Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,984 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:45 AM

Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? - Events (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? (31606 Views)

Is 1.5million Naira Enough To Do A Low Budget Traditional And Church Wedding? / Can One Do Traditional And White Wedding With A Budget Of N200k? / Best Man Role By Female Friends At Weddings Sparks Reactions Among FCT Residents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by Caseless: 1:18pm On Aug 24, 2018
1miccza:

That's good to know cos without such a trait a guy can be easily tossed here and there..
sure!
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by Caseless: 1:19pm On Aug 24, 2018
johnjay4u2u:

this her status pix is scary thou. If you flow along, who are we nairalanders to say no. we dey your back like spinal cord.
whaaaaat! I haven't checked shocked shocked. Ma'a check see.
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by Caseless: 1:20pm On Aug 24, 2018
pansophist:

My condolence on your cousin's loss albeit, do not generalize on women. There are wonderful women out there and if you find her, believe me, you found heaven. Although, I can understand your sentiments. Modern women can be a nutcase but again, they can't win when you refuse to play.
thank you, mehn!

Some wonderful women are out there. But they're very hard to find.
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by BORNTOWIN(f): 1:22pm On Aug 24, 2018
Hi ladies, I want to help brides who are on a low budget for their weddings, no need to borrow for your wedding, come let's work it out. Here are the items I can supply you.. Wedding gowns, little bride gowns, bouquet set and hair accessories. Just give me your budget for these and I would show you what we can do for you. You can contact me via whatsapp +2348037536126.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by akdjr(m): 1:26pm On Aug 24, 2018
Me I spent less than 100k during my wedding. 1m for wedding!!!!!! Tufiakwa!
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by Rexnegro(m): 1:29pm On Aug 24, 2018
LynnnCHI:
Yes a million is ok .

All you need to do is to make the two ceremonies same day.Preferably,the white wedding should be done in the village of the bride or around same town.You can do this in any time of the day,if you guys are catholic better!A priest can fix you guys on any during morning massFirst mass on a Sunday is sweet because the coverage in video will show we'll dressed congregants.

After that proceed to the venue of the traditional wedding.Do your thing.Avoid buying can drinks.Make sure more than 90 are in bottles.Avoid high drinks like Heineken and Guinness,buy in little quantities if you must.

Other cheap brands are Hero,Goldberg,Star,Legend,etc

As a ph guy,where your money should be spent is on drinks.You see this small small liquors dey sell 100 naira is very very important.a carton should be around 3k or less.Like pasa bitters,Baby oku,Erujeje,etc.

Village guys dey like them well well.

I think a million naira is Ok
And during rainy season things are relatively cheap.I wish you the best.Atleast you get1 million.Some people no get to pay bride price sef.

Let's say my guy has 1 million this is what I will do.

First monetizing the whole thing may cost 300k to 350k including bride price.

2 cow head costs 40k.Big ones like 43k
You can add a carton of turkey like 10k-13k or close eye buy He-goat 25k to use for only bitter leaf soup and remove ogbono soup.

Bag of rice 18k
Gallon of red oil ten liters is 4000
Vegetable oil 9000
Tomatoes fresh 6000
Tin tomatoes 3000
Other ingredients including Maggie salt and the rest around 7k
Two basket of onions 2k

Soap Egusi a bucket is ok
And ogbomo half bucket is ok
Every other ingredients for soup is minor.Na the meat and fish be the look

2 bag of semo 6k
Garry or Akpu 6k

You can add salad or moimoi if you want.Salad is perfered cos w cheap for rainy season.Cabbage carrot and Irish potatoes and eggs are ok with biggest bama.Person wey know how to run am no go spend more than 5k.Secret if good salad na creaming.Blend sugar with bama and peak milk and salad go sweet.

Remove like 20k -25kfor dried and stock fish
Cameroon pepper like 500 is ok
Crawfish bucket is 1500

Renting of pots and canopies depending on how many 25k

Renting of wedding gown like 20k

Both of your traditional wear both of you can wear good lace for 10 yards around 35k in lagos Island market.You can chose to wear normal Senator.Aba near Ph ,you fit run an there with your wedding suit.Just buy better check material see the suit them buy plain material for trouser wey go fit am.E no cost.Just use good tailor wey no work The color of trouser should be same as your blazers.

