Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:43 AM

Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? - Events (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? (31600 Views)

Is 1.5million Naira Enough To Do A Low Budget Traditional And Church Wedding? / Can One Do Traditional And White Wedding With A Budget Of N200k? / Best Man Role By Female Friends At Weddings Sparks Reactions Among FCT Residents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by johnjay4u2u(m): 12:48pm On Aug 24, 2018
Caseless:
yettymuse is a wife material. Las las na for this thread my wife dey.

this her status pix is scary thou. If you flow along, who are we nairalanders to say no. we dey your back like spinal cord.
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by zuto4u(m): 12:49pm On Aug 24, 2018
Thanks for your advice bro
Godvilla:
3 million is too much if you plan on doing something less elaborate.
3 million will be okay for an elaborate wedding.
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by Butoneday2(m): 12:50pm On Aug 24, 2018
You will still have enough balance if u do it in a low key bro?
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by Nobody: 12:52pm On Aug 24, 2018
zuto4u:
I am here to read comments because I am desperately in need of advice regarding the cost of traditional and white wedding in Igbo land. My fiancee said that 2.5 million will not be enough for the kind of traditional and white wedding she would like us to have. She said that I should budget more, and I have budgeted 3 million. Both of us are from Imo state. I think 3 million is much, but she does not think so, (mind you, she is not extravagant. She is a well trained young lady from a very decent home. And she is very God fearing too). For now, I am just an average young guy, not poor and not very rich either. I need advice as well too. We plan to settle down next year by God's grace.

Guy, you're setting a very, very wrong foundation. Do you want to hear the naked truth? If that girl told you all that, and you think she's not extravagant, she is god-fearing and all the blah, blah, blah, she is actually pretending. You'll see the real one after the wedding.

I challenge you to test her. Tell her you did a wrong business (cook up a really believable story) and lost about a million naira and you must look the part oo. Act it well. Tell her if she can find or get someone to loan you half a million for a quick business opportunity and you'll pay back. Pester her if she delays. Watch her.

All the mask will start falling off. If she passes the test, collect the money and pay back about a month later. Let he pester you too before you do. Can't talk much here, anyway. But let me ask you something else... Do you think all the married men who spent like you for their wedding will repeat same if the could turn back the hands of time? They'll tell you never! Instead, they'll spend 30-40% of the sum and invest the rest for after-wedding life. Speak with successful married men please.

2 Likes

Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by zuto4u(m): 12:53pm On Aug 24, 2018
Wow! And this is coming from a lady! Thank you so much my dear sister, I really appreciate your candid advice. She is actually not going to contribute a dime financially because she isn't doing anything for now.
missyblissy:

What the hell? 3 million shocked shocked are you kidding me. Uncle dont even try it. If you are rich and have the cash go ahead. If you are not,no try am at all. What is wrong with ladies now a days. How much is she contributing to this wedding, if shes not putting her money oga dont try it. You will regret it later.

Look as an igbo guy uts very simple. Do both trad ans white same day. Read my other comments above Abeg. What 3million smh
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by Chizzyferd(m): 12:54pm On Aug 24, 2018
Guy Igbo list are normally around 500k because my in-law was given a list of 550k but we advice him to do the major things on the list that he can afford and forget the minor ones so my man I advise you budget 250k for traditional and 450k for white wedding then you have 300k change no honeymoon because guy the economy is tight so in conclusion do the necessary things and forget the less important ones.
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by zicoraads: 12:57pm On Aug 24, 2018
Caseless:
I won't spend one 1 million on any wedding.

If I'm spending that on my woman or on her business - I'll even give more. When it comes to marriage, I'm very low-key.

