Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,856 members, 7,824,559 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:37 PM

Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) - Sports (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) (21014 Views)

Poll: Who Proceeds To the QuaterFinals?

Germany: 68% (31 votes)
England: 31% (14 votes)
This poll has ended

CHAN 2016: Nigeria Vs Niger (4 - 1) On 18th January 2016 / Nigeria Vs Germany: U20 World Cup (0 - 1) On 11th June 2015 / Nigeria Vs Mali (AFCON 2013) - (4 - 1) On 6th February 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by dayokanu(m): 1:36am On Jun 28, 2010
Bros i pointed that out to you in the Serbia vs Germany thread nau. That one na old story! I was just telling you that now is not the time to fear or under-estimate anyone

But normally the test for Naija shouldnt be Seychelles or Sao Tomo but Cameroun and Ghana

Same scenario, Ihave always said its only in England that people see Germany as a rival, Germans cant even see them, They see the Dutch more as rivals because the peak of German footie coincided with the peak of Dutch footie and remember the Voller vs Rijkard spit beef
Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by Ibime(m): 1:38am On Jun 28, 2010
dayokanu:

If you say Terry would collect Mertersackers wife, I would have agreed but his trikot? Never. Terry cant play in any decent Bundesliga side.

Stop joking. . . when I wanna catch some comic relief, I throw on Werder Bremen tapes to laugh at Mertesacker and Naldo. . . . Mertesacker should thank God for Neuer. . . .

~Sauron~:

Lampard won't get into the Naija team.
He was useless in this world cup. He denied his strikers the quality service they craved for.

Stop chatting rubbish. . . .as of half -time, possession stats were 60-40 in favour of England. . . . after Lamps gets the ball to the no10 (Rooney), we expect Rooney to replicate what Mesut Ozil was doing for the Germans. . . . abi you want Lamps to play the Ozil role as well as the Khedira role?
Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by A40(m): 1:49am On Jun 28, 2010
dayokanu:

But normally the test for Naija shouldnt be Seychelles or Sao Tomo but Cameroun and Ghana

Same scenario, Ihave always said its only in England that people see Germany as a rival, Germans cant even see them, They see the Dutch more as rivals because the peak of German footie coincided with the peak of Dutch footie and remember the Voller vs Rijkard spit beef
Obviously now the young willies of England would always want to rub shoulders but i hope you got my point. I like the Dutch but they have not been too spectacular! Close down Sneijder and they become static their only other weapon is Robben but Argentina wait first. The key to beating Argentina is simple! Take the game to them! They simply don't know how to defend so its down to how Muller and Podolski can run those flanks especially Podolski who needs to learn more about using mind over matter sometimes
Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by semid4lyfe(m): 2:20am On Jun 28, 2010
Other goalies block shots but David James dodges shots or am I the only one who saw David James dodging the shot taken by Muller for the 3rd goal? grin

Kai! Laugh wan kill me die.
Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by semid4lyfe(m): 2:20am On Jun 28, 2010
Other goalies block shots but David James dodges shots or am I the only one who saw David James dodging the shot taken by Muller for the 3rd goal? grin

Kai! Laugh wan kill me die.
Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by dayokanu(m): 3:05am On Jun 28, 2010
Ichiro, I get your point we are on the same side.

David James is not to blame but the cripples who call themselves defenders who are in front of him
Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by dayokanu(m): 3:16am On Jun 28, 2010
Even Angela Merkel cant help but laugh at Cameron

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fUq5MAU_cA
Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by mbulela: 3:19am On Jun 28, 2010
all these talk about 442 and 433 are premature.
The problem is not about tactics nor is it about the ability of the manager.
The english players lack the basic technique needed to excel at this level.
hoofing it upfield and trying hollywood passes masked with 'blood and thunder' passion can only lead you so far.
combining this basic lack of technique with the overhype of the media and huge expectation from a misled public and you have a combustible fire wating to explode.
It has exploded and the 3 lions have no where to hide.

Compare the dross the english team has served in the last two major tournaments (including this) with what 'small' nations have done, then you begin to understand that there is something fundamentally wrong.
Can you remember any spell the english team had in this world cup where they caressed the ball and created something repeatedly over a period of time?
Even Korea, South Africa and CIV have been better.
Look at south American teams treating the ball as a friend and using it progressively.
Go and watch NZ matches, constructive use of the ball devoid of massive over sized egos.
irrespective of who coaches the english team, these boys are unable to hack it.
the FA need to think long term and sort out the technical aspect of the game at the grass roots and the media need try and get a life.
Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by creative10: 4:40am On Jun 28, 2010
If England were given the goal the score would have been 2-2 after 90 minutes. England exhausted themselves trying to level the score in an effort to break Germany's lock down defence. Eventually England fell prey twice with open counter attack goals against them. I cant stand so called "experts" trying to spin the truth by ignoring tactical, physical and psychological disadvantage a team is put under after such a decision. Their naive comments such as "they were a better team they deserved to win" will have guys like me, who have tons of choices of games to follow, getting swayed away towards other stuff. FYI I'm not an England fan but feel the injustice. embarassed

By the way check this weblink out.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/37960187/ns/sports-world_cup/displaymode/1247/?beginSlide=1
Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by mbulela: 4:53am On Jun 28, 2010
^^^^^^^^
ha ha ha ha ha
Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by creative10: 5:02am On Jun 28, 2010
I disagree with the title "Germany comprehensively whoops England."  German defence was twice (once denied by poor officiating) broken down by the English and a few other times they hit the post or came close to scoring.  I don't think Germany's victory was comprehensive.  I supported Germany for England is full of self-righteous, purists nut cases, but the injustice leaves a bad taste and questions the credibility of the outcome.
Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by dayokanu(m): 6:11am On Jun 28, 2010
^^^

Thats part of the game, If you dont know, England won the only World cup courtesy of a goal that wasnt. The ball didnt cross the line but was given as a goal.

