in them as the Biafran war is ingrained in the pysche of the ibos. This is a deep seated thing. Ibos refuse to forget the civil war, well neither have the Northerners forgotten that Ibos killed their 2 greaters leaders in sardauna and Balewa, the difference is they dont go about making noise about it...but they havent forgotten.

Without northern vote, ibo cannot be president simple as.
Re: Saraki: Tinubu Will Support Buhari On Hospital Stretcher To Succeed Him In 2023 by Nobody: 12:21am On Aug 21, 2018
mysteryman2014:

All this power equation without consideration for the south east is a precipe for disaster. How can a whole political zone of a nation be so totally ignored in the country political equation.

Injustice to one is injustice to all.

they brought it upon themselves, how can one zone who dont have votes to make a difference be perpertually hostile to all zones, eventually others realise they can sideline them because so long as other zones are in alliance, the Se vote is redundant.
Re: Saraki: Tinubu Will Support Buhari On Hospital Stretcher To Succeed Him In 2023 by sexyanyabubakar(f): 12:55am On Aug 21, 2018
dukie25:
Baba Oloye, we dey your back gidigba.

2 Likes

Re: Saraki: Tinubu Will Support Buhari On Hospital Stretcher To Succeed Him In 2023 by dukecharles(m): 1:07am On Aug 21, 2018
BabaRamota1980:
Saraki is whipping up emotions of SEasterners for his cause. If he is so concerned about a balanced candidacy he should advise PDP to field Christain candidate as flagbearer. North has produced enough Muslim Presidents, its time for a Christian from North to rule.

So Christian Northern President and Southern Christ VP. Are you well at all?

Re: Saraki: Tinubu Will Support Buhari On Hospital Stretcher To Succeed Him In 2023 by kotv: 1:33am On Aug 21, 2018
For a selfish ambition to be president is the reason Yoruba wants that dinosaur back as president despite how terrible he ruled the first time. I cannot believe the level of greediness that emits from Yoruba. For some selfish ambition, they don't care how many lives dies and how much we fall. What kind of people are these people? I'm disgusted again by these people.

2 Likes

Re: Saraki: Tinubu Will Support Buhari On Hospital Stretcher To Succeed Him In 2023 by Toluensdollars(m): 2:09am On Aug 21, 2018
If u Bukola Saraki or Atiku Abubakar are the only option we have, concerning who will be slogging it out with President Muhammadu Buhari next year, i'd rather vote d president 20 times @ d polls if law permits me. Cos u and d other one, who's a former V.P, are nothing but thieves and one who's seeking for power at the expense of national interest. Bunch of thief's, Sai Buhari till 2023.
Re: Saraki: Tinubu Will Support Buhari On Hospital Stretcher To Succeed Him In 2023 by agabaI23(m): 2:13am On Aug 21, 2018
BENZINA:
There is something great about this man(Saraki) i still find difficult to explain.
He has facts. He never wastes punches. He heats hits his target so well that they are knocked out before they realise they were hit by Saraki.
Re: Saraki: Tinubu Will Support Buhari On Hospital Stretcher To Succeed Him In 2023 by poseidon12: 2:15am On Aug 21, 2018
God bless Bukola Saraki. You are doing a great job at the Senate. Don't mind the drug dealer and looter of Lagos State treasury.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Saraki: Tinubu Will Support Buhari On Hospital Stretcher To Succeed Him In 2023 by Nobody: 3:05am On Aug 21, 2018
35824L:
Nobody from SE will ever be president again, that's for sure.
Buhari till 2023; Igbo Presidency in 2023!

