Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,876 members, 7,817,584 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:53 PM

### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### - Phones (38) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### (300074 Views)

Xiaomi Thread Deleted / Strange Behavior From China Phones Help / See How To Activate MTN 100% Double Data Bonus Without Tweaking IMEI (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (266) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by saint2ace(m): 8:22pm On Dec 12, 2018
DLifeless1:
the spec

Shop rom spotted, guy don't update ur phone oh. Just use it the way it is till you change your phone
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by babashiko(m): 8:39pm On Dec 12, 2018
Pls o any help as my rn6 pro is not showing 4g for glo again after updating it. Any help to fix this, though mtn 4g is still showing
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by saint2ace(m): 8:43pm On Dec 12, 2018
babashiko:
Pls o any help as my rn6 pro is not showing 4g for glo again after updating it. Any help to fix this, though mtn 4g is still showing

Does Redmi note 6 pro support Glo 4G? I don't think so
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by DLifeless1: 8:58pm On Dec 12, 2018
Psychodavidovic:

E be like say this phone na fake o. See status bar. lipsrsealed
have you seen a redmi 6 pro before?
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 9:13pm On Dec 12, 2018
Psychodavidovic:

Miui 10
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Psychodavidovic(m): 10:29pm On Dec 12, 2018
GrandMufti:

Miui 10

Probably not the beta and stable MIUI I've used.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Akoms24: 3:02am On Dec 13, 2018
mathefaro:
Nice one!
I suggest we post tutorials on how to go about basic mods on these first few pages so that we can always refer people when they come along for the same questions over and over again:
Basic mods like
#unlocking bootloader
#moving from China Rom to Global/Custom Roms
#Installing Custom recovery
#Installing Gcam
#Rooting
#Using third party fonts/themes.....

This will be fun and adventurous grin
Is there anyway all this can be done without rooting? I'm interested in installing the Gcam
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 6:21am On Dec 13, 2018
Psychodavidovic:

Probably not the beta and stable MIUI I've used.

That's official miui 10 rom
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by babashiko(m): 7:15am On Dec 13, 2018
saint2ace:

Does Redmi note 6 pro support Glo 4G? I don't think so
it did when I first bought it it was after updating
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 8:52am On Dec 13, 2018
babashiko:
it did when I first bought it it was after updating

It doesn't support band 28
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by saint2ace(m): 9:04am On Dec 13, 2018
GrandMufti:

Abeg help me tell am oh grin grin

1 Like

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Rooy57(m): 6:59pm On Dec 13, 2018
Hello pal,
Please help, my friend bought a Redmi Note 5a prime on jumia and since then, he has never enjoy the phone for a sec! It's always network issues. To make and received call na war, not to talk of browsing. He has use every sim(4G) on it. Then I told him, 'it's probably the phone is not meant to be use in Nigeria'
Please what can be done to it?
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by toniotonero(m): 7:32pm On Dec 13, 2018
GrandMufti:

On dir site it does
https://www.mi.com/global/redmi-note-6-pro/specs/
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 7:56pm On Dec 13, 2018
toniotonero:

On dir site it does
https://www.mi.com/global/redmi-note-6-pro/specs/

The ones on sale so far doesn't support.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 7:58pm On Dec 13, 2018
Rooy57:
Hello pal,
Please help, my friend bought a Redmi Note 5a prime on jumia and since then, he has never enjoy the phone for a sec! It's always network issues. To make and received call na war, not to talk of browsing. He has use every sim(4G) on it. Then I told him, 'it's probably the phone is not meant to be use in Nigeria'
Please what can be done to it?

