Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,816 members, 7,817,378 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:15 AM

'blame Some Mothers, Not Fathers, For The Way Some Men Turn Out' - Alibaba - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 'blame Some Mothers, Not Fathers, For The Way Some Men Turn Out' - Alibaba (1095 Views)

Why Are Single Mothers Not Proud Of Their Child(ren)? / Dear Ladies: Some Mothers Actually Raised Their Sons To Be Gentlemen. / Men Turn Us To Monsters!!!! (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

'blame Some Mothers, Not Fathers, For The Way Some Men Turn Out' - Alibaba by Trizzi: 9:19pm On Oct 27, 2018
In a post shared on his IG page today, ace comedian, Alibaba opined that some men turn out to be irresponsible because of the manner in which their mothers managed them when they were much younger. Sharing the screenshot above, Alibaba wrote

One lady has 3 daughters. The boy in the midst of all 4 ladies is the 3rd born. The Father the family, left 2 months after the last girl was born. The boy was not allowed to do anything. Well, not everything, he was allowed to play Play station, computer games, cartoon network, Ben 10, and all cartoon movies were his daily. He doesn't respect elders, gets anything he wants any time he does. To crown that, at 12 years, he weighed nearly 60kg. Rude to teachers, drivers, househelps, uncles, aunties and older siblings. He was sent to a boarding school. They threw him out and he became a day student.
One day, at age 13, he was caught smoking, in a school bathroom. The Vice Principal, called him to his office, he told the Asst Senior Prefect, that he will see him later. And gradually his character was cast in iron. Rude. Poor hygiene. Disrespectful. Careless. Stubborn. No morals. No regards for constituted authority. Doesn't take no for an answer. Believes every woman was Beneath him. He wanted to be treated like a king... I know what you are thinking. "This is an extreme case". Trust me, even 1% of the characteristics I just listed, is extreme.
Let me even tell you why I am worried, during holidays, the boy does nothing. Lounges. All his laundry, at age 17 going on 18, are done for him. His room is like an abandoned LAWMA project. And with his approach to life lacks Vision too. Tell me, how will this man grow up to know that a woman's NO is NO? Remember, the man you raise today is the husband of a woman, or another man's husband... ad long as they don't caught him, no problem
https://www.mediahelm.com.ng/2018/10/blame-some-mothers-not-fathers-for-way.html
Mynd44
Lalasticlala
Seun

Re: 'blame Some Mothers, Not Fathers, For The Way Some Men Turn Out' - Alibaba by Nobody: 9:30pm On Oct 27, 2018
He's indirectly telling us that a father has no role to play in a child's upbringing. If a man is good; his mother did a nice job, and if a man is bad; his mother did a poor job. Very well then.
Re: 'blame Some Mothers, Not Fathers, For The Way Some Men Turn Out' - Alibaba by decatalyst(m): 9:38pm On Oct 27, 2018
They didn't caught him nau.

The poster above need to calm down and read again, slowly this time. cool

grin grin
Re: 'blame Some Mothers, Not Fathers, For The Way Some Men Turn Out' - Alibaba by Nobody: 9:43pm On Oct 27, 2018
Alibaba has a strong point here.

Some mothers tend to be too lenient with their male kids, while putting all the pressures on the female child.

It's an established fact that most children spend more time with their mothers, hence the blame always falls on them when the kids tow a wrong path.

It's not easy raising a well balanced kid, but it's very possible with the help of God smiley and willful determination.

Nothing compares to the joy of seeing your kids being in the right path.

1 Like

Re: 'blame Some Mothers, Not Fathers, For The Way Some Men Turn Out' - Alibaba by Nobody: 9:49pm On Oct 27, 2018
decatalyst:
They didn't caught him nau.

The poster above need to calm down and read again, slowly this time. cool

grin grin
Who told you I didn't read? And what was he implying by this "You can't blame some men for becoming who they are. Many mothers either spoilt them or denied them the opportunity of being real men, not their fathers?".

