Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,463 members, 7,819,688 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:03 PM

Birthday Gifts And Relationships - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Birthday Gifts And Relationships (4974 Views)

10 Things Stingy Girls Present As Birthday Gifts For Their Boyfriend / 8 Things Stingy Guys Present As Birthday Gifts For Their Girlfriend / Birthday Gifts For Your Girlfriend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Birthday Gifts And Relationships by Faher(m): 5:34pm On Jun 26, 2010
Hmm, I'm sure I can't be accused of not reading the OP's post.

For me, I'd love my fiance/gf/wife to give me a hint of what she likes.
If she feels I don't get the message, then she should tell me what she wants.
The whole element of surprise thingy is overrated.

This is why most gifts are just a waste of space.
I've got gifts at home that I never use because they were surprise gifts I didn't need

Btw, your friend is either immature or maybe she wants a psychic partner.
That reasoning of hers is too childish.
Re: Birthday Gifts And Relationships by andyprez(m): 5:37pm On Jun 26, 2010
As for your friend that thinks she will break up with her partner if he buys what she doesnt like,i dont think that's the best.

[quote][/quote]
Thank you! Its funny to imagine the way 'some' ladies think, So your relationship is tied to gifts?, Pfheew!
Re: Birthday Gifts And Relationships by tolutara: 5:45pm On Jun 26, 2010
Faher:

I've got gifts at home that I never use because they were surprise gifts I didn't need

Finally another individual gets my question and was able to answer it , thanks darling, I was beginning to feel like WTH?
Re: Birthday Gifts And Relationships by Faher(m): 5:49pm On Jun 26, 2010
^^^ You're welcome cheesy
Re: Birthday Gifts And Relationships by tolutara: 5:50pm On Jun 26, 2010
newmusic:

Let's get it clear, you re talking about birthday gift,relationship,break up and surprise,

whats really your question regarding this?

since you dont want a surprise,tell him what you want then,it is better that way.

As for your friend that thinks she will break up with her partner if he buys what she doesnt like,i dont think that's the best.

Am i getting the right answer now or better you re-structure your question if you think i am still wrong.

you are tew much, hahahahhahah grin grin grin grin
Re: Birthday Gifts And Relationships by newmusic: 5:50pm On Jun 26, 2010
Simply because tolutara does not like surprises,she thinks some people dont understand her question,
Tell your husband what you want ohhhhhhh,
Re: Birthday Gifts And Relationships by tolutara: 5:52pm On Jun 26, 2010
newmusic:

Simply because tolutara does not like surprises,she thinks some people dont understand her question,
Tell your husband what you want ohhhhhhh,

Ok Music, again, the comprehesion issue. Where did I say in all my posts I did not like surprises, ?, I tire for you cool

I already told him what I wanted, it's in the original post.
Re: Birthday Gifts And Relationships by iice(f): 5:53pm On Jun 26, 2010
Getting to the stage of beyond salvageable cheesy
Re: Birthday Gifts And Relationships by tolutara: 5:54pm On Jun 26, 2010
iice:

Getting to the stage of beyond salvageable cheesy

Iice, good luck Ms moderator, it this what you deal with all day, gosh, must be tough, lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed Me I don tire.
Re: Birthday Gifts And Relationships by iice(f): 5:59pm On Jun 26, 2010
lol. . .i blame all those strikes tongue

Faher:

Great post especially the overrated part cheesy
Re: Birthday Gifts And Relationships by newmusic: 6:02pm On Jun 26, 2010
Another example of poster not reading or fully comprehending.

I did not ask for a Surprise gift. I wanted an Amazon Kindle, Husbby is fine with it even though I know he might have other things up his sleeves.(it is not an issue)

The question was about my friends opinion about the whole thing, please go back and comprehend this post. Thanks
Re: Birthday Gifts And Relationships by tolutara: 6:02pm On Jun 26, 2010
iice:

lol. . .i blame all those strikes tongue

Great post especially the overrated part cheesy

I quite agree with Faher. And my friend, that was my exact response to her but we had to agree to disagree on this one, I guess, that might be why she is still looking for Mr Perfect and Knowall  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Birthday Gifts And Relationships by tolutara: 6:03pm On Jun 26, 2010
@ New Music

I said I did not ask for one, it doesn't translate to I hate one, . Ema gbami ke?
Re: Birthday Gifts And Relationships by newmusic: 6:06pm On Jun 26, 2010
ok ok ko si wahala, lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Birthday Gifts And Relationships by CarlosVent(m): 6:23pm On Jun 26, 2010
U SHULD NOT TEL UR SPOUSE OR HUBBY ABT IT.
PERIOD
Re: Birthday Gifts And Relationships by Beetle: 6:30pm On Jun 26, 2010
I do tell DH what I want so I don't end up going to the shops and swapping it for something else. Funny thing is he knows exactly what to get me but I'm an indecisive chicken that doesn't know what she wants, so for valentine I told him what I wanted and he got it. I've started drumming it into his ears what I want for my birthday and waiting in anticipation for the d day.