Better shoe for island you will buy 12k.But you can still buy two for that amount.If I'm a guy I go vesper buy correct OK sanders like 8k for traditional wedding and 5k shoe for whites.I don't like cover shoes on senator wears.Good leather palm sandals is classy!Just pedicure your legs well.

Gele and shoe around 10k
Beads like 3k
And there's provisions to rent if need be.

For drinks
250k is ok
You can buy local liquors like They sell 100 in four cartons.The reason is that this little drinks are handle and when guys begin to take it with other bottles they will get really high.Just make it available and cold.

Go for other hots like captain jack,etc

Calculate and get back to me make we add more.
Omo you go fear well detailed wedding analysis, chai bro you are so on point.... bar man give this nigga two crate of origin and two plates of pepper soup, and if he want olosho too give him like 7... all bills on me okay ? bro nice one u my nigga
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by Nobody: 1:31pm On Aug 24, 2018
Try IMO GIRLS, That 1million will just be for transportation of the bride family
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by enonche85(m): 1:31pm On Aug 24, 2018
zinnydan:
Yes..it'll even be enough for honeymoon

Plus hospital bill for first child sef!. grin
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by sacramento1212: 1:37pm On Aug 24, 2018
zuto4u:
U are very right. Though I don't know much about marriage ceremonies in Igbo land or any part of the country, but I heard that it is usually very expensive in Igbo land, especially in Imo state.

Not all parts of igbo land. Imo state(some parts) is the most expensive of all parts of igbo land. So you aren't from Imo?
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by erico2k2(m): 1:40pm On Aug 24, 2018
millionboi:
hahahaha

Bros....where are u from?
our own na village oooo,expt u want pay twice....... Hahahahaha

Dos village one go use m dey insult u until u setl.
Insult ke, nor be if them see U for village ahahah, Im from Delta, but my coz married from Igbo side, so that was what he did as well, we root chief come from Village
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by Johnbosco1: 1:43pm On Aug 24, 2018
Plan the wedding with your fiancee. If she's matured and willing to live with you forever, then 1mil will do to an extent. The fact you are the one bringing out the money doesn't make it "your" wedding alone.
I tell you the truth, if you really want to marry her according to ngwa people traditional standards and do your white wedding on separate days, that money won't do anything not unless you are planning to celebrate with 5-6 persons as some people suggested. Plan with her and she may clear the runway(talking to her parents) ahead of your arrival. She may not say how she would help but know this, they all help especially when it comes to having a partner that is not from Ngwa.
That's a secret they wouldn't want me to share, I hope you explore it.
PS. As much I love all the comments for this thread, suffice it to say that not even one person has had real experience with ngwa people and their marriage traditions like I do. if they did, they would be inclined to tell you that they are almost similar to mbaise people when it comes to LIST. Be Wise
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by enonche85(m): 1:43pm On Aug 24, 2018
iyke649:
She is igbo, same as me. Hav u seen an igbo list b4? Quite huge

And if u don't have nkor?...is it a must accept a huge list?.
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by PrimadonnaO(f): 1:44pm On Aug 24, 2018
Caseless:
I love with my head. I just don't fall like that; one leg in, one leg out. I can't stand a crushing heartbreak.

You're kidding yourself, I tell you.

You would leave a woman you've decided is good for you just because she doesn't want a wedding of 5-6 persons. Hahahaha. Gist of life!
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by iyke649(m): 1:44pm On Aug 24, 2018
Johnbosco1:
Plan the wedding with your fiancee. If she's matured and willing to live with you forever, then 1mil will do to an extent. The fact you are the one bringing out the money doesn't mean it is "your" wedding alone.
I tell you the truth, if you really want to marry her according to ngwa people traditional standards and do your white wedding on separate days, that money won't do anything not unless you are planning to celebrate with 5-6 persons as some people suggested. Plan with her and she may clear the runway(talking to her parents) ahead of you. She may not say how she would help but know this, they all help especially when it comes to having a partner that is not from Ngwa.
That's a secret they wouldn't want me to share, I hope you explore it.
PS. As much I love all the comments for this thread, suffice it to say that not even one person has had real experience with ngwa people and their marriage traditions. if they did, they would be inclined to tell you that they are almost similar to mbaise people when it comes to LIST. Be Wise
. Tank you my brother. During her sister's time, the mom had to intervene for the wedding to take place. Her sister's husband only paid bride price and then proceed to do the white wedding. But the community is still insisting that the man hasn't married their daughter yet

1 Like

Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 1:44pm On Aug 24, 2018
Caseless:

The line in bold really got me laughing. grin grin grin

Their idea of a small wedding could be the turnout you have for el classico match between Barcelona and Madrid in camp nou. You're right . She could even join her family to do their bidding.
jump am pass... I can't enter debt because of wedding o. Lai Lai... When wahala start will they help me sort things out? grin
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by Kimy97(f): 1:46pm On Aug 24, 2018
Eketem:
More than enough.

