Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,443 members, 7,823,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:02 PM

I Am Regretting Going To College Of Education - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Am Regretting Going To College Of Education (39694 Views)

Delta School Of Nursing Upgraded To College Of Nursing / PGDE: Should I Go To College Of Education Or National Open University? Help!!! / You Can Now Go To College In Germany For Free, No Matter Where You’re From (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Regretting Going To College Of Education by EzeIgboNwaChukwu(m): 11:11pm On Aug 24, 2018
jasysandra:
smiley
you're processing your M.A degree in French right?
Je m'appelle Udeme Triumph, Je viens de l'état d'akwa ibom.
I graduated from uniuyo btw.
Let's talk via profudeme@gmail.com
Anticipating your message.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: I Am Regretting Going To College Of Education by Mujtahida: 11:13pm On Aug 24, 2018
mogbojaiye:

Is it ur language..... Even an American fails English test.... So who are u not to make mistakes in English language.... I tire for dis oversabi Nigeria people oo

I just feel like using cani to peel ur back..
It's even better to speak pidgin English than to speak or write poor English. Call it over sabi or whatever na you sabi.

And try to spell your words in full- you not u, your not ur. Lots of people do it and think it's cool but actually there cannot be intelligence once language is mutilated and corrupted.

Make sure you take note of this corrections if not I will do to your nyash what Aunty Grace used to do to you when you were in primary school because it's obvious you've still not learnt her lessons
Re: I Am Regretting Going To College Of Education by Shaev7(m): 11:16pm On Aug 24, 2018
Rafeek1:
I am a Yoruba boy based in Abuja. I graduated my secondary school 2012, wrote my first jamb in 2013 but i score 157 which was very low for any university to accept me as of then (because d cut off mark was 180)

I felt so disappointed in my self so i took another jamb in 2014 it was same 156 i was over disappointed in my self. I den decided to go for poly den (fed poly bauchi) but my mom refused that is too far from abj den. I don't have much knowledge about change of institution and nobody put me through so I went to college of education minna, spending 3yrs and have to wait for another year b4 result will b ready.

To cut d story shut, is diz year that am applying to university while my mates who go university and poly are serving now while some of them are even working. So am advising u guys not to go to collage of education it waste time.
Your psychology is your challenge not your school? You might as well
went to university and graduate all you can do with it is tell people that you are a graduate but have nothing to attest to it. My dear friend, be dynamic, you didn't come to this to run raise with anyone. Be it degree or not the only person that can help yourself is yourself.
Re: I Am Regretting Going To College Of Education by Skmoda360(m): 11:17pm On Aug 24, 2018
ikbnice:
I hope you know we have some of your secondary school classmates who might have become a roadside mechanic or doing menial jobs just to survive. Some of them would even be happy having what you had. We do not journey through life with the same speed.
I guess he did not think that " life as we see it, is not a bed of roses"......

We cannot reach our destination at the same time.....
Re: I Am Regretting Going To College Of Education by histemple: 11:25pm On Aug 24, 2018
OboOlora:
but even people that went to University regret not going to private university and the ones that went to private university regret not schooling abroad.

Just accept ur fate and make the best of any situation u find urself.

After all some people didn’t go to school and own companies that have plenty graduates.

All d best Mate!

Public universities are the best place to acquire tertiary education and it's like that worldwide. The best 5000 universities in the world are all public institutions.

No private university can teach you the real lessons of life. You end up seeing life from only one perspective. You won't have the opportunity of associating with people of different backgrounds.

In Nigeria for example, you can never become NANS president from a private university.

Even at the primary and especially the secondary schools, those who attended public secondary schools are better equipped to face the real challenges of everyday life.

So many disadvantages.
Re: I Am Regretting Going To College Of Education by Nobody: 11:26pm On Aug 24, 2018
Mujtahida:

It's even better to speak pidgin English than to speak or write poor English. Call it over sabi or whatever na you sabi.

And try to spell your words in full- you not u, your not ur. Lot of people do it and think it's cool but actually there cannot be intelligence once language is mutilated and corrupted.

Make sure you take note of this corrections if not I will do to your nyash what Aunty Grace used to do to you when you were in primary school because it's obvious you've still not learnt her lessons
You can speak the grammar but the guy has the certificate.... Bro Bleep off
Re: I Am Regretting Going To College Of Education by babalonimi: 11:30pm On Aug 24, 2018
ikbnice:
I hope you know we have some of your secondary school classmates who might have become a roadside mechanic or doing menial jobs just to survive. Some of them would even be happy having what you had. We do not journey through life with the same speed.
U r spirited!!!
Re: I Am Regretting Going To College Of Education by jasysandra(f): 11:31pm On Aug 24, 2018
EzeIgboNwaChukwu:
you're processing your M.A degree in French right?
Je m'appelle Udeme Triumph, Je viens de l'état d'akwa ibom.
I graduated from uniuyo btw.
Let's talk via profudeme@gmail.com
Anticipating your message.
Thanks.
Ok
Re: I Am Regretting Going To College Of Education by histemple: 11:32pm On Aug 24, 2018
Mujtahida:

And try to spell your words in full- you not u, your not ur. Lot of people do it and think it's cool but actually there cannot be intelligence once language is mutilated and corrupted.

