Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,201 members, 7,818,670 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:28 PM

Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? - Events (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? (31672 Views)

Is 1.5million Naira Enough To Do A Low Budget Traditional And Church Wedding? / Can One Do Traditional And White Wedding With A Budget Of N200k? / Best Man Role By Female Friends At Weddings Sparks Reactions Among FCT Residents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by sommyfred(m): 2:30pm On Aug 24, 2018
Bro one million is definitely not enough for that just budget up to two million.speaking from experience
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by mechanics(m): 2:31pm On Aug 24, 2018
Yes, it all depends o, the hall you will rent and other things.
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by EmmaStone01: 2:31pm On Aug 24, 2018
zinnydan:
Yes..it'll even be enough for honeymoon

Wow, are you for real? I thought you were kidding oh.
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by Sandycee: 2:34pm On Aug 24, 2018
iyke649:
Hello folks. I'm planning to wed my fiancee. Considering how tight this country is I want to know if the above amount is adequate to do both traditional n white wedding. My fiancee is igbo. Same with me
If you do both same day..yes it will but if not...
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by zuto4u(m): 2:37pm On Aug 24, 2018
I am from Imo state and my fiancee is from the capital of Imo state (Owerri).
sacramento1212:

Not all parts of igbo land. Imo state(some parts) is the most expensive of all parts of igbo land. So you aren't from Imo?
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by Rexnegro(m): 2:39pm On Aug 24, 2018
1miccza:

We are oo bro, una dey inspire me wella with all this talk o, because ehh when i think all this thing mehn to marry go dey fear person oo
what am about to say might not go down well with u , do u know that most time I think of just having kids like a boy and a girl without marrying ? marriage these days is getting less interesting with the kind of girls this generation is breeding ... they don't understand anything, their entitlement mentality is killing them and they don't know , also their sense of reasoning is so awkward that you ask ursef if they are brain dead, most importantly some of them ehn their behaviour is nothing to write home about. if possible I can get kids without tying my life to one annoying creature call woman of these days under the same roof for life I will gladly put my dick in there for it. then give my best to give my kids best of everything.

1 Like

Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by 1miccza: 2:43pm On Aug 24, 2018
Rexnegro:

what am about to say might not go down well with u , do u know that most time I think of just having kids like a boy and a girl without marrying ? marriage these days is getting less interesting with the kind of girls this generation is breeding ... they don't understand anything, their entitlement mentality is killing them and they don't know , also their sense of reasoning is so awkward that you ask ursef if they are brain dead, most importantly some of them ehn their behaviour is nothing to write home about. if possible I can get kids without tying my life to one annoying creature call woman of these days under the same roof for life I will gladly put my dick in there for it. then give my best to give my kids best of everything.

Not like it?? Looks like you've been reading through my hidden predicaments honestly, do you know that these days it's so hard to get a lady that will actually strike up an intelligent and rewarding conversation without bringing in all phony beliefs that will cut short such a convo??
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by educhigo: 2:43pm On Aug 24, 2018
na wa i get people way dey enjoy for this buhari regime ooo me self never eat since yesterday and you are here talking of spending 1m for wedding

Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by nelsonebby(m): 2:47pm On Aug 24, 2018
auxanosolar:
wish I could like ur comment more than once...... I am not a fan of elaborate wedding at all
If u no get money, hide your ______
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by Rexnegro(m): 2:57pm On Aug 24, 2018
1miccza:

