Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,284 members, 7,954,120 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:40 PM

### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### - Phones (53) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### (318628 Views)

Xiaomi Thread Deleted / Strange Behavior From China Phones Help / See How To Activate MTN 100% Double Data Bonus Without Tweaking IMEI (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (266) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by mathefaro(m): 7:56am On Jan 13, 2019
Reddington:

Phone arrived with unlocked bootloader.
Download the appropriate recovery for your device preferably orangefox or pitchblack then use the link below as guide to flash it.

https://www.getdroidtips.com/flash-twrp-recovery-android/
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Nobody: 9:53am On Jan 13, 2019
I have rooted my device but unable to install some apps that that require root access like busybox and greenify. What could be the reason please?

Grandmufti
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 10:58am On Jan 13, 2019
papiforreal:
I have rooted my device but unable to install some apps that that require root access like busybox and greenify. What could be the reason please?

Grandmufti

What is the exact error message?

Settings > security and location > Google play protect
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Psychodavidovic(m): 11:46am On Jan 13, 2019
Not updating yet.

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jan 13, 2019
GrandMufti:

What is the exact error message?

Settings > security and location > Google play protect
All good

1 Like

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Brigosa: 2:02pm On Jan 13, 2019
good afternoon,pls really need assistance had been using gcam on my redmi5 on miui9 but eversince I updated to miui10 no matter what I do gcam has refused to work... anyone on gcam with miui10 should pls help out
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Psychodavidovic(m): 2:31pm On Jan 13, 2019
Updated.

Phone feels a lot more snappier and faster now, guess it's because of the removed genom kernel. They said they've also fixed the batter issue but it's too early to tell.

Clock Icon is stuck at the left side now and there is no way to change that. Also, the Google search can't be removed from the home screen.

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 3:57pm On Jan 13, 2019
Psychodavidovic:
Updated.

Phone feels a lot more snappier and faster now, guess it's because of the removed genom kernel. They said they've also fixed the batter issue but it's too early to tell.

Clock Icon is stuck at the left side now and there is no way to change that. Also, the Google search can't be removed from the home screen.

You can use nova launcher if you really need to remove the search bar
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Mfunkynation(m): 5:20pm On Jan 13, 2019
GrandMufti:

how do i make gcam saves the pic i snap via it directly in my memory card
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 5:36pm On Jan 13, 2019
Mfunkynation:

how do i make gcam saves the pic i snap via it directly in my memory card

I really haven't tried. Maybe give it permission to access SD card
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Psychodavidovic(m): 6:02pm On Jan 13, 2019
GrandMufti:

As soon as i saw this post i thought maybe the launcher was the cause so i found a way to get to the launcher settings (Long Press on home screen and click on settings), from here i was able to remove the search bar. Thanks anyway.

I usually just drag and delete but i guess that has changed.

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 6:06pm On Jan 13, 2019
Psychodavidovic:

As soon as i saw this post i thought maybe the launcher was the cause so i found a way to get to the launcher settings (Long Press on home screen and click on settings), from here i was able to remove the search bar. Thanks anyway.

Ok
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Eeechenmeelee1: 7:24pm On Jan 13, 2019
Psychodavidovic:

Your pic, which SIM are you using for data connection? I'm asking cuz the x in signal strength icon for inactive data connection isn't showing
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by xxamani(m): 8:53pm On Jan 13, 2019
where can I get poco phone f1 in lag, ajah to be precise. thanks
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 7:40am On Jan 14, 2019
xxamani:
where can I get poco phone f1 in lag, ajah to be precise.
thanks

https://www.nairaland.com/3880817/xiaomi-thread-store/11#74742028
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Psychodavidovic(m): 8:07am On Jan 14, 2019
Eeechenmeelee1:

Your pic, which SIM are you using for data connection? I'm asking cuz the x in signal strength icon for inactive data connection isn't showing

Was using 9mobile at the time.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by kvngjesse(m): 1:35pm On Jan 14, 2019
Aex 6.2 Loaded cool

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by nani667: 8:30am On Jan 15, 2019
cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Reddington(m): 8:59am On Jan 15, 2019
Psychodavidovic:
Updated.

