Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,139 members, 7,814,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:00 AM

Chris Ngige: I Am Considering Contesting For A Senatorial Seat - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chris Ngige: I Am Considering Contesting For A Senatorial Seat (11163 Views)

Ngige: I Have Consulted God, Angel And Arch-Angels On My Presidential Ambition / Ngige: I Rejected Money To Accept Uba’s Victory In APC Primary / Ngige: I Don’t Have Interest In Anambra Governorship For Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chris Ngige: I Am Considering Contesting For A Senatorial Seat by goldcoinhub: 9:31am On Aug 21, 2018
The Minister of Labour and Employment, Dr Chris Ngige, has mentioned that he is considering contesting the Anambra Central Senatorial seat on the platform of the All Progressives Congress in the 2019 general elections.

According to The Punch, Ngige disclosed his ambition on Monday at a briefing at Obosi in the Idemili North Local Government Area of Anambra State.

Ngige represented the Anambra Central District in the Senate between 2011 and 2015 after defeating a former minister of Information, the late Prof. Dora Akunyili, of the All Progressives Grand Alliance in the 2011 general elections.

Ngige, who claimed he was under pressure from both Anambra and South-East leaders to contest the poll, said he would declare his official position in two weeks.

He said;

“The people who are pressurising me are my constituents; the people of Anambra State and some prominent people from the South-East.

“We are all in agreement that we need to go and better the milieu of the ninth Senate. Many people feel that the present eighth Senate has been engulfed in a battle of supremacy with the executive and they feel that some of us who have tested the executive and legislature should go back. The Senate is not for kindergartens.

“I am considering it, I am consulting and the result of my consultations will be made known in a fortnight.”

Reminded of allegations that the APC government of President Muhammadu Buhari had not been felt in Anambra State and the entire South-East, Ngige described the allegation as deliberate falsehood and a campaign of calumny from the opposition.

He said:

“The Federal Government of Nigeria has been generous to the people of the South-East; I am from the South-East. You see the President promised us infrastructure development and the South-East has not been left out.

“When you talk about infrastructure, you are talking about transport, road infrastructure, air infrastructure, sea, health and power infrastructure. In all these areas, we (South- East) have not been left untouched.

“If you drive from Enugu now to Awka, you will see the work that is ongoing on the Enugu-Onitsha Expressway; if you go there and see the thickness of asphalting work, you will marvel.”

He added that the construction of the second Niger Bridge had reached 48 per cent.

https://lailasnews.com/im-considering-contesting-for-a-senatorial-seat-ngige/

1 Like

Re: Chris Ngige: I Am Considering Contesting For A Senatorial Seat by dingbang(m): 9:33am On Aug 21, 2018
angry all these politicians should go and rest na..

Meanwhile, esteemed first bank customers, y'all can now perform wonderful transactions on the first mobile app, please click the link on my signature for more details on how to register, thanks .
Re: Chris Ngige: I Am Considering Contesting For A Senatorial Seat by Racoon(m): 9:41am On Aug 21, 2018
shocked Twice beaten twice shy.

16 Likes

Re: Chris Ngige: I Am Considering Contesting For A Senatorial Seat by seunmsg(m): 9:42am On Aug 21, 2018
Senate presidency on Ngige's mind. If Igbo's fail to vote him and APC this time around, it is their loss since Akpabio from the south south has already positioned himself for that seat. In politics, you calculate and position yourself for opportunities. Ngige is simply positioning himself for the Senate presidency next year.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chris Ngige: I Am Considering Contesting For A Senatorial Seat by Racoon(m): 9:43am On Aug 21, 2018
Ngige on a failed third missionary journey loading.You better stick to your ministerial portfolio man.

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Chris Ngige: I Am Considering Contesting For A Senatorial Seat by Eziokwugbaoto: 9:44am On Aug 21, 2018
From Governor >Senator>Minister. And you want to come back to the senate and who knows after 2023 you might want to contest for the governorship seat again. The Nigerian polity recycles the same political wastes and keep on expecting different results. So bad!

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Chris Ngige: I Am Considering Contesting For A Senatorial Seat by dlondonbadboy: 9:44am On Aug 21, 2018
Sell-outs

2 Likes

Re: Chris Ngige: I Am Considering Contesting For A Senatorial Seat by iLoveAnambra(m): 9:45am On Aug 21, 2018
For which state U ar a bastard man.. U wont even win ur ward again..

