Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,507 members, 7,770,276 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 08:27 AM

### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### - Phones (97) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### (292153 Views)

Xiaomi Thread Deleted / Strange Behavior From China Phones Help / See How To Activate MTN 100% Double Data Bonus Without Tweaking IMEI (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) ... (266) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Ocon: 3:41am On May 18, 2019
please I need help ASAP. .. was trying to update my redmi 5 plus to v10.2.1 Tru orange fox recovery and somehow it failed... (kept mentioning error 7)
now phone doesn't boot up and is stuck at the fastboot logo everytime

I don't even know what to do next...
bootloader is unlocked
orange fox is installed
mi flash tool is available but kept saying it require some windows and google drivers like that
please help

grandmufti mathefaro psychodavidovic and others
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by HowGlorious: 5:33am On May 18, 2019
https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2522762
How to fix error 7 while flashing a rom
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by HowGlorious: 5:38am On May 18, 2019
Ocon:
please I need help ASAP. .. was trying to update my redmi 5 plus to v10.2.1 Tru orange fox recovery and somehow it failed... (kept mentioning error 7)

bootloader is unlocked
orange fox is installed
mi flash tool is available but kept saying it require some windows and google drivers like that
please help

Try another recovery like twrp and a custom rom
https://android-fix.com/android-errors/amp/61-status-error-7-twrp.html
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by HowGlorious: 5:42am On May 18, 2019
Ocon:

bootloader is unlocked
orange fox is installed
please help

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBHdPwuwT1w
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by johnolusetire97(m): 6:22am On May 18, 2019
Bought the chinese rom version of redmi note 5 pro for my sister.

1) How can i flash the global english rom on it?
2) Is there any stable android pie rom for the phone?
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Ocon: 8:18am On May 18, 2019
HowGlorious:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2522762
How to fix error 7 while flashing a rom
Please I need link to the latest redmi 5 plus stock rom.. I can't unzip the one I have cos it's saying the file has been corrupted (I guess that's where the initial issue started)

I can't get my head around the link you sent... so I'll prefer to just flash the stock rom through mi flash tool (I hope it will work this way cos I'm not sure)

thanks
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Psychodavidovic(m): 8:19am On May 18, 2019
Ocon:

bootloader is unlocked
orange fox is installed
please help

What you mean you tried updating to v10.2.1 via Orange Fox recovery ? Why didn't you use OTA update ?

I'm assuming we're talking about MIUI.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by BryanWyatt: 8:51am On May 18, 2019
Ocon:
Please I need link to the latest redmi 5 plus stock rom.. I can't unzip the one I have cos it's saying the file has been corrupted (I guess that's where the initial issue started)

I can't get my head around the link you sent... so I'll prefer to just flash the stock rom through mi flash tool (I hope it will work this way cos I'm not sure)

thanks
GrandMufti
Gptech
http://en.miui.com/thread-3832387-1-1.html
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by busuyi44: 9:19am On May 18, 2019
Ocon:

thanks
http://en.miui.com/download.html

Redmi 5 Plus =Redmi Note 5?
Grandmufti ,fibonacci2526 � clarify this confusion so that Ocon won't download a wrong Rom
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 10:27am On May 18, 2019
Ocon:

thanks

http://bigota.d.miui.com/V10.2.1.0.OEGMIXM/vince_global_images_V10.2.1.0.OEGMIXM_20190325.0000.00_8.1_global_a6f1d912aa.tgz
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Ocon: 11:27am On May 18, 2019
Psychodavidovic:

What you mean you tried updating to v10.2.1 via Orange Fox recovery ? Why didn't you use OTA update ?

I'm assuming we're talking about MIUI.
Yes brother, i was on custom rom before but i,be settled with me since the launch of Maui 10 and every update is always smooth except this. I guess the problem is from the v10.2.1 I downloaded cos when I try to unzip it, it was saying corrupt file
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Ocon: 11:32am On May 18, 2019
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Ocon: 11:33am On May 18, 2019
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Ocon: 11:34am On May 18, 2019
busuyi44:

Grandmufti ,fibonacci2526 � clarify this confusion so that Ocon won't download a wrong Rom
thanks brother, i’lll try it out now..I hope it works
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by WizAkzy: 12:15pm On May 18, 2019
Hello everyone. Whenever i set a theme on my device, after a while it resets back to the default one. Please what could be the cause, I'm tired of changing it everytime.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Joezik(m): 12:18pm On May 18, 2019
WizAkzy:
Hello everyone. Whenever i set a theme on my device, after a while it resets back to the default one. Please what could be the cause, I'm tired of changing it everytime.