Would it be wrong if I say that in a situation where a man is a real man, then the glory will have to go to the mother? His view is one-sided.
Re: 'blame Some Mothers, Not Fathers, For The Way Some Men Turn Out' - Alibaba by itsmeurLady(f): 10:14pm On Oct 27, 2018
They both have a role to play.... Don't leave Fathers out of it! My dad contributed to my upbringing so u can't necessarily leave it for the mothers alone... Fathers have Great Roles to Play As Well!!!

2 Likes

Re: 'blame Some Mothers, Not Fathers, For The Way Some Men Turn Out' - Alibaba by IamD18: 10:17pm On Oct 27, 2018
I disagree. A son will grow to be irresponsible only if he has a careless father, father who's not close to him and a father who feels reluctant thinking it's left for the mother alone to train and correct their kids.

Instead of blaming a mother for an irresponsible son, I'll blame the father who allowed her wife to misdirect their son because a proactive father who's close to his son won't allow him follow the wrong path.

Parents should take the glory of a well trained child. Also, they should take the blames and critics of an irresponsible child.

4 Likes

Re: 'blame Some Mothers, Not Fathers, For The Way Some Men Turn Out' - Alibaba by Nobody: 10:20pm On Oct 27, 2018
GrabHisBalls:
He's indirectly telling us that a father has no role to play in a child's upbringing. If a man is good; his mother did a nice job, and if a man is bad; his mother did a poor job. Very well then.
did you even read the post at all.? tongue tongue
Re: 'blame Some Mothers, Not Fathers, For The Way Some Men Turn Out' - Alibaba by Nobody: 10:24pm On Oct 27, 2018
SilentListener:
did you even read the post at all.? tongue tongue
What's the difference between what he said and what I summarised?
Re: 'blame Some Mothers, Not Fathers, For The Way Some Men Turn Out' - Alibaba by Nobody: 10:25pm On Oct 27, 2018
itsmeurLady:
They both have a role to play.... Don't leave Fathers out of it! My dad contributed to my upbringing so u can't necessarily leave it for the mothers alone... Fathers have Great Roles to Play As Well!!!
Don't mind Alibaba. I wonder when children's upbringing became the mother's job solely.

1 Like

Re: 'blame Some Mothers, Not Fathers, For The Way Some Men Turn Out' - Alibaba by Nobody: 10:27pm On Oct 27, 2018
GrabHisBalls:
What's the difference between what he said and what I summarised?
if you did read it,then you won't have type what you just type. tongue tongue
Re: 'blame Some Mothers, Not Fathers, For The Way Some Men Turn Out' - Alibaba by Nobody: 10:30pm On Oct 27, 2018
SilentListener:
if you did read it,then you won't have type what you just type. tongue tongue
You read where someone said I didn't read, then joined the bandwagon. Counter argument as to why you think I didn't read.

#Nairalanders! grin
Re: 'blame Some Mothers, Not Fathers, For The Way Some Men Turn Out' - Alibaba by Nobody: 10:33pm On Oct 27, 2018
GrabHisBalls:
You read where someone said I didn't read, then joined the bandwagon. Counter argument as to why you think I didn't read.

