Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,873 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:53 PM

My Top 10 Smartphones For 2010: For Now. - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Top 10 Smartphones For 2010: For Now. (9296 Views)

Top BEST Chinese Smartphones For 2015 / For Sale Two Weeks Old Htc Desire The Best Android Phone For 2010 / Smartphones For Mobile Forex Trading (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Top 10 Smartphones For 2010: For Now. by Maximip(m): 9:28am On Jun 30, 2010
C'mon,

Its OK to hate phone. It's not like if we are given for free we wont take.

It's not just something we would choose if there's a choice.
Re: My Top 10 Smartphones For 2010: For Now. by Azanor(m): 9:36am On Jun 30, 2010
[n3rve]:

I totally agree with Babyme. wink Blackberries are smart phones like every other out there, I don't see why people hate on it out of, "envy"? I don't hate Nokia 'cos I use a Blackberry, that's just silly. Everyone should use what works for them, for me, it's a BB. Hate it or love it, Blackberries are very nice phones, stop hating and "get a life".
We don't hate BB (at least, I don't). Matter of fact if you dash me one, I would gladly collect it and start to form like everyone else. What I hate is people who spend so much to get the phone and end up doing nothing with it but answering calls and messaging . Also if I had to spend my money to get a phone, it wouldn't be a blackberry simply because I prefer the alternatives.
Re: My Top 10 Smartphones For 2010: For Now. by malone5923(m): 9:48am On Jun 30, 2010
Every single bloody time Blackberry is mentioned in this forum the unfortunate thread ends up as a battle ground between BB haters and lovers. What is wrong with, why do I even bother?
Re: My Top 10 Smartphones For 2010: For Now. by kpolli(m): 10:30am On Jun 30, 2010
well dont u know most ppl dont have lives, they prefer hating on things
Re: My Top 10 Smartphones For 2010: For Now. by maistylz: 11:21am On Jun 30, 2010
Help needed!!!!!!!!!!
really looking for a place to buy a genuine Nokia N900 at a considerable price here in lagos.
kindly assist ASAP.
Re: My Top 10 Smartphones For 2010: For Now. by Azanor(m): 1:12pm On Jun 30, 2010
maistylz:

Help needed!!!!!!!!!!
really looking for a place to buy a genuine Nokia N900 at a considerable price here in lagos.
kindly assist ASAP.

The N900 doesn't have a considerable price, no matter where you go smiley
Re: My Top 10 Smartphones For 2010: For Now. by Vquest(m): 2:34pm On Jun 30, 2010
Azanor:

The N900 doesn't have a considerable price, no matter where you go smiley

The price for the N900 just dropped to 425 US dollars here in America. I was going to get it but NOkia has decided not to actively support the maemo OS; they're pushing symbian 4 and meego. That's a shame though.
Re: My Top 10 Smartphones For 2010: For Now. by joanana(f): 4:10pm On Jun 30, 2010
go to slot for your N900. Last tym i checked its 90k dont know if the price is lower than 90k.
Re: My Top 10 Smartphones For 2010: For Now. by n3rve(m): 8:11pm On Jun 30, 2010
Azanor:

We don't hate BB (at least, I don't). Matter of fact if you dash me one, I would gladly collect it and start to form like everyone else. What I hate is people who spend so much to get the phone and end up doing nothing with it but answering calls and messaging. Also if I had to spend my money to get a phone, it wouldn't be a blackberry simply because I prefer the alternatives.

Perhaps, that's all they need the phone for? Some people are just like that. My neighbors Dad has several very hi-tech sophisticated phones but still moves around with his "diary" full of numbers, it's just people and nature at play.
They're several of us that do a lot with the BlackBerry besides Calls / messaging. Most of the the things I posted about here is just icing on the cake. There are countless possibilities.

