Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,772 members, 7,837,798 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 10:55 AM

Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) - Sports (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) (21028 Views)

Poll: Who Proceeds To the QuaterFinals?

Germany: 68% (31 votes)
England: 31% (14 votes)
This poll has ended

CHAN 2016: Nigeria Vs Niger (4 - 1) On 18th January 2016 / Nigeria Vs Germany: U20 World Cup (0 - 1) On 11th June 2015 / Nigeria Vs Mali (AFCON 2013) - (4 - 1) On 6th February 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by youngies(m): 5:55pm On Jun 27, 2010
This is England's biggest defeat at a major championship - World Cup and Euros. Germany, on the other hand, have now been involved in the last eight at every World Cup since 1954. What a record that is. http://twitter.com/InfostradaLive
Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by mykali(m): 5:56pm On Jun 27, 2010
England were disgraced

End of Story
Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by mikeoscar: 5:58pm On Jun 27, 2010
Quote from: hackney on Today at 03:51:11 PM
The disallowed goal will be talked about for decades.
we no go hear word for this country again.

for real oh
i want Germany to score like 4 more  

this ref has done something really bad  when they will lose, they will start whining about the goal!!

this things happen in football, teams have been robbed tay tay

I think the vuvuzela confused the ref      

Chei,I don hear something I think say na only ear Vuvuzela dey confuse, sotay eye sef don join?? grin grin

Very soon now na top-less fans go dey confuse refs cheesy cheesy

BTW I'm still on vacation in Naija and I heard the advertorial song  "3 world wars and one world cup, ENGLAND ALL THE WAI"(way) and I thought that was very funny grin grin
Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by medjai(m): 5:59pm On Jun 27, 2010
I always had my doubts about Gerrard but today it has been proven beyond reasonable doubt that Gerrard is overrated.
Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jun 27, 2010
~Sauron~:

U make very good points. . . . .

Capello shoulda gone 4-2-3-1.
2 defensive midfielders that would sit and let the other 3 support Rooney upfront.
Gerrard shoulda been playing behind Rooney. . . . . .with Lennon or Milner flanking them.
Playing Gerrard, Lampard and Barry in a midfield is asking for trouble. . . . . .None of them has the discipline to HOLD.

Exactly!!!!

This is the root of England's problems.

People think Dunga is being naive when he plays 4-2-3-1. Football has gotten too fast and too advance for 4-4-2 or 4-3-3.

Except you have exceptionally good players you can't pull off a 4-4-2 these days and England players are not exceptional against this german side no matter what anybody thinks of Rooney, Gerrard or Lampard.

Ghana Vs USA was a trimph of 4-2-3-1 over 4-4-2.

Germany Vs England is another triumph of 4-2-3-1 over 4-4-2.

only teams like Spain will get anywhere with 4-4-2 in this world cup. But they will come short if they meet Brazil because they will simply not be able to play through Philipe Melo and Gilberto Silva in a 4-2-3-1 formation.

Mourinho has also used 4-2-3-1 to outclass Barcelona. I don't know why people wont learn.
Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by mikeoscar: 6:05pm On Jun 27, 2010
England back four didn't even come to the party today at all + that Gerald fellow , not with that lazy david calamity james. Dem for borrow Enyiama and He would have stopped the first two goals.

Hehehe, Green go dey chuckle where im dey now as goals were pouring in oh Lawd shuda been Detroit Pistons against somn like Houston Rockets grin grin
Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by Sauron1: 6:07pm On Jun 27, 2010
mikeansy:

Exactly!!!!

People think Dunga is being naive when he plays 4-2-3-1. Football has gotten too fast and too advance for 4-4-2 or 4-3-3.

Except you have exceptionally good players you can't pull off a 4-4-2 these days and England players are not exceptional against this german side no matter what anybody thinks of Rooney, Gerrard or Lampard.

only teams like Spain will get anywhere with 4-4-2 in this world cup. But they will come short if they meet Brazil because they will they will simply not be able to play through Philipe Melo and Gilberto Silva in a 4-2-3-1 formation.

Mourinho has also used 4-2-3-1 to outclass Barcelona. I don't know why people wont learn.

