Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,676 members, 7,809,570 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:20 AM

### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### - Phones (142) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### (298457 Views)

Xiaomi Thread Deleted / Strange Behavior From China Phones Help / See How To Activate MTN 100% Double Data Bonus Without Tweaking IMEI (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) ... (266) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by liljboy(m): 11:00pm On Jan 26, 2020
busuyi44:
Cc liljboy

How did you overcome the initial glitches in flashing twrp recovery?
hmmmm guy no near custom ROMs o... Anyways, if you get issues, I'm in the best position to guide you further ... I've seen things angry grin
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by busuyi44: 11:39pm On Jan 26, 2020
liljboy:
hmmmm guy no near custom ROMs o... Anyways, if you get issues, I'm in the best position to guide you further ... I've seen things angry grin
Y boss?
Share ur experience

Which custom ROM disappointed you?

Make I learn
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by busuyi44: 11:56pm On Jan 26, 2020
OVA200 check page 77 of this thread to see how to unlock bootloader and flash ROM
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by OVA200(m): 12:17am On Jan 27, 2020
busuyi44:
OVA200 check page 77 of this thread to see how to unlock bootloader and flash ROM
I will, thank you.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by liljboy(m): 1:27am On Jan 27, 2020
busuyi44:

Y boss?
Share ur experience

Make I learn
everything started when I flashed aosp ROM... Went back to miuimix, it compounded... It was hell sha lol
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Kvngwitty(m): 2:46am On Jan 27, 2020
GrandMufti:

Yes. But better leave the one with unlock permission.

Backup o. Unlocking will wipe your device

Unlocked successfully
Installed twrp but I'm stuck on how to install dm verity and patches
I was too eager I disconnected my phone after successfully installing twrp but now can't install magisk and twrp

Please help a soul ooo
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Kvngwitty(m): 3:09am On Jan 27, 2020
busuyi44:
Orange Fox recovery flashed

GrandMufti how do I use it to flash AEX custom rom for Redmi 5 Plus Vince? Link to download the AEX ROM too?

Cc olayinkajnr

Is this orange fox recovery more like onclite twrp ¿ or different because I tried to flash twrp and it was successful but I can't boot into recovery with the PC fastboot CMD

Redmi Note 7
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 5:43am On Jan 27, 2020
Kvngwitty:

Unlocked successfully
Installed twrp but I'm stuck on how to install dm verity and patches
I was too eager I disconnected my phone after successfully installing twrp but now can't install magisk and twrp

Please help a soul ooo

https://androidfilebox.com/tips/root-redmi-note-5/

1 Like

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by busuyi44: 6:47am On Jan 27, 2020
Kvngwitty:

Is this orange fox recovery more like onclite twrp ¿ or different because I tried to flash twrp and it was successful but I can't boot into recovery with the PC fastboot CMD

Redmi Note 7

I don't know much about onclite twrp, maybe GrandMufti can help us

Why not try Orange Fox recovery? U can even update MIUI OTA updates with it like follow come stock recovery

U download d Orange Fox recovery zip file, copy d zip file to your phone internal memory
Unzip d file on your laptop, copy the recovery image to minimal adb and fastboot file in program file on your laptop and then flash the recovery image.
Make sure you flash d Orange fox recovery file zip file on your phone b4 u reboot

1 Like

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Kvngwitty(m): 7:28am On Jan 27, 2020
busuyi44:

I don't know much about onclite twrp, maybe GrandMufti can help us

Why not try Orange Fox recovery? U can even update MIUI OTA updates with it like follow come stock recovery

U download d Orange Fox recovery zip file, copy d zip file to your phone internal memory
Unzip d file on your laptop, copy the recovery image to minimal adb and fastboot file in program file on your laptop and then flash the recovery image.
Make sure you flash d Orange fox recovery file zip file on your phone b4 u reboot

Thanks bro and can you help with the link to get the Orange Fox Recovery
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by olayinkajnr(m): 12:39pm On Jan 27, 2020
busuyi44:

Y boss?
Share ur experience

Make I learn

No mind am. His own issue is very small. But my guy, since this is his first Xiaomi device, was confused when he encountered issues. grin grin

Me and @GrandMufti don warn am before. He no gree.

His issue was with his panel (goodix). I don't know why Xiaomi used different panels for Redmi 7 devices. But Vince is in another world. None of such issues exist with Vince.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by genius43(m): 1:04pm On Jan 27, 2020
olayinkajnr:

No mind am. His own issue is very small. But my guy, since this is his first Xiaomi device, was confused when he encountered issues. grin grin

Me and @GrandMufti don warn am before. He no gree.