Have the service and reception the same day probably on a week day.

After the service go home change into traditional and do the reception as the traditional wedding
gbam
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by urchdiya(f): 1:51pm On Aug 24, 2018
1million for a traditional Igbo marriage & wedding in port harcourt is so feasible. I’m a planner,I have known vendors in the east that can work that out but it would require professional counseling too to tell you things involved in achieving it. Lemme know if you need my contact to assist. My company is giving discounts for bride to bes this season.
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by Nobody: 1:58pm On Aug 24, 2018
Caseless:
you don't like me for that? undecided

Well, you're so natural and real in your picture and I like that.

From the hair, to your complexion , the background and the expression...everything go well. You're beautiful. Don't say anyone should call you ugly.

Please I carry God beg you, don't go bleaching your skin or else, you lose your beauty.

..thank you

I won't and I don't intend on bleaching. kiss

1 Like

Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by condomuser: 1:58pm On Aug 24, 2018
My wedding cost me N89 million
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by Investordaves: 1:59pm On Aug 24, 2018
More than enough, except you want to invite the whole country...
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by xest(m): 2:00pm On Aug 24, 2018
iyke649:
wat if she no accept?
if she no accept, then she no be him wife. Make him find another woman. After them Spend all the money, dem go chop there body or sand abi.
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by Chuknovski(m): 2:00pm On Aug 24, 2018
iyke649:
Hello folks. I'm planning to wed my fiancee. Considering how tight this country is I want to know if the above amount is adequate to do both traditional n white wedding. My fiancee is igbo. Same with me

you may need some print souvenirs to make some folks happy, holla me
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by Noblewhiz(m): 2:08pm On Aug 24, 2018
LynnnCHI:
Yes a million is ok .

All you need to do is to make the two ceremonies same day.Preferably,the white wedding should be done in the village of the bride or around same town.You can do this in any time of the day,if you guys are catholic better!A priest can fix you guys on any during morning massFirst mass on a Sunday is sweet because the coverage in video will show we'll dressed congregants.

After that proceed to the venue of the traditional wedding.Do your thing.Avoid buying can drinks.Make sure more than 90 are in bottles.Avoid high drinks like Heineken and Guinness,buy in little quantities if you must.

Other cheap brands are Hero,Goldberg,Star,Legend,etc

As a ph guy,where your money should be spent is on drinks.You see this small small liquors dey sell 100 naira is very very important.a carton should be around 3k or less.Like pasa bitters,Baby oku,Erujeje,etc.

Village guys dey like them well well.

I think a million naira is Ok
And during rainy season things are relatively cheap.I wish you the best.Atleast you get1 million.Some people no get to pay bride price sef.

Let's say my guy has 1 million this is what I will do.

First monetizing the whole thing may cost 300k to 350k including bride price.

2 cow head costs 40k.Big ones like 43k
You can add a carton of turkey like 10k-13k or close eye buy He-goat 25k to use for only bitter leaf soup and remove ogbono soup.

Bag of rice 18k
Gallon of red oil ten liters is 4000
Vegetable oil 9000
Tomatoes fresh 6000
Tin tomatoes 3000
Other ingredients including Maggie salt and the rest around 7k
Two basket of onions 2k

Soap Egusi a bucket is ok
And ogbomo half bucket is ok
Every other ingredients for soup is minor.Na the meat and fish be the look

2 bag of semo 6k
Garry or Akpu 6k

You can add salad or moimoi if you want.Salad is perfered cos w cheap for rainy season.Cabbage carrot and Irish potatoes and eggs are ok with biggest bama.Person wey know how to run am no go spend more than 5k.Secret if good salad na creaming.Blend sugar with bama and peak milk and salad go sweet.