Not like it?? Looks like you've been reading through my hidden predicaments honestly, do you know that these days it's so hard to get a lady that will actually strike up an intelligent and rewarding conversation without bringing in all phony beliefs that will cut short such a convo??
where is the brain to strike up intelligent convo with you? people that are full of kk ok yea when chatting with them online, some in physical appears nice and intelligent from afar but near them na ....am beginning to agree with guys that are saying that most of them are just intimacy gadgets , that bring to the fact that remove sex from them they are just liabilities. that their stupid entitlement mentality dey vex me ehn.... a girl will visit u and expect u to flex her and still give her transport fare, and still expect u to do the same when u visit...u been the guest will have to play the role of the host for them again. very few are reasonable and teachable among them. hold such with high esteem if u get her.
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by 1miccza: 3:02pm On Aug 24, 2018
Rexnegro:

where is the brain to strike up intelligent convo with you? people that are full of kk ok yea when chatting with them online, some in physical appears nice and intelligent from afar but near them na ....am beginning to agree with guys that are saying that most of them are just intimacy gadgets , that bring to the fact that remove sex from them they are just liabilities. that their stupid entitlement mentality dey vex me ehn.... a girl will visit u and expect u to flex her and still give her transport fare, and still expect u to do the same when u visit...u been the guest will have to play the role of the host for them again. very few are reasonable and teachable among them. hold such with high esteem if u get her.

Honestly, i chatted one up when i saw a video that she uploaded where she was singing, after plenty shakara and chasing on instagram,she was feeling fly, na in i vex bone she eventually gave me her number herself without asking, fast forward to a week later, she began to form my phone don spoil and all, i saw through the charade and ignored her sorry ass, now e dey there dey pursue me round facebook.. It's really crazy.. It's actually looking like the female world has gone bonkers..

3 Likes

Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by Chidonc(m): 3:07pm On Aug 24, 2018
iyke649:
She is igbo, same as me. Hav u seen an igbo list b4? Quite huge
meet with the elders and forget how long the list is. it can be negotiated.
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by Nobody: 3:15pm On Aug 24, 2018
zinnydan:
depending on her tribe.....spend #100,000 on traditional marriage, spend 250,000 on White wedding... You still have your balance to go for honeymoon and take care of her wink wink wink wink
If you are not married yet, I pray you get a stingy husband that will spend only 350k shocked for both traditional and white wedding grin
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by Prince0500(m): 3:15pm On Aug 24, 2018
iyke649:
She is igbo, same as me. Hav u seen an igbo list b4? Quite huge
Pls don't give in to that list oo ,I married an Igbo girl this year ,we didn't spend that much oo. Monetize that list ,just let them know how much you can pay for those requirements.
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by Nobody: 3:17pm On Aug 24, 2018
zinnydan:
which state, am also from IBO land
Then spell the "IBO" well. Stop forming aje undecided
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by jidobaba(m): 3:29pm On Aug 24, 2018
LynnnCHI aka Lynnpetra wink
Correct girl!
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by kalu61(m): 3:38pm On Aug 24, 2018
condomuser:
My wedding cost me N89 million
grin
condomuser:
My wedding cost me N89 million
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by kalu61(m): 3:40pm On Aug 24, 2018
nelsonebby:
Odiegwu
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by kalu61(m): 3:40pm On Aug 24, 2018
nelsonebby:
Odiegwu
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by Prince0500(m): 3:43pm On Aug 24, 2018
innocential3032:
it wil be enough buh nt in IMO STATE
I married an mbeise girl bro ,I didn't spend that much. Do you know I wanted buying wedding card that cost 7000 per 100 copies but my wife rejected the idea outrightly and ask me to buy that of 1500 per 100 copies..Bros I Monetize the list ni oo.

1 Like

Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by Rexnegro(m): 4:16pm On Aug 24, 2018
1miccza:

Honestly, i chatted one up when i saw a video that she uploaded where she was singing, after plenty shakara and chasing on instagram,she was feeling fly, na in i vex bone she eventually gave me her number herself without asking, fast forward to a week later, she began to form my phone don spoil and all, i saw through the charade and ignored her sorry ass, now e dey there dey pursue me round facebook.. It's really crazy.. It's actually looking like the female world has gone bonkers..
na so they be o , confused people... they are like shadow when u chase them they run away from u , but u just turn back they will chase after u most especially when u are blessed with those material things that attract them. any foreigner aside Arabs is okay for me to marry . Nigeria girls for me are no option.
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by slegend(m): 4:16pm On Aug 24, 2018
LynnnCHI:
Yes a million is ok .

