Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,728 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:09 PM

Chris Ngige: I Am Considering Contesting For A Senatorial Seat - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chris Ngige: I Am Considering Contesting For A Senatorial Seat (11171 Views)

Ngige: I Have Consulted God, Angel And Arch-Angels On My Presidential Ambition / Ngige: I Rejected Money To Accept Uba’s Victory In APC Primary / Ngige: I Don’t Have Interest In Anambra Governorship For Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chris Ngige: I Am Considering Contesting For A Senatorial Seat by Metuh: 10:56am On Aug 21, 2018
seunmsg:
Senate presidency on Ngige's mind. If Igbo's fail to vote him and APC this time around, it is their loss since Akpabio from the south south has already positioned himself for that seat. In politics, you calculate and position yourself for opportunities. Ngige is simply positioning himself for the Senate presidency next year.
This one will just be talking anyhow.

what have you benefited from Tinubu your leader?

Of what benefit will it be for the common masses?

What will Igbos gain from him becoming a senator?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chris Ngige: I Am Considering Contesting For A Senatorial Seat by Nobody: 10:56am On Aug 21, 2018
Bros don see say bar no dey flow for that lame duck ministry.

He wants a plum office.

No time to check time

Nigerian politicians are the real yahoo boys

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chris Ngige: I Am Considering Contesting For A Senatorial Seat by mosesjida(m): 10:57am On Aug 21, 2018
I Lyk dis guy he day straight forward... nigga knws bubu can't win d next election so he can't get a post in d cabinet again
Re: Chris Ngige: I Am Considering Contesting For A Senatorial Seat by AbdoneA: 10:58am On Aug 21, 2018
God Almighty will disgrace you as impunity is what you are into in your current position.. Supporting evil people and taking labour issues for granted. Recent one was that of Energy Commission's Director General. Despite obvious reasons that he is corrupt and clueless, you went ahead in connivance with your colleague in Science & Tech to tell the president otherwise. The pain and sorry of ECN staff will befall you and your generations.
Re: Chris Ngige: I Am Considering Contesting For A Senatorial Seat by seunmsg(m): 10:59am On Aug 21, 2018
Metuh:

This one will just be talking anyhow.

what have you benefited from Tinubu your leader?

Of what benefit will it be for the common masses?

What will Igbos gain from him becoming a senator?

Go and ask Ngige.
Re: Chris Ngige: I Am Considering Contesting For A Senatorial Seat by IkwereBuIgbo(m): 10:59am On Aug 21, 2018
seunmsg:
Senate presidency on Ngige's mind. If Igbo's fail to vote him and APC this time around, it is their loss since Akpabio from the south south has already positioned himself for that seat. In politics, you calculate and position yourself for opportunities. Ngige is simply positioning himself for the Senate presidency next year.

Look at this mpi, what is the different between Akpabio and Igbos, he is also Igbo too so we don't have problem with that.

Face front oga, whether from my state in Rivers or Calabar we are all Igbos.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chris Ngige: I Am Considering Contesting For A Senatorial Seat by udo2018: 11:01am On Aug 21, 2018
freeze001:

There are quite a number of Igbos in the Senate who are APC members like: Andy Uba, Sunny Ogbuoji, Hope Uzodinma and Benjamin Uwajumogu. Can Senate presidency not come to d SE through any of them?
Are you even sure APC gonna be majority next year?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chris Ngige: I Am Considering Contesting For A Senatorial Seat by AfonjaSlaves(f): 11:01am On Aug 21, 2018
OK we heard you sir... but if he
accidentally by chance become the Senate President are they going to get another shorter seat for him because his leg no go touch the ground if he seat on that saraki seat

4 Likes

Re: Chris Ngige: I Am Considering Contesting For A Senatorial Seat by seunmsg(m): 11:01am On Aug 21, 2018
IkwereBuIgbo:

Look at this mpi, what is the different between Akpabio and Igbos, he is also Igbo too so we don't have problem with that.