But Capello used 4-2-3-1 throughout the qualifiers.
4-4-2 formation did not get the best out of Rooney at all. . . . . .They should ask Fergie how he does it with Rooney.
No one plays 4-4-2 anymore. . . . . .even in Man Utd, SAF plays 4-4-2 against bottom sides. . . . .not against BIG TEAMS.
I blame Capello for that!
Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by nearest(m): 6:10pm On Jun 27, 2010
medjai:

I always had my doubts about Gerrard but today it has been proven beyond reasonable doubt that Gerrard is overrated.
I don't think the bold part of your post is correct, capello just wanted to satisfy two very hard working player (Gerald and Lampard) and just couldn't get a way of playing both of them in areas of the field where they could be more useful.
Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by Akwasi(m): 6:12pm On Jun 27, 2010
Group D now has 2 teams in the quarterfinals. hmmmm
Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by AjanleKoko: 6:13pm On Jun 27, 2010
England should get back to their old kick and rush game.
The EPL as it is today is actually killing English soccer. The Italians, French, Spanish, Germans, and everybody else have their style, and come to the EPL to earn money and play in the Italian, German, Spanish, French style. English players are left confused undecided
Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by Sauron1: 6:15pm On Jun 27, 2010
nearest:

I don't think the bold part of your post is correct, capello just wanted to satisfy two very hard working player (Gerald and Lampard) and just couldn't get a way of playing both of them in areas of the field where they could be more useful.

Gerrard and Lampard produce a negative SYNERGY.
Capello should know better. . . . . . .The 2 of them like to outdo each other at the detriment of the team's general performance.

In Chelsea, Makelele & Essien & Obi Mikel do the cleaning up for Lampard.
In Liverpool, Mascherano & Alonso and Lucas do the cleaning up for Gerrard

None of the two has the defensive discipline to protect the back four.
Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by mikeoscar: 6:18pm On Jun 27, 2010
Quote from: mikeansy on Today at 06:00:31 PM
Exactly!!!!

only teams like Spain will get anywhere with 4-4-2 in this world cup. But they will come short if they meet Brazil because they will they will simply not be able to play through Philipe Melo and Gilberto Silva in a 4-2-3-1 formation.

But Capello used 4-2-3-1 throughout the qualifiers.
[b]4-4-2 formation did not get the best out of Rooney at all. . . . . .They should ask Fergie how he does it with Rooney.[/b]No one plays 4-4-2 anymore. . . . . .even in Man Utd, SAF plays 4-4-2 against bottom sides. . . . .not against BIG TEAMS.
I blame Capello for that!

But I also heard this 4-4-2 formation(Rooney + J. cole) was the strategy advocated  by John Terry after their first two matches and that sparked-off wahala between JT and capello. I still believe that capello has been too mechanical in his formation, looks like England has alwalys been that way though undecided
Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by Sauron1: 6:24pm On Jun 27, 2010
mike oscar:

But I also heard this 4-4-2 formation(Rooney + J. cole) was the strategy advocated  by John Terry after their first two matches and that sparked-off wahala between JT and capello. I still believe that capello has been too mechanical in his formation, looks like England has alwatys been that way though undecided

What does JT know about football.
England won 9 out of 10 WCQ games playing 4-2-3-1.
They destroyed Croatia Home/Away deploying the 4-2-3-1 playing some smart attacking football.

4-4-2 is a disaster waiting to happen.
It's obsolete and no decent football club trust the formation anymore.
U need hardworking centre-halves and a machine like Owen Hargreaves to make it happen.
Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by 9jafreak: 6:26pm On Jun 27, 2010
[size=13pt]CRAPELLO

cost England the game!

My. Leow OWNED him.

His tactics were flawed.

Playing Germany like he played Slovenia ---such utter disrespect even for a very young German Team.

WUNDERBAR!

Go Germans, make Diego weep!
[/size]
Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by dayokanu(m): 6:28pm On Jun 27, 2010
These overhyped wussies are out before the world cup started.

They think playing against Algeria, Slovenia and USA is football.

4-1 Thumping is it
Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by Borat1: 6:29pm On Jun 27, 2010
Ruthless Nazi Counter-Attacking. . . tongue
What a shame considering the almost flawless qualification campaign England had

Dayokanu welldone. . . cool
Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by dayokanu(m): 6:31pm On Jun 27, 2010
U need hardworking centre-halves and a machine like Owen Hargreaves to make it happen

Which machine does Germany have?
Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by nearest(m): 6:35pm On Jun 27, 2010
~Sauron~:

Gerrard and Lampard produce a negative SYNERGY.
Capello should know better. . . . . . .The 2 of them like to outdo each other at the detriment of the team's general performance.

In Chelsea, Makelele & Essien & Obi Mikel do the cleaning up for Lampard.
In Liverpool, Mascherano & Alonso and Lucas do the cleaning up for Gerrard

None of the two has the defensive discipline to protect the back four.

So its capello's fault, he should have kept one of them on the bench so that the other is free to play. Gerald playing on the left side of midfield was not good, he kept on playing as if he's playing for liverpool, running all over the play and most times coming in deep to collect the ball which should have been Lampard's job (since Gerald was stationed on the left side he should have stayed there providing cover for cole)
Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jun 27, 2010
dayokanu:

Which machine does Germany have?

