Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,166 members, 7,835,902 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:11 PM

Pictures Of the Comissioning Of Tinapa - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pictures Of the Comissioning Of Tinapa (28839 Views)

The Tinapa Project Is So Stupid. / Pls Cost Of Lodging At Obudu Ranch/tinapa / News About Tinapa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of the Comissioning Of Tinapa by dblock(m): 4:39am On Apr 19, 2007
I'll get back to yall later,
My2cents you are talking garbage.
@ Babasin those chicks are my mates, Ma Bro went out with two of em. wink
Re: Pictures Of the Comissioning Of Tinapa by dblock(m): 4:42am On Apr 19, 2007
And I never attcked anyone
Re: Pictures Of the Comissioning Of Tinapa by dblock(m): 7:22am On Apr 19, 2007
dblock,

obviously, you must have caught a wiff of the aussie dust to be attacking me like that

What Aussie dust. I speak and act the way I am, I am not influenced by location, seems to me that evryone that replies to me, says soemthing like that, I find it quite funny actually shocked

Before you reply, barking like a brisbane chihuahua, read my post, word by word, again please. Based on what I wrote, I doubt you qualify as "the common man (or in your case, based on the photo on your profile page, woman )". Who said anything about "living off of $1 a day?". Are you trying to impress me with your knowledge of economics?

And what exactly is the common man. I come from Ekiti/Sapele/Ogun/Akure, and none of my relatives fall under the low standard of living category, and those are very small towns. I knew what golf was(From naija) before I knew what basketball, Table tennis, boxing or wrestling were. I didn't live in an estate, I lived amongst regular people. Go to Jos and you'll know what I'm talking about(My standard of living there is higher than my standard of living in Australia), the only thing Jos didn't have was stable electricity. The government gave us a house, running water Hot and Cold) etc. I used my stats to back up my opinion that Nigerians aren't as poor as you say or as out of tourch.

Though that quote is a topic for another day, I will say that even if we lived off of $1 a day, we sure can buy a lot more, on an item-by-item basis, for N128 than I can buy for $1 (which seems so small when you are trying to put down an entire continent) living in the states. Just a quick example: I used to cut my hair in the states for $12. For that amount in Naira, even with no light, I can pay the barber N100 per hair cut and still hv enough for another 14. Don't get sucked in by oyibo rhetoric. Don't get me going off on this tangent please, because I will soak you, blue you, wash you, starch you and dry you

I am not sucked in by nothing, I wans't born in Ilu Oyibo. I know the value of the naira. I used to buy bubble gum for 1 naira, with 128 naira that's 128 bubble gums, in Australia you can buy about 3(Aus$ Is 0.78 US$).

As far as the airport is concerned, again different topic, but I don't have to go physically see the airport under construction when I can visit the website (which I seriously doubt you knew existed): http://www.akianigeria.com/akwaibom/home/ai_state - we live in the internet age, I don't need to actually be there, just like in the case of Tinapa, to see it.

That's what I meant wink

Again, **read** my post again and answer intellectually and not emotionally. I am impressed with your knowledge of economics sha. As long as you can back up what you have said (especially the 60% part. I am curious as to where you got those figures. Hopefully it's not based on what you read from some oyibo article as I am sure you know, they don't have our best interests at heart), keep it up!

Thanks,

No problem, keep it real. wink
Re: Pictures Of the Comissioning Of Tinapa by dblock(m): 7:26am On Apr 19, 2007
Tinapa

Re: Pictures Of the Comissioning Of Tinapa by GNature(m): 7:53am On Apr 19, 2007
great pictures there dblock.

I am just happy that the place will be privately managed because our govt lacks good maintenance culture.
Re: Pictures Of the Comissioning Of Tinapa by arike77: 1:24pm On Apr 19, 2007
Thanks for the pictures. 
Donald Duke is truly a genius!!  Wow!!  This place from what I see is not glorified mall as some people have described it.
The comman man is already enjoying the place!!   
He has indeed left a legacy for his state!!
All these other ye ye state governor need to come see this place for themselves and be put to shame!!
Re: Pictures Of the Comissioning Of Tinapa by beavers007(m): 2:21pm On Apr 19, 2007
Nice pictures dblock!
There's another cool project happening in Nigeria.The new terminal of the domestic wing Murtala Mohammed airport.I herad it's kool!
Any pics?
Re: Pictures Of the Comissioning Of Tinapa by my2cents(m): 4:01pm On Apr 19, 2007
dblock
What Aussie dust. I speak and act the way I am, I am not influenced by location, seems to me that evryone that replies to me, says soemthing like that, I find it quite funny actually

Glad you caught the humor. Cos it was indeed meant to be humorous tongue

And what exactly is the common man. I come from Ekiti/Sapele/Ogun/Akure, and none of my relatives fall under the low standard of living category, and those are very small towns.

