Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,660 members, 7,823,872 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:00 PM

I Am Regretting Going To College Of Education - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Am Regretting Going To College Of Education (39700 Views)

Delta School Of Nursing Upgraded To College Of Nursing / PGDE: Should I Go To College Of Education Or National Open University? Help!!! / You Can Now Go To College In Germany For Free, No Matter Where You’re From (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Regretting Going To College Of Education by Nobody: 8:36pm On Aug 24, 2018
Son, let me tell you a story. I have friends who read "better course" than I did but many years on, most haven't gotten their first job. When I got admission to read my course, they advised me to read any Engineering course but I stuck to my guns and I graduated short of First Class -yes, most are Engineers today but their certificates has gathered dust.

My Point: With 156 score, University may not be your calling. Read your course (mind you, if you desire to study economics in the University, why not study Education Economics) and graduate. You can't afford to waste precious years because you want to study in a University. You may, at a last resort, write jamb in your year 1 and yr two to give University a shot.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am Regretting Going To College Of Education by enemyofprogress: 8:37pm On Aug 24, 2018
Education is good, but it's not the ultimate

1 Like

Re: I Am Regretting Going To College Of Education by amanikondo: 8:37pm On Aug 24, 2018
Rafeek1:
one tin about some guyz is dah day claim to know while dey know nothing. u should understand that i only typed for typing sake not to define English language. And even u trying to correct someone check ur expression is wrong what is " your English says it all" very wrong mr man it is not my English but my expression and is not says okay

Shot fired. I repeat, Shot fired. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: I Am Regretting Going To College Of Education by zicoraads: 8:37pm On Aug 24, 2018
KingSatan:
My son, do not regret attending a college of education. In the world you live in today, formal education does not guarantee your exploits or achievements. Its is the maximization of your mental capacity that makes you standout at the end of the day. There are a lot of university graduates who have nothing upstairs, they only decieve their aged parents who still lay much emphasis and believe in this fairy tale "Go to school and you will be wealthy".

My advice to you is simple, "Develop yourself and be the best version of you. Find a solution to a problem and you will regret wasting your time seating for any exams or visiting any school".

Or better still, use your GF for Yahoo Plus.

I am waiting for you in hell. You will make a good demon
I wanted to type a very long post as a reply to him. But you said everything I wanted to say. You are smart. I wonder the need for all the attention though.

Then your last two paragraphs got me laughing. cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: I Am Regretting Going To College Of Education by Hahnemann: 8:38pm On Aug 24, 2018
jasysandra:
Life is not a competition and never should be.
Focus on you and you alone. Leave your mates to run their race.
We shall all gt there!!!

This ur comment inspired me, thank you for commenting

1 Like

Re: I Am Regretting Going To College Of Education by Rosebloom: 8:38pm On Aug 24, 2018
Rafeek1:
I am a Yoruba boy based in Abuja. I graduated my secondary school 2012, wrote my first jamb in 2013 but i score 157 which was very low for any university to accept me as of then (because d cut off mark was 180)

I felt so disappointed in my self so i took another jamb in 2014 it was same 156 i was over disappointed in my self. I den decided to go for poly den (fed poly bauchi) but my mom refused that is too far from abj den. I don't have much knowledge about change of institution and nobody put me through so I went to college of education minna, spending 3yrs and have to wait for another year b4 result will b ready.

To cut d story shut, is diz year that am applying to university while my mates who go university and poly are serving now while some of them are even working. So am advising u guys not to go to collage of education it waste time.

Judging by what you typed up there, you really did waste your time.

Colleges of education sell themselves short by granting admission to your ilk .

3 Likes

Re: I Am Regretting Going To College Of Education by meezynetwork(m): 8:39pm On Aug 24, 2018
Guy no be who first graduate or who first serve dey first make am. Even if them make am first, your might be a bang when ur time comes

7 Likes

Re: I Am Regretting Going To College Of Education by MaziOmenuko: 8:39pm On Aug 24, 2018
ikbnice:
I hope you know we have some of your secondary school classmates who might have become a roadside mechanic or doing menial jobs just to survive. Some of them would even be happy having what you had. We do not journey through life with the same speed.

What's wrong with being a roadside mechanic? You have not seen graduates that are into auto repairs or you don't visit the auto section of Nairaland?