I need just 5-6 people at my wedding. On a lowest key...
See my Caseless. cheesy grin

#WordsOnMarbleBro

That's how people put themselves in deep financial holes even before they start life proper.
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by zuto4u(m): 12:57pm On Aug 24, 2018
Oh God bless you my brother for your brotherly advice, I really appreciate. She is actually incapable of contributing even 1% of the entire cost because she is jobless for now.
dustydee:

How about you split the bill say 60-40, you bring 60% while she brings 40%? People will hardly remember the decoration and your gown or suit 2 weeks after the wedding. Some will still complain they did not get food to eat. Do what you can afford. If you plan to spend 3m make sure you have at least an extra 3m in savings after spending that amount.
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by Caseless: 1:00pm On Aug 24, 2018
INDUSTRIALFAN:
o boy. If my time reach and I see say e get as the matter wan be, like you said above, me go just give her Belle o. Lass lass Na them go beg me to come carry without ceremony grin we've discussed sha and she's also not a fan of big weddings but I know women's idea of small could be two villages put together

The line in bold really got me laughing. grin grin grin

Their idea of a small wedding could be the turnout you have for el classico match between Barcelona and Madrid in camp nou. You're right . She could even join her family to do their bidding.
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by usibengate(m): 1:00pm On Aug 24, 2018
Just listening and watching
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by okey4reel(m): 1:01pm On Aug 24, 2018
iyke649:
Pls i need a breakdown. U know how igbo list is and how expensive it will take . Again I plan doing it in ph town. Like how much can b budgeted for igba nkwu. Will the remaining amount b enough for the white? Lalasticlala.. I will need more view pls. Help me push am front page. Thanks
Guy no fear about list, when the list is out just tick what you can afford, if u see 4 cartons of beer reduce am to 1 carton, everyone knows the country is hard, that was what i did during my trad wedding too last year, and look for an elder you can rub mind with and let them know that there is life after wedding oh, unless they want their daughter to go hungry.

3 Likes

Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by 1miccza: 1:02pm On Aug 24, 2018
Caseless:
if only you knew me . My in-laws would find a strange person in me. If they won't me their daughter because I want something low, they can keep her.

Really?? Then you sure would be one hard nut to crack then..
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by Caseless: 1:03pm On Aug 24, 2018
ojasweb:

Bro i am of the same thinking as you, however my inlaws won't gree. Now i'm gonna spend almost 1M on trad wedding.
you sef. If their daughter love you, she should prevail on her people.

I won't bend for my in-laws on this.
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by 1miccza: 1:05pm On Aug 24, 2018
Wantedmiller:

very very easy dear (court wedding will even reduce it to 4)........

what of people who dont even care at all

Haa bros i do understand the part about court wedding but 5-6 ? Have you considered the uninvited invited guests? My brother during his wedding wnt o and on about having just 100 or 150 but bros on that day w even had people on the road and all..
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by Caseless: 1:05pm On Aug 24, 2018
1miccza:

Trust me, I'm quiet, but focused on what I want. I stand my ground.
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by Rexnegro(m): 1:05pm On Aug 24, 2018
iyke649:
Hello folks. I'm planning to wed my fiancee. Considering how tight this country is I want to know if the above amount is adequate to do both traditional n white wedding. My fiancee is igbo. Same with me
yes it should enough if u combine the two types of wedding same day, time management is key here tho....beside why white wedding ? am sure it's Ur fiancee wish to wear white wedding gown abi ? women sha they can be crazy abt white wedding ehn. remember there's no award for best wedding ever , do ur thing bro according to Ur budget don't ever be tempted to spend past Ur budget. don't spend crazily on wedding and be broke in the marriage except u have billions somewhere . be wise
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by 1miccza: 1:06pm On Aug 24, 2018
Caseless:
Trust me, I'm quiet, but focused on what I want. I stand my ground.

That's good to know cos without such a trait a guy can be easily tossed here and there..
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by zuto4u(m): 1:07pm On Aug 24, 2018
Hmmmm!! Speechless. Bro thank you so much for your heartfelt advice. Honestly, u have just poured cold water on me and have given me a reason to think twice. Your advice is much appreciated bro. And as for putting her to test, I will do just that. The truth is that I don't really know much about women and their way.
WritePal:

Guy, you're setting a very, very wrong foundation. Do you want to hear the naked truth? If that girl told you all that, and you think she's not extravagant, she is god-fearing and all the blah, blah, blah, she is actually pretending. You'll see the real one after the wedding.

I challenge you to test her. Tell her you did a wrong business (cook up a really believable story) and lost about a million naira and you must look the part oo. Act it well. Tell her if she can find or get someone to loan you half a million for a quick business opportunity and you'll pay back. Pester her if she delays. Watch her.

