Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:55 AM

Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? - Events (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? (31673 Views)

Is 1.5million Naira Enough To Do A Low Budget Traditional And Church Wedding? / Can One Do Traditional And White Wedding With A Budget Of N200k? / Best Man Role By Female Friends At Weddings Sparks Reactions Among FCT Residents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by happydavies(f): 5:19pm On Aug 24, 2018
iyke649:
The traditional gatz b 4 her village na..plus I will like the white wedding to b in ph wia my friends are
then do an indoor trad
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by CanadianEnginee(m): 5:23pm On Aug 24, 2018
dustydee:

How about you split the bill say 60-40, you bring 60% while she brings 40%? People will hardly remember the decoration and your gown or suit 2 weeks after the wedding. Some will still complain they did not get food to eat. Do what you can afford. If you plan to spend 3m make sure you have at least an extra 3m in savings after spending that amount.

Lol. Nice advice. Let her bring 40%. In few months time she will announce to the world that she sponsored her own wedding. The fiancee is not yet mature. How can she say that 2.5m is small for the wedding . People still think that anyone cares how they fare after the wedding. My friend spent 3m and never recovered
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by rayobaba(m): 5:29pm On Aug 24, 2018
paulmarkino:
What is the problem with Africans? Which one is traditional and white wedding? Africa is still under mental slavery. Westerns do Wedding in Church and court. Here someone is saying traditional wedding, white wedding and court wedding. Poor nation like us wasting our resources because we are confused.
l wonder oooo

1 Like

Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by rayobaba(m): 5:40pm On Aug 24, 2018
zuto4u:
I am here to read comments because I am desperately in need of advice regarding the cost of traditional and white wedding in Igbo land. My fiancee said that 2.5 million will not be enough for the kind of traditional and white wedding she would like us to have. She said that I should budget more, and I have budgeted 3 million. Both of us are from Imo state. I think 3 million is much, but she does not think so, (mind you, she is not extravagant. She is a well trained young lady from a very decent home. And she is very God fearing too). For now, I am just an average young guy, not poor and not very rich either. I need advice as well too. We plan to settle down next year by God's grace.
To me. 2.5 is too much. Is she contributing too! It's easy to tell another person to budget 3m. Don't u av other plans apart from settling down! Plans like car for Ur sef and Ur wife, building Ur own house, investment. Do u even av investment presently. Wedding is just few hours and l think Ur babe shd take it easy on u. 1m to max 1.5 is ok. Invest the rest and live happily remembering u av enough left
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by iyke649(m): 6:01pm On Aug 24, 2018
happydavies:
then do an indoor trad
how pls
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by pocohantas(f): 6:19pm On Aug 24, 2018
zicoraads:

shocked shocked shocked shocked

Pocohantas!!!

Ermmm, trust me, some of these comments are exaggerated. It also varies across states, communities and even individual families.

That said, I am not interested in church wedding. I have a feeling I will sleep off during the service. Registry marriage is perfect for me.
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by zicoraads: 6:32pm On Aug 24, 2018
pocohantas:

Ermmm, trust me, some of these comments are exaggerated. It also varies across states, communities and even individual families.

That said, I am not interested in church wedding. I have a feeling I will sleep off during the service. Registry marriage is perfect for me.
LOL. Don't mind me, I know all too well that it varies. I've attended a lot of those to know that. My elder sisters' was an eye opener.

I also find church weddings a bore. I never attended any of my sister's. All the times, I only got there when the reception was about to start. But I love the white concept of sitting outside, a garden or the like. A bit like Banky-Adesua's. Pastor comes for blessing and ring exchanges. That doesn't last long, and sometimes, the both parties can elect to even hold the reception there. Saves everyone the time and cost of a very long and meaningless process.