Remove that one goal and Germany still wins 4-2 if that pleases you
Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by mbulela: 6:15am On Jun 28, 2010
creative10:

I disagree with the title "Germany comprehensively whoops England." German defence was twice (once denied by poor officiating) broken down by the English and a few other times they hit the post or came close to scoring. I don't think Germany's victory was comprehensive. I supported Germany for England is full of self-righteous, purists nut cases, but the injustice leaves a bad taste and questions the credibility of the outcome.
guy, with all due respect, i don't think football is for you.
try and stick to golf. it will give you less heartaches.
Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by dayokanu(m): 6:19am On Jun 28, 2010
^^ Good advice
Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by Myself2(m): 7:15am On Jun 28, 2010
dayokanu:

^^^

Thats part of the game, If you dont know, England won the only World cup courtesy of a goal that wasnt. The ball didnt cross the line but was given as a goal.

Yea yea,rerererererereere

dayokanu:

Remove that one goal and Germany still wins 4-2 if that pleases you
Who says if Lamps goal had been allowed that England would ot have been buoyed to go on and win the game.The game could've gone either way if scores had been 2-2(even if I'd still have preferred the Germans to go through as they look a stronger team),the disallowed goal has cast a HUGE SHADOW on their "victory"
Be less myopic and hypocritical in your posts please.
Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by Myself2(m): 7:17am On Jun 28, 2010
dayokanu:

Ichiro, I get your point we are on the same side.

David James is not to blame but the cripples who call themselves defenders who are in front of him

Nope,I disagree
Sepp Blatter and his FIFA EXCO gang are to blame for not allowing goal mouth technology
Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by creative10: 7:21am On Jun 28, 2010
quote:
"guy, with all due respect, i don't think football is for you.
try and stick to golf. it will give you less heartaches."

That is rude but I won't mind as my opinion is shared by a large percentage of the world.  Add to that your opinion suggests you can't take conflicting views maybe you should take a chill pill.
Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by princekevo(m): 7:29am On Jun 28, 2010
Like father like son, the same problem of England football seems to be the same problem of Nigerian football. Bunches of overated players.
Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by Emmyk(m): 7:37am On Jun 28, 2010
Germany Came back to complete the War wif their Guns! WORLD WAR CUP 3. LOL
Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by Ranoscky(m): 7:39am On Jun 28, 2010
This W.C gat the worst W.C officiating so far in football history.  (FIFA should introduce goaline dictator machine)
Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by nearest(m): 9:07am On Jun 28, 2010
Agreed England where tragic, but i think this German team have not been tested yet, the only real test they faced was Ghana and they almost failed, and again, how many of this german team members succeeded in europe? Bayern munich had foreign players also as the back bone of the team, my point is this german have not really been tested.
Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by dyabman(m): 9:15am On Jun 28, 2010
so whos gonna test this German side , brazil? Holland? or who?
Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by sayso: 9:17am On Jun 28, 2010
English people,ain't those overrated player a joke?
Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by dyabman(m): 9:24am On Jun 28, 2010
Who sayso? grin
Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by MrTA(m): 10:03am On Jun 28, 2010
DAMN!, YOU GOT KNOCKED THE **** OUT!

Ze Germans :cool:
Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by Nobody: 10:05am On Jun 28, 2010
the tabloids are gonna have a field day, they already starting:

Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by Nobody: 10:08am On Jun 28, 2010
dyabman:

so whos gonna test this German side , brazil? Holland? or who?
nearest:

Agreed England where tragic, but i think this German team have not been tested yet, the only real test they faced was Ghana and they almost failed, and again, how many of this german team members succeeded in europe? Bayern munich had foreign players also as the back bone of the team, my point is this german have not really been tested.

next is Argentina on the 3rd of july and thats when we will truly see if that German team is as good as they seem.
Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by slimshay(m): 10:22am On Jun 28, 2010
Whats is all this nonsense about conceeding because they were chasing the equaliser. Which equaliser were they chasing when Germany scored 2?

Even if Lampard's goal had been counted, it will have given England momentum for another 10mins or so, and then Germany would have repeated the process again.

Abeg when u see bros u hail. Even though those young Nazis be small pikin to England. As a matter of fact David James could legally father half of the German team, like wtf!!!
Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by enomakos(m): 12:42pm On Jun 28, 2010
sayso:

English people,ain't those overrated player a joke?

u are right ,nigerians watch too much premiership
Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jun 28, 2010
lmao

Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by medjai(m): 1:17pm On Jun 28, 2010
only 5 players from the German team played in Euro 2008 final so England to a side that is majorly Germany U-21. Pitiful!
Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by denzel2009: 1:18pm On Jun 28, 2010
They are asking Capello to resign, but I m sure he is a smart man. He will make them terminate his appointment and  settle on on like £6500 per day until he gets another job like Sven did to them.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

Thomas Sweswe.The Only Player Who Played For 90mins Without Touching D Ball / Calenda Claims Barcelona Wanted Osimhen To Replace Suarez / Tonye Solomon Wins Guinness Most Steps Climbed On Ladder Balancing Ball On Head

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.