Face front oga, whether from my state in Rivers or Calabar we are all Igbos.

Stop clowning.

1 Like

Re: Chris Ngige: I Am Considering Contesting For A Senatorial Seat by Awoo88: 11:02am On Aug 21, 2018
seunmsg:
Ngige and akpabio are never going to win. Rigging can only succeed where the rigger is fairly popular. Both men are unpopular right now. The same reason ameachi is respecting himself because he is never going to win any elections even if it is at the ward levels

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chris Ngige: I Am Considering Contesting For A Senatorial Seat by IkwereBuIgbo(m): 11:05am On Aug 21, 2018
seunmsg:

Stop clowning.

You are the real clown here, I hope you see him always with Igbo cap and igbo symbolic musk, so your yeye division won't work.

Take that to your region ok.
Re: Chris Ngige: I Am Considering Contesting For A Senatorial Seat by ogunsbanjul(m): 11:06am On Aug 21, 2018
Best senate president which Igbo would have produced in this present, 8th senate hadn't been he was voted for in 2015. He actually told his people but they didn't see what he saw.
Re: Chris Ngige: I Am Considering Contesting For A Senatorial Seat by Arysexy(m): 11:06am On Aug 21, 2018
[s]
seunmsg:
[/s]

To hell with Ur Senate presidency.

APC is anathema in South East

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chris Ngige: I Am Considering Contesting For A Senatorial Seat by seunmsg(m): 11:08am On Aug 21, 2018
Awoo88:

Ngige and akpabio are never going to win. Rigging can only succeed where the rigger is fairly popular. Both men are unpopular right now. The same reason ameachi is respecting himself because he is never going to win any elections even if it is at the ward levels

And the senator currently representing Amaechi's senatorial district is from APC. You see why you guys should stop smoking whatever nonsense you've been smoking.

2 Likes

Re: Chris Ngige: I Am Considering Contesting For A Senatorial Seat by CanineOfJackal: 11:09am On Aug 21, 2018
seunmsg:
can't you contest on your own instead of all this noise. grow brain please
Re: Chris Ngige: I Am Considering Contesting For A Senatorial Seat by seunmsg(m): 11:10am On Aug 21, 2018
CanineOfJackal:
can't you contest on your own instead of all this noise. grow brain please

Can't you post without quoting me?
Re: Chris Ngige: I Am Considering Contesting For A Senatorial Seat by adetes: 11:11am On Aug 21, 2018
This people will not allow young generation to rule

Re: Chris Ngige: I Am Considering Contesting For A Senatorial Seat by Charleslewizy(m): 11:12am On Aug 21, 2018
This country is so tiring, must we continue to recycle the same set of criminals in our polity. This country must somehow be under a strong curse.
Re: Chris Ngige: I Am Considering Contesting For A Senatorial Seat by 1kingwriter: 11:19am On Aug 21, 2018
Ngige, e go hard oooo

Your Juju is going blind the more - dem no de see well.

APC to win a Senate seat in Anambra - no way!

*Anambra people rejected you since you joined APC
Re: Chris Ngige: I Am Considering Contesting For A Senatorial Seat by Uchemus(m): 11:21am On Aug 21, 2018
Glink2018:
Every politicians have his own time and season.

I think ngige time don pass.

Why can't he announce his retirement from active politics while he's still occupying ministerial seat.

Just an advise.

the Senate is their retirement home.
Re: Chris Ngige: I Am Considering Contesting For A Senatorial Seat by drlateef: 11:21am On Aug 21, 2018
Wise move. It's more profitable in the Senate. The Daura DSS man also said it, that it's not profitable being a minister under Buhari. Oshiomole has shouted on him to stop stealing by awarding contracts and refusing to inaugurate the boards under him. He has seen the handwriting on the wall. Sai Baba.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chris Ngige: I Am Considering Contesting For A Senatorial Seat by Akpan107(m): 11:23am On Aug 21, 2018
seunmsg:
Akpabio will be voted out in 2019, Because of his party, so count him out.
Re: Chris Ngige: I Am Considering Contesting For A Senatorial Seat by akiOYIBO: 11:30am On Aug 21, 2018
grin Thickness of asphalt now a measure of achievements in Nigerian governments grin
Re: Chris Ngige: I Am Considering Contesting For A Senatorial Seat by maestroferddi: 11:41am On Aug 21, 2018
seunmsg:

