Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,789 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:32 AM

### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### - Phones (203) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### (300683 Views)

Xiaomi Thread Deleted / Strange Behavior From China Phones Help / See How To Activate MTN 100% Double Data Bonus Without Tweaking IMEI (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) ... (266) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by WilliamChimaobi: 11:36pm On Aug 07, 2020
Please after installing twrp via adb is there any other file am supposed to flash to complete the installation of the twrp or that's all

GrandMufti please help
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 4:41am On Aug 08, 2020
WilliamChimaobi:
Please after installing twrp via adb is there any other file am supposed to flash to complete the installation of the twrp or that's all

GrandMufti please help

The guide you used should state it
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by WilliamChimaobi: 7:49am On Aug 08, 2020
GrandMufti:

The guide you used should state it
it was one of those tech buzz link u posted for someone...... But on another site I was seeing flashing lazy flasher? Am confused
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 7:52am On Aug 08, 2020
WilliamChimaobi:
it was one of those tech buzz link u posted for someone...... But on another site I was seeing flashing lazy flasher? Am confused

Different devices have different files to flash. What's your device?
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by WilliamChimaobi: 8:03am On Aug 08, 2020
GrandMufti:

Different devices have different files to flash. What's your device?
RN8 just got 2weeks back
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 9:49am On Aug 08, 2020
WilliamChimaobi:
RN8 just got 2weeks back

You need to ash vbmeta and/or Magisk.

Check xda
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by WilliamChimaobi: 1:49pm On Aug 08, 2020
GrandMufti:

You need to ash vbmeta and/or Magisk.

Check xda
thanks bro
Magisk is used to gain root access
What is vbmeta for?
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 5:38pm On Aug 08, 2020
WilliamChimaobi:
thanks bro

What is vbmeta for?

Check your device telegram group @rn8discussions
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Immanueladebol(m): 6:00pm On Aug 08, 2020
GrandMufti:

Check your device telegram group @rn8discussions

Plz do you have the link for RN9?
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 6:07pm On Aug 08, 2020
Immanueladebol:

Plz do you have the link for RN9?

@RedmiNote9sOfficial
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Mustack: 8:56pm On Aug 08, 2020
Good evening famz, I have my new note 9s. Pls who can help me with nice luncher, theme, wallpaper, how to make battery last longer and I suggest gcam. Note I resigned to root phone long ago. Am a busy person as well but I need to utilize this device majestically
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 10:19pm On Aug 08, 2020
Mustack:
Good evening famz, I have my new note 9s. Pls who can help me with nice luncher, theme, wallpaper, how to make battery last longer and I suggest gcam. Note I resigned to root phone long ago. Am a busy person as well but I need to utilize this device majestically

Telegram @curtanaphotography
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Immanueladebol(m): 12:14am On Aug 09, 2020
GrandMufti:

@RedmiNote9sOfficial
Thanks
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by olayinkajnr(m): 6:05am On Aug 09, 2020
WilliamChimaobi:
thanks bro

What is vbmeta for?

If you are moving from MIUI to AOSP ROMS vbmeta is required for it to boot.

Luckily, Devs are starting to include vbmeta into the zip files of AOSP ROMS so there's no need.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by HowGlorious: 4:02pm On Aug 09, 2020
How to install TWRP and root Xiaomi Redmi Note 9s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHO2xilmsLI
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Nobody: 5:48pm On Aug 09, 2020
olayinkajnr:

If you are moving from MIUI to AOSP ROMS vbmeta is required for it to boot.

Luckily, Devs are starting to include vbmeta into the zip files of AOSP ROMS so there's no need.
Good evening sir

Please I applied for bootloader unlocking and I was asked to wait for 168hrs....tomorrow exactly 10: 58 am will make it 168hrs but am planning to add some extra hours before I try unlocking it again.... Hope there be no repercussions?
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by olayinkajnr(m): 6:09pm On Aug 09, 2020
Davidv12:
Good evening sir

Please I applied for bootloader unlocking and I was asked to wait for 168hrs....tomorrow exactly 10: 58 am will make it 168hrs but am planning to add some extra hours before I try unlocking it again.... Hope there be no repercussions?