-[n3rve]
Re: My Top 10 Smartphones For 2010: For Now. by toideve(m): 11:32pm On Jun 30, 2010
BB 9700 is the way forward cheesy
Re: My Top 10 Smartphones For 2010: For Now. by n3rve(m): 10:07am On Jul 01, 2010
Vquest:

The price for the N900 just dropped to 425 US dollars here in America. I was going to get it but NOkia has decided not to actively support the maemo OS; they're pushing symbian 4 and meego. That's a shame though.

I don't see why that's a shame? Maemo (a Linux based mobile phone operating system develeped by Nokia), and Moblin (a Linux based mobile device operating system developed by Intel) are two companies with similar objectives, the two companies decided to merge forces to form a new system called MeeGo. MeeGo will have a larger scope than the original two systems. It is intended to support multiple hardware platforms, and run a variety of devices, including netbooks, tablet PCs, smart phones, TV sets, and vehicle entertainment systems. It's only logical that they drop support for Maemo, so that's more of good news smiley

zdnet.co.uk/news/mobile-working/2010/02/15/maemo-and-moblin-combine-into-meego-40041774/

-[n3rve]
Re: My Top 10 Smartphones For 2010: For Now. by leuelliot(m): 10:27am On Jul 01, 2010
you guys are so hilarious lol
Re: My Top 10 Smartphones For 2010: For Now. by Vquest(m): 12:06pm On Jul 01, 2010
[n3rve]:

I don't see why that's a shame? Maemo (a Linux based mobile phone operating system develeped by Nokia), and Moblin (a Linux based mobile device operating system developed by Intel) are two companies with similar objectives, the two companies decided to merge forces to form a new system called MeeGo. MeeGo will have a larger scope than the original two systems. It is intended to support multiple hardware platforms, and run a variety of devices, including netbooks, tablet PCs, smart phones, TV sets, and vehicle entertainment systems. It's only logical that they drop support for Maemo, so that's more of good news smiley

zdnet.co.uk/news/mobile-working/2010/02/15/maemo-and-moblin-combine-into-meego-40041774/

-[n3rve]

How about those people who spent their hard earned money on an expensive device (n900) and then to be basically told a few months later that your device is obsolete? There was hope when the N900 first came out that it would compatible with the meego os--used in a dual boot system--but then NOKIA came out and said no deuce. Basically Nokia is not even promising further updates for the Maemo os or firmwares for the n900; that's why I said it was a shame.
Re: My Top 10 Smartphones For 2010: For Now. by makajibbz(m): 12:12pm On Jul 01, 2010
nokia 3310
nokia 3650
nokia 3640
thuraya
kokomobile
starcomms landline, lol
and some other intelligent phones like this,
Re: My Top 10 Smartphones For 2010: For Now. by texazzpete(m): 1:19pm On Jul 01, 2010
Vquest:

How about those people who spent their hard earned money on an expensive device (n900) and then to be basically told a few months later that your device is obsolete? There was hope when the N900 first came out that it would compatible with the meego os--used in a dual boot system--but then NOKIA came out and said no deuce. Basically Nokia is not even promising further updates for the Maemo os or firmwares for the n900; that's why I said it was a shame.

Why is that a shame? If the phone doesn't feel complete at this stage, then why did you waste money on it?
And if it does feel complete, why is the fact that there will be no further updates so distressing to you?

The key appeal of the N900 is its extensibility. You can bet that geeks will be supporting the N900 with new tweaks, patches and software for a while to come.
Re: My Top 10 Smartphones For 2010: For Now. by Vquest(m): 2:03pm On Jul 01, 2010
Early adapters usually get what they deserve, oftentimes the thrill of being involved with things that very few have experienced, and at other times with stuff that becomes irrelevant very quickly. There is anger over this Nokia snafu as a lot of so called "geeks" feel it's the latest betrayal from Nokia. What you have to keep in
mind is that a lot of those same people who have been working to evolve the maemo os have already migrated to meemo. Therefore the chance of this device ever seeing its full potential is nil. Well, I'm on with the Android crowd now--but like hundreds and thousands of others, I'm still sore about the lack of vision by that company's
management.
Re: My Top 10 Smartphones For 2010: For Now. by msb247(m): 11:21pm On Jul 01, 2010
1. Blackberry Bold 9700 cool
2. Nokia X6 smiley
3. Iphone 3GS cool
4. Sony Ericsson Experia X1
5. Motorola Milestone
6. HTC Droid lipsrsealed
7. Samsung Omnia II undecided
8. Nokia N97 Mini tongue
9. Blackberry Storm 2 shocked
10. You be the judge grin cheesy

