Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,324 members, 7,829,811 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:05 PM

### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### - Phones (44) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### (303050 Views)

Xiaomi Thread Deleted / Strange Behavior From China Phones Help / See How To Activate MTN 100% Double Data Bonus Without Tweaking IMEI (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (266) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by leppyj(m): 8:34pm On Dec 31, 2018
GrandMufti:

Reflash the rom or factory reset or unlock bootloader and clean flash

My oga í have factory reset still no show, about rom reflashing and unlock bootloader and clean flash, I have no idea how to go about them.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 8:50pm On Dec 31, 2018
leppyj:

My oga í have factory reset still no show, about rom reflashing and unlock bootloader and clean flash, I have no idea how to go about them.

Start with unlocking bootloader. You can Google the steps.

What's your location?
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by leppyj(m): 9:24pm On Dec 31, 2018
GrandMufti:

Start with unlocking bootloader. You can Google the steps.

What's your location?

Abeokuta Ogun State
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by seaboyzen: 6:17am On Jan 02, 2019
wink 6 days to unlocked my bootloader
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Meklex(m): 8:31am On Jan 02, 2019
seaboyzen:
wink 6 days to unlocked my bootloader
lol. Same here. Which rom do you want to flash?
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Akoms24: 2:10pm On Jan 02, 2019
I just installed Google camera on my RN5 without rooting. The only thing is the focus in portrait mode isn't really good. The slow motion isn't working. The front camera on the Gcam isn't working. But every other thing is good and better than the normal Xiaomi camera especially pictures with low light or landscape.
please while knows how to fix the problems I stated
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 3:17pm On Jan 02, 2019
Akoms24:
I just installed Google camera on my RN5 without rooting. The only thing is the focus in portrait mode isn't really good. The slow motion isn't working. The front camera on the Gcam isn't working. But every other thing is good and better than the normal Xiaomi camera especially pictures with low light or landscape.

Which gcam did you install?
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Uziyl(m): 4:40pm On Jan 02, 2019
Akoms24:
Watch this n try it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bofp3V8tguc
Worked for me on my RN6pro . all functions both slow motion n portrait were perfect. It requires no rooting but you need a computer for this n your bootloader must be unlocked
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by seaboyzen: 6:46pm On Jan 02, 2019
Meklex:
lol. Same here. Which rom do you want to flash?
miui pro or EU rom
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 7:22pm On Jan 02, 2019
Uziyl:

Watch this n try it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bofp3V8tguc
Worked for me on my RN6pro . all functions both slow motion n portrait were perfect. It requires no rooting but you need a computer for this n your bootloader must be unlocked

Note 6 has just one variant.

Note 5 has two.

The Indian variant works flawlessly. The note 5 ai has a few issues with front cam
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 7:23pm On Jan 02, 2019
seaboyzen:
miui pro or EU rom

Have you read about arb?
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Meklex(m): 7:31pm On Jan 02, 2019
seaboyzen:
miui pro or EU rom
how stable is the MIUIPRO? and do you have links where I can read more about it and download it?
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Meklex(m): 7:31pm On Jan 02, 2019
GrandMufti:

Have you read about arb?
what about it?
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 7:33pm On Jan 02, 2019
Meklex:
what about it?

You should be here too https:///whyredofficial
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 7:40pm On Jan 02, 2019
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Meklex(m): 7:42pm On Jan 02, 2019
GrandMufti:
@Meklex

http://en.miui.com/thread-3156438-1-1.html
are you saying it's not advisable to flash MiuiPro? It says in the link that you can't downgrade.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 7:47pm On Jan 02, 2019
Meklex:
are you saying it's not advisable to flash MiuiPro? It says in the link that you can't downgrade.

Settle down and read it well. Also Google if miuipro has versions with arb.

You should know the various options available to you before you decide to flash.

If you are still not convinced, then don't flash a rom with any trace of miui.

Join the telegram group. wink
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Meklex(m): 8:00pm On Jan 02, 2019
GrandMufti:

Settle down and read it well. Also Google if miuipro has versions with arb.

You should know the various options available to you before you decide to flash.

If you are still not convinced, then don't flash a rom with any trace of miui.

Join the telegram group. wink
me is confused. All I want is to change my current rom. It has lots of bugs. I just want the best stable custom rom with no issues.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 8:19pm On Jan 02, 2019
Meklex:
me is confused. All I want is to change my current rom. It has lots of bugs. I just want the best stable custom rom with no issues.

None is 100% perfect.

