Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,056 members, 7,818,164 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:18 AM

### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### - Phones (71) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### (300307 Views)

Xiaomi Thread Deleted / Strange Behavior From China Phones Help / See How To Activate MTN 100% Double Data Bonus Without Tweaking IMEI (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) ... (266) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by officialteemi(m): 9:03pm On Feb 28, 2019
help on installing gcam..redmi5plus
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by MrGokay(m): 9:05pm On Feb 28, 2019
reaky:

LOL �
Welcome back

Thanks baba
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Reddington(m): 9:41pm On Feb 28, 2019
Psychodavidovic:
SOT on AEX ..
Not bad. Although we mustn't forget that on Xiaomi.eu rom, the standard SOT is 16hrs (after full charge) which is fantastic to say the very least. kiss
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by plucky16(m): 9:54pm On Feb 28, 2019
Reddington:

Not bad. Although we mustn't forget that in Xiaomi.eu rom, the standard SOT is 16hrs (after full charge) which is fantastic to say the very least. kiss

shocked
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by dammyhy(m): 10:14pm On Feb 28, 2019
Any link to custom rom for redmi note 6pro and guide?
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by MrGokay(m): 10:41pm On Feb 28, 2019
Reddington:

Not bad. Although we mustn't forget that in Xiaomi.eu rom, the standard SOT is 16hrs (after full charge) which is fantastic to say the very least. kiss

Link boss! Na Vince i dey oo
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Reddington(m): 11:04pm On Feb 28, 2019
MrGokay:

Link boss! Na Vince i dey oo
It's MIUI-based o
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Reddington(m): 11:09pm On Feb 28, 2019
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Reddington(m): 11:36pm On Feb 28, 2019
Whyred EU rom is bea..

NOTE: Before you start to wonder what happened to my navigation buttons, I disabled them as I found them old-fashioned and a little inconvenient...I completely rely on screen gestures..
Google already announced navi buttons will be phased out on Android Q.. So kiss

1 Like

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Opeyemi1992(m): 1:07am On Mar 01, 2019
Hi

DM me for withdrawing money from PayPal to your Nigerian or other African bank accounts.

Rate = 320 per dollar
Legit no scam a serious mind only please

Whatsapp or call @ +234(0)7031128056. WhatsApp only @ +234(0)7052606338. Email:-tonykayus101@gmail.com or k.ytony@ymail.com
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by sammylee002(m): 1:54am On Mar 01, 2019
Happy new month guys...... Plz I really need help here... Just got a fairly use redmi 5plus fone. BUT d sim network is not stable...... ITS a china version.... Really need a solve.. Thanks
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by plucky16(m): 3:56am On Mar 01, 2019
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by MrGokay(m): 5:40am On Mar 01, 2019
Reddington:

It's MIUI-based o

I like miui. Thanks
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by MrGokay(m): 5:41am On Mar 01, 2019
sammylee002:
Happy new month guys...... Plz I really need help here... Just got a fairly use redmi 5plus fone. BUT d sim network is not stable...... ITS a china version.... Really need a solve.. Thanks

Do a factory reset
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 6:04am On Mar 01, 2019
Reddington:

No such thing as standard SOT
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by plucky16(m): 6:31am On Mar 01, 2019
GrandMufti:

Hype game wink
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Reddington(m): 7:27am On Mar 01, 2019
plucky16:

Do i flash it the same way ive been flashing others (aex, rr etc)?
You've to decrypt first.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Reddington(m): 7:31am On Mar 01, 2019
GrandMufti:

I meant SOT on normal/fairly heavy usage.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Mfunkynation(m): 7:50am On Mar 01, 2019
GrandMufti:

Recovery
if i flash the recovery file, will it wipe app n data on my phone memory?
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by sammylee002(m): 8:04am On Mar 01, 2019
MrGokay:

Do a factory reset
have done dat twice ....
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Psychodavidovic(m): 8:21am On Mar 01, 2019
Reddington:

Not bad. Although we mustn't forget that on Xiaomi.eu rom, the standard SOT is 16hrs (after full charge) which is fantastic to say the very least. kiss

MIUI based ROM are mostly way too aggressive on apps which is the major reason that made me leave. Battery on MIUI will always be better but any ROM that reaches 10hrs without closing my background apps unecessarily, I'm good with it.

Do you have the background app issue on MIUI EU ?
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by MrGokay(m): 8:22am On Mar 01, 2019
Reddington:

You've to decrypt first.

