Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,313 members, 7,839,508 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 09:14 PM

Dear Ladies: Some Mothers Actually Raised Their Sons To Be Gentlemen. - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dear Ladies: Some Mothers Actually Raised Their Sons To Be Gentlemen. (2472 Views)

Why Are Some Mothers Always Miserable When Their Daughters Are Present? / Why Do Some Mothers Abuse Their Children / 'blame Some Mothers, Not Fathers, For The Way Some Men Turn Out' - Alibaba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dear Ladies: Some Mothers Actually Raised Their Sons To Be Gentlemen. by chiommy123(f): 8:07am On Aug 24, 2018
mrblessed:
I don't think you are truly afraid to encounter 'Satan' as you claimed. However, I give you credit for attempting to play smart.The problem is the thrust of the tread; it compels you write few good things about guys, something you are not accustomed to.
well since you called me back to it I'll try. Some guys are truely nice especially when they have not really mixed up with all this negative influence out there I mean bad friends ( guys too). Happy now. thou I have not seen any here.
Re: Dear Ladies: Some Mothers Actually Raised Their Sons To Be Gentlemen. by mrblessed(m): 8:42am On Aug 24, 2018
chiommy123:
well since you called me back to it I'll try. Some guys are truely nice especially when they have not really mixed up with all this negative influence out there I mean bad friends ( guys too). Happy now. thou I have not seen any here.
Maybe the reason you haven't seen nice guys here is because you aren't nice yourself, or you have an unrealistic criteria of what it means to be nice. Like minds, the saying goes, attract. Just tilt your mindset a little towards guys and see what startling result you will get.

2 Likes

Re: Dear Ladies: Some Mothers Actually Raised Their Sons To Be Gentlemen. by chiommy123(f): 9:07am On Aug 24, 2018
mrblessed:
Maybe the reason you haven't seen nice guys here is because you aren't nice yourself, or you have an unrealistic criteria of what it means to be nice. Like minds, the saying goes, attract. Just tilt your mindset a little towards guys and see what startling result you will get.
alright Sir. The problem is them guys they talk anyhow here
Re: Dear Ladies: Some Mothers Actually Raised Their Sons To Be Gentlemen. by mrblessed(m): 9:52am On Aug 24, 2018
chiommy123:
alright Sir. The problem is them guys they talk anyhow here
Haha. OK. The guys are wrong; Chioma is always right. It sounds nice to my ears.
Re: Dear Ladies: Some Mothers Actually Raised Their Sons To Be Gentlemen. by Nobody: 11:26am On Aug 24, 2018
mrblessed:
Where are the ladies? Where are their pleasant and fascinating stories about meeting coolheaded and responsible guys? Or is it that because this tread isn't about attacking and shaming guys for failing to tick all their boxes, they have deserted this nice tread. It is now clear that most ladies here are unconsciously biased toward guys, do not think it is necessary to give guys credit for behaving gentlemanly. It is the Op's fault, she could written a guy-bashing tread and behold an unremitting stream of comments castigating guys for perpetually not being man enough. So, the call to share complimentary stories from ladies will not be heeded for obvious reasons.
even the mod can't move it to fp because it won't ganer traffic. Truth is dead so badnews castigations makes life worth it.......

1 Like

Re: Dear Ladies: Some Mothers Actually Raised Their Sons To Be Gentlemen. by mrblessed(m): 11:48am On Aug 24, 2018
Lilisticlili:
even the mod can't move it to fp because it won't ganer traffic. Truth is dead so badnews castigations makes life worth it.......
Whether it gets to front page or not is immaterial. However, I think message was well received by my sisters here, even though they have refused to make comments. We need to say few complimentary remarks about one another, not always castigating ourselves as if we are eternal competitors. And if we begin to say good things about the opposite sex, it affects our thinking and disposition as well. This is not to say that, criticisms where necessary, should be glossed over.

2 Likes

Re: Dear Ladies: Some Mothers Actually Raised Their Sons To Be Gentlemen. by mrblessed(m): 11:56am On Aug 24, 2018
Lilisticlili:
Whether it gets to front page or not is inconsequential. Perhaps it does not make business sense to get it over there. But the thrust of the post has been comprehensively received by my sisters, even though they have refused to make comments. Make and female are not competitors; hence, we need to occasionally compliment one another. In doing so, we suppress some bias and negative emotions, begin to see a totally different picture of the opposite. Nevertheless, I believe that criticisms, when and where necessary, should not be misconstrue as hatred but an act of love.

1 Like

Re: Dear Ladies: Some Mothers Actually Raised Their Sons To Be Gentlemen. by Jadoskii(m): 12:51pm On Aug 24, 2018
SirMichael1:

You have no idea how sad I was after Pain dealt the final blow.

You just started the series?
...pervy sage....Nahhh watching the series for the 3rd time now....confirm otaku Na im I be
Re: Dear Ladies: Some Mothers Actually Raised Their Sons To Be Gentlemen. by N0favors: 8:45am On Aug 28, 2018
UyaiIncomparabl:

What do you have then? A coochie?
how much? cheesy
Re: Dear Ladies: Some Mothers Actually Raised Their Sons To Be Gentlemen. by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 9:17pm On Aug 28, 2018
N0favors:
how much? cheesy

undecided
Re: Dear Ladies: Some Mothers Actually Raised Their Sons To Be Gentlemen. by Nobody: 12:27am On Aug 30, 2018
Lilisticlili:
Not every man who is nice to you is flirting or toasting you or wants to sleep with you.
Some mothers actually raised their sons to be gentlemen.
Though the everyday men has defaulted countless on the above approach.
A definite picture of the "good samaritan with a knife"

Ladies,pls share your stories of Trust and molestation by a suppose "Nice" male-friend.

Gentleman and so so so. ..do you assume all women are gentle ? I've been hearing the word "gentleman" for over 27years.
Using this logic, only men can be ungentle?

Cc eketem cococandy Bukatyne
Re: Dear Ladies: Some Mothers Actually Raised Their Sons To Be Gentlemen. by Eketem: 3:33am On Aug 30, 2018
Elder001:

Gentleman and so so so. ..do you assume all women are gentle ? I've been hearing the word "gentleman" for over 27years.
Using this logic, only men can be ungentle?

Cc eketem

No some women are horrible beings. Being "ungentle" is not gender specific but I think the post is to promote good stories about men instead of the nasty ones flying around
Re: Dear Ladies: Some Mothers Actually Raised Their Sons To Be Gentlemen. by Nobody: 10:14am On Aug 30, 2018
Eketem:

No some women are horrible beings. Being "ungentle" is not gender specific but I think the post is to promote good stories about men instead of the nasty ones flying around

Have you ever seen a post on social media or in sit in any social gathering where women were referred to as “gentlewomen”? probably no.

Meaning, they think only men can be ungentle.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Woman Marries Best Friend’s Dad In U.S (photo) / Whats Going On! / Ladies! See 6 Best Ways To Keep A Man Loyal; Not With Sex Or Ur Money [Photos]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.