Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,905 members, 7,817,682 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:06 PM

### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### - Phones (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### (300094 Views)

Xiaomi Thread Deleted / Strange Behavior From China Phones Help / See How To Activate MTN 100% Double Data Bonus Without Tweaking IMEI (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (266) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by horlahwaley(m): 8:43pm On Sep 12, 2018
LEGITLAYO:
Good morning sirs....
I just unlocked my bootloader, I would like to flash the gcam in my note 5.
I don't know how to go about it.
hello bro, pls can u helpp me out stepwise on how to unlock bootloader on redmi 5 plus.
can u pls dm. me ur whatsapp no. tnx in addy
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by mathefaro(m): 6:33am On Sep 13, 2018
CuteMaro:

It mostly depends on the type of headphone you have. I have changed over 3 profiles due to different headphones
ok thanks, I also tinker with the settings to get what I like
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by kvngjesse(m): 6:35am On Sep 13, 2018
Mustiboy:
anyway to get miui 10 for redmi 5 plus? I'm tired of miui 9.
We have beeN there....
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by bigtt76(f): 6:37am On Sep 13, 2018
I understand the guy's concern... width of the 18.9 VS 16.9 is smaller. For someone who enjoys reading on a phone would find it a bit difficult moving from a 16.9 to a 18.9 screen ratio. Again, I would say let's respect his wish. BTW I've used both screen ratio so I know undecided

Gptech:

Have you compared them side by side? You better go for the note 5, I have both phones here, been using mine for over 1.5 years, I don't think anyone will try to convince you again, after all, it's your money. Battery is on par between both, camera, processing speed is far better on note 5. I took this pics for you to compare their sizes. The note 4 is a very good phone, but it's old, at it's price currently you only need to add very little to get the note 5, its the new kid in the block and all the attention and support showered on the note 4/4x are now being transferred to it.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by mathefaro(m): 6:37am On Sep 13, 2018
horlahwaley:
hello bro, pls can u helpp me out stepwise on how to unlock bootloader on redmi 5 plus.
can u pls dm. me ur whatsapp no. tnx in addy
https://www.xiaomigeek.com/unlock-bootloader-redmi-note-5-pro.html

Everything you need is on that site
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Gptech(m): 6:51am On Sep 13, 2018
bigtt76:
I understand the guy's concern... width of the 18.9 VS 16.9 is smaller. For someone who enjoys reading on a phone would find it a bit difficult moving from a 16.9 to a 18.9 screen ratio. Again, I would say let's respect his wish. BTW I've used both screen ratio so I know undecided

No ma'am, we are not disrespecting anyone's wish, just offering the best options, he has ' the yam, the knife, the pot, the firewood, etc' with him. We have seen cases like this before, in the last episode, someone was even blaming some of us for not trying to convince him enough, can you beat that shocked!

1 Like

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 7:23am On Sep 13, 2018
Gptech:

No ma'am, we are not disrespecting anyone's wish, just offering the best options, he has ' the yam, the knife, the pot, the firewood, etc' with him. We have seen cases like this before, in the last episode, someone was even blaming some of us for not trying to convince him enough, can you beat that shocked!

grin
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Mustiboy(m): 8:11am On Sep 13, 2018
kvngjesse:

We have beeN there....
you've been there? Don't understand.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by kvngjesse(m): 8:30am On Sep 13, 2018
Mustiboy:
you've been there? Don't understand.
*Miui10
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by bigtt76(f): 9:12am On Sep 13, 2018
I understand .....LMAO @bolded ...I can imagine. The thing is, this guy already mentioned that he's not a fan of 18.9 screen ratio, meaning he knows what he's after. I myself never liked 18.9 screen ration when Samsung first introduced it cause I was using a 5.5 inches screen phone back then and so loved it. Not even the Infinix Note 2 screen size attracted my attention. Let him decide and if possible, take a photograph of both phones (4 and 5) screen let him see the front too.