2 Likes

Re: I Am Regretting Going To College Of Education by Rexnegro(m): 8:39pm On Aug 24, 2018
fidelmarshal199:
Your English says it all, You only passed through the school. The school didn't pass through you cry
except Ur name is Google stop acting like u know everything .. olosho oshi

1 Like

Re: I Am Regretting Going To College Of Education by Nobody: 8:41pm On Aug 24, 2018
Rafeek1:
I am a Yoruba boy based in Abuja. I graduated my secondary school 2012, wrote my first jamb in 2013 but i score 157 which was very low for any university to accept me as of then (because d cut off mark was 180)

I felt so disappointed in my self so i took another jamb in 2014 it was same 156 i was over disappointed in my self. I den decided to go for poly den (fed poly bauchi) but my mom refused that is too far from abj den. I don't have much knowledge about change of institution and nobody put me through so I went to college of education minna, spending 3yrs and have to wait for another year b4 result will b ready.

To cut d story shut, is diz year that am applying to university while my mates who go university and poly are serving now while some of them are even working. So am advising u guys not to go to collage of education it waste time.

Oga I beg go take over your father's farm and forget school, u don't need to stress urself, walahi talahi

3 Likes

Re: I Am Regretting Going To College Of Education by Bibidear(f): 8:42pm On Aug 24, 2018
benzion72:

I thank God I attended college of Education Ila Orangun Great Ilarites. It afford the opportunity to switch job especially when you need a teaching job. You do not need to go for any Post graduate diploma PGD in education. College of Education also prepare you for facing crowd, you can face any interview panel without fidgeting, because you have done micro teaching and teaching practice. I still have respect for all Psychology courses I did, it help to understand human behavior. Courese in Philosophy also sharpen my logical reasoning. I dont really know why you are regretting
do u know mr olusanjo

1 Like

Re: I Am Regretting Going To College Of Education by oviexcels(m): 8:42pm On Aug 24, 2018
Oga you wasted your time because you don't even know the essence of the school you even went to, stop discouraging great men and women out there who's got determination to be great teachers and school administrators in future

5 Likes

Re: I Am Regretting Going To College Of Education by campuscatch: 8:43pm On Aug 24, 2018
Guy! If you continue with this line of thinking you'd get depressed overtime, kindly focus on your own race. Get yourself into Uni and add a B.Ed to your NCE, you'd be glad you did. This is because the most readily available job for young Nigerians today is 'teaching'; professional teachers are on high demand both in the private and public sector (especially science education teachers). Quit whining and get yourself going... run your own race at your own pace, don't use the achievement of others as a yardstick for yours. It's dangerous! Enough said...

4 Likes

Re: I Am Regretting Going To College Of Education by Arysexy(m): 8:44pm On Aug 24, 2018
This yoloba Muslim sef. You really need to gain university admission to remedy your English deficiency

1 Like

Re: I Am Regretting Going To College Of Education by PuZZyNegro: 8:45pm On Aug 24, 2018
jumper524:
College of education is a real brain drainer especially minna..
I was there 2013/2014 i spent only a year there and had to leave for the university.
While in the university i realised how brain dead i was..
Bro ill advise you dont go for educational course in the university.
Its same category with college.
Theres a huge difference between normal bsc student and education students..

Even after leaving college of education to university, you are still uneducated!

6 Likes

Re: I Am Regretting Going To College Of Education by oviexcels(m): 8:45pm On Aug 24, 2018
Oga you wasted your time because you don't even know the essence of the school you attended, please stop discouraging young brave and intelligent ones out there
Re: I Am Regretting Going To College Of Education by Ayourmide1(m): 8:46pm On Aug 24, 2018
Your English says it all, You only passed through the school. The school didn't pass through you.
Wow........what a waste of brian, the guy is trying to pass some message. If u grab it, best of luck and if u dont.....then its ur prob.
Re: I Am Regretting Going To College Of Education by Nobody: 8:46pm On Aug 24, 2018
fidelmarshal199:
Your English says it all, You only passed through the school. The school didn't pass through you cry
I beg make he jst take over him papa farm, wentin he dey find for school? I kn many guys that finished from Adeyemi college of education that works with Glo, mtn, Airtel, Radio Nigeria, private radio and tv stations, News paper firms and many more, some are even doing well outside Nigeria,