Screenshot the about section of the phone
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Oyeleye101(m): 9:15pm On Dec 13, 2018
Psychodavidovic:

That's how note 6 status bar dey display
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by mathefaro(m): 9:50pm On Dec 13, 2018
Akoms24:

Is there anyway all this can be done without rooting? I'm interested in installing the Gcam
Yes, they can all be done without rooting. Follow the different links that have been posted on the thread carefully and you'll be fine
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by nwaobitex: 11:51am On Dec 14, 2018
Plz can I root and still be able to update via ota without any problem
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by nwaobitex: 11:53am On Dec 14, 2018
mathefaro:
Yes, they can all be done without rooting. Follow the different links that have been posted on the thread carefully and you'll be fine
I did not see link for the redmi note 5 own
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by mathefaro(m): 12:53pm On Dec 14, 2018
nwaobitex:
I did not see link for the redmi note 5 own
the procedures are all the same for basically all the Xiaomi devices
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by mathefaro(m): 12:53pm On Dec 14, 2018
nwaobitex:
Plz can I root and still be able to update via ota without any problem
Yes
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by DLifeless1: 6:56pm On Dec 14, 2018
Oyeleye101:
That's how note 6 status bar dey display
I was just chilling at that guys ignorance
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by busuyi44: 7:31pm On Dec 14, 2018
[quote author=nwaobitex post=73835875]Plz can I root and still be able to update via ota without any problem[/quote
]
I tried OTA update with MI MAX 2 but no luck even with Redwolf Recovery. I tried TWRP also no luck. I vexed and ported a custom rom eventually b4 selling the phone.
OTA is practically impossible. I have to download whole ROM every time and flash with twrp recovery or Redwolf Recovery
GrandMufti
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by DLifeless1: 7:50pm On Dec 14, 2018
see come its better I share this information about redmi 6 pro which is the one I have; if your redmi 6 pro is not with a chinese rom, you actually have a phone with an unofficial xiomi support and you will not be getting any official update. Thia is also a reply to those guys who said my phone has a shop rom and the one that even said that a 65k device on a jumia page is fake. I just feel some of us think they know everything about technology that changes in blinks of seconds and have relaxed with the obsolete knowledge they have.
You can help yourself with these pages to avoid you bricking your device permanently.

https://www.xda-developers.com/xiaomi-anti-rollback-protection-brick-phone/

https://www.xda-developers.com/flash-miui-global-locked-bootloader-xiaomi-brick/

I was able to finally install Google store and all my previous apps sweetly.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 8:00pm On Dec 14, 2018
DLifeless1:
see come its better I share this information about redmi 6 pro which is the one I have; if your redmi 6 pro is not with a chinese rom, you actually have a phone with an unofficial xiomi support and you will not be getting any official update. Thia is also a reply to those guys who said my phone has a shop rom and the one that even said that a 65k device on a jumia page is fake. I just feel some of us think they know everything about technology that changes in blinks of seconds and have relaxed with the obsolete knowledge they have.
You can help yourself with these pages to avoid you bricking your device permanently.

https://www.xda-developers.com/xiaomi-anti-rollback-protection-brick-phone/

Just to correct, shop rom will get OTA updates but it will eventually brick the phone.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by mathefaro(m): 9:34pm On Dec 14, 2018
[quote author=busuyi44 post=73847314][/quote] If you root with magisk, you'll be fine with OTA updates
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by DLifeless1: 9:41pm On Dec 14, 2018
GrandMufti:

Just to correct, shop rom will get OTA updates but it will eventually brick the phone.
ok
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by busuyi44: 11:33pm On Dec 14, 2018
mathefaro:
If you root with magisk, you'll be fine with OTA updates
Yes rooted with Magisk
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by busuyi44: 11:34pm On Dec 14, 2018
Methefaro
I also enabled incremental update under Redwolf Recovery advanced settings but no show

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by mathefaro(m): 4:27am On Dec 15, 2018
Then it's a mystery why it isn't working still
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Phynicz(m): 7:59am On Dec 15, 2018
Someone should just help me with a proper guide on installing gcam on miui 10. Is that too much to ask sad
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by nwaobitex: 9:28am On Dec 15, 2018
Plz whose using gcam on rdmi note 5. How stable is it?

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (266) (Reply)

Tecno N7 5" Android Phone / List Of WAP Sites You Know / Gionee M3mini Discussion Thread [HOT]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.