I concur to telling DH what you want tolutara jo and I pray DH gets me my LV bag and make me the happiest lady on planet earth. Your friend needs to grow up ' if hubby doesn't know what you want isn't the end of the road and shouldn't mean the relationship is heading for the rocks'. Besides what works in one relationship might not work in yours. My two pence.
Re: Birthday Gifts And Relationships by tolutara: 6:37pm On Jun 26, 2010
Beetle:

I do tell DH what I want so I don't end up going to the shops and swapping it for something else. Funny thing is he knows exactly what to get me but I'm an indecisive chicken that doesn't know what she wants, so for valentine I told him what I wanted and he got it. I've started drumming it into his ears what I want for my birthday and waiting in anticipation for the d day.

I concur to telling DH what you want tolutara jo and I pray DH gets me my LV bag and make me the happiest lady on planet earth. Your friend needs to grow up ' if hubby doesn't know what you want isn't the end of the road and shouldn't mean the relationship is heading for the rocks'. Besides what works in one relationship might not work in yours. My two pence.

True, cheesy
Re: Birthday Gifts And Relationships by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jun 26, 2010
Re: Birthday Gifts And Relationships by Busybody2(f): 10:10pm On Jun 26, 2010
My other half has this warped idea that the most expensive thing in a shop is the one of the highest quality, the only time I don't complain about this "logic" is naturally on my birthdays, Valentine day, etc and ever since he got me some horrid looking designer bag costing ££££ in his favourite colour - murky brown - and i let him have it, i think i even cried that day embarassed now he gets me giftcards and gift voucher of the store i wanna buy from.

He still loves surprising me with lil gifts like perfumes, jewelries and the likes, which i grudgingly accept angry I can't even stand what he gets for the kids, which as usual comes in his favourite colour brown and beige angry
Re: Birthday Gifts And Relationships by Busybody2(f): 10:43pm On Jun 26, 2010
acidosis:
Now I'm beginning to understand Ladies. Ladies are confused creatures without the knowledge of what they want and what they do not want.
Anyway, I'll advice you go with your darling husband's opinion.
If you really wanna make your choice, then why don't you just get it yourself in a shopping mall.

TRANSLATION/SUMMARY : WOMEN SHA i.e. comparing you and your friend's opposing stance. Then Acid concluded by saying; ANYWAY IT IS GOOD TO LET YOUR DARLING HUSBAND ALWAYS SURPRISE YOU, YOU CAN ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU WANT YOURSELF.

ALSO DIDN'T SEE ANYTHING WRONG WITH NEWMUSIC'S RESPONSE TO SHOW HE DIDN'T UNDERSTAND, HE TOO VIRTUALLY SAID WHAT ALL THE MALE OF THE SPECIES ON THIS THREAD ACIDOSIS INCLUDED HAVE SAID I.E. DON'T SPOIL THE ELEMENT OF SURPRISE FOR YOUR HUBBY, INDULGE HIS DESIRE TO SURPRISE YOU undecided Its just that they dwelled more on that, than your friend's brain short circuit induced moment's yarns lipsrsealed

iice link=topic=468993.msg6287457#msg6287457date=1277568971:

like another gift again?

Didn't know there was an invention called the calculator so I used my hands and toes but can deffo deduce that there are at least 364 remaining days in d year - which too are potential appreciation/gift receiving days for us ladies tongue tongue grin
Re: Birthday Gifts And Relationships by GL(f): 10:47pm On Jun 26, 2010
if i'm in a very close relationship with a person, i would rather ask for something i really want than risk not getting it.  before i buy gifts for my siblings and parents i always ask what they want. i don't ask other people however, and i've bought on many occassions on very nice gifts that end up not being suitable for the recipient.

that element of surprise thing doesn't really work on me cos i don't portray excitement well. besides, i'm usually more excited over something i'm anticipating than over something i have.
Re: Birthday Gifts And Relationships by Pharoh: 12:27am On Jun 27, 2010
Surprise should be left for the other random days in the year and let those special occasions should go with what the recipient asked for IMO.

Why spoil my special day with a gift i never wanted all in the name of surprise? undecided The most important thing is to appreciate that your partner fulfilled your wish and not putting them into all these surprise test.

I can always study my partner and give her gifts from time to time on what i have observed that she likes but lacks at the moment.

As for your friend, i just pity her quest to find the elusive mr perfect.
Re: Birthday Gifts And Relationships by bintab(f): 7:26am On Jun 27, 2010
chaircover:

Tolu I’m with you on this one. I am comfortable enough now with my hubby to tell him what I would like for a gift. I have fond out that there is No point in stressing over something that has a solution.

Some people are blessed with making good choices, good at shopping, have the time to shop around and are able to pay attention to detail while some aren’t too good at choosing suitable gifts.

In the early years I used to get really upset each time I opened an inappropriate present yet once again and used to think that my husband didn’t love me enough to go the extra mile to actually work out what I really wanted instead of buying things I would never use. I used to wonder how even though he had a whole year to plan and get it right, he could still get it wrong.