Germany had Bastian and Khadera doing the defensive duties in the midfield and thus needed no spectacular machine.

The way they were set up to play made this possible.
Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by dayokanu(m): 6:38pm On Jun 27, 2010
The truth is dat the English team are not brilliant players, dey r overhyped and over paid for the commercial benefit of the game in england (european championship game, premership etc)

its d plain and simple truth! Those football players r nt internationally Good enough

It's difficult to admit, nevertheless dis sch of thot will b accepted by 60 million people in 5 mins
Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by dayokanu(m): 6:40pm On Jun 27, 2010
Germany had Bastian and Khadera doing the defensive duties in the midfield and thus needed no spectacular machine.

So that puts a rest to that postulation.

England are just weak and overrated. Pure and simple.

Schweinsteiger schooled Lampard, Barry and gerrard on midfield play. Hope they were taking notes
Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by Sauron1: 6:46pm On Jun 27, 2010
mikeansy:

It wasn't even about their machine.

Germany scored from 2 great counter-attacking moves and a long punt from the goalkeeper that resulted in a goal.
They created nothing from their midfield - they just got England on a bad day with morons like Barry, Upson and Lampard.
Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jun 27, 2010
guess what? it wasn't really a goal after all, sorry England

Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jun 27, 2010
dayokanu:

The truth is dat the English team are not  brilliant players, dey r overhyped and over paid for the commercial benefit of the game in england (european championship game, premership etc)

its d plain and simple truth! Those football players r nt internationally Good enough  

It's difficult to admit, nevertheless dis sch of thot will b accepted by 60 million people in 5 mins
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by sage(m): 6:51pm On Jun 27, 2010
Dayo wins again against premier league grin cheesy.

England always win the tournament on paper before it starts. When the actual thing starts yawa go just gas grin

Best players in he world my behind cool
Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by Nobody: 6:52pm On Jun 27, 2010
But why where the English talking too much about penalty shootout even before the whitsle was blown?

I thought it used to be the case that people planned to win in 90minutes first before anything else?

The English were plotting to force Germany to draw. What a cynical game plan.
Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by dayokanu(m): 6:52pm On Jun 27, 2010

Germany scored from 2 great counter-attacking moves and a long punt from the goalkeeper that resulted in a goal.
They created nothing from their midfield - they just got England on a bad day with morons like Barry, Upson and Lampard

They dominated the whole game, The midfield worked out precise passes. The second goal ripped out the English defence.

Schweini showed why Gerrard and Lampard cant cut it in the Shell cup

Excellent one touch from Ozil, Klose, Muller and Poldi blasts
Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by sage(m): 6:53pm On Jun 27, 2010
~Sauron~:

They created nothing from their midfield - they just got England on a bad day with morons like Barry, Upson and Lampard.

@Sauron give it up my guy

England sucks. Hype no dey play actual football cheesy wink
Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by HNIC(m): 6:53pm On Jun 27, 2010
dayokanu:

The truth is dat the English team are not brilliant players, dey r overhyped and over paid for the commercial benefit of the game in england (european championship game, premership etc)

I think we saw all that today
and I am so glad that Shearer,Dixon and co admitted this today.
England were second best all night except for a few minutes when Upson scored and Lampard's goal.
No formation would have won anything tonight.
Ghana and Serbia showed this was not the best German team ever,
but. . . . .
England sucked badly tonight, I feel for the English faithfuls going around with their heads bowed lipsrsealed
Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by dayokanu(m): 6:53pm On Jun 27, 2010
But why where the English talking too much about penalty shootout even before the whitsle was blown?

I thought it used to be the case that people planned to win in 90minutes first before anything else?

The English were plotting to force Germany to draw. What a cynical game plan

Who was planning penalty with them? It would be a shame if Germany cant win this game in 45minutes talkless of 90minutes.

Infact this match and Australia were the easiest.
Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jun 27, 2010
Guys it is time to show some respect to Ghana.

The thought that Ghana outplayed this German side except for the goal scored by Germany makes me think Ghana are in for something special in this world cup.

If Argentina manages to qualify tonight, Germany will surely send them home, Messi or no Messi.
Re: Germany comprehensively whoops England (Finals score 4-1) by dayokanu(m): 6:57pm On Jun 27, 2010
Dayo wins again against premier league  .

England always win the tournament on paper before it starts. When the actual thing starts yawa go just gas

Best players in he world my behind

EPL 23 vs Bundesliga 23

Final scores 4-1

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (21) (Reply)

Oshoala Voted Nigeria’s Greatest Female Player Of All Time / Cristiano Ronaldo Named As Juventus' MVP Of The Year / Lukaku Scores On His Inter Milan Serie A Debut

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.