Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,703 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:53 PM

Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) - Sports (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) (21007 Views)

Poll: Who Proceeds To the QuaterFinals?

Germany: 68% (31 votes)
England: 31% (14 votes)
This poll has ended

CHAN 2016: Nigeria Vs Niger (4 - 1) On 18th January 2016 / Nigeria Vs Germany: U20 World Cup (0 - 1) On 11th June 2015 / Nigeria Vs Mali (AFCON 2013) - (4 - 1) On 6th February 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by ajalio(f): 10:28pm On Jun 29, 2010
@dayokanu

hahaha. . . . . very nice pic from "Kaiser Franz". He looks really very satisfied and happy

and he will remain happy.

Guess, what our octopus has oracled, today about the match against Argentina.
Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by dayokanu(m): 10:42pm On Jun 29, 2010
I heard the octopus said Germany would win after a long battle.

vs England it took just 8 seconds to determine

Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by dayokanu(m): 10:45pm On Jun 29, 2010
BERLIN — Octopus oracle Paul on Tuesday hesitated but ultimately picked Germany to win — again — this time over Argentina in their quarterfinal matchup at the football World Cup.

Paul, who rose to global fame after correctly predicting all four of Germany's games in this year's tournament, indicated that Saturday's game will be a tough battle and that it may even end in a penalty shootout.

While English-born Paul made a snappy decision to pick Germany over his native country, this time it took the octopus about an hour to approach a water glass containing a mussel marked with a German flag, said Tanja Munzig, a spokeswoman for Sea Life Aquarium in the western city of Oberhausen.

Paul ignored a similar glass with Argentina's flag, but he also did not reach inside the German glass with his tentacles to grab the seafood goodie.

"Paul kept staring at the German glass and only when we wanted to take out both glasses, he finally jumped inside the German one and gulped down the mussel" Munzig said. "All of his behavior indicates that Saturday's game will be very tough and it may even go into extra time and penalty shootout — but in the end Germany will win."

Two-year-old Paul has proven to be a reliable oracle in the past — in addition to predicting Germany's win over England, he also foretold the victories over Australia and Ghana and the country's loss to Serbia. During the 2008 European Championship, he predicted 80 percent of all German games right, Munzig said

http://www.journal-news.com/news/nation-world-news/octopus-paul-predicts-german-win-over-argentina-788834.html
Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by dayokanu(m): 10:46pm On Jun 29, 2010
This thread is still alive? Why do I feel like people are still taking the piss out of the English and their fans

We just need an explanation for thei insipid display on Sunday
Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by ajalio(f): 10:54pm On Jun 29, 2010
dayokanu:

Yeah, that is right.

It is really crazy. . . . I saw it on tv. This time the octopus came to the two boxes and waited
in front of them a long time as if he would thinking then  went away. . . came back. . . went away. . . came back
and then finally he choose the German box.

I guess that means the whole programme including penalty.
Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by ajalio(f): 10:54pm On Jun 29, 2010
dayokanu:

Yeah, that is right.

It is really crazy. . . . I saw it on tv. This time the octopus came to the two boxes and waited
in front of them a long time as if he would thinking then  went away. . . came back. . . went away. . . came back
and then finally he choose the German box.

I guess that means the whole programme including penalty.
Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by ajalio(f): 10:56pm On Jun 29, 2010
sorry. . . . double post. . . . bad network grin
Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by dayokanu(m): 11:09pm On Jun 29, 2010
Its crazy though but I dont believe it.

If we lose the game then we should prepare one big pot of Octopussy soup
Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by mamagee3(f): 11:14pm On Jun 29, 2010
I knew it, they sucked in this world cup. . .

And they always have excuses for every loss, Lampard, Terry, Rooney, Gerrard, Joe Cole and David Beckham.

What a bunch of Overrated players!
Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by maedan(f): 11:16pm On Jun 29, 2010
dayokanu:

We just need an explanation for thei insipid display on Sunday

Several explanations and analyses have been put forward since the match ended 4-1. Some put the blame on the faulty officiating, while some declared that the English made a very poor showing against the skilful Germans. What more do you need?? Even the title of the topic has been changed to what I consider a very rude and malicious one: Germany Comprehensively Whoops England" etc. What's that all about?? I thought the admin, at least, were supposed to be impartial.
Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by ajalio(f): 11:32pm On Jun 29, 2010
dayokanu:

Its crazy though but I dont believe it.

If we lose the game then we should prepare one big pot of Octopussy soup

ooohh yes and it will be the best octopussy soup we have ever eaten.
Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by dayokanu(m): 11:45pm On Jun 29, 2010
Several explanations and analyses have been put forward since the match ended 4-1. Some put the blame on the faulty officiating, while some declared that the English made a very poor showing against the skilful Germans. What more do you need??

Whats your own conclusion about the lame display by Gerrard, Rooney, Terry, lampard and co?

Even the title of the topic has been changed to what I consider a very rude and malicious one: Germany Comprehensively Whoops England" etc. What's that all about?? I thought the admin, at least, were supposed to be impartial.