Anambra is apga..apga is Anambra

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chris Ngige: I Am Considering Contesting For A Senatorial Seat by Udantu: 9:45am On Aug 21, 2018
The serial loser should run again with that devilish party. The highest he will win is idemili north

7 Likes

Re: Chris Ngige: I Am Considering Contesting For A Senatorial Seat by buharitill2023: 9:48am On Aug 21, 2018
Ngige is good

1 Like

Re: Chris Ngige: I Am Considering Contesting For A Senatorial Seat by iLoveAnambra(m): 9:50am On Aug 21, 2018
buharitill2023:
Ngige is good
good for Osun not Anambra..

52 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Chris Ngige: I Am Considering Contesting For A Senatorial Seat by freeze001(f): 10:09am On Aug 21, 2018
seunmsg:
Senate presidency on Ngige's mind. If Igbo's fail to vote him and APC this time around, it is their loss since Akpabio from the south south has already positioned himself for that seat. In politics, you calculate and position yourself for opportunities. Ngige is simply positioning himself for the Senate presidency next year.

There are quite a number of Igbos in the Senate who are APC members like: Andy Uba, Sunny Ogbuoji, Hope Uzodinma and Benjamin Uwajumogu. Can Senate presidency not come to d SE through any of them?

45 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Chris Ngige: I Am Considering Contesting For A Senatorial Seat by BeeBeeOoh(m): 10:16am On Aug 21, 2018
It will be delightful to watch Ngige lose in an adorable way.

It will be damn sexy

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chris Ngige: I Am Considering Contesting For A Senatorial Seat by BeeBeeOoh(m): 10:32am On Aug 21, 2018
Ngige that couldn't deliver his LGA to APC in last Anambra guber is considering to contest for senate.

The humiliation will be outta this world mehn

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chris Ngige: I Am Considering Contesting For A Senatorial Seat by Johnnyessence(m): 10:37am On Aug 21, 2018
it is another efforts in futility.

3 Likes

Re: Chris Ngige: I Am Considering Contesting For A Senatorial Seat by Ekez(m): 10:44am On Aug 21, 2018
Oga wetin naw.
Who wan vote for u,
Well our votes don't count sometimes
Re: Chris Ngige: I Am Considering Contesting For A Senatorial Seat by EmekaMD(m): 10:48am On Aug 21, 2018
LoL who hold you before?

Just know that we're not interested in the kind of APC change you wanna preach to us.

If you wanna bring the "change" Buhari is offering Nigeria then "No thanks"

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chris Ngige: I Am Considering Contesting For A Senatorial Seat by aylive02(m): 10:48am On Aug 21, 2018
goldcoinhub:
The Minister of Labour and Employment, Dr Chris Ngige, has mentioned that he is considering contesting the Anambra Central Senatorial seat on the platform of the All Progressives Congress in the 2019 general elections.

According to The Punch, Ngige disclosed his ambition on Monday at a briefing at Obosi in the Idemili North Local Government Area of Anambra State.

Ngige represented the Anambra Central District in the Senate between 2011 and 2015 after defeating a former minister of Information, the late Prof. Dora Akunyili, of the All Progressives Grand Alliance in the 2011 general elections.

Ngige, who claimed he was under pressure from both Anambra and South-East leaders to contest the poll, said he would declare his official position in two weeks.

He said;

“The people who are pressurising me are my constituents; the people of Anambra State and some prominent people from the South-East.

“We are all in agreement that we need to go and better the milieu of the ninth Senate. Many people feel that the present eighth Senate has been engulfed in a battle of supremacy with the executive and they feel that some of us who have tested the executive and legislature should go back. The Senate is not for kindergartens.

“I am considering it, I am consulting and the result of my consultations will be made known in a fortnight.”

Reminded of allegations that the APC government of President Muhammadu Buhari had not been felt in Anambra State and the entire South-East, Ngige described the allegation as deliberate falsehood and a campaign of calumny from the opposition.

He said:

“The Federal Government of Nigeria has been generous to the people of the South-East; I am from the South-East. You see the President promised us infrastructure development and the South-East has not been left out.