Honestly, the guy is not a good publicity for that school.

From his story and expression, you could identify that his major challenge is lack of education.

He is grossly uneducated and that is why he has the kind of mindset he is parading.

1 Like

Re: I Am Regretting Going To College Of Education by pipsempire: 11:51pm On Aug 24, 2018
ikbnice:

Let him know jare. I resumed a job on my bed this month with a capital firm in California. I have only seen my boss on zoom. And my pay is in dollars. Yet to collect my certificate from my university, I only sent CV and nothing more. She only did confirmation by my competence. So Dont blame yourself for some inadequacies.
Re: I Am Regretting Going To College Of Education by Nobody: 12:01am On Aug 25, 2018
Rafeek1:
I am a Yoruba boy based in Abuja. I graduated my secondary school 2012, wrote my first jamb in 2013 but i score 157 which was very low for any university to accept me as of then (because d cut off mark was 180)

I felt so disappointed in my self so i took another jamb in 2014 it was same 156 i was over disappointed in my self. I den decided to go for poly den (fed poly bauchi) but my mom refused that is too far from abj den. I don't have much knowledge about change of institution and nobody put me through so I went to college of education minna, spending 3yrs and have to wait for another year b4 result will b ready.

To cut d story shut, is diz year that am applying to university while my mates who go university and poly are serving now while some of them are even working. So am advising u guys not to go to collage of education it waste time.

college of education isn't a waste of time.

It has its own specific educational importance.

1 Like

Re: I Am Regretting Going To College Of Education by Nobody: 12:03am On Aug 25, 2018
Modupetemmy1:
a bird in hand worths more than a thousand in the bush
I finished my secondary school in 2005
stayed at home till 2010 all because I wanted to study medicine at all cost
my sister would persuade me to attempt college of education
whenever she made mention of it
I always get angry at her
last last 2010 I tried and my name came out with merit list
believe me; you may not appreciate what you have done now
but later in the future you would
2014 I applied through direct entry to unilag
I can bet you that all the direct entry performs far more better than the jambite
we build on the foreknowledge we have from the college of education
my dear no knowledge gain is a waste
you will remember this day later and thank your mother likewise yourself for making the decision

non of my mate could beat me academically
in college you tend to learn all the basic rudiments of education unlike in the university

So you're just graduating from school at 2017?
Re: I Am Regretting Going To College Of Education by Nobody: 12:09am On Aug 25, 2018
zicoraads:

I wanted to type a very long post as a reply to him. But you said everything I wanted to say. You are smart. I wonder the need for all the attention though.

Then your last two paragraphs got me laughing. cheesy cheesy

Same thing I thought oh. He gave the best response on the thread. All his other responses are top notch as well.

The guy dey on point, I'm also wondering why all this satanist labelling. Even the last two paragraphs is funny but true.

At the end money is what matters, not your degree.
Re: I Am Regretting Going To College Of Education by unknown87: 1:29am On Aug 25, 2018
Rafeek1:

Dude I feel your pain. I graduated from the university at age 21 served at 22 got SSC at the Nigerian Defense Academy at 23 and my father and entire family refused. The mistake I made was that I listened to them and I didn't go. Today I will tell you that I made the greatest mistake of my life by not going. I'm just getting a better opportunity in my life after a number of years. My brother we all will have our own disappointments in life and are bound to have one form of delay or the other especially in this country. Just remain focused and prayerful and always remember that you're not in any competition with anybody but yourself. You could discover that you haven't done that bad considering the factors in you case. Best of luck
Re: I Am Regretting Going To College Of Education by bluefilm: 3:03am On Aug 25, 2018
Rafeek1:
one tin about some guyz is dah day claim to know while dey know nothing. u should understand that i only typed for typing sake not to define English language. And even u trying to correct someone check ur expression is wrong what is " your English says it all" very wrong mr man it is not my English but my expression and is not says okay

Your case is different.

Your case is beyond redemption.