His issue was with his panel (goodix). I don't know why Xiaomi used different panels for Redmi 7 devices. But Vince is in another world. None of such issues exist with Vince.

They probably used panel to differentiate between EU and Global Version
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by olayinkajnr(m): 1:48pm On Jan 27, 2020
genius43:

They probably used panel to differentiate between EU and Global Version

I don't think so, it's mixed.

Mine is CSOT on global version. His is EU version with goodix and there are some global and EU version with BOE.

Na lack of research cause am. Many customs ROMs for Redmi 7 don't support devices with BOE and goodix panel. CSOT supports all.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by genius43(m): 2:06pm On Jan 27, 2020
olayinkajnr:

I don't think so, it's mixed.

Mine is CSOT on global version. His is EU version with goodix and there are some global and EU version with BOE.

Na lack of research cause am. Many customs ROMs for Redmi 7 don't support devices with BOE and goodix panel. CSOT supports all.

Okay
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by busuyi44: 2:12pm On Jan 27, 2020

1 Like

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by liljboy(m): 3:50pm On Jan 27, 2020
Kvngwitty:

Redmi Note 7
note 7 is lavender.... R7 is onclite

1 Like

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Kvngwitty(m): 2:17am On Jan 28, 2020
liljboy:
note 7 is lavender.... R7 is onclite

Oh I downloaded Onclite twrp tho phone still works fine bootloader unlocked but I can't boot into recovery mode it's showing something like wipe and........

Bro I don't know if you can guide on how to run this twrp thing
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Kvngwitty(m): 2:18am On Jan 28, 2020
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 4:12am On Jan 28, 2020
xvbill:
Who is

l

No ads here
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by busuyi44: 6:12am On Jan 28, 2020
busuyi44:

I don't know much about onclite twrp, maybe Grand. Mufti can help us

Unzip d file on your laptop, copy the recovery image to minimal adb and fastboot file in program file on your laptop and then flash the recovery image like d way u flash twrp .
Kvngwitty

1 Like

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by liljboy(m): 9:05am On Jan 28, 2020
Kvngwitty:

Oh I downloaded Onclite twrp tho phone still works fine bootloader unlocked but I can't boot into recovery mode it's showing something like wipe and........

Bro I don't know if you can guide on how to run this twrp thing
download the right twrp for your phone then follow the normal instructions for flashing one... The procedure is the same

1 Like

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by eby001(m): 11:06am On Jan 28, 2020
olayinkajnr:

The reason why the customisations on mine are few is because this is the initial build for my device.

Hope there is full screen gesture 9n this, how is the system UI? hope it's not old.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by olayinkajnr(m): 11:09am On Jan 28, 2020
eby001:

Hope there is full screen gesture 9n this, how is the system UI? hope it's not old.

But you saw the screenshot of the android version na. And you saw the details there.

The full screen gesture is better than MIUI.

Check the onclite group, download and install it to see how good the system UI is.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by eby001(m): 11:20am On Jan 28, 2020
olayinkajnr:

But you saw the screenshot of the android version na. And you saw the details there.

The full screen gesture is better than MIUI.

Check the onclite group, download and install it to see how good the system UI is.
I had to ask you, I have issue with logins on pixysOS with OPay, Facebook and WhatsApp
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by olayinkajnr(m): 11:28am On Jan 28, 2020
eby001:

I had to ask you, I have issue with logins on pixysOS with OPay, Facebook and WhatsApp

No issues. At least, that's what I've been using.

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 1:37pm On Jan 28, 2020
olayinkajnr:

No issues. At least, that's what I've been using.

See ads. Use adguard app
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by olayinkajnr(m): 3:10pm On Jan 28, 2020
GrandMufti:

See ads. Use adguard app

No be adds o.

Na screenshot of WhatsApp, Facebook and Opay combined.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 4:40pm On Jan 28, 2020
olayinkajnr:

No be adds o.

Na screenshot of WhatsApp, Facebook and Opay combined.
ok
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 4:43pm On Jan 28, 2020
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by sweetveek(m): 7:47pm On Jan 28, 2020
pls who can help with installation guide on gcam for redmi note 8?
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by callydon(m): 8:21pm On Jan 28, 2020
sweetveek:
pls who can help with installation guide on gcam for redmi note 8?
There's no installation guide per say. Just download & install. what you might be needing later wud be d best settings to bring out d best of Gcam

(1) (2) (3) ... (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) ... (266) (Reply)

Tecno N7 5" Android Phone / List Of WAP Sites You Know / Gionee M3mini Discussion Thread [HOT]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.