1 Like

Re: I Am Regretting Going To College Of Education by xcelentattitude(m): 8:47pm On Aug 24, 2018
Rafeek1:

In Whatsoever situation you're in, you should give thanks. I finished secondary school in 2011 finished my part time programme in COE zuba, Abuja last year. Final result is rolling out now. I won't get any chance of university until maybe next year at least, not that I have any idea of where the funds will come from, but I am hopeful. Most of My mates are done with their degree programme ,some serving, some are dead too, though, none that I know of but you know people die every seconds. Stop complaining, give thanks. "Weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning " psalm 30:5
1.Life is a journey,
2.we will all get to our destination and
3. Over taking is allowed

10 Likes

Re: I Am Regretting Going To College Of Education by xcelentattitude(m): 8:49pm On Aug 24, 2018
Ayourmide1:
Your English says it all, You only passed through the school. The school didn't pass through you.
Wow........what a waste of brian, the guy is trying to pass some message. If u grab it, best of luck and if u dont.....then its ur prob.

Let me guess, it's from what he typed that you 'heard his English' you must be joking.

*Modified*
Apologies, apparently I quoted you out of context.

.*Re-modified*
On third thought I think I am going to stick to my first opinion about you.
Re: I Am Regretting Going To College Of Education by Nobody: 8:49pm On Aug 24, 2018
KingSatan:
My son, do not regret attending a college of education. In the world you live in today, formal education does not guarantee your exploits or achievements. Its is the maximization of your mental capacity that makes you standout at the end of the day. There are a lot of university graduates who have nothing upstairs, they only decieve their aged parents who still lay much emphasis and believe in this fairy tale "Go to school and you will be wealthy".

My advice to you is simple, "Develop yourself and be the best version of you. Find a solution to a problem and you will regret wasting your time seating for any exams or visiting any school".

Or better still, use your GF for Yahoo Plus.

I am waiting for you in hell. You will make a good demon

You know I used to have a friend who talks like this, the only difference between you & him is that he is serious about introducing me to the ritual thingy,

last I heard he was in Cotonou as crack guys dey jejely look for him

1 Like

Re: I Am Regretting Going To College Of Education by denko(m): 8:49pm On Aug 24, 2018
Rafeek1:
is true but school is d best
classroom education era is gone
personal development is the new thing now
Re: I Am Regretting Going To College Of Education by MrEgghead(m): 8:52pm On Aug 24, 2018
fidelmarshal199:
The guy has alludedly admitted he's not so bright academically, you don't have to remind him of his predicament.

1 Like

Re: I Am Regretting Going To College Of Education by Nobody: 8:53pm On Aug 24, 2018
Rafeek1:

You can only regret cos you are not Hausa/Fulani. If you were, you woild have been in the paradise of our screwed system.
Re: I Am Regretting Going To College Of Education by baylord101(m): 8:54pm On Aug 24, 2018
I regretted attending College of education, thank God I waste no time proceeding to the university.
Re: I Am Regretting Going To College Of Education by mufadem2012: 8:56pm On Aug 24, 2018
go for direct entry and get your Bsc.Edu. ���
Re: I Am Regretting Going To College Of Education by fineboynl(m): 8:56pm On Aug 24, 2018
its high Time Nigeria youths realised time certificate doesn't bring money any more.
Re: I Am Regretting Going To College Of Education by Nwaohafia1: 8:58pm On Aug 24, 2018
Rafeek1:

Focus on the DESTINATION and not on the JOURNEY
Re: I Am Regretting Going To College Of Education by hector1046(m): 8:58pm On Aug 24, 2018
The journey is not about how far rather how well
Re: I Am Regretting Going To College Of Education by InvertedHammer: 8:59pm On Aug 24, 2018
Rafeek1:

/
Every experience counts.

In life, no be who first start dey win the race.

You may turn out better than those who started before you.

/

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

World’s 10 Highest IQ Holders / Adenike Oyetunde Who Lost Her Limbs To Cancer At 20 Becomes A Lawyer & OAP(pics) / ASUU Strike: Moment Soldiers Were Sent Away By Protesting OAU Students (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.