Leave it till Wednesday before you try again. If you try tomorrow, I'm very sure that they'll add one more week.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Nobody: 6:11pm On Aug 09, 2020
olayinkajnr:

Leave it till Wednesday before you try again. If you try tomorrow, I'm very sure that they'll add one more week.
thanks alot
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by HowGlorious: 9:48am On Aug 10, 2020
modextus

Tweaking is not faint hearted. Just enjoy your device as it comes from the manufacturer

1 Like

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by modextus(m): 9:53am On Aug 10, 2020
HowGlorious:
modextus

Tweaking is not faint hearted. Just enjoy your device as it comes from the manufacturer
Lol. Thanks man
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by amzienoni: 11:06am On Aug 10, 2020
Please, can I use gcam with redmi 7a and how?
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by sweetveek(m): 12:39pm On Aug 10, 2020
Davidv12:
thanks alot
do u want to ruin ur reputation online bcux of 1k?? I've been patient enough and u r just acting as if nothing happened?
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by IZUKWU(m): 1:15pm On Aug 12, 2020
am using Xiaomi redmi note 8 that is just about 2 weeks old .my major challenge is that it drinks data.please who can direct me on how to reduce the data consumption.at least to only be using data on the apps I want at the moment.just today ,I have used about 500mb and almost 10gb for the month

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 1:59pm On Aug 12, 2020
IZUKWU:
am using Xiaomi redmi note 8 that is just about 2 weeks old .my major challenge is that it drinks data.please who can direct me on how to reduce the data consumption.at least to only be using data on the apps I want at the moment.just today ,I have used about 500mb and almost 10gb for the month

Disable automatic media download for all your social media apps.

Restrict apps that don't need internet access.

Also disable automatic syncing of gallery app to mi cloud or any other MIUI app to mi cloud. You can leave message app syncing. Sync contacts to google account

Screenshot your app data usage
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by WilliamChimaobi: 7:28pm On Aug 12, 2020
good evening bro

pls I tried installing the twrp today but am get an error

I downloaded the 15secs adb driver and I installed it.... I then enabled usb debugging and I booted my device to fastboot...I opened a command window inside the adb folder and I inputed d first command fast boot device's and my device ID came up...now I inputed d next which is fastboot flash recovery (name of my phone's recovery) but I keep getting file not found in directory error meanwhile I already copied the file to the adb folder .....I could have taken a pic of the error but I have only one phone...... please any help..... though I saw some tutorials where they say I can store the twrp file in another folder and open the command window there..... please i need answers....so that I can try it tomorrow when I get to work... thanks

cc olayinkajnr
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 7:35pm On Aug 12, 2020
WilliamChimaobi:
good evening bro

I downloaded the 15secs adb driver and I installed it.... I then enabled usb debugging and I booted my device to fastboot...I opened a command window inside the adb folder and I inputed d first command fast boot device's and my device ID came up...now I inputed d next which is fastboot flash recovery (name of my phone's recovery) but I keep getting file not found in directory error meanwhile I already copied the file to the adb folder .....I could have taken a pic of the error but I have only one phone...... please any help..... though I saw some tutorials where they say I can store the twrp file in another folder and open the command window there..... please i need answers....so that I can try it tomorrow when I get to work... thanks

cc olayink ajnr

Screenshot the file you downloaded
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by mathefaro(m): 7:52pm On Aug 12, 2020
WilliamChimaobi:
good evening bro

cc olayinkajnr
I believe the problem is with the extension name.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by busuyi44: 8:22pm On Aug 12, 2020

1 Like

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by olayinkajnr(m): 8:43pm On Aug 12, 2020
WilliamChimaobi:
good evening bro

cc olayinkajnr

Are you sure you copied the recovery.img or zip file?
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by WilliamChimaobi: 8:55pm On Aug 12, 2020
olayinkajnr:

Are you sure you copied the recovery.img or zip file?
I copied d zip file
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by WilliamChimaobi: 8:55pm On Aug 12, 2020
busuyi44:
https://www.nairaland.com/3092803/xiaomi-thread/6892#86889173

Try the method at 1:24pm

WilliamChimaobi
thanks
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by WilliamChimaobi: 9:03pm On Aug 12, 2020
GrandMufti:

Screenshot the file you downloaded
twrp-3.3.1.10-gingko 31mb

that was the name of the zip file

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) ... (266) (Reply)

Tecno N7 5" Android Phone / List Of WAP Sites You Know / Gionee M3mini Discussion Thread [HOT]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.