Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,953 members, 7,817,797 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:53 PM

### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### - Phones (42) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### (300116 Views)

Xiaomi Thread Deleted / Strange Behavior From China Phones Help / See How To Activate MTN 100% Double Data Bonus Without Tweaking IMEI (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (266) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 3:20pm On Dec 25, 2018
Ifedith:

Seriously... undecided... So una no see wey i dey scream say na Chinese rom... But because of TA, it concluded to be shop rom...
The fact be be say TA doesn't mean anything as it is ryt now. cool

Shebi you don ask me about shop rom few days ago? Check my responses
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 3:28pm On Dec 25, 2018
saintkenny:

Kindly talk me through the process or refer me to a post on such directive.
Meanwhile I'm on stable Global ROM and have never unlocked bootloader
Thank you Sir

Download the rom

http://bigota.d.miui.com/V10.1.1.0.NCFMIFI/miui_HMNote4XGlobal_V10.1.1.0.NCFMIFI_707a693088_7.0.zip

Use this to update

https://www.nairaland.com/post/61225422
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 3:29pm On Dec 25, 2018
HowGlorious:

Which Whyred custom rom?

McAosp
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Ifedith(m): 4:41pm On Dec 25, 2018
saint2ace:

We don hear Na, stop rubbing it in..... embarassed tongue embarassed
Lol... I don hear... But this victory sweet sha... grin
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by saint2ace(m): 5:01pm On Dec 25, 2018
Ifedith:

Lol... I don hear... But this victory sweet sha... grin

Taar, goan Sidon jor grin
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 7:06pm On Dec 25, 2018
mekstaniac:
I rooted my Xiaomi Mi Max 2 and installed ifonts. It works but whenever the phone goes off and comes back on, the default font is reinstalled. What could be the reason?

Probably ifonts doesn't have root privileges.

Why not use twrp to flash any font from the below link
https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/themes/fonts-flashable-zips-t3219827
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by HowGlorious: 9:28am On Dec 26, 2018
GrandMufti:

McAosp
Hope Etisalat 1Gb data of N200 x929x10# should be enough to download the ROM. Is it less than 1Gb in size?
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 9:33am On Dec 26, 2018
HowGlorious:

Hope Etisalat 1Gb data of N200 x929x10# should be enough to download the ROM. Is it less than 1Gb in size?

About 700mb.

But you should explore your current rom well. The features you are looking for are probably hidden somewhere
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Gido: 12:12pm On Dec 26, 2018
Thank you so much Oga Mufti, i have successfully flashed the rom on my device.
GrandMufti:

Unlock bootloader. Search Google for steps.
Then flash this fastboot rom http://bigota.d.miui.com/V9.2.3.0.MXEMIEK/virgo_global_images_V9.2.3.0.MXEMIEK_20180103.0000.00_6.0_global_ad722b0d54.tgz

Search Google for steps .

You will lose your data, so backup before proceeding
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 1:36pm On Dec 26, 2018
Gido:
Thank you so much Oga Mufti, i have successfully flashed the rom on my device.

Nice
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by dayboh2: 3:29pm On Dec 26, 2018
Hello. is there any phone engineer in this forum that can help me to fix my redmi note5 broken touch pad screen
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 7:04pm On Dec 26, 2018
dayboh2:
Hello. is there any phone engineer in this forum that can help me to fix my redmi note5 broken touch pad screen

Have you gotten the replacement part?
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by dayboh2: 10:27pm On Dec 26, 2018
GrandMufti:

Have you gotten the replacement part?
No.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by honsule(m): 4:20am On Dec 27, 2018
GrandMufti:

Difficult to say..
McAosp
Siberia
Liquid Remix

Has anybody tried Liquid Remix here? Am thinking of changing my Rom.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 7:04am On Dec 27, 2018
dayboh2:

No.

Contact any of the resellers
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 7:05am On Dec 27, 2018
honsule:

No. But I heard it's good too
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by busuyi44: 8:00am On Dec 27, 2018
honsule:

Which phone? GrandMufti 's lists are for RN5 Whyred

1 Like

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Prince202020(m): 1:14pm On Dec 27, 2018
Good day Xiaomites, What is the benefits of flashing Recovery file in my RN 5 (Model MEE7S)and please how I go about flashing the recovery file, thanks.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 1:16pm On Dec 27, 2018
Prince202020:
Good day Xiaomites, What is the benefits of flashing Recovery file in my RN 5 and please how I go about flashing the recovery file, thanks.

Recovery rom?

To solve few bugs

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Prince202020(m): 1:31pm On Dec 27, 2018
GrandMufti:

Recovery rom?
To solve few bugs
I mean TWRP Recovery or and other Recovery
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by saintkenny(m): 1:34pm On Dec 27, 2018
Hi Fam,
Since I updated to MIUI 10, I've been having an intolerable battery drain and theme incompatibility issues. I've been advised to re-flash my ROM. I need guidance on how to do it or referral to any previous post on such.
Kindly note that my both bootloader isn't unlocked yet.
Thanks in advance.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by adamix(m): 2:35pm On Dec 27, 2018
HowGlorious:

Which Whyred custom rom?
los 16 has it too
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by mathefaro(m): 2:37pm On Dec 27, 2018
Prince202020:

Having a custom recovery like TWRP, RedWolf and OrangeFox gives you assurance that you can almost always get out of any software related problem that arises especially when you have a backup and some other roms stored somewhere.
You have the liberty to flash anything flashable ranging from custom roms, kernels, audio and camera patches, even fonts to root files..
As you can see from the attached screenshot, I've got 2 custom Roms readily available on the phone incase any problem arise or I feel like switching between Roms
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 2:37pm On Dec 27, 2018
Prince202020:

Oh..

It's best you read them up.

@whyredofficial
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 2:41pm On Dec 27, 2018
adamix:

los 16 has it too

Does it have the option of turning off the cross sign when mobile data is off?

I dey itch to test another rom
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by adamix(m): 2:46pm On Dec 27, 2018
GrandMufti:

Does it have the option of turning off the cross sign when mobile data is off?

I dey itch to test another rom
no its los na....best pie rom on rn5 for me, the one by kapil tho
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 2:49pm On Dec 27, 2018
adamix:

no its los na....best pie rom on rn5 for me, the one by kapil tho

Hehehe. Thanks
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Moyissh: 11:23pm On Dec 27, 2018
I need help... My battery doesn't last 1hr

Redmi note 4x...
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by samalex09413: 8:39am On Dec 28, 2018
MobileGees:

I tried to unlock bootloader but all I see is Chinese language

Now you don't need to get unlocking permissions from Xiaomi Website. Just Download Mi unlock tool from below link and Unlock your device bootloader. It was easy for me
https://cyber4geeks.com/mi-unlock-tool-latest-version-download/

2 Likes

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Meklex(m): 8:45am On Dec 28, 2018
samalex09413:

Now you don't need to get unlocking permissions from Xiaomi Website. Just Download Mi unlock tool from below link and Unlock your device bootloader. It was easy for me
https://cyber4geeks.com/mi-unlock-tool-latest-version-download/
you still need to wait for the bootloader countdown
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by gidieberry(m): 9:50am On Dec 28, 2018
Is there any vince user running pie rom.. Are u experiencing lag while playing games?

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (266) (Reply)

Tecno N7 5" Android Phone / List Of WAP Sites You Know / Gionee M3mini Discussion Thread [HOT]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.