1 Like

Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by Jazmiynne: 6:36pm On Aug 24, 2018
zinnydan:
Yes..it'll even be enough for honeymoon

cheesy cheesy grin grin
Lwkmd
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by Jazmiynne: 6:38pm On Aug 24, 2018
[quote author]depending on her tribe.....spend #100,000 on traditional marriage, spend 250,000 on White wedding... You still have your balance to go for honeymoon and take care of her wink wink wink wink[/quote]

Op you better not be marrying an Igbo lady and planning 100k for traditional wedding sha cheesy
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by ibkayee(f): 6:55pm On Aug 24, 2018
1 million Naira isn’t that much money and then for a wedding? Depends on what you want, but not really
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by zinnydan(f): 6:56pm On Aug 24, 2018
ClixMaster:
Then spell the "IBO" well. Stop forming aje undecided
abum onye igbo

1 Like

Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by happydavies(f): 7:30pm On Aug 24, 2018
iyke649:
how pls
pay for d traditional rites,leave d ceremony
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by emexc11(m): 7:31pm On Aug 24, 2018
To some, it will be more than enough while to others, it won't go anywhere. It all depends on your taste and what you wished for.
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by babatee1985(m): 7:51pm On Aug 24, 2018
Caseless:
I won't spend one 1 million on any wedding.

If I'm spending that on my woman or on her business - I'll even give more. When it comes to marriage, I'm very low-key.

I need just 5-6 people at my wedding. On a lowest key...
God bless you my brother for this amazing statement... Meanwhile, useless slay queens on reading your comment...

Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by greatbuc(m): 8:07pm On Aug 24, 2018
iyke649:
Pls i need a breakdown. U know how igbo list is and how expensive it will take . Again I plan doing it in ph town. Like how much can b budgeted for igba nkwu. Will the remaining amount b enough for the white? Lalasticlala.. I will need more view pls. Help me push am front page. Thanks
bro agree with your wife to wed in the village. Both white and trade. You won't spend up to 500k
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by iyke649(m): 8:15pm On Aug 24, 2018
happydavies:
pay for d traditional rites,leave d ceremony
I think I will go wit this.. Lyk how much will this take. Can u giv an estimate..
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by Rexnegro(m): 8:16pm On Aug 24, 2018
1miccza:

I was once in a commercial bus on a way from a meeting and a lady by my side was just busy looking at my face, i was so tired to the point that i couldn't speak, she kept on waving her phone from the right to the left and i kept on looking at her like wtf is this babe doing until we got close to our destination, when it became obvious that i wasn't going to budge , i spotted a tear line dripping down her cheeks as she was heading down, that was when i realized that she actually wanted to talk to me , can you imagine??
hahahahah really funny scenario, she gave all the signals thinking u will initiate an avenue for her to talk to u , imagine how stupid she was , so they think chying them easy abi ..make she too chy u na lol
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by Nobody: 8:19pm On Aug 24, 2018
zinnydan:
abum onye igbo
Good. Stop spelling and pronouncing it like ndi ugwu grin

1 Like

Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by LoveThemChubby(m): 9:38pm On Aug 24, 2018
zinnydan:
depending on her tribe.....spend #100,000 on traditional marriage, spend 250,000 on White wedding... You still have your balance to go for honeymoon and take care of her wink wink wink wink
Chai shocked sisterly! 100k for traditional marriage? 250k for white wedding? Let's be realistic please

1 Like

Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by LoveThemChubby(m): 9:52pm On Aug 24, 2018
LynnnCHI:
Yes a million is ok .

All you need to do is to make the two ceremonies same day.Preferably,the white wedding should be done in the village of the bride or around same town.You can do this in any time of the day,if you guys are catholic better!A priest can fix you guys on any during morning massFirst mass on a Sunday is sweet because the coverage in video will show we'll dressed congregants.

After that proceed to the venue of the traditional wedding.Do your thing.Avoid buying can drinks.Make sure more than 90 are in bottles.Avoid high drinks like Heineken and Guinness,buy in little quantities if you must.