All you need to do is to make the two ceremonies same day.Preferably,the white wedding should be done in the village of the bride or around same town.You can do this in any time of the day,if you guys are catholic better!A priest can fix you guys on any during morning massFirst mass on a Sunday is sweet because the coverage in video will show we'll dressed congregants.

After that proceed to the venue of the traditional wedding.Do your thing.Avoid buying can drinks.Make sure more than 90 are in bottles.Avoid high drinks like Heineken and Guinness,buy in little quantities if you must.

Other cheap brands are Hero,Goldberg,Star,Legend,etc

As a ph guy,where your money should be spent is on drinks.You see this small small liquors dey sell 100 naira is very very important.a carton should be around 3k or less.Like pasa bitters,Baby oku,Erujeje,etc.

Village guys dey like them well well.

I think a million naira is Ok
And during rainy season things are relatively cheap.I wish you the best.Atleast you get1 million.Some people no get to pay bride price sef.

Let's say my guy has 1 million this is what I will do.

First monetizing the whole thing may cost 300k to 350k including bride price.

2 cow head costs 40k.Big ones like 43k
You can add a carton of turkey like 10k-13k or close eye buy He-goat 25k to use for only bitter leaf soup and remove ogbono soup.

Bag of rice 18k
Gallon of red oil ten liters is 4000
Vegetable oil 9000
Tomatoes fresh 6000
Tin tomatoes 3000
Other ingredients including Maggie salt and the rest around 7k
Two basket of onions 2k

Soap Egusi a bucket is ok
And ogbomo half bucket is ok
Every other ingredients for soup is minor.Na the meat and fish be the look

2 bag of semo 6k
Garry or Akpu 6k

You can add salad or moimoi if you want.Salad is perfered cos w cheap for rainy season.Cabbage carrot and Irish potatoes and eggs are ok with biggest bama.Person wey know how to run am no go spend more than 5k.Secret if good salad na creaming.Blend sugar with bama and peak milk and salad go sweet.

Remove like 20k -25kfor dried and stock fish
Cameroon pepper like 500 is ok
Crawfish bucket is 1500

Renting of pots and canopies depending on how many 25k

Renting of wedding gown like 20k.Babe can even buy beautiful veil on line with crown.She can make very beautiful cheap hair with synthetic weavon.Noble super curl on gel up is great if she has a good salon person that knows how to roll with pin to make a curly - like ball.She can order a good FULLcrown on eBay that can sit perfectly on the head.Dont like crown sold on Nigeria markets.

Both of your traditional wear both of you can wear good lace for 10 yards around 35k in lagos Island market.You can chose to wear normal Senator.Aba near Ph ,you fit run an there with your wedding suit.Just buy better check material sew the suit then buy plain material for trouser wey go fit am.E no cost.Just use good tailor wey no work The color of trouser should be same as your blazers.You can get a bow tie but a normal tie is better.Abeg buy a very good tie even if it cost you close to 5k.

Better shoe for island you will buy 12k.But you can still buy two for that amount.If I'm a guy I go vesper buy correct OK sanders like 8k for traditional wedding and 5k shoe for whites.I don't like cover shoes on senator wears.Good leather palm sandals is classy!Just pedicure your legs well.

Gele and shoe around 10k
Beads like 3k
And there's provisions to rent if need be.

For drinks
250k is ok
You can buy local liquors like They sell 100 in four cartons.The reason is that this little drinks are handle and when guys begin to take it with other bottles they will get really high.Just make it available and cold.

Go for other hots like captain jack,etc

Enter idumagbo for Lagos island,buy gifts.You can go for plastic bowls,small trays,cups,etc.You fit mix am sef.
Let's work with a guest of 1000.
You can see fancy bowls or saucer or fancy grating plates(it comes with the little bowl covered with the grater as the cover)for 60 naira multiply by a thousand.make them do printing to gum the body for 3k.The lesser the guest you have in mind the cheaper you spend.If you enter idumagbo,you go see plenty things as gift wey your money reach.

