Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:46 AM

Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? - Events (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? (31540 Views)

Is 1.5million Naira Enough To Do A Low Budget Traditional And Church Wedding? / Can One Do Traditional And White Wedding With A Budget Of N200k? / Best Man Role By Female Friends At Weddings Sparks Reactions Among FCT Residents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by capspeter: 11:17am On Aug 24, 2018
My brother iyke649 , I did my wedding December last year,
The truth is, you can do a wedding with 1m, but that depends on the standard you want. One advice I will have for you is, make sure you have another 1m because more expenses will come up during that period.

In my case I planned N1.5m, but ended up spending N3.5m, but like I said, expenses depends on you, and you will be at luck to if you have helping hand; hopefully the bride's family can carter for some expenses.

Let me give you some break down:

Clothing: traditional.
Bride cloths=N100,000; ( 2 george; 1 for outing service and 1 for the trad., Shoes, jewelries, purse, gele, and other clothes she will use for first greeting etc.)

Groom's cloth=N30,000; you can buy good senator material or isi agu, buy aka and shoe

Aso ebi= N15,000; these are the girls that will follow the bride during first greeting, you may decide to tell them to pay for the cloths.

Uniform for parents: N30,000; you can decide to buy cheaper George for the two mums and sew senators for the dads.

Total =N175,000

Clothing and accessories White wedding:

Bride wears and accessories: N50,000; rent wedding gown for N20,000, silver shoe, purse, her hair.

Groom wear: N50,000, buy suit for you and best man, you can use same shoe for white and trad, buy rings, buy, inner shirts, buy ties etc.

Bridal train:N30,000; you can buy material for them and let them sew their style themselves, buy little bride and groom cloth, male little bride hair etc

Church/village clearance:N50,000; if it's Catholic church, you have to clear you and your wife in Mary league, youths, then do village clearance.

Accessories:N30,000; this includes flowers, sprays, pin ups etc.

Total=N210,000

The ones below is dependent on the part of Igbo land, mine is anambra

Ime egu/ iku aka list: N50,000; please don't try to do this on a separate day, else you will spend N500,000. I did mine separately in October, it's celebrated like traditional wedding.

Ewu Nna list:N200,000; buy goat, beer, saint Remy etc

Ime egu list: N350,000; it contains list of different kinds of drings for different groups in the village.

Total= N600,000

The wedding ceremony proper:

It will save you alot, if the trad and wedding reception holds in the same place; preferably your wife parent compound, if you do trad in the village and receiption on Ph like you said, just multiply the figures here by 2.

Transportation:N50,000; this is for village people going to the event, the cost depends on number of people going, and the distance.

Food for trad=N150,000 ; this can't cook the food, it's called egu ngbado nni, it's money you give your wife parents to support the cooking, they will have to raise the remaining money themselves, it can cost up to N400,000

Rentals=N100,000; this include canopies, chairs, tables coolers, plates etc

Drinks for wedding: N250,000; do this according to your pocket, but expect to spend as much as this, if you will have up to 700 people.

Wedding food: N400,000; this includes catrer fee, meat; you can buy full cow, it's more economical, cos you can share it with your in-laws that will handle trad cooking.

Sourvenir=N80,000; this can be plates, buckets etc

Dj: N30,000

Mc=N15,000

Camera/video=N100,000 they will do photo book

Decoration=N50,000

Cake: N80,000 both trad and white wedding cake

Make up= N20,000

Total: N1,325,000

Other things after wedding.

You can escape these but they are necessary, and you can use money gotten from wedding to do this, though don't expect to get more than N300k if you are doing. It in the village.

Ndoku: N100,000 this is a list of things you give the mother of your wife, their family will also do Ndumo, and they will spend more on that, so you can negotiate that both parties leave it.

Church Thanksgiving: N20,000 you can buy big yams, hens, table water etc for offering.

Ogo malu be: N100,000; your in-laws will come to your house to know it officially, you will cook foods for them, drinks, and it's a tradition in some places that you must give money to everyone that came even a new born baby, you can share N100 for kids and higher money for elders.ypu can use remaining drinks and for stuffs to execute this, that's why it's cheap.

Total= N220,000

Overall total = N2,530,0000

Please note that these are the ones I can remember now, just hold more than whatever you budget.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by Akpacha(m): 11:18am On Aug 24, 2018
iyke649:
Pls i need a breakdown. U know how igbo list is and how expensive it will take . Again I plan doing it in ph town. Like how much can b budgeted for igba nkwu. Will the remaining amount b enough for the white? Lalasticlala.. I will need more view pls. Help me push am front page. Thanks
U said u are igbo, who are u asking now to teach u how to spend on ur wedding? Hausas or the Yorubas here?