Nothing wrong in Ngige positioning himself for the seat as well.
Stop embarrassing yourself, Mr Man.
Re: Chris Ngige: I Am Considering Contesting For A Senatorial Seat by freeze001(f): 11:42am On Aug 21, 2018
udo2018:
Are you even sure APC gonna be majority next year?
Just wondered why that one I quoted felt Senate presidency was guaranteed for Ngige if he won election next year as if the SE isn't represented by Senators in both PDP and APC already.

2 Likes

Re: Chris Ngige: I Am Considering Contesting For A Senatorial Seat by KanwuliaExtra: 11:49am On Aug 21, 2018
Not enough money to chop as redundant minister? grin

1 Like

Re: Chris Ngige: I Am Considering Contesting For A Senatorial Seat by wilsonm(m): 11:53am On Aug 21, 2018
ok go ahead and contest.
Re: Chris Ngige: I Am Considering Contesting For A Senatorial Seat by Nobody: 12:09pm On Aug 21, 2018
goldcoinhub:
The Minister of Labour and Employment, Dr Chris Ngige, has mentioned that he is considering contesting the Anambra Central Senatorial seat on the platform of the All Progressives Congress in the 2019 general elections.

According to The Punch, Ngige disclosed his ambition on Monday at a briefing at Obosi in the Idemili North Local Government Area of Anambra State.

Ngige represented the Anambra Central District in the Senate between 2011 and 2015 after defeating a former minister of Information, the late Prof. Dora Akunyili, of the All Progressives Grand Alliance in the 2011 general elections.

Ngige, who claimed he was under pressure from both Anambra and South-East leaders to contest the poll, said he would declare his official position in two weeks.

He said;

“The people who are pressurising me are my constituents; the people of Anambra State and some prominent people from the South-East.

“We are all in agreement that we need to go and better the milieu of the ninth Senate. Many people feel that the present eighth Senate has been engulfed in a battle of supremacy with the executive and they feel that some of us who have tested the executive and legislature should go back. The Senate is not for kindergartens.

“I am considering it, I am consulting and the result of my consultations will be made known in a fortnight.”

Reminded of allegations that the APC government of President Muhammadu Buhari had not been felt in Anambra State and the entire South-East, Ngige described the allegation as deliberate falsehood and a campaign of calumny from the opposition.

He said:

“The Federal Government of Nigeria has been generous to the people of the South-East; I am from the South-East. You see the President promised us infrastructure development and the South-East has not been left out.

“When you talk about infrastructure, you are talking about transport, road infrastructure, air infrastructure, sea, health and power infrastructure. In all these areas, we (South- East) have not been left untouched.

“If you drive from Enugu now to Awka, you will see the work that is ongoing on the Enugu-Onitsha Expressway; if you go there and see the thickness of asphalting work, you will marvel.”

He added that the construction of the second Niger Bridge had reached 48 per cent.

https://lailasnews.com/im-considering-contesting-for-a-senatorial-seat-ngige/

go nah, make Stella Oduah beat u bleu noir grin
Re: Chris Ngige: I Am Considering Contesting For A Senatorial Seat by Nwanna2588: 12:11pm On Aug 21, 2018
seunmsg:
Igbos are too wise to be deceived with that. We have tasted it and don't care if we are given it or not.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A’ibom Deputy Gov, Others Attacked In Akpabio’s Country Home / 2023 Presidency: Again, Northern Elders Say No To Zoning / Wike Drowning, His Ambition Impeding PDP Candidates In Rivers — APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.