Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,156 members, 7,835,852 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:15 PM

Pictures Of the Comissioning Of Tinapa - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pictures Of the Comissioning Of Tinapa (28838 Views)

The Tinapa Project Is So Stupid. / Pls Cost Of Lodging At Obudu Ranch/tinapa / News About Tinapa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of the Comissioning Of Tinapa by osegwu(m): 9:19am On Apr 09, 2007
The place go cool o

I don pray put
Re: Pictures Of the Comissioning Of Tinapa by dblock(m): 10:32am On Apr 09, 2007
so basically, the government should build a shopping mall in the NNPC towers grin
Cos that's the only way to make profits.

I won't argue for Tinapa, cos I don't want to embarass anyone wink
Re: Pictures Of the Comissioning Of Tinapa by babasin(m): 12:15pm On Apr 09, 2007
@dblock
so basically, the government should build a shopping mall in the NNPC towers

Well go to Petronas Tower and see for yourself. Both NNPC Tower and Petronas Tower are from Oil Money.

One is really progressive and it would sustain itself far into the future, while the other is already moriboud. We never learn and adopt to suit us.

BTW: Petronas has a better concept right from Project start not just building for building sake!!
Re: Pictures Of the Comissioning Of Tinapa by Mariory(m): 2:32pm On Apr 09, 2007
@babasin
Go to www.tinapa.com to see clients that have signed up.
Re: Pictures Of the Comissioning Of Tinapa by babasin(m): 2:50pm On Apr 09, 2007
@Mariory,
Go to www.tinapa.com to see clients that have signed up.

I am not doubting if client sign-on or not. I already said its a good idea.

My question is who are the customers those clients will service for them to have sustainable growth to continue to pay Tinapa?
Re: Pictures Of the Comissioning Of Tinapa by alabiyemmy(m): 3:15pm On Apr 09, 2007
from the pessimistic nature of Nigerians to anything initiated, I think there is no point for anything meaningful to be initiated in Nigeria.
Re: Pictures Of the Comissioning Of Tinapa by LePhilippe(m): 3:39pm On Apr 09, 2007
Pictures from the commissioning!!!

Re: Pictures Of the Comissioning Of Tinapa by beavers007(m): 7:55pm On Apr 09, 2007
Haba Babasin
Tinapa is almost completely a privately funded project. Now ,14 nigerian banks, a couple other foreign investors, Walmart, Shoprite, a whole lot others wouldn't invest in a project that wouldn't succeed.Man, Tinapa has already succeeded.
I'm proud of that guy Duke, I wish he becomes president sometime and soonest.
Re: Pictures Of the Comissioning Of Tinapa by babasin(m): 10:25pm On Apr 09, 2007
@beavers007
Man, Tinapa has already succeeded.

I have nothing against Duke. I have said and will say it again: IT IS A GOOD IDEA.

Tinapa is almost completely a privately funded project.
This gurantee nothing. Private projects also become un-sustainable.

Question remains: How sustainable will it be?

who is going to be the end consumers that will buy the value-added services from all these investors?

Nobody has been able to provide the answer so far.
Re: Pictures Of the Comissioning Of Tinapa by dblock(m): 10:52pm On Apr 09, 2007
Cross Riveriens are going to benefit from this project, Donald duke made sure of that. Loans were granted to Cross Riveriens, so they could invest in the development and be a part of it. Tinapa in the end will be pumping more money into Cross River's Local economy than the money that was actually put in. A new Airport is being built, so that tourists and other visitors have a great entrance to a great project, a Mono Rail is being constructed, to enhance transportation, taxis have being bought aswell as Buses. A 3500Megawatt IPP is being built to ensure that there is a Stable power supply is in the state. Tinapa is not a out of nowhere project, this development will transfrom the whole of Cross Rover State and put Nigeria on the Map (for good reasons). A ultra modern shopping mall is also being built in Calabar aswell has new hospitals and roads.

Cross Riveriens will empirically have a better standard of living than people in other parts of the country. Jobs will be created, develoment will be sustained, entertainment and leisure activities will be there and Cross Riveriens will live a longer life expectancy. He has developed his state. Other Governors need to follow the path that Donald Duke has set.

Mr Babasin, 1 billion dollars will be earned from the project anually, 25% of that will be shared amongst Cross Riverian investors and other citizens. That is more than twice the money invested into the project.