4 Likes

Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by paulmarkino: 11:19am On Aug 24, 2018
What is the problem with Africans? Which one is traditional and white wedding? Africa is still under mental slavery. Westerns do Wedding in Church and court. Here someone is saying traditional wedding, white wedding and court wedding. Poor nation like us wasting our resources because we are confused.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by NoApology(m): 11:19am On Aug 24, 2018
We are almost on same issue. I have drafted a budget for my wedding and it's almost 800k, that minus the trad o. Now lemme burst your brain, I spent almost 500k on the introduction and bride price alone. And yes, I'm igbo in case you are wondering

1 Like

Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by PRINCEVICKEY: 11:20am On Aug 24, 2018
just ask the wife family how much dey wanna sell dis daughter .....from the list u will know ursef.....u will come and thank me later
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by Nobody: 11:20am On Aug 24, 2018
300k is enough from your side.. your wife should add 100k.
A total of 400k,don't waste your money.

3 Likes

Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by enemyofprogress: 11:20am On Aug 24, 2018
It won't be enough o. You'll need nothing less than ten million

4 Likes

Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by cato3(m): 11:20am On Aug 24, 2018
Yes please
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by pansophist(m): 11:21am On Aug 24, 2018
Caseless:
I won't spend one 1 million on any wedding.

If I'm spending that on my woman or on her business - I'll even give more. When it comes to marriage, I'm very low-key.

I need just 5-6 people at my wedding. On a lowest key...

I think I am actually worse than you lol. No matter how big one wedding is, at the end, it will be between you and your spouse.

I won't even do a wedding. Its a waste of resources and I personally dislike attention. My money will go for something tangible, like building business for my household and invest in our future.

12 Likes

Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by nelsonebby(m): 11:21am On Aug 24, 2018
iyke649:
Hello folks. I'm planning to wed my fiancee. Considering how tight this country is I want to know if the above amount is adequate to do both traditional n white wedding. My fiancee is igbo. Same with me
No. you’ll need at least 1.6M

2 Likes

Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by Platony(m): 11:22am On Aug 24, 2018
It depends on wat or how u wnt it to be. Mine, i spent abt 1.5mil for both white & traditional weddings. As time draws closer to d date,...u'll spend more. (Jst av dat at d bck of ur mind).

Anyways, i believe if dats wat rily hv at hrt (1mil) to spend...it wil be ok. Jst cut down sm things.

Goodluck!! wink

1 Like

Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by 1miccza: 11:22am On Aug 24, 2018
Caseless:

If I'm spending that on my woman or on her business - I'll even give more. When it comes to marriage, I'm very low-key.

Its easier said than done

2 Likes

Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by Damseldammie(f): 11:22am On Aug 24, 2018
mrjaydee:
I doubt it..cos you are marrying a Igbo..
He's also a Igbo.
Hence, they are of the same specie... Nítorí ìdí èyí, gàmbàrí pa fúlàní kò l'éjó nínú... Omo ìyá kanáà ni gbogbo won

1 Like

Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by Juicybreed(m): 11:23am On Aug 24, 2018
Half a million can do it depends on the relationship you have with people. The very day i host events, come see how my friends thy support me with cash.

1 Like

Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by xtervaganza(m): 11:23am On Aug 24, 2018
It's not a lot of money but why spend that much on a wedding?

Nigerians are not smart I swear

2 Likes

Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by Nobody: 11:25am On Aug 24, 2018
enemyofprogress:
It won't be enough o. You'll need nothing less than ten million
Real enemy of progress. grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by CSTR1005: 11:25am On Aug 24, 2018
The money is even too much.

1 Like

Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by adebayo201: 11:26am On Aug 24, 2018
Can you lend me half of the cash I will pay back very soon
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by FKMagazine(m): 11:26am On Aug 24, 2018
iyke649:
Hello folks. I'm planning to wed my fiancee. Considering how tight this country is I want to know if the above amount is adequate to do both traditional n white wedding. My fiancee is igbo. Same with me

Note: it wont be enough ooo, call the whole lagos & plan for 20Million
but before then, ask yourself, why you are you getting married?

visit: www.bisyommedia.com

1 Like

Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by obowunmi(m): 11:28am On Aug 24, 2018
Make it 5 million..
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 11:28am On Aug 24, 2018
Caseless:

we think alike. I sometimes wonder why unlike American weddings, Nigerians like to over do everything. I want a wedding with at most 50 people.

3 Likes

Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by Nobody: 11:29am On Aug 24, 2018
zinnydan:
depending on her tribe.....spend #100,000 on traditional marriage, spend 250,000 on White wedding... You still have your balance to go for honeymoon and take care of her wink wink wink wink
na pure water and cabin biscuits him wan share for the guests?
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by ewawumi(f): 11:29am On Aug 24, 2018
More than enough, let me plan it for you and you will marvel
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by enemachris(m): 11:31am On Aug 24, 2018
Caseless:

This guy must be an eoconomist grin grin
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by don4real18(m): 11:31am On Aug 24, 2018
iyke649:
Pls i need a breakdown. U know how igbo list is and how expensive it will take . Again I plan doing it in ph town. Like how much can b budgeted for igba nkwu. Will the remaining amount b enough for the white? Lalasticlala.. I will need more view pls. Help me push am front page. Thanks
Contact me for your designs at an affordable rate
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by jektony(m): 11:31am On Aug 24, 2018
iyke649:
The traditional gatz b 4 her village na..plus I will like the white wedding to b in ph wia my friends are

Truth be told, 1 million can't and wont be ok if you are gonna have this event on two separate days, the white wedding will drain you so much, put the following into consideration: Hall, Food & Drinks, Decoration, etc...so my advice to you, merge your Trad and white together...since my 4 months of being married, nobody don com ask us if we dey chop at all.....no do wedding to please anyone, after that wedding day...na #OYO be your neew State of origin grin grin grin grin

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by Nobody: 11:34am On Aug 24, 2018
Caseless:

This is so me!
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by blessedweapon(m): 11:34am On Aug 24, 2018
LynnnCHI:
Yes a million is ok .

All you need to do is to make the two ceremonies same day.Preferably,the white wedding should be done in the village of the bride or around same town.You can do this in any time of the day,if you guys are catholic better!A priest can fix you guys on any during morning massFirst mass on a Sunday is sweet because the coverage in video will show we'll dressed congregants.

After that proceed to the venue of the traditional wedding.Do your thing.Avoid buying can drinks.Make sure more than 90 are in bottles.Avoid high drinks like Heineken and Guinness,buy in little quantities if you must.

Other cheap brands are Hero,Goldberg,Star,Legend,etc

I think a million naira is Ok
And during rainy season things are relatively cheap.I wish you the best.Atleast you get1 million.Some people no get to pay bride price sef.

Let's say my guy has 1 million this is what I will do.

First monetizing the whole thing may cost 300k to 350k including bride price.

2 cow head costs 40k.
You can add a carton of turkey like 10k-13k
Bag of rice 18k
Gallon of red oil ten liters is 4000
Vegetable oil 9000
Tomatoes fresh 6000
Tin tomatoes 3000
Other ingredients including Maggie salt and the rest around 7k
Two basket of onions 2k

Soap Egusi a bucket is ok
And ogbomo half bucket is ok
Every other ingredients for soup is minor.Na the meat and fish be the look

2 bag of semo 6k
Garry or Akpu 6k

You can add salad or moimoi if you want.Salad is perfered cos w cheap for rainy season.Cabbage carrot and Irish potatoes and eggs are ok with biggest bama.Person wey know how to run am no go spend more than 5k.Secret if good salad na creaming.Blend sugar with bama and peak milk and salad go sweet.

Remove like 20k for dried and stock fish
Cameroon pepper like 500 is ok
Crawfish bucket is 1500

Renting of pots and canopies depending on how many 25k

Renting of wedding gown like 20k

Both of your traditional wear both of you can wear good lace for 10 yards around 35k in lagos Island market.You can chose to wear normal Senator.Aba near Ph ,you fit run an there with your wedding suit.Just buy better check material see the suit them buy plain material for trouser wey go fit am.E no cost.Just use good tailor wey no work The color of trouser should be same as your blazers.

Better shoe for island you will buy 12k.But you can still buy two for that amount.If I'm a guy I go vesper buy correct OK sanders like 8k for traditional wedding and 5k shoe for whites.I don't like cover shoes on senator wears.Good leather palm sandals is classy!Just pedicure your legs well.

Gele and shoe around 10k
Beads like 3k
And there's provisions to rent if need be.

For drinks
250k is ok
You can buy local liquors like They sell 100 in four cartons.The reason is that this little drinks are handle and when guys begin to take it with other bottles they will get really high.Just make it available and cold.

Go for other hots like captain jack,etc

Calculate and get back to me make we add more.

Marry me naa cry cry

2 Likes

Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by LUGBE: 11:35am On Aug 24, 2018
We managed #2 million early last year.
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by Nobody: 11:35am On Aug 24, 2018
iyke649:
wat if she no accept?
Then there’s no point marrying someone that doesn’t respect or accept your decisions

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by Lilimax(f): 11:35am On Aug 24, 2018
iyke649:
Abia. Ngwa
Jehova!
You go buy ladies machine(okada) be that smiley

2 Likes

Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by iyke649(m): 11:36am On Aug 24, 2018
jektony:

Truth be told, 1 million can't and wont be ok if you are gonna have this event on two separate days, the white wedding will drain you so much, put the following into consideration: Hall, Food & Drinks, Decoration, etc...so my advice to you, merge your Trad and white together...since my 4 months of being married, nobody don com ask us if we dey chop at all.....no do wedding to please anyone, after that wedding day...na #OYO be your neew State of origin grin grin grin grin
lol. Thank u

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Nigerian, Constance Onyeka Weds In A Wheelchair (Photos) / Wedding Pics Of Maureensylvia, An Ex-Miss NAIRALAND Contestant / Wedding Pictures Of Identical Twin Brothers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.