Remove like 20k -25kfor dried and stock fish
Cameroon pepper like 500 is ok
Crawfish bucket is 1500

Renting of pots and canopies depending on how many 25k

Renting of wedding gown like 20k

Both of your traditional wear both of you can wear good lace for 10 yards around 35k in lagos Island market.You can chose to wear normal Senator.Aba near Ph ,you fit run an there with your wedding suit.Just buy better check material see the suit them buy plain material for trouser wey go fit am.E no cost.Just use good tailor wey no work The color of trouser should be same as your blazers.

Better shoe for island you will buy 12k.But you can still buy two for that amount.If I'm a guy I go vesper buy correct OK sanders like 8k for traditional wedding and 5k shoe for whites.I don't like cover shoes on senator wears.Good leather palm sandals is classy!Just pedicure your legs well.

Gele and shoe around 10k
Beads like 3k
And there's provisions to rent if need be.

For drinks
250k is ok
You can buy local liquors like They sell 100 in four cartons.The reason is that this little drinks are handle and when guys begin to take it with other bottles they will get really high.Just make it available and cold.

Go for other hots like captain jack,etc

Calculate and get back to me make we add more.

u the boss
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by Metrics4tea: 2:11pm On Aug 24, 2018
mine cost me 900k both traditional and white wedding on different dates
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by Joshua0232(m): 2:11pm On Aug 24, 2018
Hi everybody nice to be a nairalander tnx a lots pls let continoue to share information
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by 1miccza: 2:12pm On Aug 24, 2018
Rexnegro:

let me ansa for the guy , yes na bro , gone are the days the man is kicked around asking him to do all the listed by force all because him want marry their daughter , now bro guys are not scared anymore, they should keep their daughter na... world population getting close to 8billions now female about 5.5billions , so any girl wey him family dey so shakara to her guy abt wedding better go and beg them herself. what nonsense as if they can marry their daughter.

please read Isaiah 4 Vs 1... we are getting there gradually.

We are oo bro, una dey inspire me wella with all this talk o, because ehh when i think all this thing mehn to marry go dey fear person oo
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by 1miccza: 2:12pm On Aug 24, 2018
Caseless:
sure!

Mehhn na chairman you be be dat naa

1 Like

Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by xest(m): 2:14pm On Aug 24, 2018
No wedding is the best and the worst. It's just a day event. As for me I don't fancy church weddings, traditional and customary court weddings are recognized constitutionally. White wedding is white man's tradition just like our own traditional wedding. So be precise with your spending. #1m is too much for me. I dey invite the whole state ni? Low key, few ppl, less expensive drinks. Chikenan
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by montero4(m): 2:16pm On Aug 24, 2018
I am planning on same by November. I just asked my in-laws to check and give me the monetary value of the list for traditional rites. I will Wed my wife at Asaba where I reside, then go to their house for reception. She is the youngest, I hope her older ones will also assist on some are, though not hoping on them.
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by NoApology(m): 2:19pm On Aug 24, 2018
missyblissy:

What N500k? Oga i need to give knock for head. Come on... As an igbo man your introduction is very simple and easy. Take your family to wifes people to know them. With some drinks and. Give your mother in money to. Prepare small dish for your family and hera too..... Oga no be party na.

Guys you get it wrong now a days.. Introduction is meant to be simple. Abeg no be traditional marriage, no party, no canopy, no music.

Come on... Now you dey complain about the wedding cost when you use part of it for introduction

Hmmmm smh
theres is quite different. The bulk of the money was for buying stuffs for my wife, like gas cooker and cylinder, fridge, bags, clothes, shoes, jewelries, like 40 tubers of giant yams, big stock fish (15k for one and I bought 15). Plus other small stuffs. They call it nvu-nvu and it's part of their tradition. Good thing though, all those stuffs are still coming back to my house.
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by bossrillboss: 2:23pm On Aug 24, 2018
zinnydan:
Yes..it'll even be enough for honeymoon

Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by pansophist(m): 2:26pm On Aug 24, 2018
Caseless:
thank you, mehn!

Some wonderful women are out there. But they're very hard to find.

You broke? grin

If you are, then it's harder to find them lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Wedding Pics Of Maureensylvia, An Ex-Miss NAIRALAND Contestant / Wedding Pictures Of Identical Twin Brothers / Mini~Chat Point: What Is Happening Right Now In Your Vicinity?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.