I’ve received sat Navs for Christmas (The irony is I use it only 10% and he uses it 90% of the time), exercise balls on Valentines day, picnic baskets for my birthday, and every Christmas I get a bottle of Christian Dior poison. I used to wonder why he choose the name poison (was he trying to tell me something) grin and price tags left on cards & gifts etc

Most present either doesn’t get used, is given away or returned to the shops. Now he gets me a smaller present that he chooses and he gets me something else that we have both agreed on. I usually make sure that the presents get increasingly expensive each time So I am happy and he is happ that I am happy wink

He can surprise me in other ways & there are a thousand other ways to be romantic but We have both agreed not to do present surprises at least for now until he overcomes his shopping mall phobia wink

Jees,you just write out my own epistle here.
Re: Birthday Gifts And Relationships by Ranoscky(m): 7:47am On Jun 27, 2010
Me myself, i no send gift! any1 wey my gurlie give me, even if na boxers sef, omo i go appreciate'am like mad b'cos i no expect am at-all. my GF appreciates whatever gift i buy for her b'cos she never xpected such gift, and b'cos she know's i do get her whatever gift she desire apart from BDG/VAL-G. She herself has never for once asked me to get her a particular gift for her BD or VAL dat's just d 1 good reason y i don't hesitate to buy her whatever gift she desire apart from BDG/VAL-G, so long as i can afford it.
Re: Birthday Gifts And Relationships by Ranoscky(m): 7:53am On Jun 27, 2010
Quote from ChiarCover: I usually make sure that the presents get increasingly expensive each time So I am happy and he is happ that I am happy.

^^^Na ur type dey send guys to village/square1 with una XTRAVAGANT demand.
Re: Birthday Gifts And Relationships by tennyalad(m): 9:21am On Jun 27, 2010
i think its best you let him buy what he wants to buy, cos that obviously means thats what he thinks is best for you. if you want something in particular why not buy it on other days or if you feel its a little bit out of budget you can as well talk about it
my wife will never tell me what she wants for a gift all she will say is she got enough already and when she asks me what i want i say things she will never grant like visit to a strip club smiley and things like that. So we get each other what we think will renew our feelings for each other and its not based on what we need.
Re: Birthday Gifts And Relationships by newmusic: 10:40am On Jun 27, 2010
What a nice contribution from busy_body, thank you jare,
Re: Birthday Gifts And Relationships by iice(f): 1:45pm On Jun 27, 2010
Busy_body:

Didn't know there was an invention called the calculator so I used my hands and toes but can deffo deduce that there are at least 364 remaining days in d year - which too are potential appreciation/gift receiving days for us ladies tongue tongue grin

Really? undecided Like another birthday gift after the birthday.
Anyway i'm not a gift person
Re: Birthday Gifts And Relationships by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jun 27, 2010
Re: Birthday Gifts And Relationships by Ranoscky(m): 6:10pm On Jun 27, 2010
^^^^ ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d. . .ydkmwl ;d
Re: Birthday Gifts And Relationships by OBOBO1: 9:30pm On Jun 27, 2010
women and their funny characters, well i did my birthday last sunday and my wife surprises me with 10 boxers and perfumes, she knew it that i dont have any more shorts on me and i really appreciate it, ladies like surprises and we men have to give it to them, actually i dont really like surprises because i surprised my wife some times ago with under wears and some other stuffs,i spent over seventy thousand naira not knowing that what she really needed then was just worth of fourty thousand naira to get them, waooo, i wasted money because she did not like what i bought her, i will rather surprise my girl by giving her a surprise outing take her to a big store and ask her to take all what she need, lol, thanks
Re: Birthday Gifts And Relationships by ufos77: 6:52am On Jun 28, 2010
I wanted to surprise one of my past girlfriends with a new Homda City car for her birthday which was 3 months away.
But due to her level of thinking like that of tolutara and co, she told me what she wanted which was a Blackberry phone.
I ended up giving her what she wanted and she lost something greater, I would have given her.
MY GIRLFRIEND WAS MATERIALISTIC AND I THOUGHT I COULD CHANGE HER FOR THE BETTER. SHE IS MARRIED NOW AND STILL DISPLAYS THIS INSATIABLE ATTITUDE BY MAKING DEMANDS ON ME THAT HER HUSBAND CANNOT GIVE HER. WHAT I DO IS GIVE HER MONEY EQUIVALENT:
A friend of mine was thinking of building a bungalow(real asset) in his wife's name for her birthday-this was their first house ever and he was thinking of doing it to protect his wife friom relatives should he die prematurely. But just like tolutara, his wife requested for a BMW X5. That told him she was not mature enough to handle the family finances if he were to suddenly die. He gave her the car and built the house in his name.
LESSON: Ladies learn to be realistic and let your man give you what he  can comfortably afford rather than living a false life to please someone. IF truly the ladies really know their man, they will not need to tell him what they want before he provides it so long as it is within his power. UNFORTUNATELY, THIS IS THE SAD CASE OF MOST NIGERIAN LADIES. NO WONDER PEOPLE SAY NIGERIAN LADIES ARE NOT ROMANTIC-IT CONFIRMS THE SAYING: NO ROMANCE WITHOUT FINANCE.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Officially Want An Nl Romance,single Guys Only. / Women And Their Bedtime PowerS / When U Finally Meet The Guy That Is Deceiving Your Daughter (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.