#Nairalanders! grin
oh I see cheesy cheesy you're looking for who to have a fight with,and I ain't that person. tongue do as you please.
Re: 'blame Some Mothers, Not Fathers, For The Way Some Men Turn Out' - Alibaba by Nobody: 10:36pm On Oct 27, 2018
SilentListener:
oh I see cheesy cheesy you're looking for who to have a fight with,and I ain't that person. tongue do as you please.
We are not in any war as we can argue constructively. That said, you seem to me like who didn't read the post. grin
Re: 'blame Some Mothers, Not Fathers, For The Way Some Men Turn Out' - Alibaba by Nobody: 10:39pm On Oct 27, 2018
GrabHisBalls:
We are not in any war as we can argue constructively. That said, you seem to me like who didn't read the post. grin
no I didn't tongue the only things I do read are mostly sex topics kiss kiss
Re: 'blame Some Mothers, Not Fathers, For The Way Some Men Turn Out' - Alibaba by Nobody: 10:40pm On Oct 27, 2018
SilentListener:
no I didn't tongue the only things I do read are mostly sex topics kiss kiss
Just as I expected. grin
Re: 'blame Some Mothers, Not Fathers, For The Way Some Men Turn Out' - Alibaba by Nobody: 10:42pm On Oct 27, 2018
cool cool
Re: 'blame Some Mothers, Not Fathers, For The Way Some Men Turn Out' - Alibaba by pryme(m): 10:48pm On Oct 27, 2018
GrabHisBalls:

You are not here with us, cos if you were everything he wrote up there is as real as life.
Are you telling me you have not seen a woman give their male kids the "entitlement" mentality?

A man challenges his sons to work harder and be stronger, but most women make their sons believe they are better than every other person. Women spoil their boys with love.
Re: 'blame Some Mothers, Not Fathers, For The Way Some Men Turn Out' - Alibaba by Nobody: 11:01pm On Oct 27, 2018
pryme:

You are not here with us, cos if you were everything he wrote up there is as real as life.
Are you telling me you have not seen a woman give their male kids the "entitlement" mentality?

A man challenges his sons to work harder and be stronger, but most women make their sons believe they are better than every other person. Women spoil their boys with love.
Your point is clearly not the point he made. Let me help you; what he meant to say is that women spoil their sons and these sons end up being husbands to well groomed ladies. What does he mean by that? In a home of say 2 girls and a boy; the girls are made to do chores, well mannered but because the boy isn't supposed to be domesticated; he's left all by himself to pick habits. Yes, this is wrong and he's right about this, but do you know that it takes a man to understand boys and their needs just as it takes a mother to understand girls? You don't leave mothers alone to instill the prerequisite values in your kids whether male or female. It's a combined effort. What's the father doing? You think it's all about dropping money? Exonerating fathers is where I find fault in his post.
Re: 'blame Some Mothers, Not Fathers, For The Way Some Men Turn Out' - Alibaba by AryEmber(f): 11:07pm On Oct 27, 2018
pryme:

Sorry, women or society and religion made the sons believe they are better than their female counterparts.
Re: 'blame Some Mothers, Not Fathers, For The Way Some Men Turn Out' - Alibaba by pryme(m): 11:15pm On Oct 27, 2018
GrabHisBalls:
Your point is clearly not the point he made. Let me help you; what he meant to say is that women spoil their sons and these sons end up being husbands to well groomed ladies. What does he mean by that? In a home of say 2 girls and a boy; the girls are made to do chores, well mannered but because the boy isn't supposed to be domesticated; he's left all by himself to pick habits. Yes, this is wrong and he's right about this, but do you know that it takes a man to understand boys and their needs just as it takes a mother to understand girls? You don't leave mothers alone to instill the prerequisite values in your kids whether male or female. It's a combined effort. What's the father doing? You think it's all about dropping money? Exonerating fathers is where I find fault in his post.

OK, he said some of the male assssholes you see today were also raised by a woman, that these losers are not as a result of the dad. it's been well known fact the fathers are the ones that produced these losers, well he is coming out to say these losers can also be a product of their mothers - that's how I see it.

As for parenting, need I remind you that most single moms especially the ones in their late 30s may decide to have and keep the baby whether the man responsible likes it or not?
Heck some will even raise the child without the man having a slightest clue.

But that's not the case here, what he is just trying to say is women can also help in raising a human being that will give women nightmares.
Re: 'blame Some Mothers, Not Fathers, For The Way Some Men Turn Out' - Alibaba by pryme(m): 11:21pm On Oct 27, 2018
AryEmber:
Sorry, women or society and religion made the sons believe they are better than their female counterparts.