All the mask will start falling off. If she passes the test, collect the money and pay back about a month later. Let he pester you too before you do. Can't talk much here, anyway. But let me ask you something else... Do you think all the married men who spent like you for their wedding will repeat same if the could turn back the hands of time? They'll tell you never! Instead, they'll spend 30-40% of the sum and invest the rest for after-wedding life. Speak with successful married men please.

2 Likes

Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by iyke649(m): 1:07pm On Aug 24, 2018
okey4reel:

Guy no fear about list, when the list is out just tick what you can afford, if u see 4 cartons of beer reduce am to 1 carton, everyone knows the country is hard, that was what i did during my trad wedding too last year, and look for an elder you can rub mind with and let them know that there is life after wedding oh, unless they want their daughter to go hungry.
. God bless you my brother. So how much u kon finally spend?
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by zicoraads: 1:08pm On Aug 24, 2018
Chizzyferd:
Guy Igbo list are normally around 500k because my in-law was given a list of 550k but we advice him to do the major things on the list that he can afford and forget the minor ones so my man I advise you budget 250k for traditional and 450k for white wedding then you have 300k change no honeymoon because guy the economy is tight so in conclusion do the necessary things and forget the less important ones.
shocked shocked shocked shocked

Pocohantas!!!
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by anigold(m): 1:08pm On Aug 24, 2018
zinnydan:
Yes..it'll even be enough for honeymoon
yes it will be if the lady is Yoruba but if Igbo or any south south lady it won't be enough
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by ojasweb(m): 1:09pm On Aug 24, 2018
Caseless:
you sef. If their daughter love you, she should prevail on her people.

I won't bend for my in-laws on this.

The lady is fully in my support. the bad thing is they are accusing her of sticking with my family and ignoring them. So because of all those talks, my bro said we should do anything they want as far as the wedding to satisfy them.
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by auxanosolar(f): 1:09pm On Aug 24, 2018
Caseless:
you see why you and I should get married? cool
yeah we should..... Lol
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by zuto4u(m): 1:09pm On Aug 24, 2018
Hmmmm!!! Thank you so much bro, I really appreciate your advice.
millionboi:
Bro dat kind of woman will not stay wen u don't have......don't b blind with d fear of God tins.

Xpt she accepts to bring atleast half of d money.

Be warn so u don't blame God at d end

1 Like

Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by iyke649(m): 1:10pm On Aug 24, 2018
Rexnegro:

yes it should enough if u combine the two types of wedding same day, time management is key here tho....beside why white wedding ? am sure it's Ur fiancee wish to wear white wedding gown abi ? women sha they can be crazy abt white wedding ehn. remember there's no award for best wedding ever , do ur thing bro according to Ur budget don't ever be tempted to spend past Ur budget. don't spend crazily on wedding and be broke in the marriage except u have billions somewhere . be wise
Thanks man. I appreciate
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by einsteino(m): 1:11pm On Aug 24, 2018
LynnnCHI:
Yes a million is ok .

All you need to do is to make the two ceremonies same day.Preferably,the white wedding should be done in the village of the bride or around same town.You can do this in any time of the day,if you guys are catholic better!A priest can fix you guys on any during morning massFirst mass on a Sunday is sweet because the coverage in video will show we'll dressed congregants.

After that proceed to the venue of the traditional wedding.Do your thing.Avoid buying can drinks.Make sure more than 90 are in bottles.Avoid high drinks like Heineken and Guinness,buy in little quantities if you must.

Other cheap brands are Hero,Goldberg,Star,Legend,etc

As a ph guy,where your money should be spent is on drinks.You see this small small liquors dey sell 100 naira is very very important.a carton should be around 3k or less.Like pasa bitters,Baby oku,Erujeje,etc.

Village guys dey like them well well.

I think a million naira is Ok
And during rainy season things are relatively cheap.I wish you the best.Atleast you get1 million.Some people no get to pay bride price sef.

Let's say my guy has 1 million this is what I will do.

First monetizing the whole thing may cost 300k to 350k including bride price.

