Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,764 members, 7,809,934 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:30 PM

Saraki: Tinubu Will Support Buhari On Hospital Stretcher To Succeed Him In 2023 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki: Tinubu Will Support Buhari On Hospital Stretcher To Succeed Him In 2023 (44086 Views)

Tinubu Insists He Brought Buhari To Power And Will Succeed Him / I Will End Saraki, Tinubu’s Rift - Orji Uzor Kalu / Why Saraki, Tinubu Are Fighting – Afenifere (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Saraki: Tinubu Will Support Buhari On Hospital Stretcher To Succeed Him In 2023 by Felixv: 5:32pm On Aug 20, 2018
Well. That is the loyalty Saraki dosent have.

AC joined buhari and formed an alliance.

What did Saraki bring to the table.

This is man that would rather live in Lagos I stead of Ilorin

7 Likes

Re: Saraki: Tinubu Will Support Buhari On Hospital Stretcher To Succeed Him In 2023 by redcliff: 5:32pm On Aug 20, 2018
nigeria is not a country.. belueve otherwise at yoyr own peril!
Re: Saraki: Tinubu Will Support Buhari On Hospital Stretcher To Succeed Him In 2023 by okokobioko1: 5:33pm On Aug 20, 2018
thank you the gentle elder state man politician. whether you win election or not is not the issue but truth be told always. though you find yourself in this quagmire at a time things did not work out the way you expected. that is politics to my brothers on this platform to ensure you understand in between the lines of the above write up of Saraki,.

1 Like

Re: Saraki: Tinubu Will Support Buhari On Hospital Stretcher To Succeed Him In 2023 by Auxtin85(m): 5:34pm On Aug 20, 2018
DWJOBScom:

that's the plan now - he doesn't care

He will die

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Saraki: Tinubu Will Support Buhari On Hospital Stretcher To Succeed Him In 2023 by omusiliyu(m): 5:34pm On Aug 20, 2018
0balufonlll:
x

Everyone knows power is coming back to the Southwest in 2023 then back up north after 8 years then back to Southwest & the cycle goes on. grin

You mean Yoruba amaka will betray Rochas and Ngige grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki: Tinubu Will Support Buhari On Hospital Stretcher To Succeed Him In 2023 by proeast(m): 5:37pm On Aug 20, 2018
0balufonlll:
x

Everyone knows power is coming back to the Southwest in 2023 then back up north after 8 years then back to Southwest & the cycle goes on. grin
Lol, ignorance in full HD display shocked shocked What exactly did you benefit with 8 years of Obasanjo rule? What did the Ijaws benefit from GEJ's rule? Continue deceiving yourself by hoping to get the presidency when the abo.kis will still determine what happens and who gets what through the national Assembly. If you are informed a bit, you should rather be clamoring for restructuring instead of a worthless presidency under a system that is perpetually skewed to favour the North!! Igbos have gone past the level of hoping to produce the president after seeing how worthless it is based on the status quo. It is only the northerners that can benefit immensely from producing the president because they hold the four aces I.e the legislature and army and thus can easily do anything they want without fear. But any president from the south will be frustrated and even threatened with impeachment or coup if he seriously antagonizes the North. The joke is on you grin embarassed tongue

19 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Saraki: Tinubu Will Support Buhari On Hospital Stretcher To Succeed Him In 2023 by n0fav0rs: 5:38pm On Aug 20, 2018
geometricaxis:

So was Hitler!
Better than a dumb and moronic Jihadist like Bubu

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki: Tinubu Will Support Buhari On Hospital Stretcher To Succeed Him In 2023 by Winning123: 5:38pm On Aug 20, 2018
You will both lose in thia game. You dey back of a man who with his family ruined a bank and destroyed sonny life. Should I pray what happened to those depositors happen to you, since you dey him back?

quote author=dukie25 post=70451559]Baba Oloye, we dey your back gidigba. [/quote]