PS. Julius Berger is the best thing to happen to this country, If you look at the pictures of the emporiums in june 2006, and then you take a look at the emporiums in July, you'll se how efficiently and rapidly Julius Berger Operate.
Re: Pictures Of the Comissioning Of Tinapa by TheOne2(m): 11:13pm On Apr 09, 2007
Babasin,

are we the ones that should answer your questions on the sustainability of TINAPA? Or did we tell you we were there when they were doing the business plan? You are one of those Nigerians in diaspora who tend to think that people at home do not think before they do anything. You think someone will spend all that money and wouldn't have thought of how it will sustain itself?

If you need Donald Duke contact, pls tell me. At least you can start questioning him as you are the only expert that knows that the project has to be sustainable. angry
Re: Pictures Of the Comissioning Of Tinapa by dblock(m): 11:19pm On Apr 09, 2007
It seems to me that for every project or development that is planned in Nigeria, People like Babasin say the same thing. No research, No insight, No Knowledge whatsoever, they simply just say the same negative things.

Babasin, make your Job easier, you might want to copy your post, paste iit in Notepad and save it for projects such as AIST in Abuja, Abuja theme park, nasawara theme park, millenium tower and cultural centre, abuja downtown mall etc.
So you don't have to type[size=14pt] How sustainable will it be?[/size] a hundred times tongue
Re: Pictures Of the Comissioning Of Tinapa by GNature(m): 11:23pm On Apr 09, 2007
Congrats to Gov Duke, the people of Cross Rivers State and Nigeria on the Tinapa project, but all I see are people's pictures. There are no pictures of the completed project itself.
Re: Pictures Of the Comissioning Of Tinapa by dblock(m): 11:26pm On Apr 09, 2007
It's up to people that visited Tinapa to provide good pics, there are no new pics of the project on the Net.

So, Gnature what do you say about going to Tinapa taking some Pics, posting them here and then returning to The US. grin
Re: Pictures Of the Comissioning Of Tinapa by 4Play(m): 11:27pm On Apr 09, 2007
Maybe they are not taking pictures since most of the place is uncompleted.Ask people in Calabar about the whole thing.
Re: Pictures Of the Comissioning Of Tinapa by debosky(m): 11:28pm On Apr 09, 2007
I've been trying to find pictures of that myself, haven't found any. Just the few personal ones.

The commissioning folk should've taken many pictures of the project to show us more.
Re: Pictures Of the Comissioning Of Tinapa by GNature(m): 11:45pm On Apr 09, 2007
If the people that built the palms mall in Lagos can put the completed malls' pictures on their website, why can't the Tinapa folks ?
Re: Pictures Of the Comissioning Of Tinapa by dblock(m): 2:50am On Apr 10, 2007
On their website, it says hand in relevant pictures of the project, this implies that they rely on the public for a lot of their media
Re: Pictures Of the Comissioning Of Tinapa by babasin(m): 9:18am On Apr 10, 2007
Guys,
Very good to see that I have generated heated debate about this project.

We have basically two type of projects: Prestige and Sustainable.

Prestige project is usually to show-off the image of the Key actors. Sustainable project is usually to provide long lasting regenerative productive service to the society. Sadly, we have more of prestige project than sustainable ones in Naija.

That said, I would be visiting Nigeria shortly; I would love to see the place; but how do you get their from Lagos?

I am not going to enter any local plane. The road is so dangerous, am talking of armed robbers especially Ore-Benin-Onistha section. is there any coastal cruise line from lagos seaport to Calabar?

So how do I even get there to spend some few EURO??
Re: Pictures Of the Comissioning Of Tinapa by londoner: 10:32am On Apr 10, 2007
Great Job!, Finally, we are seeing signs of Nigeria turning the corner. Governers are now setting standards and precedents for others to follow or look out of place.

I have a feeling Nigeria will be totally unrecognisable in fifteen to twenty years.
Re: Pictures Of the Comissioning Of Tinapa by babasin(m): 11:18am On Apr 10, 2007
@londoner
I have a feeling Nigeria will be totally unrecognisable in fifteen to twenty years.

, In terms on abandon projects because of their un-sustainability like the London Dome?

or in term of real practical projects like London eye?
Re: Pictures Of the Comissioning Of Tinapa by 4Play(m): 12:55pm On Apr 10, 2007
dblock:

On their website, it says hand in relevant pictures of the project, this implies that they rely on the public for a lot of their media

Wow!So the brains behind the project are relying on the general public to take pictures of their project for them?Can't they just take it themselves and post it on their site?
Re: Pictures Of the Comissioning Of Tinapa by GNature(m): 1:22pm On Apr 10, 2007
Thanks oo my brother !!

You spend hundreds of millions of dollars on a business resort and rely on the general public to take its pictures for you  undecided. What kind of sense does that make ? I don't buy that argument.