I rest my case.
Re: I Am Regretting Going To College Of Education by Kazrem(m): 4:01am On Aug 25, 2018
Ode. Condemning an institution of learning instead of taking responsibility for his failure. Why not say secondary school is a waste of time because someone couldn't have 5 credit while his friends had and had gone ahead to university. Aridin. You know better than the people who instituted it.
Re: I Am Regretting Going To College Of Education by GboyegaD(m): 4:26am On Aug 25, 2018
Rafeek1:

Life isn't a competition. Be grateful for life while you keep aiming for the best.
Re: I Am Regretting Going To College Of Education by johnok(m): 4:33am On Aug 25, 2018
I agree with u! It's better to attend good tutorial and make your Jamb straight.However you are already a professional teacher. That is a plus
Re: I Am Regretting Going To College Of Education by falcon01: 4:51am On Aug 25, 2018
mechanics:
hmmmm, it's a lie.
are you a mechanic? how much does an average banker earn a month? how much does a mechanic earn per day ive seen a mechanic that earn upto 5,000 per day, sometimes even more.
Re: I Am Regretting Going To College Of Education by toprealman: 4:59am On Aug 25, 2018
Rafeek1:

Don't measure yourself with anyone. What will be will be, just keep pushing.

1 Like

Re: I Am Regretting Going To College Of Education by Nobody: 5:19am On Aug 25, 2018
I used to have this feelings until I got to year 2 and started making more money as a student more than my friends that finished nysc. Waited for 5 years to get my preferred engineering course, but for my dad I had accepted mass communication at the polytechnic calabar. Also after graduation I waited for my dream job for 6 years while my friends where been employed in the civil service, life was tough but I survived in the street until I hit my dream job that gave me all the money my friends made in 6 years in a year. In summary, every man has a path, follow your path, always be you. Those years you think that you are wasting can be recouped in a day when you walk your God given path and not trying to be a davido because he has a chioma. My lesson teacher in secondary school owns a private polytechnic now and seeking for license to own university. He was just a "mere" teacher in an oil city when everyone was seeking employment in oil firm. Today non of the Exxon Mobil employee can boast of the money and assets he owns. You can be anything if it's your God given path.

1 Like

Re: I Am Regretting Going To College Of Education by jidexpet(m): 5:35am On Aug 25, 2018
ikbnice:

He should also remember his mate ar also in Mortuary, Prison Yard. In all things give thanks to d Lord
Re: I Am Regretting Going To College Of Education by stoic6ix: 5:52am On Aug 25, 2018
Rafeek1:
I am a Yoruba boy based

That's a very stupid advice you are advancing. Firstly, that they're serving now doesn't mean they'll become more successful and secondly, you got what you deserved. How can you write Jamb twice and got the same grade. It shows that you were never serious and if you can reveal your grade even in the College it's going to be below average so basically you got what you deserved. Simple
Re: I Am Regretting Going To College Of Education by generalpios(m): 6:04am On Aug 25, 2018
fineboynl:
its high Time Nigeria youths realised time certificate doesn't bring money any more.
Reach me on WhatsApp thru my signature WhatsApp link let me help u with Skrill detailed information that will help u
Re: I Am Regretting Going To College Of Education by Sarang(f): 6:21am On Aug 25, 2018
ikbnice:

You can say that again!
People don't usually remember, there is someone else going through worst phase
Re: I Am Regretting Going To College Of Education by Mujtahida: 6:32am On Aug 25, 2018
mogbojaiye:

You can speak the grammar but the guy has the certificate.... Bro Bleep off
Having certificate doesn't mean you are educated.
Re: I Am Regretting Going To College Of Education by ossyjxmmi07(m): 6:37am On Aug 25, 2018
fidelmarshal199:
Your English says it all, You only passed through the school. The school didn't pass through you cry
Fool must u Diss.....
Hw has your English made u successful
Re: I Am Regretting Going To College Of Education by Obierika(m): 6:48am On Aug 25, 2018
ikbnice:

There are some mechanics who make a decent living
Re: I Am Regretting Going To College Of Education by dejavuh0007(m): 6:49am On Aug 25, 2018
Rafeek1:

Will u shut ur trap there? What's bad about going to a college of education? I went to college of education and right now I'm in my 3rd year in d uni.
U cant even manage to score a meagre 180 in jamb and here u r complaining. Wonder how u will cope in d uni.
Re: I Am Regretting Going To College Of Education by jamesbridget13(f): 7:22am On Aug 25, 2018
Op you have no reason, i repeat no reason to have regrets because you have no point. With this ur baseless point you are advicing people not to acquire NCE. Do you know how many persons that certificate puts food on their table?
Re: I Am Regretting Going To College Of Education by sweetilicious(f): 7:25am On Aug 25, 2018
ikbnice:
That's why people should acknowledge that time zones differs.Lucky you if you first me to do or have something. I will still have mine!
Re: I Am Regretting Going To College Of Education by goPasky: 7:35am On Aug 25, 2018
Rafeek1:
is true but school is d best

Why is school the best?
So many people stucks in 90s way of thinking.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

List Of Items Banned In Ajayi Crowther University Students’ Hostels / World’s 10 Highest IQ Holders / Test Your IQ: Solve This Question In 10 Seconds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.