Other cheap brands are Hero,Goldberg,Star,Legend,etc

As a ph guy,where your money should be spent is on drinks.You see this small small liquors dey sell 100 naira is very very important.a carton should be around 3k or less.Like pasa bitters,Baby oku,Erujeje,etc.

Village guys dey like them well well.

I think a million naira is Ok
And during rainy season things are relatively cheap.I wish you the best.Atleast you get1 million.Some people no get to pay bride price sef.

Let's say my guy has 1 million this is what I will do.

First monetizing the whole thing may cost 300k to 350k including bride price.

2 cow head costs 40k.Big ones like 43k
You can add a carton of turkey like 10k-13k or close eye buy He-goat 25k to use for only bitter leaf soup and remove ogbono soup.

Bag of rice 18k
Gallon of red oil ten liters is 4000
Vegetable oil 9000
Tomatoes fresh 6000
Tin tomatoes 3000
Other ingredients including Maggie salt and the rest around 7k
Two basket of onions 2k

Soap Egusi a bucket is ok
And ogbomo half bucket is ok
Every other ingredients for soup is minor.Na the meat and fish be the look

2 bag of semo 6k
Garry or Akpu 6k

You can add salad or moimoi if you want.Salad is perfered cos w cheap for rainy season.Cabbage carrot and Irish potatoes and eggs are ok with biggest bama.Person wey know how to run am no go spend more than 5k.Secret if good salad na creaming.Blend sugar with bama and peak milk and salad go sweet.

Remove like 20k -25kfor dried and stock fish
Cameroon pepper like 500 is ok
Crawfish bucket is 1500

Renting of pots and canopies depending on how many 25k

Renting of wedding gown like 20k.Babe can even buy beautiful veil on line with crown.She can make very beautiful cheap hair with synthetic weavon.Noble super curl on gel up is great if she has a good salon person that knows how to roll with pin to make a curly - like ball.She can order a good FULLcrown on eBay that can sit perfectly on the head.Dont like crown sold on Nigeria markets.

Both of your traditional wear both of you can wear good lace for 10 yards around 35k in lagos Island market.You can chose to wear normal Senator.Aba near Ph ,you fit run an there with your wedding suit.Just buy better check material sew the suit then buy plain material for trouser wey go fit am.E no cost.Just use good tailor wey no work The color of trouser should be same as your blazers.You can get a bow tie but a normal tie is better.Abeg buy a very good tie even if it cost you close to 5k.

Better shoe for island you will buy 12k.But you can still buy two for that amount.If I'm a guy I go vesper buy correct OK sanders like 8k for traditional wedding and 5k shoe for whites.I don't like cover shoes on senator wears.Good leather palm sandals is classy!Just pedicure your legs well.

Gele and shoe around 10k
Beads like 3k
And there's provisions to rent if need be.

For drinks
250k is ok
You can buy local liquors like They sell 100 in four cartons.The reason is that this little drinks are handle and when guys begin to take it with other bottles they will get really high.Just make it available and cold.

Go for other hots like captain jack,etc

Enter idumagbo for Lagos island,buy gifts.You can go for plastic bowls,small trays,cups,etc.You fit mix am sef.
Let's work with a guest of 1000.
You can see fancy bowls or saucer or fancy grating plates(it comes with the little bowl covered with the grater as the cover)for 60 naira multiply by a thousand.make them do printing to gum the body for 3k.The lesser the guest you have in mind the cheaper you spend.If you enter idumagbo,you go see plenty things as gift wey your money reach.

Call a good photographer.Let them do the video and some pics,the rest have it on flash drive so you go use your hand they print small small.But some photo company fit charge you 100 to 150 to run everything with album.Truth is why the rush?Get a flash drive!Run it little by little.

Calculate and get back to me make we add more.