Gptech:

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Mustiboy(m): 9:52am On Sep 13, 2018
kvngjesse:

*Miui10
oh. do you have it on redmi 5 plus? if yes, how did you go about it?
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by CuteMaro(m): 11:32am On Sep 13, 2018
mathefaro:
ok thanks, I also tinker with the settings to get what I like
u're welcome bro
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by mathefaro(m): 12:12pm On Sep 13, 2018
Mustiboy:
oh. do you have it on redmi 5 plus? if yes, how did you go about it?
Either you go the "developer Rom" way ot the "custom Rom" way. There are nice miui based custom Roms that you can use
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by LEGITLAYO: 4:05pm On Sep 13, 2018
Hello, I've finally unlocked my phone..
At the expense of losing my files tho kiss.
It was quite painful but I've moved on.
Next step is how to get and install gcam on this baby...
Full beast mode loading!
Gptech, kstan, I need your help abeg.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by kvngjesse(m): 7:21pm On Sep 13, 2018
LEGITLAYO:
Full beast mode loading!
Rn5?
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by LEGITLAYO: 7:51pm On Sep 13, 2018
kvngjesse:

Rn5?
Yes
Any help?
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Gptech(m): 7:59pm On Sep 13, 2018
LEGITLAYO:

Yes
Any help?
Flash TWRP first. You can use this self explanatory Toolkit. Just read properly, in a minute you should have Twrp flashed. https://en.miui.com/thread-3282063-1-1.html
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by ifejilika(m): 8:51pm On Sep 13, 2018
That was my mistake when I flashed red wolf in my r5+ and forgot to disable verify or root @ first..
Got my device bricked..
Flashed fastboot rom

frankyvalll:
after
flashing the redwolf recovery u need to type fast boot boot recovery rwrp.img. It will boot into recovery, thereafter u can now use the normal method to enter redwolf recovery
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by honsule(m): 9:16pm On Sep 13, 2018
LEGITLAYO:
Full beast mode loading!

Congrats on finally unlocking the phone. cool
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Gptech(m): 10:21pm On Sep 13, 2018
honsule:

Oga u never still flash TWRP?
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by honsule(m): 12:42am On Sep 14, 2018
Gptech:

Oga u never still flash TWRP?

i have not o. i will do it on Saturday. i don't want to land in brickland o grin grin
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Codedzng: 6:45am On Sep 14, 2018
How Can I update my Redmi Note 5 Ai to miui 10 China stable from miui 9.6.4.0. is it possible to do that by using updater
I don't want to do anything that will brick my phone.
My phone has been unlocked
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Gptech(m): 6:56am On Sep 14, 2018
Codedzng:
How Can I update my Redmi Note 5 Ai to miui 10 China stable from miui 9.6.4.0. is it possible to do that by using updater
I don't want to do anything that will brick my phone.
My phone has been unlocked
Update via the updater app once you get the notification.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by LEGITLAYO: 6:56am On Sep 14, 2018
honsule:

Thank you sir grin
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Codedzng: 7:01am On Sep 14, 2018
Gptech:

Update via the updater app once you get the notification.

Am currently on Global rom but want to upgrade to Chinese stable version

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Gptech(m): 7:09am On Sep 14, 2018
Codedzng:

Am currently on Global rom but want to upgrade to Chinese stable version
Hmmm, kind of weird. Be sure to backup your files, because you'll definitely lose them, and note that it's easier to flash Chinese rom from Global compared to the other way round.

1 Like

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Codedzng: 7:19am On Sep 14, 2018
Gptech:

Hmmm, kind of weird. Be sure to backup your files, because you'll definitely lose them, and note that it's easier to flash Chinese rom from Global compared to the other way round.

What can u advise? My screen touch is lagging !! Not that it's not responding, but not smooth
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Gptech(m): 8:50am On Sep 14, 2018
Codedzng:

What can u advise? My screen touch is lagging !! Not that it's not responding, but not smooth
Do a factory reset.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by eltalentino(m): 3:33pm On Sep 14, 2018
LEGITLAYO:
Full beast mode loading!

Heard miui 10 doesn't support gcam, so ask Gptech before you update to miui10
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Mfunkynation(m): 3:52pm On Sep 14, 2018
Viper4android vs Dobly atmos...which is better?
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by LEGITLAYO: 5:10pm On Sep 14, 2018
eltalentino:

Heard miui 10 doesn't support gcam, so ask Gptech before you update to miui10
Thanks boss.
I'll ask him
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by hardeycute(m): 6:53pm On Sep 14, 2018
Is it possible to recover lost data on XIAOMI during flashing of TWRP

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (266) (Reply)

Tecno N7 5" Android Phone / List Of WAP Sites You Know / Gionee M3mini Discussion Thread [HOT]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.