1 Like

Re: Saraki: Tinubu Will Support Buhari On Hospital Stretcher To Succeed Him In 2023 by odomanis: 5:38pm On Aug 20, 2018
0balufonlll:
x

DONT MIND OUR USELESS BROTHERS THAT ARE FOOLING THEMSELVES IN APC THINKING THAT BABA WILL HAND OVER POWER TO THEM IN 2013. THEY ARE ON THEIR OWN SHA,WE DONT WANT APC IN SOUTHEAST.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki: Tinubu Will Support Buhari On Hospital Stretcher To Succeed Him In 2023 by CanineOfJackal: 5:39pm On Aug 20, 2018
Calers:
Igbo don't know how to play politics,.
How did Igbo enter this matter

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Saraki: Tinubu Will Support Buhari On Hospital Stretcher To Succeed Him In 2023 by MichaelBukamzy(m): 5:39pm On Aug 20, 2018
seunmsg:
Politics is all about interest, whether selfish or altruistic. In 2015, Tinubu wanted the vice presidency position while Saraki wanted to become Senate president. They both pursued their personal ambition that is within their rights. Attacking Tinubu based on his 2015 aspiration is plain silly.

As regards 2019, it is again all about interest, selfish or altruistic. Tinubu is supporting Buhari because his group will stand a good chance of getting the presidency in 2023. Igbo's are supporting Atiku with the hope that south east will get the vice presidency and subsequently get the presidency after his tenure. Atiku, Saraki, Tambuwal, Kwakwanso etc all rejoined PDP simply because of their presidential ambition. Power will go back to the south for 8 years if Buhari wins a second term. So, they have to fight it out with him now. Politics is all about interest, alignment, positioning and calculation.

Respect.you nailed it boss.among all pro buhari nairalanders,you stand out.
Re: Saraki: Tinubu Will Support Buhari On Hospital Stretcher To Succeed Him In 2023 by Baselm: 5:39pm On Aug 20, 2018
Hedonini:

I just desperately hope that he will be the kind of reform minded leader that Nigeria needs now. The senile and close-minded bastard called Buhari isn't even an option.
You don't need to hope, he has antecedents, just ask neutral Kwarans the saraki effect or find out about societe General Bank.

4 Likes

Re: Saraki: Tinubu Will Support Buhari On Hospital Stretcher To Succeed Him In 2023 by Emycord: 5:39pm On Aug 20, 2018
BabaRamota1980:
Saraki is whipping up emotions of SEasterners for his cause. If he is so concerned about a balanced candidacy he should advise PDP to field Christain candidate as flagbearer. North has produced enough Muslim Presidents, its time for a Christian from North to rule.

which se pls leave us out

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saraki: Tinubu Will Support Buhari On Hospital Stretcher To Succeed Him In 2023 by BabaO2: 5:40pm On Aug 20, 2018
n0fav0rs:
Bukola is intelligent
come off it, with all the non intelligent comments coming from him? Such as juicy appointments were not given to him, that is the height of irresponsiblity, at least he should have pretended as if he was not in politics for appointments, also Tinubu supporting Buhari because of 2023- what is wrong about Tinubu contesting, as if Tinubu is not a Nigerian that can contest for election at the appropriate time...

8 Likes

Re: Saraki: Tinubu Will Support Buhari On Hospital Stretcher To Succeed Him In 2023 by Nobody: 5:40pm On Aug 20, 2018
omusiliyu:

You mean Yoruba amaka will betray Rochas and Ngige grin

Politics is numbers, if you dont have people willing to vote for you you cant win an election...simple as. Recent hate propaganda means the North and the SW will never vote for an ibo president for at least another generation.

Presidency will come back to the SW and the SS and once again to either SW or SS and there will still be no SE president.

Nobody votes for a group that openly displays hate against him...its common sense

While other regions are busy forming alliances, if the Ibos like they can continue spewing hate and allow another generation to be born swearing never to vote for an Ibo president.