I would be using external storage jare, that decryption na wahala
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Reddington(m): 8:38am On Mar 01, 2019
Psychodavidovic:

MIUI based ROM are mostly way too aggressive on apps which is the major reason that made me leave. Battery on MIUI will always be better but any ROM that reaches 10hrs without closing my background apps unecessarily, I'm good with it.

Not really, bro. No app issues whatsoever, at least not with the latest EU update for whyred. MIUI aggression on apps which you mentioned can be completely moderated by the user... Everything is customizable... You have the option to adjust the "aggression"... MIUI roms are extremely conscious of battery performance, hence they pay a lot of attention to apps' activities, and that's where my attraction lies majorly.. Dude, I don't joke with battery and optimization.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Reddington(m): 8:40am On Mar 01, 2019
MrGokay:

I would be using external storage jare, that decryption na wahala
Whatever you find convenient, bro. smiley

1 Like

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Reddington(m): 9:12am On Mar 01, 2019
Psychodavidovic:
SOT on AEX ..
I've seen virtually all your SOT screenshots on the most part of this thread and I noticed you're always on WIFI which generally consumes way lesser battery on android. Try switching to 3g/4g network and let's see your SOT after full charge... 10k says it'll drop significantly wink
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Psychodavidovic(m): 9:44am On Mar 01, 2019
Reddington:

Not really, bro. No app issues whatsoever, at least not with the latest EU update for whyred. MIUI aggression on apps which you mentioned can be completely determined by the user... Everything is customizable... You have the option to adjust the "aggression"... MIUI roms are extremely conscious of battery performance, hence they pay a lot of attention to apps' activities, and that's where my attraction lies majorly.. Dude, I don't joke with battery and optimization.

Haven't tried MIUI EU but when i was on MIUI 10 Goabal, i searched around for a fix for app closing and tried a bunch of settings all to no avail. Maybe MIUI EU is different, i wouldn't know because i haven't used it.

AOSP is my new found love and i don't think I'll be using MIUI based ROM. I might hop on it once in a while to see what it's all about but will definitely head back to one of them AOSP ROMs.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Psychodavidovic(m): 9:46am On Mar 01, 2019
Reddington:

I've seen virtually all your SOT screenshots on the most part of this thread and I noticed you're always on WIFI which generally consumes way lesser battery on android. Try switching to 3g/4g network and let's see your SOT after full charge... 10k says it'll drop significantly wink

Yeah, I've said it before. WiFi cosumes less battery.

Will try to do a battery test on 3G/4G one of the days though. Let's see if i can hit that 10hrs SOT. grin
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by gidieberry(m): 10:54am On Mar 01, 2019
GrandMufti:

Na true sef.

I bin think say adi don release BL unorthodox rom?
na d last official release b dat wey i post d ss

1 Like

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by gidieberry(m): 10:59am On Mar 01, 2019
harrisin:
please house, i tried to install twrp and root my xiaomi mi 8, using Adb. My bootloader is already unlocked and USB debugging is turned it, but my computer doesn't recognize my phone once it's switched to Fastboot mode. what could be the problem?
do u av both adb drivers (via adb installer) and xiaomi pc suite or mi flash installed.. If not, download both n ya prob is solved
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by gidieberry(m): 11:00am On Mar 01, 2019
Psychodavidovic:

memory management via miui rom is better on whyred as compared to vince..
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Reddington(m): 11:12am On Mar 01, 2019
Psychodavidovic:

Yeah, I've said it before. WiFi cosumes less battery.

Will try to do a battery test on 3G/4G one of the days though. Let's see if i can hit that 10hrs SOT. grin
That would be highly unlikely. I'd like to see the test results tho. grin
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Reddington(m): 11:52am On Mar 01, 2019
Psychodavidovic:

Haven't tried MIUI EU but when i was on MIUI 10 Goabal, i searched around for a fix for app closing and tried a bunch of settings all to no avail. Maybe MIUI EU is different, i wouldn't know because i haven't used it.

AOSP is my new found love and i don't think I'll be using MIUI based ROM. I might hop on it once in a while to see what it's all about but will definitely head back to one of them AOSP ROMs.
Well EU rom corrected everything that went wrong on MIUI global. It's a neater, faster, more streamlined, optimized, moderately customizable version of MIUI global. If excessive customization is your cup of tea, then I'm sorry, EU is not for you grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) ... (266) (Reply)

Tecno N7 5" Android Phone / List Of WAP Sites You Know / Gionee M3mini Discussion Thread [HOT]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.