Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,083 members, 7,821,736 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:26 PM

### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### - Phones (73) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### (301430 Views)

Xiaomi Thread Deleted / Strange Behavior From China Phones Help / See How To Activate MTN 100% Double Data Bonus Without Tweaking IMEI (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) ... (266) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by stred: 11:46am On Mar 02, 2019
GrandMufti:
wink

Mild usage
what phone?
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by PAQ(m): 11:58am On Mar 02, 2019
Hi guys, i have just jumped into the Xiaomi band wagon. I now own Mi Max2 (akin to a small flat screen smart TV). I am on global MIUI, but i see u guys saying eu rom is cleaner better battery wise, how do i know if i have the EU rom and how can i get it. I have also requested to unlock the bootloader which i heard takes 72hours, after that what is the best way to root and install twrp.

I have rooted and modded every android i have own, even when Nokia was on Symbian os, but this seems to be different; i havevto wait 72hrs. All my HTC's didnt take 30minutes to unlock, root and install Resurrection Remix!!
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by kvngjesse(m): 12:09pm On Mar 02, 2019
PAQ:
Hi guys, i have just jumped into the Xiaomi band wagon. I now own Mi Max2 (akin to a small flat screen smart TV). I am on global MIUI, but i see u guys saying eu rom is cleaner better battery wise, how do i know if i have the EU rom and how can i get it. I have also requested to unlock the bootloader which i heard takes 72hours, after that what is the best way to root and install twrp.

I have rooted and modded every android i have own, even when Nokia was on Symbian os, but this seems to be different; i havevto wait 72hrs. All my HTC's didnt take 30minutes to unlock, root and install Resurrection Remix!!
Just chill out, you're lucky. Others have to wait some months to unlock same booty

1 Like

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 12:24pm On Mar 02, 2019
PAQ:

You heard it takes 72 hours or you attempted to unlock and it told you to wait 72hrs?
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 12:24pm On Mar 02, 2019
stred:
what phone?
Rn5 ai
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 12:25pm On Mar 02, 2019
Jayboltz:

so this means the phone must b rooted to use this feature?
pardon my ignorance pls I'm not a tech geek

It's not a feature. It's a zip file that must be flashed to make some gcams work
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Jayboltz(m): 1:17pm On Mar 02, 2019
GrandMufti:

It's not a feature. It's a zip file that must be flashed to make some gcams work
so any link on how to go abt it pls
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by ainathegreat(m): 3:45pm On Mar 02, 2019
Psychodavidovic:
Me when i first jumped on AEX. grin

The way I felt last month grin

1 Like

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by PAQ(m): 4:10pm On Mar 02, 2019
GrandMufti:

You heard it takes 72 hours or you attempted to unlock and it told you to wait 72hrs?

I have opted for the unlock code through developer options and i have done some research prior to that before i brick my phone. Everywhere its said 72hrs else it will not unlock!
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 5:48pm On Mar 02, 2019
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by sanandreas(m): 8:43am On Mar 03, 2019
GrandMufti:

https://androidfilebox.com/tips/root-redmi-note-5/

Oga Grand. I have downloaded some Gcam online some worked and others didn't. Can Gcam be flashed just like viper4andriod. Most of the Gcam I downloaded, I installed directly. The video and slow motion forecloses. Some just show blank screen.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Akinbolaji94(m): 9:16am On Mar 03, 2019
Plus how do I root itel p32. Kingroot isn't working even on pc. It says device not adaptive.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Darkseid(m): 11:51am On Mar 03, 2019
Happy Sunday people. I finally installed AEX ROM on my 5 plus and so far I'm enjoying it, but I have two complaints.
1. The navigation bar is still Oreo style, any way to get the new pie nav bar?
2. There is no option to change color temperature. I'm used to the "cool" option in miui, and without it, the display looks kinda washed out and whites look yellowish. This is a big deal breaker for me and without finding a fix, I'll just have to go back to miui.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Reddington(m): 12:46pm On Mar 03, 2019
Darkseid:
Happy Sunday people. I finally installed AEX ROM on my 5 plus and so far I'm enjoying it, but I have two complaints.
2. There is no option to change color temperature. I'm used to the "cool" option in miui, and without it, the display looks kinda washed out and whites look yellowish. This is a big deal breaker for me and without finding a fix, I'll just have to go back to miui.