I think they are still working on getting the pictures on their website.
Re: Pictures Of the Comissioning Of Tinapa by babasin(m): 3:58pm On Apr 10, 2007
@GNature,
You spend hundreds of millions of dollars on a business resort and rely on the general public to take its pictures for you

umm, is this a place that want to compete with likes of tourist resorts in Thailand, Malaysia, Mauritius, Greece, Ibiza, etc??
Re: Pictures Of the Comissioning Of Tinapa by 4Play(m): 7:24pm On Apr 10, 2007
I gave up looking for actual pictures of the completed project-http://www.tinapa.com/
Re: Pictures Of the Comissioning Of Tinapa by GNature(m): 7:51pm On Apr 10, 2007
@babasin

Why they don't have any pictures available ? I really don't know. But I don't believe the tinapa people are relying on the general public to take pictures of the project for them. I think we should try and be optimistic and support the gigantic initiative of Gov Duke.
Re: Pictures Of the Comissioning Of Tinapa by ebeledi(m): 9:49pm On Apr 10, 2007
why is it only nigerians that are so negative about their country at all times. you will NEVER see an ethiopian, hatian, or even a sudanese native say a project in their country isnt worth anything. and the funny thing is most of the people who are talking have been brain washed by westernized life and have no pride in their homeland.

as for me i love nigeria no matter how corrupt it is

i am always proud to be a nigerian
Re: Pictures Of the Comissioning Of Tinapa by beavers007(m): 10:21pm On Apr 10, 2007
People, U wanna know how successful Tinapa already is? The number of interests we already have here is a sure sign of success.I guess many of us here would definitely love to visit Tinapa soonest and we would spend some good cash.
Obudu is already a huge success.Calabar already has the one of the highest flight frequencies in the nation.Very soon I think Calabar would be the destination to beat.
Re: Pictures Of the Comissioning Of Tinapa by Nobody: 3:52am On Apr 11, 2007
when i leave this country i'm going to Rivers state to settle. Tinapa here we come. wink
Re: Pictures Of the Comissioning Of Tinapa by dblock(m): 4:22am On Apr 11, 2007
Nahh, Go to Abuja to settle.
Tinapa doesn't have enough residential projects planned.
Abuja will be th place to be.
Entertainment|Accommodation|Transportation|Security will all be covered.
Re: Pictures Of the Comissioning Of Tinapa by babasin(m): 9:14am On Apr 11, 2007
@beavers007

I guess many of us here would definitely love to visit Tinapa soonest and we would spend some good cash.

If you read back in my posts, I said below:

That said, I would be visiting Nigeria shortly; I would love to see the place; but how do you get there from Lagos?

Conidtions:
1. I dont want to enter any local flight be it vrigin.

2. Driving ok(as i love to see country side) but what about armed robbers?
Re: Pictures Of the Comissioning Of Tinapa by londoner: 9:45am On Apr 11, 2007
babasin:

@londoner
, In terms on abandon projects because of their un-sustainability like the London Dome?

or in term of real practical projects like London eye?

What is unsustainable about Tinapa, how has it been abandoned, ?

My point is not necessarily about the project itself, but rather the raised bar in terms of people in leadership actually developing their states and being EXPECTED to do so, my Mother just came back from Calabar and she confirmed the direction the state is going and how much of an example the whole state has become, it really is exposing other cities and ministers, I believe it will have a ripple effect. Nigerians will now DEMAND more of their governors, not only Cross river state, but I hear this same culture is being adopted in Ogun state.

The days of the unaccountable state governor is on its way out. Donald Duke is the new breed, others will soon have to shape up or ship out quite frankly.
Ofcourse there will be projects which end up being a waste or unsustainable, but which country does not experience that?, you mentioned the dome and the london eye, both in the UK, they make their own mistakes, and as a Londoner I will tell you they do it very often, more often than Nigerians care to admit when comparing us to them.

I understand the pessimism, thats just a product of witnessing the numurous blunders and failures of Nigeria over the years, its to be expected, but Nigerians will be the last ones to catch on and benefit from the new Nigeria, because they will be slow to believe it, especially those who live abroad, because as far as they are concerned Nigeria will always be the same failure, but they forget that there was a different Nigeria before the corruption, mismanagement and decay too.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Kano Western Bye-Pass Road Completed By Buhari (Photos) / Pictures Of The Collapsed Mokwa-Jebba Highway Bridge / Nigerian Man From Ebonyi Dies In Italy Along With 11 Other Migrants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.