Please I'm not a man.Several posts mentioning me as a guy.Im just fortunate to have several men as blood brothers,hence I know a lot of things men know.
Great job ma'am. We need more of sensible people like you on Nairaland.
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by happydavies(f): 9:57pm On Aug 24, 2018
iyke649:
I think I will go wit this.. Lyk how much will this take. Can u giv an estimate..
depends on d place
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by LoveThemChubby(m): 10:19pm On Aug 24, 2018
Platony:
It depends on wat or how u wnt it to be. Mine, i spent abt 1.5mil for both white & traditional weddings. As time draws closer to d date,...u'll spend more. (Jst av dat at d bck of ur mind).

Anyways, i believe if dats wat rily hv at hrt (1mil) to spend...it wil be ok. Jst cut down sm things.

Goodluck!! wink
Can you help with a break down please? At least those that you can remember
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by LoveThemChubby(m): 10:34pm On Aug 24, 2018
Metrics4tea:
mine cost me 900k both traditional and white wedding on different dates
shocked break down please
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by larrysiku20(m): 12:52am On Aug 25, 2018
baakus:
Do living room wedding and invest that money. No one really cares, they will come,chop and comot.

When u have enough,u can always marry her over and over again.
when his your turn to give out your children hope you accept living room wedding
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by slimmykisses(f): 2:59am On Aug 25, 2018
It's more than enough, in fact it is too much.
I cannot allow my husband to be spend that much for ceremony, haba, we are not trying to impress anyone it is wedding ceremony not public ceremony.
If he wants to spend such an amount it should be on a trip to Venice or some nice places in the world.
Just my opinion
iyke649:
Hello folks. I'm planning to wed my fiancee. Considering how tight this country is I want to know if the above amount is adequate to do both traditional n white wedding. My fiancee is igbo. Same with me
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by chigo4u: 3:46am On Aug 25, 2018
zuto4u:
Wow! And this is coming from a lady! Thank you so much my dear sister, I really appreciate your candid advice. She is actually not going to contribute a dime financially because she isn't doing anything for now.
You are trolling and I know it lmao
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by zuto4u(m): 6:03am On Aug 25, 2018
Chai!!! God bless you my dear brother for this wonderful piece, I so much appreciate it. She won't be contributing a dime, the whole thing is on me. As for investment, what lucrative investment do u suggest I venture into with at least 2 million naira? I don't really know of any lucrative investment in Nigeria. I have only been buying lands here and there by God's grace.
rayobaba:
To me. 2.5 is too much. Is she contributing too! It's easy to tell another person to budget 3m. Don't u av other plans apart from settling down! Plans like car for Ur sef and Ur wife, building Ur own house, investment. Do u even av investment presently. Wedding is just few hours and l think Ur babe shd take it easy on u. 1m to max 1.5 is ok. Invest the rest and live happily remembering u av enough left

1 Like

Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by zuto4u(m): 6:13am On Aug 25, 2018
What do you mean?
chigo4u:

You are trolling and I know it lmao
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by Nobody: 7:51am On Aug 25, 2018
larrysiku20:
when his your turn to give out your children hope you accept living room wedding
Oga! it's all about the pocket. No competition bro
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by Juliearth(f): 7:53am On Aug 25, 2018
Caseless:
I won't spend one 1 million on any wedding.

If I'm spending that on my woman or on her business - I'll even give more. When it comes to marriage, I'm very low-key.

I need just 5-6 people at my wedding. On a lowest key...

You are wise.
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by 1miccza: 8:19am On Aug 25, 2018
Rexnegro:

hahahahah really funny scenario, she gave all the signals thinking u will initiate an avenue for her to talk to u , imagine how stupid she was , so they think chying them easy abi ..make she too chy u na lol

Abi now so that when i come put my neck for line she go come hold me for work, I just wasn't in the mood at all dat day
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by Johnbosco1: 8:38am On Aug 25, 2018

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Video From The Wedding Of The Man Who Married 2 Women In Delta.C How They Danced / Six Things We Shouldn't Be Seeing Anymore In Nigerian Weddings / Mini~Chat Point: What Is Happening Right Now In Your Vicinity?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.