Unfortunately there is no "fix". MIUI is different from AOSP in any possible way you can imagine. You CAN'T have everything in one rom, which is why there is no such thing as "the best custom rom". Individual preference has been the key-decider. It's either you sacrifice the colour temperature feature on MIUI and stick to AEX or you jejely port back to MIUI... Choice is yours grin
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Darkseid(m): 12:55pm On Mar 03, 2019
Reddington:

Unfortunately there is no "fix". MIUI is different from AOSP in any possible way you can imagine. You CAN'T have everything in one rom, which is why there is no such thing as "the best custom rom". Individual preference has been the key-decider. It's either you sacrifice the colour temperature feature on MIUI and stick to AEX or you jejely port back to MIUI... Choice is yours grin
Nna eh, how white a screen looks is the most important thing I look out for in a phone and it's the probably the reason I don't use AMOLED phones. Are you also using aex rom
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by MrGokay(m): 1:00pm On Mar 03, 2019
sanandreas:

Oga Grand. I have downloaded some Gcam online some worked and others didn't. Can Gcam be flashed just like viper4andriod. Most of the Gcam I downloaded, I installed directly. The video and slow motion forecloses. Some just show blank screen.

Have you flashed cam2api?
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by sanandreas(m): 1:56pm On Mar 03, 2019
MrGokay:

Have you flashed cam2api?

I enabled it. I downloaded buildprop. I am on nougat 7.1.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by kingxsamz(m): 2:07pm On Mar 03, 2019
Hey guys. Please my phone developed a problem where it gets stuck at the loading screen. That is, whenever I switch it on, it doesn't go to the home screen, it just stays stuck on the loading screen. So the phone repairer suggested that I flash the phone. Now the problem is that I have very important files on the phone and can't afford to lose them. So please is there anyway I can access, transfer or retrieve my files from the phone while it's still on the loading screen?
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 2:20pm On Mar 03, 2019
kingxsamz:
Hey guys. Please my phone developed a problem where it gets stuck at the loading screen. That is, whenever I switch it on, it doesn't go to the home screen, it just stays stuck on the loading screen. So the phone repairer suggested that I flash the phone. Now the problem is that I have very important files on the phone and can't afford to lose them. So please is there anyway I can access, transfer or retrieve my files from the phone while it's still on the loading screen?

The phone no get name?
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 2:21pm On Mar 03, 2019
Darkseid:

Before flashing any rom, read the changelog to know the features it has.
Port to another rom if AEX doesn't satisfy you
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 2:27pm On Mar 03, 2019
sanandreas:

Most gcam I know are zip files. Flash camera2api zip and keep trying different mods till you get the right one.

Alternatively, check Vince telegram group
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by sanandreas(m): 3:08pm On Mar 03, 2019
GrandMufti:

Most gcam I know are zip files. Flash camera2api zip and keep trying different mods till you get the right one.

Alternatively, check Vince telegram group

The ones I downloaded are APK.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 3:36pm On Mar 03, 2019
sanandreas:

The ones I downloaded are APK.

Search Vince telegram group
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Reddington(m): 4:40pm On Mar 03, 2019
Darkseid:
Nna eh, how white a screen looks is the most important thing I look out for in a phone and it's the probably the reason I don't use AMOLED phones. Are you also using aex rom
Nope. Xiaomi.eu.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Opistorincos(m): 4:45pm On Mar 03, 2019
Darkseid:

There's a fix, if you're on pie, download advanced control. From there, change the kcal option to anyone that you like
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Lh19(m): 5:00pm On Mar 03, 2019
Abeg who knows how many days it takes to transport a phone from Lagos to Kaduna through GIGL
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Darkseid(m): 6:49pm On Mar 03, 2019
Opistorincos:

There's a fix, if you're on pie, download advanced control. From there, change the kcal option to anyone that you like
I'll check it out, thanks.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Darkseid(m): 7:39pm On Mar 03, 2019
Finally found an app that worked for me. If you want to calibrate your screen colour on custom ROMs, you might want to give it a trial.

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by busuyi44: 7:44pm On Mar 03, 2019
Darkseid:
Finally found an app that worked for me. If you want to calibrate your screen colour on custom ROMs, you might want to give it a trial.
How does it work?
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Darkseid(m): 7:53pm On Mar 03, 2019
busuyi44:

How does it work?
You just have to open the app and then set the rgb values to what you want.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by vickfrankjnr: 10:27pm On Mar 03, 2019
Having issues with my Redmi Note 2 prime. It hardly stays on after seconds of booting and goes off. It can only stay on when plugged onto power and battery percentage is above 98%. I have an extra battery, yet same problem. Please any help suggestion will be appreciated

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) ... (266) (Reply)

Tecno N7 5" Android Phone / List Of WAP Sites You Know / Gionee M3mini Discussion Thread [HOT]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.