Call a good photographer.Let them do the video and some pics,the rest have it on flash drive so you go use your hand they print small small.But some photo company fit charge you 100 to 150 to run everything with album.Truth is why the rush?Get a flash drive!Run it little by little.

Calculate and get back to me make we add more.

Please I'm not a man.Several posts mentioning me as a guy.Im just fortunate to have several men as blood brothers,hence I know a lot of things men know.
Best support ever...On his behalf,i will say THANK YOU.

1 Like

Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by 1miccza: 4:19pm On Aug 24, 2018
Rexnegro:

na so they be o , confused people... they are like shadow when u chase them they run away from u , but u just turn back they will chase after u most especially when u are blessed with those material things that attract them. any foreigner aside Arabs is okay for me to marry . Nigeria girls for me are no option.

But Arabs make sense naa why you no like them? The one wey dey tire me na person go see guy, like the guy instead of make dem talk na to dey wave phone like say guys na doll baby or magician wey go just look phone begin talk to you na wa oo
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by Acidosis(m): 4:19pm On Aug 24, 2018
The least required by law is around 5-20k in any registry across Nigeria. Any other thing you choose to add or do is at your own lustful discretion, and you should take responsibility without disturbing the world wide web with incessant requests for budget.
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by Nobody: 4:23pm On Aug 24, 2018
ClixMaster:
If you are not married yet, I pray you get a stingy husband that will spend only 350k shocked on both traditional and white wedding grin
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by Nobody: 4:24pm On Aug 24, 2018
cheesy
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by Rexnegro(m): 4:28pm On Aug 24, 2018
1miccza:

But Arabs make sense naa why you no like them? The one wey dey tire me na person go see guy, like the guy instead of make dem talk na to dey wave phone like say guys na doll baby or magician wey go just look phone begin talk to you na wa oo
Arabs? well I kind of fear their hostile background , I may be wrong with this perceptions but for now I don't like them, I prefer others to them . bro seriously if u can o forget Nigeria girls o.
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by 1miccza: 4:29pm On Aug 24, 2018
Rexnegro:

Arabs? well I kind of fear their hostile background , I may be wrong with this perceptions but for now I don't like them, I prefer others to them . bro seriously if u can o forget Nigeria girls o.

Nigerian ladies? Meehn i sometimes try to imagine how they all came to be like this honestly..
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by jessedaflow: 4:49pm On Aug 24, 2018
zinnydan:
which state, am also from IBO land
OGA its igbo
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by Rexnegro(m): 4:58pm On Aug 24, 2018
1miccza:

Nigerian ladies? Meehn i sometimes try to imagine how they all came to be like this honestly..
honestly me myself I don't know , but I suspect that it's just natural ... they are just who they are bro
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by 1miccza: 5:03pm On Aug 24, 2018
Rexnegro:

honestly me myself I don't know , but I suspect that it's just natural ... they are just who they are bro

I was once in a commercial bus on a way from a meeting and a lady by my side was just busy looking at my face, i was so tired to the point that i couldn't speak, she kept on waving her phone from the right to the left and i kept on looking at her like wtf is this babe doing until we got close to our destination, when it became obvious that i wasn't going to budge , i spotted a tear line dripping down her cheeks as she was heading down, that was when i realized that she actually wanted to talk to me , can you imagine??
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by Jhayeahsam01(m): 5:03pm On Aug 24, 2018
abeg bro gimmie the money make i strt life with it..
then i will arrange dream marriage for una

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Video From The Wedding Of The Man Who Married 2 Women In Delta.C How They Danced / Six Things We Shouldn't Be Seeing Anymore In Nigerian Weddings / Mini~Chat Point: What Is Happening Right Now In Your Vicinity?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.