11 Likes

Re: Saraki: Tinubu Will Support Buhari On Hospital Stretcher To Succeed Him In 2023 by GMbuharii: 5:41pm On Aug 20, 2018
seunmsg:
Politics is all about interest, whether selfish or altruistic. In 2015, Tinubu wanted the vice presidency position while Saraki wanted to become Senate president. They both pursued their personal ambition that is within their rights. Attacking Tinubu based on his 2015 aspiration is plain silly.

As regards 2019, it is again all about interest, selfish or altruistic. Tinubu is supporting Buhari because his group will stand a good chance of getting the presidency in 2023. Igbo's are supporting Atiku with the hope that south east will get the vice presidency and subsequently get the presidency after his tenure. Atiku, Saraki, Tambuwal, Kwakwanso etc all rejoined PDP simply because of their presidential ambition. Power will go back to the south for 8 years if Buhari wins a second term. So, they have to fight it out with him now. Politics is all about interest, alignment, positioning and calculation.

Shut up,thank you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Saraki: Tinubu Will Support Buhari On Hospital Stretcher To Succeed Him In 2023 by Comrademajeed: 5:42pm On Aug 20, 2018
"I don't have any anointed candidate, I'll go with the people's choice, the youth should feel free to pick up nomination form" ~ @bukolasaraki

#SarakiSpeaks
Re: Saraki: Tinubu Will Support Buhari On Hospital Stretcher To Succeed Him In 2023 by Nobody: 5:44pm On Aug 20, 2018
Saraki should shut up! Tinubu is very right! It is better to fight for the interest of your people/region 1st. There is nothing like national interest in Nigerian politics ask the northerners while they always prefer to return power to the north?

6 Likes

Re: Saraki: Tinubu Will Support Buhari On Hospital Stretcher To Succeed Him In 2023 by Moukandjo: 5:44pm On Aug 20, 2018
tomakint:

Wrong submission as usual Southwest have slim chance in 2023 it is the time of Igbos after whoever emerges in 2019 but definitely not Buhari (I am too sure of that)!
Your submission is not only the wrong one, but an extremely emotional & deluded one!
Firstly, with the politics of bitterness & hatred the Igbos play now, mostly stemming from the fact that they're still so pained about GEJ's loss in 2015 even when the man himself & his people have since moved on, only the south south might manage to support an Igbo presidency if they contest against a South Westerner!

Secondly, you claim you're "too sure" Buhari will lose in 2019 but you yourself don't even know who he'll lose to! Isn't that funny? grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Saraki: Tinubu Will Support Buhari On Hospital Stretcher To Succeed Him In 2023 by obinoral1179(m): 5:44pm On Aug 20, 2018
IbrahimDamola:
But make I ask o. If we yoruba muslims decide to contest for presidency on APC in 2023 and North + SESS contest for PDP. Na who go win.

E be like say SE and SS no go vote Afonja like us o, dem go vote north + SE/SS and we yoruba go lose presidency.

Na wa o.
the north will be enjoying the fight between the SE, SS and SW.... If buhari wins and APC decide to field a SW come 2023 if The PDP field a northern the north might win which will take them to 16 years rule so the SE better play their games well..... Because 2023 is between them and south west

4 Likes

Re: Saraki: Tinubu Will Support Buhari On Hospital Stretcher To Succeed Him In 2023 by Protein0: 5:44pm On Aug 20, 2018
0balufonlll:
x

let okorocha catch u grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Saraki: Tinubu Will Support Buhari On Hospital Stretcher To Succeed Him In 2023 by BabaRamota1980: 5:45pm On Aug 20, 2018
Saraki can never win presidency of this country without the duo of NW and SW.

In this press release he took a swipe at SW.