Pls bro what model is ya xiaomi? Redmi note 5 ai?
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Psychodavidovic(m): 9:12am On Jan 15, 2019
Reddington:

Pls bro what model is ya xiaomi? Redmi note 5 ai?

Redmi 5 Plus.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Psychodavidovic(m): 9:13am On Jan 15, 2019
nani667:
cool

Which Launcher you dey use ?

I want to use Icons but i don't want to install a new Launcher. lipsrsealed
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 9:22am On Jan 15, 2019
Psychodavidovic:

Which Launcher you dey use ?

I want to use Icons but i don't want to install a new Launcher. lipsrsealed

Na to download icon pack or use substratum. Check magisk or xda
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Psychodavidovic(m): 9:35am On Jan 15, 2019
GrandMufti:

Na to download icon pack or use substratum. Check magisk or xda

Thanks, I'll check.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Reddington(m): 6:07pm On Jan 15, 2019
smiley
Psychodavidovic:

Redmi 5 Plus.
Thanks for your response bro.
Any known bugs? Because from my experience when I was using Samsung s4 (gt19500), changing roms virtually every month, I realised that every custom rom has bugs especially AOSP-based roms. Most developers even go as far as stating the bugs on their XDA pages. So pls those on AEX and Pie Experience etc, what bugs have you noticed? This thread is about Xiaomi tweaking, hence reviewing Xiaomi roms will be nice and greatly appreciated. smiley
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Psychodavidovic(m): 6:33pm On Jan 15, 2019
Reddington:
smiley
Thanks for your response bro.
Any known bugs? Because from my experience when I was using Samsung s4 (gt19500), changing roms virtually every month, I realised that every custom rom has bugs especially AOSP-based roms. Most developers even go as far as stating the bugs on their XDA pages. So pls those on AEX and Pie Experience etc, what bugs have you noticed? This thread is about Xiaomi tweaking, hence reviewing Xiaomi roms will be nice and greatly appreciated. smiley

You're right, changing ROMs every now and then comes with it's fair share of bugs experience as new features are being added constantly (and in some cases, some features are removed). However, if you're not a fan using the latest features you can simply stick with the last Oreo Build of each ROM, i would say that's the "stable" one.

AEX's last Oreo Build was what I've been using sincen mid last year and i had no issue. The only reason i jumped to Pie was simply because it's Pie. grin

Might review some other ROM sha. Have my eyes on Pixel Experience and if Samsung Experience makes it way to Redmi 5 Plus then I'll also try that.

1 Like

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Psychodavidovic(m): 6:34pm On Jan 15, 2019
Lineage has very good RAM management, better than AEX but i just had to Extend My device. grin

1 Like

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 7:40pm On Jan 15, 2019
Psychodavidovic:
Lineage has very good RAM management, better than AEX but i just had to Extend My device. grin

Yes...

1 Like

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by gidieberry(m): 7:46pm On Jan 15, 2019
Redmi note 5 users.. Which one beta pass masik X 1.7 or d latest revolution OS miui
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by gidieberry(m): 7:46pm On Jan 15, 2019
GrandMufti:

Yes...
wic rom u dey use on ya whyred
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 8:00pm On Jan 15, 2019
gidieberry:
wic rom u dey use on ya whyred

AOSIP for now

I dey test all of them grin

But best so far for me na LOS 16 mod, Crdroid, Syberia fan edition.

If you want customization then havoc mod, AOSIP

I go try pixel experience and bootleggers next
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 8:03pm On Jan 15, 2019
gidieberry:
Redmi note 5 users.. Which one beta pass masik X 1.7 or d latest revolution OS miui

I never try any of them o. Best way na to try am yourself.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by mathefaro(m): 8:04pm On Jan 15, 2019
gidieberry:
My experience with masik has been great so far. Good battery backup and smooth performance with correct sound engine. My only issue is just the absence of regular updates. The developer has promised to give us something soon sha. I have also heard of good things about revOs as well but some in their telegram page have complained about battery, their new update may correct that anyway

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (266) (Reply)

Free Kjv Bible Download On Phone / Gionee M3mini Discussion Thread [HOT] / Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.