1 Like

Re: Saraki: Tinubu Will Support Buhari On Hospital Stretcher To Succeed Him In 2023 by Oblang(m): 4:34am On Aug 21, 2018
Who says Tinubu can't still contest in 2023 if another person got elected in 2019 instead of Buhari? Power can still come to the south in 2023 whether Buhari or any other northerner wins the 2019 election...Tinubu may have presidential ambition but I don't see him as bin desperate.
Re: Saraki: Tinubu Will Support Buhari On Hospital Stretcher To Succeed Him In 2023 by Blankstare(m): 4:37am On Aug 21, 2018
Do saraki actually wish PMB finds himself on a wheelchair soon? He actually descend into politics of hate with this comments. Interesting times ahead with our politics, something I see is emerging intense regional relevance of each major ethnic groups. One day, the country will still go back into regional system of government.
Re: Saraki: Tinubu Will Support Buhari On Hospital Stretcher To Succeed Him In 2023 by Mrshy: 5:54am On Aug 21, 2018
0balufonlll:
x

Everyone knows power is coming back to the Southwest in 2023 then back up north after 8 years then back to Southwest & the cycle goes on. grin
So u think Nigeria only belong to the Yoruba's and the northerns right?
So what happens to the IBO's , are they not Nigerian's?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Saraki: Tinubu Will Support Buhari On Hospital Stretcher To Succeed Him In 2023 by decub: 6:01am On Aug 21, 2018
BENZINA:
There is something great about this man(Saraki) i still find difficult to explain.
He is just smarter than his folks; call him a game changer. He knows when best to strike.
Re: Saraki: Tinubu Will Support Buhari On Hospital Stretcher To Succeed Him In 2023 by tribalistseun: 7:08am On Aug 21, 2018
BabaRamota1980:
Saraki is whipping up emotions of easterners for his cause. If he is so concerned about a balanced candidacy he should advise PDP to field Christain candidate as flagbearer. North has produced enough Muslim Presidents, its time for a Christian from North to rule.

which part did he mention south Easterners?

Monkey go and fight saraki first and defeat him

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki: Tinubu Will Support Buhari On Hospital Stretcher To Succeed Him In 2023 by velocity25(m): 7:26am On Aug 21, 2018
so Tinubu, sold southwest because of his selfishness interest not because of betterment of brown roof republic? were are the e-zombies of brown roof zone ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Saraki: Tinubu Will Support Buhari On Hospital Stretcher To Succeed Him In 2023 by phemi01(m): 7:31am On Aug 21, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

At this point it does not matter who they vote, given any combination betwee APC and PDP from 2019 onward the shortest route for an Ibo Presidency will materialize in 2040.
Twenty years from next year.

Is it not better to have a plan to rotate power every 4 years in each region instead of this funny fighting and division because some people want to hold on to power. Better still let the country restructure or separate.
Re: Saraki: Tinubu Will Support Buhari On Hospital Stretcher To Succeed Him In 2023 by phemi01(m): 7:34am On Aug 21, 2018
edibobo:
Will Tinubu knows whether he will see 2019 and even Buhari ?

Perfect question. They all behave as if they own their lives...funny thing is many of them are treating one sickness or the other.
Re: Saraki: Tinubu Will Support Buhari On Hospital Stretcher To Succeed Him In 2023 by wyqay: 7:36am On Aug 21, 2018
saraki just heat the nail on the head. true talk l believe you,because i forsee this before now
Re: Saraki: Tinubu Will Support Buhari On Hospital Stretcher To Succeed Him In 2023 by oyatz(m): 7:58am On Aug 21, 2018
Where did you bigots get this nauseating idea that other Nigerians can't compete?

How are you competing in Animal husbandry, meat and the leather industries?
What told you that you are dominating the in the petroleum products distribution business across Nigeria?
How are you coping in the Multibillion Naira Timber and logging industries?

Are you the ones dominating the local production of iron and steel industries in Nigeria?

Where is your domination of Nigeria Fashion and garment production?
Are you dominating Nigeria's Newspapers industry?
Are cash crops(cocoa, cashew nuts, palm kernels) production and export dominated by you?

What give you the assumption that you dominate the private health sector in Nigeria?

Is the Poultry industry dominated by you?

Check the boards of directors of ALL the companies quoted on the NSE and see if you are dominating.

#Park well Mr Bigot, ALL parts of Nigeria are working hard to contribute to the economy of Nigeria.