iPhone 4g cry cry cry embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
motorola (all) cry cry cry embarassed
CHINESE angry sad shocked embarassed embarassed embarassed undecided cry cry cry cry embarassed cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry angry angry sad shocked embarassed embarassed embarassed cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: My Top 10 Smartphones For 2010: For Now. by Nobody: 11:39pm On Jul 01, 2010
Point of Correction N900 will accomodate the new Meego which is far better than maemo after all Meego is Pure Qt native Code also maemo is not obsolete Maemo too is based on Qt read before posting wrong information, after all both Maemo and meego are linux so adapting the later is not biggie.
Re: My Top 10 Smartphones For 2010: For Now. by n3rve(m): 9:32am On Jul 02, 2010
pc guru:

Point of Correction N900 will accomodate the new Meego which is far better than maemo after all Meego is Pure Qt native Code also maemo is not obsolete Maemo too is based on Qt read before posting wrong information, after all both Maemo and meego are linux so adapting the later is not biggie.

+1 Agreed smiley

msb247:

2. Nokia X6 smiley
3. Iphone 3GS cool
5. Motorola Milestone
6. HTC Droid lipsrsealed
8. Nokia N97 Mini tongue

Now, isn't that the best list? wink

-[n3rve]
Re: My Top 10 Smartphones For 2010: For Now. by puskin: 4:22pm On Jul 02, 2010
msb247:

2. Nokia X6 smiley
3. Iphone 3GS cool
5. Motorola Milestone
6. HTC Droid lipsrsealed
8. Nokia N97 Mini tongue

iPhone 4g cry cry cry embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
motorola (all) cry cry cry embarassed
CHINESE angry sad shocked embarassed embarassed embarassed undecided cry cry cry cry embarassed cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry angry angry sad shocked embarassed embarassed embarassed cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

Now, I definitely do agree with dis list!!!!!
Re: My Top 10 Smartphones For 2010: For Now. by Vquest(m): 5:20pm On Jul 02, 2010
pc guru:

N900 is is being used as set of reference to develop meego.
My reaction might have been exxagerated, but c'mon.
How long did it take NOKIA to put out pr 1.2?
Re: My Top 10 Smartphones For 2010: For Now. by malone5923(m): 10:54am On Jul 04, 2010
1. Samsung I9000 Galaxy S
2. Iphone 4G
3. Blackberry Bold 9700
4. Nokia N900
5. HTC Desire
6. Sony Ericsson XPERIA X10
7. Nokia X6
8. Nokia 5230 (Budget)
9. Your phone (Laughing)
Re: My Top 10 Smartphones For 2010: For Now. by Dclique(m): 5:26pm On Jul 04, 2010
Remove 5230 from that list, then put Iphone on top and take the blackberry 3steps down. Then i will agree.
Re: My Top 10 Smartphones For 2010: For Now. by Dclique(m): 5:26pm On Jul 04, 2010
Remove 5230 from that list, then put Iphone on top and take the blackberry 3steps down. Then i will agree.
Re: My Top 10 Smartphones For 2010: For Now. by malone5923(m): 5:50pm On Jul 04, 2010
@Dclique. Reason?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Beware Of Jumia And Their Fraudulent Ways / I Activated The MTN Esim Today / How To Reduce Mobile Internet Data Usage On Android Devices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.