The title perfectly describes the event that happened. If I was the one who titled this thread it would have been worse.

ooohh yes and it will be the best octopussy soup we have ever eaten.

So whats your take on the game against Argentina?
Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by ajalio(f): 7:23am On Jun 30, 2010
Well dayokanu, I think if they can use Argentina's little weaknesses in defence effectively , for their advance
and if our defence has a very good day, than they can win. Though, not easy.
Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by dayokanu(m): 2:36pm On Jun 30, 2010
Its not easy I tell you knowing how fast and skillful those Argentine players are and knowing how clumsy Mertersacker is
Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by Ranoscky(m): 3:38pm On Jun 30, 2010
^^^Argentina is going home after their match with Germany. say's the football OCTUPUS!!!
Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by dayokanu(m): 4:29pm On Jun 30, 2010
Na octopus talk that one make we see on the field action first
Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by dayokanu(m): 4:54pm On Jun 30, 2010
Tactical Analysis

After Klose’s opener, England were not yet over-committed to the attack, but again fell victims to the Germans’ outstanding movement as the German striker was again through on goal (0:48 here). This time, much like before with the Oezil chance, Mueller thinks a step ahead of Barry. Aware of the fact that Germany effectively have four forwards marked by four defenders, Mueller passes to Sami Khedira (marked by Upson), before running directly into the void where Upson had just stood. After receiving a gorgeous back-heel from Khedira, Mueller then cuts to his left, doing just enough to pull John Terry out of the path of his eventual through ball. Klose slips behind Terry and Glen Johnson to receive the pass, but his final shot is saved. Being fair, no English defender made a mistake. Mueller and Khedira simply connected in a near-telepathic manner, and created a scoring chance.

As the cliche goes, the third time is a charm. Surely enough, Germany’s third attempt to unravel the English defence produced a goal, this time finished by Lukas Podolski (click here). On this one, observe Thomas Mueller (near side) as he sends a first-touch ball to Oezil. Immediately, Mueller turns to get a step ahead of Ashley Cole. Seeing Mueller’s run, Oezil delays his delivery to Klose (forward on the touch line), forcing Terry to step towards him. Klose had always intended to take Upson out of the play and set up a team-mate, and surely enough, he flicks ahead to Mueller who, with three members of the English defence stuck on the near side, has little difficulty finding Lukas Podolski for the goal. On this play, the only English “mistake” was Cole turning his back to Mueller for just an instant. That and perhaps James Milner not backtracking to mark Podolski.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2890/world-cup-2010/2010/06/28/1999112/world-cup-2010-comment-england-defence-not-at-fault-a-closer
Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by dayokanu(m): 4:57pm On Jun 30, 2010
It was the worst defeat for the Three Lions in World Cup history, it was at the hands of the Germans (and not even a vintage selection), it was in the round of 16 - never mind the quarter-finals - and it was at the end of what was a comprehensively poor World Cup.

It was the worst defeat also because the expectation had reached an all-time high. Finally, a world class goalscorer in Rooney; finally, a world class coach in Capello; finally, a host nation with an Anglo-friendly climate; finally - and frankly - international football in a fairly average-looking state.

But finally? It ended with another whimper. What fan wouldn't have actually preferred going out on penalties now?

England played like Arsenal against Barcelona, but without even having the Gunners' admirable flair. That doesn't add up to a whole lot.

Schweinsteiger, good as he may be, was made to look like Xavi.

Oezil made the red sea of defenders part with such regularity, half the world will soon be convinced Mesut must be the Turkish variation of Moses. Every man, woman and child signalled him out as the danger man, but the England defensive unit looked like they were seeing him for the first time.

Klose may be renowned as the man who makes it happen on the big stage, but most of his World Cup goals have come against Saudi Arabia, Costa Rica and Australia. England certainly didn't prove to be any better than those sides with their showing in Bloemfentein.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2890/world-cup-2010/2010/06/27/1998167/world-cup-2010-england-inquest-no-nerves-but-no-class-and-no
Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by mukina2: 5:50pm On Jun 30, 2010
grin grin
Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by mamagee3(f): 11:09pm On Jun 30, 2010
mukina2:

Are they home already? grin grin

They arrived early. grin
Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by dayokanu(m): 11:30pm On Jun 30, 2010
These English players are bold, So they still had the guts to wear those suits?
Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by mamagee3(f): 11:43pm On Jun 30, 2010
^^They are shameless, overrated losers.

And they are so shameless that they always have excuses for losing a World Cup match.

2006, they blamed ronaldo for getting them eliminated.

2010, they are blaming the referee for making a mistake against Lampard.

And to top it all, they couldn't even win their group losing it to the U.S.