You misquote me, I did not say the male is made to believe he is better than their FEMALE counterparts.
Re: 'blame Some Mothers, Not Fathers, For The Way Some Men Turn Out' - Alibaba by Nobody: 11:24pm On Oct 27, 2018
pryme:

OK, he said some of the male assssholes you see today were also raised by a woman, that these losers are not as a result of the dad. it's been well known fact the fathers are the ones that produced these losers, well he is coming out to say these losers can also be a product of their mothers - that's how I see it.

As for parenting, need I remind you that most single moms especially the ones in their late 30s may decide to have and keep the baby whether the man responsible likes it or not?
Heck some will even raise the child without the man having a slightest clue.

But that's not the case here, what he is just trying to say is women can also help in raising a human being that will give women nightmares.
If we need to be clear on one thing; his post was actually based on a broken home. No father figure; that isn't enough grounds to generalise like he did here. grin He could've made his post on neutral grounds while highlighting how things should/shouldn't be done, but then, he exonerated 'fathers' to drive home a point. Just maybe he was referring to sons from broken homes.
Re: 'blame Some Mothers, Not Fathers, For The Way Some Men Turn Out' - Alibaba by pryme(m): 11:33pm On Oct 27, 2018
GrabHisBalls:
If we need to be clear on one thing; his post was actually based on a broken home. No father figure; that isn't enough grounds to generalise like he did here. grin He could've made his post on neutral grounds while highlighting how things should/shouldn't be done, but then, he exonerated 'fathers' to drive home a point. Just maybe he was referring to sons from broken homes.

Exonerate fathers kwa, they were not even in the conversation.

Look am not saying fathers are the real deal as far as parenting is concerned, just that more often than not the failure or the male child is always placed on their fathers. This has been the norm as long as our society is concerned. I believe you just don't like the fact that he is also calling out the woman.

If this was him bashing men to be poor parents, I believe you will be reading this with your feet up with some pop corn, probably sprinkle some fuel to roast the men alive.
Re: 'blame Some Mothers, Not Fathers, For The Way Some Men Turn Out' - Alibaba by Nobody: 11:38pm On Oct 27, 2018
pryme:

Exonerate fathers kwa, they were not even in the conversation.

Look am not saying fathers are the real deal as far as parenting is concerned, just that more often than not the failure or the male child is always placed on their fathers. This has been the norm as long as our society is concerned. I believe you just don't like the fact that he is also calling out the woman.

If this was him bashing men to be poor parents, I believe you will be reading this with your feet up with some pop corn, probably sprinkle some fuel to roast the men alive.
Seriously, I don't do gender war. I try my best to be neutral in my analysis. That said, I guess we have different perception of what he wrote. Goodnight.
Re: 'blame Some Mothers, Not Fathers, For The Way Some Men Turn Out' - Alibaba by bdchange(m): 2:07am On Oct 28, 2018
He said blame some mothers for the way their male children turn out to be bad losers. He probably understood that most blame goes to bad parenting and mostly the father. But in this case, he is alerting you that some women go overboard when caring for their male child thereby raising a wife beater. I guess some of you don't get the angle he is looking at it.
Re: 'blame Some Mothers, Not Fathers, For The Way Some Men Turn Out' - Alibaba by pryme(m): 7:37am On Oct 28, 2018
GrabHisBalls:
Seriously, I don't do gender war. I try my best to be neutral in my analysis. That said, I guess we have different perception of what he wrote. Goodnight.

You don't do gender war, that's good to know....
But em....
Whats that I see in your moniker, is that grabbing his table tennis balls or his lawn tennis balls, or...
The balls that when grabbed can turn a raging male gorilla into an obedient puppy?
Anyway good morning.

(1) (Reply)

Yelling At Your Spouse / EXPOSED: Man Narrates How He Finally Slept With Instagram Slay When That Shamed / Nairalanders! please rate my first poem about your dream girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.