You speak for yourself and perhaps 100 - 1000 others? Is that representational of the 120million+ pples living in Nigeria? I doubt it.

I am not sucked in by nothing, I wans't born in Ilu Oyibo. I know the value of the naira. I used to buy bubble gum for 1 naira, with 128 naira that's 128 bubble gums, in Australia you can buy about 3(Aus$ Is 0.78 US$).

Goood, so stop with the GDP crap already grin
Re: Pictures Of the Comissioning Of Tinapa by Mariory(m): 5:59pm On Apr 19, 2007
beavers007:

Nice pictures dblock!
There's another cool project happening in Nigeria.The new terminal of the domestic wing Murtala Muhammad airport.I herad it's kool!
Any pics?

There are several over at skyscrapercity. I can't be bothered to post the pictures here. peharps dblock might if you ask him nicely.
Re: Pictures Of the Comissioning Of Tinapa by 9ja4eva: 4:21am On Apr 20, 2007
Yeah i heard d new airport is da bomb now.9ja gat some hot buildings now.
Re: Pictures Of the Comissioning Of Tinapa by dblock(m): 6:15am On Apr 20, 2007
Cross river is also getting a new Airport, apparently it is easier to build a new aiprot than to expand the current one.
Re: Pictures Of the Comissioning Of Tinapa by GNature(m): 6:20am On Apr 20, 2007
beavers007,

there is a thread on nairaland with a few pictures of the new mm airport domestic wing
Re: Pictures Of the Comissioning Of Tinapa by dblock(m): 10:28am On Apr 20, 2007
I believe that's one of the ware houses, or is it the main building?

http://www.ceplimited.com/__3.jpg

I didn't post it directly becuase it's 3264 by 2448 and takes forever to load.
Re: Pictures Of the Comissioning Of Tinapa by Mariory(m): 2:46pm On Apr 20, 2007
@beavers007,

Re: Pictures Of the Comissioning Of Tinapa by beavers007(m): 10:10pm On Apr 20, 2007
@ Mariory
Thanks Mariory for 2 things!
1)The pictures and more importantly,
2)Introducing me to Skyscrapercity.com
Re: Pictures Of the Comissioning Of Tinapa by LePhilippe(m): 11:10pm On Apr 20, 2007
People, why don't you pay a visit to skyscrapercity.com, we can build up the Nigerian community together and finally get our very own sub forum!!!
Re: Pictures Of the Comissioning Of Tinapa by dblock(m): 2:02am On Apr 21, 2007
Nigerians ought to check out the Forum, If we don't represent our country, who will?
The projects and developments on the forum are only a fraction of what is going on in Nigeria, Full coverage cannot be achieved unless we get members that are actually in the country, or have information and are dedicated. Nigeria is moving in the right path construction wise, the Obajana cement factory is ongoing and upon completion will be the largest in Africa (builders and contractors in Nigeria are aware that the prize of cement per bag has risen) but when the cememtn factory is realised prizes will surely go down, and construction in the country will be cheaper.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________
Factfile Page 1
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=368540

Last Page
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=368540&page=25

The issue at hand! (Nigerian forum or No Nigerian forum)
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=464522

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=420039

Economic News
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=441211&page=13

Abuja & Lagos Galleries
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=157401
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=425304&page=10
______________________________________________________________________________________________________

We ought to represent this country of ours, Nigeria has it's problems but taking part and improving Nigeria's image by giving insight to foreigners isn't ignoring our problems or pretending that they do't exist. Cheers smiley
Re: Pictures Of the Comissioning Of Tinapa by alabiyemmy(m): 11:26am On Apr 21, 2007
i love my country - for sure. We want aTinapa in Lagos or Abuja.