6 Likes

Re: Saraki: Tinubu Will Support Buhari On Hospital Stretcher To Succeed Him In 2023 by Amumaigwe: 5:46pm On Aug 20, 2018
ridwanomooba:
The Tinubu Rhetoric: My Response, by Dr. Abubakar Bukola Saraki

I have always restrained from joining issues in the media with Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu and this is based on my respect for him. However, I will not allow him to create a wrong, false and mischievous impression about the reasons for my decision to exit the All Progressives Congress (APC) and present his prejudice as facts for public consumption.

I have been consistent in my complaints to all leaders of the APC, including Tinubu, that a situation where the National Assembly is not constructively engaged or carried along in key policy decisions, particularly those that will eventually require legislative approval, is not in the best interest of the nation. No genuine leader of the legislature will be comfortable that the Presidency will simply write a terse letter to the National Assembly on key issues which the federal legislature is expected to later deliberate upon and give its approval. The Buhari administration consistently treats the legislature with contempt and acts as if the lawmaking body should be an appendage of the Executive. To me, this is unacceptable.

In the same way, I find it very objectionable that many stakeholders who worked strenuously to get the administration into office have now been excluded in the government and not consulted on key decisions as necessary and expected. In fact, some of them are treated as pariahs. A party that ignores justice, equity and inclusion as basic pre-conditions for peace, unity and stability cannot sustain its membership and leadership.

Let me redirect the attention of the former Governor of Lagos State to the aspect of my July 31, 2018, statement announcing my exit from APC in which I emphasized that the decision "has been inescapably imposed on me by certain elements and forces within the APC who have ensured that the minimum conditions for peace, cooperation, inclusion and a general sense of belonging did not exist".

In that statement, I further noted that those APC elements "have done everything to ensure that the basic rules of party administration, which should promote harmonious relations among the various elements within the party were blatantly disregarded. All governance principles which were required for a healthy functioning of the party and the government were deliberately violated or undermined. And all entreaties for justice, equity and fairness as basic precondition for peace and unity, not only within the party, but also the country at large, were simply ignored, or employed as additional pretext for further exclusion. The experience of my people and associates in the past three years is that they have suffered alienation and have been treated as outsiders in their own party. Thus, many have become disaffected and disenchanted. At the same time, opportunities to seek redress and correct these anomalies were deliberately blocked as a government-within-a-government had formed an impregnable wall and left in the cold, everyone else who was not recognized as “one of us”. This is why my people, like all self-respecting people would do, decided to seek accommodation elsewhere".

Tinubu himself will recall that during the various meetings he had with me at the time he was pursuing reconciliation within the APC, I raised all the above issues. I can also vividly recall that he himself always expressed his displeasure with the style of the government and also mentioned that he had equally suffered disrespect from the same government which we all worked to put in office. I also made the point that whatever travails I have gone through in the last three years belong to the past and will not shape my decisions now and in the future.

However, during those meetings, the point of disagreement between Tinubu and I is that while I expressed my worries that there is nothing on ground to assure me that the administrative style and attitude would change in the next four years in a manner that will enable us to deliver the positive changes we promised to our people, he (Tinubu) expressed a strong opinion that he would rather 'support a Buhari on the hospital stretcher' to get a second term because in 2023, power will shift to the South-west. This viewpoint of Tinubu’s was not only expressed to me but to several of my colleagues. So much for acting in national interest.

It is clear that while my own decision is based on protecting the collective national interest, Tinubu will rather live with the identified inadequacies of the government for the sake of fulfilling and preserving his presidential ambition in 2023. This new position of Tinubu has only demonstrated inconsistency — particularly when one reviews his antecedents over the years.

Again, let me reiterate my position that my uncertain and complex relationship with Tinubu has been continually defined by the event of 2014 when myself and other leaders of the APC opposed the Muslim-Muslim ticket arrangement about to be foisted on the APC for the 2015 polls. It should be noted that he has not forgotten the fact that I took the bull by the horns and told him that in the interest of the country, he should accept the need for the party to present a balanced ticket for the 2015 General Elections in terms of religion and geo-political zones. Since that time he has been very active; plotting at every point to undermine me, both within and outside the National Assembly.