Just join the telegram group and keep reading there. No need to rush
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Meklex(m): 8:33pm On Jan 02, 2019
GrandMufti:

None is 100% perfect.

Just join the telegram group and keep reading there. No need to rush
but in your opinion which is the best let me start with the rom. I don't intend to flash roms too often.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 8:44pm On Jan 02, 2019
Meklex:
but in your opinion which is the best let me start with the rom. I don't intend to flash roms too often.

Dem plenty.

Start with (in any order)

havoc os

Syberia

Liquid Remix

Lineage unofficial by Kapil.

These are non miui

1 Like

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Meklex(m): 9:41pm On Jan 02, 2019
GrandMufti:

Dem plenty.

havoc os

Syberia

Liquid Remix

These are non miui
thanks I will research them one by one.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by akinis09: 9:53pm On Jan 02, 2019
Meklex:
what about it?
here u can find official miui ROM without arb flash able tru custom recovery( note bootloader must be unlock)
https://forum.xda-developers.com/redmi-note-5-pro/how-to/index-redmi-note-5-pro-miui-roms-t3816343

1 Like

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by seaboyzen: 12:08am On Jan 03, 2019
GrandMufti:

Have you read about arb?
yes but.
I need miui base custom rom with much customize and good battery backup.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Meklex(m): 10:45am On Jan 03, 2019
GrandMufti:

Dem plenty.

havoc os

Syberia

Liquid Remix

These are non miui
I decided to go with Havoc os.

I am reading through the Twrp flashing process and I want to ask if I should flash lazy flasher? My device is redmi note 5
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 10:59am On Jan 03, 2019
Meklex:

I am reading through the Twrp flashing process and I want to ask if I should flash lazy flasher? My device is redmi note 5

grin grin

Yes. I think it'll be a good thing if you know what lazy flasher does. Also read about. Or use the link below

https:///whyredofficial/95669

Also u need to format because miui is encrypted.
After that you can flash non encrypted roms without formatting data.

Read up about formating/decryting whyred
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by akinis09: 11:01am On Jan 03, 2019
Meklex:

yes u most flash the lazy flasher for twrp to stick, afterwards u can flash any custom recovery of ur choice (redwolf or orange etc). I will suggest u try syberia fan edition ROM its stable and battery friendly
https:///syberia_whyred
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Nobody: 11:08am On Jan 03, 2019
Hello the big goons in the house. I'm on the process of rooting my xiaomi redmi note 5 Pro ai following guide on YouTube . I have downloaded all the files and moved twrp to minimal adb fast boot location. I am now suppose to flash the twrp using command prompt or power shell. But if I right click on the minimal adb fast boot folder, I cannot find power shell or command prompt. However, there is file on the minimal adb fast boot folder named py_cmd, it open a command prompt if I click it, is that normal please?
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 11:13am On Jan 03, 2019
papiforreal:
Hello the big goons in the house. I'm on the process of rooting my xiaomi redmi note 5 Pro ai following guide on YouTube . I have downloaded all the files and moved twrp to minimal adb fast boot location. I am now suppose to flash the twrp using command prompt or power shell. But if I right click on the minimal adb fast boot folder, I cannot find power shell or command prompt. However, there is file on the minimal adb fast boot folder named py_cmd, it open a command prompt if I click it, is that normal please?

Try it na.. Or Google how to locate the cmd prompt on your Windows version
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Nobody: 11:23am On Jan 03, 2019
GrandMufti:

Try it na.. Or Google how to locate the cmd prompt on your Windows version
]
I know how to locate the cmd. But the tutorial I am following on YouTube he did it right from the minimal adb installation folder.
There is also another way, if I install minimal adb fast boot again, it takes me right to the cmd.
I will try it again and I hope its safe
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Meklex(m): 11:35am On Jan 03, 2019
GrandMufti:

grin grin

Yes. I think it'll be a good thing if you know what lazy flasher does. Also read about. Or use the link below

https:///whyredofficial/95669

Also u need to format because miui is encrypted.
After that you can flash non encrypted roms without formatting data.

Read up about formating/decryting whyred
this thing no be small thing o. I am hearing say I need to install kernel too. Hope that one no be major something?
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Meklex(m): 11:37am On Jan 03, 2019
papiforreal:
did you press shift?

To Open Command Window, Right click on the empty Space while holding the Shift key. From the menu, Choose “Open PowerShell Window here” or “Open Command Window here” in some cases.

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (266) (Reply)

Tecno N7 5" Android Phone / List Of WAP Sites You Know / Gionee M3mini Discussion Thread [HOT]

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.