Amumaigwe:

Oga, we don't need Igbo president to excel. It is you lots that depend on government patronage that should bother about that presidency nonsense simply because you cannot compete.

Tell me where any genuine Igbo leader has shown obsession for presidency. Even Ohaneze has joined forces with IPOB to denounce the stupid lure by APC for Igbo votes by the phantom offer of Igbo presidency, reechoing their obsession rather for restructuring.

So go get another meaningful pasttime as these your leadership-hopefuls are the reason you are severely deprieved and Igbos don't need sympathy or any partnership not geared towards restructuring this shithol-e.
Re: Saraki: Tinubu Will Support Buhari On Hospital Stretcher To Succeed Him In 2023 by oyatz(m): 8:45am On Aug 21, 2018
Think very sir.

Are ALL Yorubas in support of Buhari?
Are ALL Yorubas APC members?
Is Tinubu=Yoruba people?

Granted (but not conceding) that the Yorubas want to support Buhari in 2019 so as to push themselves to advantageous positions by 2023, does it make it illegal or bad?..Why do you think you people have the right to support GEJ or any of Buhari's opponents but the Yoruba people have no right to support Buhari or anyone they like?

Politics is all about interests and pitching your tents where YOUR interests are best protected.

#Stop calling Yoruba savages, HATRED is not good for your health sir.

Amumaigwe:

We are not talking about Igbo presidency because Igbos don't look forward to it. What I want to make abundantly clear to you is that the presidency blackmail is not working and will never work.

Why will it not work? Because Igbos don't need it to excel. Why Yoruba are scheming to foist a mentally and morally bankrupt dying man on Nigerians a second time is because they are seeking to take over the instruments of government to enjoy undue advantage. This they intend to do even if it means Buhari completely ruining Nigeria over the next 4 years. Dangerous scavengers, what a shame.
Re: Saraki: Tinubu Will Support Buhari On Hospital Stretcher To Succeed Him In 2023 by oyatz(m): 9:12am On Aug 21, 2018
Okay sir, we have agreed that everything you said are correct including the subtle submission that God made a mistake in creating the Yoruba people.
Now, clap for yourself and go and sit down.

reality1010:

Yorubas are devilish and evil minded.I wonder why God created them. Hope they r not the Moabites tribe we often read in the Bible. No wonder all the killings of Idoma, Tiv, Igbos, Plateau people, Taraba people, Adamawa people, Kaduna people and others never mean anything to them as far as their ambition for 2023 is not jeopardize.They shouted restructure and when given d opportunity they said it s not restructure that we need. From their religious leaders to everyone of them talk from both mouths.They spy ur meetings and play double standard in evry affairs.Always looking for corrupt means to success.Any govt they work with is always indentified with failure because they are afraid of inclusive system.Yorubas will always prefer the status quo to remain because they v nothing to offer. While d North will embark on agricultural revolution, d South south will make money or wealth with their oil and the Southeast have ingenuity in every thing including oil as a resources.Apart from Lagos state foundationed by Federal Government,all d rest states in Lagos r locals.
Re: Saraki: Tinubu Will Support Buhari On Hospital Stretcher To Succeed Him In 2023 by oyatz(m): 9:13am On Aug 21, 2018
It is HIT and not heat sir

wyqay:
saraki just heat the nail on the head. true talk l believe you,because i forsee this before now
Re: Saraki: Tinubu Will Support Buhari On Hospital Stretcher To Succeed Him In 2023 by Meritocracy: 10:07am On Aug 21, 2018
StillX10:
This toilet that Tinubu calls mouth is just spewing trash

Tinubu is a legend at buffoonery

I know and I believe that if Tinubu use that dirty mouth to call you and your father you will only remember that you didn't wear shoes when you reach the place

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu: Do Your Worst, God Will Do His Best – Mbaka Tells FG / President Buhari Feeling Relaxed At UN General Meeting (photo) / Buhari At The Closing Of 2021 Ramadan In Abuja (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.