It is a surprise to me that Asiwaju Tinubu is still peddling the falsehood about the fact that my defection is about automatic ticket and sharing of resources. Members of the public will recall that when the issue of my decision to quit APC came to the fore and many APC leaders were holding meetings with me, a newspaper owned by the same Tinubu published a false report about the promise of automatic tickets, oil blocks and other benefits. I immediately rebutted their claims and categorically stated that I never discussed any such personal and pecuniary benefits with anybody. My challenge that anybody who has contrary facts should come forward with them still remains open.

It should be known that Democracy is a system that allows people to freely make their choices. It is my choice that I have decided to join others to present a viable alternative platform for Nigerians in the coming elections. Tinubu and leaders of the APC had better respect this decision or lawfully deal with it. As for me, Allah gives power to whom He wishes. Human beings can only aspire and strive to fulfill their aspirations.

Signed:

Dr. Abubakar Bukola Saraki, CON
President of the Senate

Where is @Biafradefender. They have already concluded the plot to cede power to the South West, infact to Tinubu himself come 2023. Is voting Buhari in 2019 still the shortest cut to Igbo presidency in 2023?

Anybody that was tempted to believe those tissues of lies that Buhari would hand over power to Igbo in 2023 in exchange for their support towards his second term bid, this is the dawn of a new day for you. Wake up!

10 Likes

Re: Saraki: Tinubu Will Support Buhari On Hospital Stretcher To Succeed Him In 2023 by enemyofprogress: 5:48pm On Aug 20, 2018
All of una be thief
Re: Saraki: Tinubu Will Support Buhari On Hospital Stretcher To Succeed Him In 2023 by GreatMahmud: 5:50pm On Aug 20, 2018
0balufonlll:
x

Hahahahaa.. Mehn, u must be on some ecstasy pills. Common gerara ma sight..

1 Like

Re: Saraki: Tinubu Will Support Buhari On Hospital Stretcher To Succeed Him In 2023 by n0fav0rs: 5:50pm On Aug 20, 2018
BabaO2:
come off it, with all the non intelligents comments coming from him? Such as juicy appointments were not given to him, that is the height of irresponsiblity, at least he should have pretended as if he was not in politics for appointments, also Tinubu supporting Buhari because of 2023- what is wrong about Tinubu contesting, as if Tinubu is not a Nigerian that can contest for election at the appropriate time...
I doubt if you’ve been following the whole drama. Apparently, you’ve only been following Oshiomole and Tinubu’s

2 Likes

Re: Saraki: Tinubu Will Support Buhari On Hospital Stretcher To Succeed Him In 2023 by BeijinDossier: 5:51pm On Aug 20, 2018
Where's the one legged ritualist called Okoroawusa. He has been going round deceiving gullible people that in 2023 APC will give the presidential ticket to the SE.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki: Tinubu Will Support Buhari On Hospital Stretcher To Succeed Him In 2023 by bluecircle470: 5:51pm On Aug 20, 2018
I was tempted to believe his story but i later have a rethink that TINUBU will not be so daft to tell SARAKI his plan for 2023 which means SARAKI cook all this up

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki: Tinubu Will Support Buhari On Hospital Stretcher To Succeed Him In 2023 by mysteryman2014: 5:51pm On Aug 20, 2018
0balufonlll:
x

All this power equation without consideration for the south east is a precipe for disaster. How can a whole political zone of a nation be so totally ignored in the country political equation.

Injustice to one is injustice to all.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Saraki Test Running Innoson SUV, Urges Southeasterns on More Local Products / Occupy Nigeria Protests The Issuance Of Certificate Of Return To Buhari / Atiku Shades Buhari On Walking 800 Metres In Daura

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.