2 cow head costs 40k.Big ones like 43k
You can add a carton of turkey like 10k-13k or close eye buy He-goat 25k to use for only bitter leaf soup and remove ogbono soup.

Bag of rice 18k
Gallon of red oil ten liters is 4000
Vegetable oil 9000
Tomatoes fresh 6000
Tin tomatoes 3000
Other ingredients including Maggie salt and the rest around 7k
Two basket of onions 2k

Soap Egusi a bucket is ok
And ogbomo half bucket is ok
Every other ingredients for soup is minor.Na the meat and fish be the look

2 bag of semo 6k
Garry or Akpu 6k

You can add salad or moimoi if you want.Salad is perfered cos w cheap for rainy season.Cabbage carrot and Irish potatoes and eggs are ok with biggest bama.Person wey know how to run am no go spend more than 5k.Secret if good salad na creaming.Blend sugar with bama and peak milk and salad go sweet.

Remove like 20k -25kfor dried and stock fish
Cameroon pepper like 500 is ok
Crawfish bucket is 1500

Renting of pots and canopies depending on how many 25k

Renting of wedding gown like 20k

Both of your traditional wear both of you can wear good lace for 10 yards around 35k in lagos Island market.You can chose to wear normal Senator.Aba near Ph ,you fit run an there with your wedding suit.Just buy better check material see the suit them buy plain material for trouser wey go fit am.E no cost.Just use good tailor wey no work The color of trouser should be same as your blazers.

Better shoe for island you will buy 12k.But you can still buy two for that amount.If I'm a guy I go vesper buy correct OK sanders like 8k for traditional wedding and 5k shoe for whites.I don't like cover shoes on senator wears.Good leather palm sandals is classy!Just pedicure your legs well.

Gele and shoe around 10k
Beads like 3k
And there's provisions to rent if need be.

For drinks
250k is ok
You can buy local liquors like They sell 100 in four cartons.The reason is that this little drinks are handle and when guys begin to take it with other bottles they will get really high.Just make it available and cold.

Go for other hots like captain jack,etc

Calculate and get back to me make we add more.

Bros be like you study Economics for University of the Streets. Very practical advise up there.
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by Caseless: 1:11pm On Aug 24, 2018
JamaicanLove:

Grammar tongue
you don't like me for that? undecided

Well, you're so natural and real in your picture and I like that.

From the hair, to your complexion , the background and the expression...everything go well. You're beautiful. Don't say anyone should call you ugly.

Please I carry God beg you, don't go bleaching your skin or else, you lose your beauty.
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by Rexnegro(m): 1:12pm On Aug 24, 2018
1miccza:

let me ansa for the guy , yes na bro , gone are the days the man is kicked around asking him to do all the listed by force all because him want marry their daughter , now bro guys are not scared anymore, they should keep their daughter na... world population getting close to 8billions now female about 5.5billions , so any girl wey him family dey so shakara to her guy abt wedding better go and beg them herself. what nonsense as if they can marry their daughter.

please read Isaiah 4 Vs 1... we are getting there gradually.
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by Johnbosco1: 1:14pm On Aug 24, 2018
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by Caseless: 1:14pm On Aug 24, 2018
zicoraads:

See my Caseless. cheesy grin

#WordsOnMarbleBro

That's how people put themselves in deep financial holes even before they start life proper.
grin grin bro, politics demand you throw everything out and fight dirty sometimes. That's what you see in P-section. I'm still the person you know, zico grin
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by MeeLan: 1:17pm On Aug 24, 2018
if na Igbo woman you wan marry, its a capital NO.
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by Caseless: 1:17pm On Aug 24, 2018
ojasweb:

The lady is fully in my support. the bad thing is they are accusing her of sticking with my family and ignoring them. So because of all those talks, my bro said we should do anything they want as far as the wedding to satisfy them.
This is what I fear most ; having your own people telling you to cave in. I wish you luck, bro.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Wedding Pics Of Maureensylvia, An Ex-Miss NAIRALAND Contestant / Wedding Pictures Of Identical Twin Brothers / Mini~Chat Point: What Is Happening Right Now In Your Vicinity?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.