Great work on the local airport - is it opened, iguess it is?
Re: Pictures Of the Comissioning Of Tinapa by debosky(m): 4:40pm On Apr 21, 2007
not yet opened, comissioned but still getting finishing touches
Re: Pictures Of the Comissioning Of Tinapa by 9ja4eva: 7:45am On Apr 22, 2007
Heard its a wonderful piece.
Re: Pictures Of the Comissioning Of Tinapa by my2cents(m): 3:33pm On Apr 27, 2007
So what's the deal with tinapa? Have any of you on here gone shopping there yet? How are the prices? How much is it to rent a shopping space there? If you don't have a means of transportation, how (and how much does it cost) to get there?

Answers to these and more would be appreciated wink

Thanks,
Re: Pictures Of the Comissioning Of Tinapa by olabosun(m): 4:32pm On Apr 27, 2007
it's a pity.the so called Tinapa studio. Does not hav a camera crane to use on the day of commisioning.Jst the NTA camera men came to swiing their camera as usuall.they call this entertainment arena in west africa.Tinapa abi wetin dey call am.it's rubish.
Nothing can work in nigeria until all there old fools are over wit their session.i'm sorry 2 say dat bu it's the whole truth.
Re: Pictures Of the Comissioning Of Tinapa by ebeledi(m): 9:13pm On Apr 27, 2007
ask not what your country can do for u but what u can do for your country besides complain

olabosun:

it's a pity.the so called Tinapa studio. Does not hav a camera crane to use on the day of commisioning.Jst the NTA camera men came to swiing their camera as usuall.they call this entertainment arena in west africa.Tinapa abi wetin dey call am.it's rubish.
Nothing can work in nigeria until all there old fools are over wit their session.i'm sorry 2 say that bu it's the whole truth.
Re: Pictures Of the Comissioning Of Tinapa by beavers007(m): 9:28pm On Apr 27, 2007
olabosun:

Nothing can work in nigeria until all there old fools are over wit their session.i'm sorry 2 say that bu it's the whole truth.
Mr pessimist. Let me recorroborate Ebeledi's question.What have you contributed to the development of your neighbourhood or street?Please, before you begin your illogical criticism, ask yourself why Studio Tinapa should have crane cameras on commisioning day when they aren't ready 2 start shooting movies there yet?
Re: Pictures Of the Comissioning Of Tinapa by 9ja4eva: 10:17pm On Apr 27, 2007
lol
Re: Pictures Of the Comissioning Of Tinapa by 9jadude1: 5:25pm On Apr 29, 2007
For all you folks and potential tourist looking for tinapa pics, here is a link to a good site http://www.showafrika.com for once the pics on this site centres on the main showcase which is the tourist attractions available and not people.
Re: Pictures Of the Comissioning Of Tinapa by 9jadude1: 5:29pm On Apr 29, 2007
This looks great thumbs up Nigeria, we need continuity. And most of all thumbs up to Governor Duke if he can do do this for cross river state, then no other state governor in nigeria has any excuse. Most of all Tinubu of lagos state with all its beaches and tourism potential should take note.
Re: Pictures Of the Comissioning Of Tinapa by 9jadude1: 5:32pm On Apr 29, 2007
One more thing for all you visitors and tourist to nigeria, if you think lagos is too unsafe fly direct to calabar it more safer down there, cheers
Re: Pictures Of the Comissioning Of Tinapa by LondonCool(m): 7:08pm On Apr 29, 2007
9ja dude:

For all you folks and potential tourist looking for tinapa pics, here is a link to a good site http://www.showafrika.com for once the pics on this site centres on the main showcase which is the tourist attractions available and not people.

Nice pictures !
Re: Pictures Of the Comissioning Of Tinapa by 9ja4eva: 3:47am On May 01, 2007
Nice pics
Re: Pictures Of the Comissioning Of Tinapa by PapaBrowne(m): 9:26pm On May 17, 2007
Anybody shopped at Tinapa yet? Howz it and what was shopping like?
Re: Pictures Of the Comissioning Of Tinapa by 9ja4eva: 7:19am On May 19, 2007
Dnt think its open to d public yet

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Kano Western Bye-Pass Road Completed By Buhari (Photos) / Pictures Of The Collapsed Mokwa-Jebba Highway Bridge / Nigerian Man From Ebonyi Dies In Italy Along With 11 Other Migrants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.