Just bunch of horrible but overrated players if you ask me.
Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by dayokanu(m): 11:47pm On Jun 30, 2010
mamagee,

You dey vex o. They are the 3 rats of Engerland. The best team on the planet Pluto.
Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by A40(m): 12:19am On Jul 01, 2010
chic2pimp:

England were robbed the same way the Azzuris were robbed.
Abeg make we hear word bo!! You no dey even shame i think say you go don O.D on some heavy metal drug $$hit  by now grin grin You guys are the biggest disgrace of the competition scratch that the worst defending champions chumpions ever!! A disgrace to anyone who has ever been a defending champ at any sport

A whole Italy could not qualify from a group of Paraguay,Slovakia and New Zealand? Didn't you guys need a wayo penalty to draw against ordinary New Zealand?? Why you come dey here dey yarn megedefegede? Ojoro cancel ojoro England enjoyed theirs in 1966 let Germany enjoy theirs

maedan:

This thread is still alive? Why do I feel like people are still taking the piss out of the English and their fans undecided angry.

Its always nice to see the Three Blind Mice come to every tournament loud and rowdy and watch em leave in hearses  grin grin

dayokanu:

So whats your take on the game against Argentina?
Whoever gets past behind the defence line more often wins that game IMO! Germany's defence is marginally stronger and the midfield is miles better than the Argies the problem lies in attack but as the Mannschaft have shown their attack can also get goals in bunches. I think its very possible to get a win against the Argies and Schweini and Khedira have a big role to play in that it is very important they boss the middle and starve the Argentines of posession
Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by DrKitaun(m): 12:48am On Jul 01, 2010
I dislike the way DK sounds UNCERTAIN about his boys b4 big matches only to cause tumultous e-ruckus . . .why is DK finding it hard to write off the Argentines ?

The Germany vs Argentina match isnt gonna be that tough . . .Germany would nick this and with Messi getting real stranded !
Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by dayokanu(m): 1:15am On Jul 01, 2010
lol

Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by dayokanu(m): 1:19am On Jul 01, 2010
I dislike the way DK sounds UNCERTAIN about his boys b4 big matches only to cause tumultous e-ruckus . . .why is DK finding it hard to write off the Argentines ?

The Germany vs Argentina match isnt gonna be that tough . . .Germany would nick this and with Messi getting real stranded !

Its called cautious optimism. We are never arrogant like the English and give our opponent respect.

We do our talking on the field and not on the pages of newspaper.

Whoever gets past behind the defence line more often wins that game IMO! Germany's defence is marginally stronger and the midfield is miles better than the Argies the problem lies in attack but as the Mannschaft have shown their attack can also get goals in bunches. I think its very possible to get a win against the Argies and Schweini and Khedira have a big role to play in that it is very important they boss the middle and starve the Argentines of posession

The Argentine would get behind the German defence wella but its how the Germans make use our their chances that would matter. You cant 100% stop players like Messi, Higuain and Tevez
Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by A40(m): 1:38am On Jul 01, 2010
dayokanu:

The Argentine would get behind the German defence wella but its how the Germans make use our their chances that would matter. You cant 100% stop players like Messi, Higuain and Tevez

I agree intoto and Neuer has to be at his best to stop em. Messi and Tevez are basically the livewire of that team while Higuain feeds off what they can deliver. You are also right cos its the chances the Mannschaft are able to take that matters which is why it is important they control the game and try as much as they can to reduce the workload on the defence and the Mannschaft have the players in Schweini and Khedira to do it not forgetting Ozil. The triumvirate of Podolski,Muller and Klose have proven to be a very dangerous one with 7 goals between em so if they get service they would score
Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by dayokanu(m): 2:00am On Jul 01, 2010
Ichiro,

You never cease to baffle me,

How would a knowledgeable young man like you be a GAYYner, Cos you seem to have a brain and an eye for good quality football? You suppose leave that club for retards like edoyad.
Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by A40(m): 2:45am On Jul 01, 2010
dayokanu:

Ichiro,

You never cease to baffle me,

How would a knowledgeable young man like you be a GAYYner, C[b]os you seem to have a brain and an eye for good quality football? [/b]You suppose leave that club for retards like edoyad.

Hahahaha Bros don't come around and try to gass me up i like rolling on E!   cool cool. Why do you hate Arsenal this much? wetin dem do you??

SMH undecided

[url]http://g.sports.yahoo.com/soccer/world-cup/blog/dirty-tackle/post/Ashley-Cole-hates-England-?urn=sow,252430[/url]
Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by dayokanu(m): 2:58am On Jul 01, 2010
You sef go like make your life be like Arsenal own? Failure upon failure
Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by dayokanu(m): 5:41pm On Jul 01, 2010
Lukas Podolski, Mesut Ozil and Cacau are concerns for Germany ahead of Saturday's quarter-final clash with Argentina.

Striker Podolski and influential midfielder Ozil missed part of Thursday morning's training session, with team officials insisting the duo were absent as a precautionary measure but giving no more details.

The latest absence for Podolski comes after the forward broke off from training on Wednesday afternoon, having earlier complained of a minor muscle problem.

http://www.skysports.com/football/world-cup-2010/story/0,27032,12023_6240190,00.html

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

Pictures From The Super Eagles Camp In Calabar / Lionel Messi And Cristiano Ronaldo Now Out Of Champions League again / Gianluigi Donnarumma And Partner Attacked And Robbed In Paris

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.