If you applied a custom font.... Thats the cause
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by WizAkzy: 12:30pm On May 18, 2019
Joezik:

If you applied a custom font.... Thats the cause
yes i did. Please what can i do?
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Nobody: 1:13pm On May 18, 2019
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 1:23pm On May 18, 2019
WizAkzy:
yes i did. Please what can i do?

Unlock bootloader and flash the font zip file
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 1:23pm On May 18, 2019
xvbill:
For

le

No ads
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by WizAkzy: 1:26pm On May 18, 2019
GrandMufti:

Unlock bootloader and flash the font zip file
Please i have no idea how to do it. I know about bootloader but not flashing. Could you please help me with it?
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 2:08pm On May 18, 2019
WizAkzy:
Please i have no idea how to do it. I know about bootloader but not flashing. Could you please help me with it?

First unlock bootloader .search Google
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Psychodavidovic(m): 2:23pm On May 18, 2019
Ocon:
Yes brother, i was on custom rom before but i,be settled with me since the launch of Maui 10 and every update is always smooth except this. I guess the problem is from the v10.2.1 I downloaded cos when I try to unzip it, it was saying corrupt file

Problem located. This is why each time i flash a new ROM, i always make sure i have a previous working ROM on my phone. Once the new ROM I'm about to flash boots up without bootloop then i delete the old one and still leave the one i just flashed.

Can you access TWRP ? If you can, wipe everything (except Internal storage and SDcard of course) then Download a new ROM, copy it to an SD card and flash from the SD card.

If you can't access your customer recovery then try using the video someone dropped in the previous page.

2 Likes

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Ocon: 4:29pm On May 18, 2019
busuyi44:

the Redmi 5 plus rom from this link is corrupt... It cant even be unzipped successfully
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Ocon: 4:31pm On May 18, 2019
GrandMufti:

http://bigota.d.miui.com/V10.2.1.0.OEGMIXM/vince_global_images_V10.2.1.0.OEGMIXM_20190325.0000.00_8.1_global_a6f1d912aa.tgz
sir, please how will flash this file if I download it?
Is it through recovery or through MI flash?
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Ocon: 4:35pm On May 18, 2019
Psychodavidovic:

Problem located. This is why each time i flash a new ROM, i always make sure i have a previous working ROM on my phone. Once the new ROM I'm about to flash boots up without bootloop then i delete the old one and still leave the one i just flashed.

Can you access TWRP ? If you can, wipe everything (except Internal storage and SDcard of course) then Download a new ROM, copy it to an SD card and flash from the SD card.

If you can't access your customer recovery then try using the video someone dropped in the previous page.
I have orange fox recovery and it is accessible... The problem is the stock rom on the mini site is corrupt. I think that was why it bricked the phone in the first place. I can't even unzipped the rom successfully with winrar

I'm thinking of download the older version of the stock rom or probably go with the link grandmufti sent (but I don't know how to go about it cos the file is .tgz and not zip file)
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by BryanWyatt: 4:47pm On May 18, 2019
Ocon:
I have orange fox recovery and it is accessible... The problem is the stock rom on the mini site is corrupt. I think that was why it bricked the phone in the first place. I can't even unzipped the rom successfully with winrar

I'm thinking of download the older version of the stock rom or probably go with the link grandmufti sent (but I don't know how to go about it cos the file is .tgz and not zip file)
. Zip for recovery
. Tgz for fastboot
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by callydon(m): 5:01pm On May 18, 2019
liljboy:
which one is the main one
The first link
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Psychodavidovic(m): 5:42pm On May 18, 2019
Ocon:

Flash using fastboot or look for the Zip file online if you want to flash using your orange fox recovery (hopefully you won't flash a corrupted zip file again)

If you choose to go with the zip file method, try unzipping it first to make sure it isn't corrupted before going ahead to flash it.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Nobody: 6:01pm On May 18, 2019
Please help
I can't see my missed calls on rn7, I only see outgoing calls. Even when I click options and click on missed calls, nothing shows
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by liljboy(m): 6:06pm On May 18, 2019
callydon:

The first link
didn't work ..m had to source it from another place, that one is working perfectly now.... stock Vs Gcam (I had to reduce size to upload)

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 8:19pm On May 18, 2019
Ocon:
sir, please how will flash this file if I download it?
Is it through recovery or through MI flash?

Mi flash

(1) (2) (3) ... (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) ... (266) (Reply)

Tecno N7 5" Android Phone / List Of WAP Sites You Know / Gionee M3mini Discussion Thread [HOT]

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.