“When you talk about infrastructure, you are talking about transport, road infrastructure, air infrastructure, sea, health and power infrastructure. In all these areas, we (South- East) have not been left untouched.

“If you drive from Enugu now to Awka, you will see the work that is ongoing on the Enugu-Onitsha Expressway; if you go there and see the thickness of asphalting work, you will marvel.”

He added that the construction of the second Niger Bridge had reached 48 per cent.

https://lailasnews.com/im-considering-contesting-for-a-senatorial-seat-ngige/

. Really
Re: Chris Ngige: I Am Considering Contesting For A Senatorial Seat by enemyofprogress: 10:48am On Aug 21, 2018
Rubbish. Abeg go and due Jo

Father, yiu allowed Buhari to win in 2015 just to teach us a lesson. Lord, we hav learned d lesson . Pls don't let us repeat the class

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chris Ngige: I Am Considering Contesting For A Senatorial Seat by ijemishkisic(m): 10:49am On Aug 21, 2018
In Nigeria! Even someone suggested in the national conference 2014 that it should be called "Airegin" ........ So full of surprises
Re: Chris Ngige: I Am Considering Contesting For A Senatorial Seat by izzou(m): 10:49am On Aug 21, 2018
seunmsg:

The other Igbo senators in the house nko?

grin grin grin grin

Funniest comment for today

11 Likes

Re: Chris Ngige: I Am Considering Contesting For A Senatorial Seat by SpeedGod: 10:49am On Aug 21, 2018
Ekez:
Oga wetin naw.
Who wan vote for u,
Well our votes don't count sometimes

Senate again? Only una , na waao.
Re: Chris Ngige: I Am Considering Contesting For A Senatorial Seat by Glink2018(m): 10:50am On Aug 21, 2018
Every politicians have his own time and season.

I think ngige time don pass.

Why can't he announce his retirement from active politics while he's still occupying ministerial seat.

Just an advise.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chris Ngige: I Am Considering Contesting For A Senatorial Seat by dynasty01: 10:50am On Aug 21, 2018
freeze001:

There are quite a number of Igbos in the Senate who are APC members like: Andy Uba, Sunny Ogbuoji, Hope Uzodinma and Benjamin Uwajumogu. Can Senate presidency not come to d SE through any of them?
don't mind him. cheap Internet data have made everyone become political analyst

6 Likes

Re: Chris Ngige: I Am Considering Contesting For A Senatorial Seat by Nobody: 10:51am On Aug 21, 2018
Who are you telling now?

Re: Chris Ngige: I Am Considering Contesting For A Senatorial Seat by Omeokachie: 10:51am On Aug 21, 2018
This midget too that was saved from being lynched during the last APC congress?

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chris Ngige: I Am Considering Contesting For A Senatorial Seat by princechurchill(m): 10:52am On Aug 21, 2018
seunmsg:

We remain the only region that vote with our heart for greater good of our community not in the name of politics like those who are zombies that follows their masters yet suffer from under development

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chris Ngige: I Am Considering Contesting For A Senatorial Seat by seunmsg(m): 10:52am On Aug 21, 2018
freeze001:

Nothing wrong in Ngige positioning himself for the seat as well.

3 Likes

Re: Chris Ngige: I Am Considering Contesting For A Senatorial Seat by engrjacuzzi: 10:53am On Aug 21, 2018
as a minister of labour and productivity, what did you offer to workers Ngige you're indeed a colossal shame and a nugget.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chris Ngige: I Am Considering Contesting For A Senatorial Seat by Mankosi: 10:53am On Aug 21, 2018
Sb should wake him up pls. I can see he's not seeing his menstrual cycle as a minister.

1 Like

Re: Chris Ngige: I Am Considering Contesting For A Senatorial Seat by luizkyworld(m): 10:56am On Aug 21, 2018
Place politicians on minimum wage, & u'd be surprised how some politicians will walk on de streets with their CV's looking for security jobs. Even political science department will be scrapped. In fact, Nigerian senate shud be changed to "Ex Governors Lodge"

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Insecurity: Stop Lying To Nigerians, PDP Counsels Lai Mohammed / Kyari: IGP Didn’t Shut Intelligence, Special Tactical Squads - Muyiwa Adejobi / Omokri: Obi, Tinubu Are Regional Candidates, Atiku Is A National Leader (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.